Hill Country Barbecue Market Reviews

View more information

1 User photo

• Rachel
    Rachel Married on 10/02/2021

Best Rehearsal Dinner & Welcome Drinks Ever!

We were blown away at how fantastic Hill Country was for our 60 person rehearsal dinner, and 125 person welcome drinks event. Our family and friends were raving about how good the barbecue was- the brisket, cornbread, sides, everything. Sarah Pena and her team at Hill Country are absolute pros, and all of the bartenders were an absolute delight. Hill Country provided great gingham napkins, burlap runners, candles, and tables/chairs for our event. We even converted the space mid-way through the event from a seated dinner to a cocktail/live band drinks evening, and the entire thing was flawless. Sarah was extremely responsive to all of my questions leading up to the event, the tasting was fantastic, and every detail was ready to go, organized, and taken care of throughout the evening. Sarah really had our best interest at heart when helping us make decisions that got us the most bang for our buck within our set budget. I felt like I was working with a wedding planner in working with Sarah, and whenever there were small requests the bartenders and AV teams took full ownership of helping our party and accommodating. I wasn't expecting 5-star service at a bbq market but this place delivers and then some. Sarah was there in person, the entire evening, making sure everything went off without a hitch. The boot barn room in the basement is perfect for large parties, the lights/mood of the room were perfect with minimal decor required, and the stage and setup for the band was fantastic. 10/10 recommend, loved every second of our event. Thank you to everyone who helped us on October 1st, we so appreciate it and want to do it all over again!
  • User1790194 2+ years ago
    Hill Country BBQ provided the greatest food and service for our wedding. The entire HC staff (waiters, bartenders, cooks, etc.) were so friendly and helpful throughout the entire night and made sure that our guests were never left hungry or thirsty.

We worked with Rachael Carney from our initial inquiry about catering, through multiple revisions to our menu and contract (which she was always happy to adjust), and she was even ultimately there working on the day of to ensure that everything went smoothly! Rachael always provided us with prompt responses either via email or phone and was such a pleasure to work with. She even assisted us with our linen and glassware rental! Planning a wedding can be incredibly stressful but Rachael and the HC Staff made it such an enjoyable experience.

The tasting was amazing and we got to sample every different appetizer, cut of meat, side dish, and dessert that they have to offer (tip: show up to this HUNGRY!). Most weddings that you go to the food is bland and forgettable. If you want a delicious, reasonably priced, and memorable meal then Hill Country BBQ is the way to go. I know that our friends and family will never forget the delicious dinner that they had on our wedding day!!

Kristin Married on 05/17/2014
    We were very happy with the food and service that Hill Country BBQ provided for our wedding. I mean, the mac and cheese alone sold us!

All of our guests loved that we decided on Hill Country for our wedding. Christina and Rachael both were super helpful throughout the planning process and revised our proposal a bunch of times without batting an eye. As the guest count began to get finalized, they took the time to meet with us at the venue to hammer out the details. Rachael and the Hill Country staff were also very attentive during the reception and made sure that both my husband and I had everything we needed.

Would totally recommend them to anyone! :)
    Katherine Married on 11/01/2013
    Hill Country Barbeque Market was the ultimate caterer for our wedding! The menu was a perfect, home-style, buffet meal (brisket, chicken, green bean casserole, mac and cheese, corn bread). All of our guests enjoyed it and are still raving about it! The people we worked with at Hill Country were amazing as well! They took the time to get to know us and helped us figure out what was perfect for our wedding. Ruby, our contact at Hill Country, even took the time to sign our guest book! Fabulous experience all around!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 07/07/2012
    As a Texas girl, I knew that I wanted something unique for my wedding dinner. Texas BBQ was just what I wanted, but I wanted it to be elegant and classy. I was overjoyed to have found Hill Country BBQ and to have worked with Rachel and Ruby. They went above and beyond to make my day and dinner everything I had hoped it would be! I recommend them without a doubt.
  • Forrest
    Forrest Married on 10/15/2016
    We hosted our family and wedding party here for the rehearsal dinner. The food was very good, and the prices low for DC. It often took quite a while for our contact person to respond to us, although our questions were all ultimately answered.

During the rehearsal dinner, one of the main components of our order ran out less than halfway through our guests, although we had ordered much more. Although that component was eventually replenished, many guests had already eaten their fill of other items and didn't get to try it. The servers were very respectful and did their best to remedy the situation, but there was clearly some issue with planning.