Hill Country Barbecue Market Reviews

5 | Washington, DC

5 Reviews for Hill Country Barbecue Market

Hill Country BBQ provided the greatest food and service for our wedding. The entire HC staff (waiters, bartenders, cooks, etc.) were so friendly and helpful throughout the entire night and made sure that our guests were never left hungry or thirsty.

We worked with Rachael Carney from our initial inquiry about catering, through multiple revisions to our menu and contract (which she was always happy to adjust), and she was even ultimately there working on the day of to ensure that everything went smoothly! Rachael always provided us with prompt responses either via email or phone and was such a pleasure to work with. She even assisted us with our linen and glassware rental! Planning a wedding can be incredibly stressful but Rachael and the HC Staff made it such an enjoyable experience.

The tasting was amazing and we got to sample every different appetizer, cut of meat, side dish, and dessert that they have to offer (tip: show up to this HUNGRY!). Most weddings that you go to the food is bland and forgettable. If you want a delicious, reasonably priced, and memorable meal then Hill Country BBQ is the way to go. I know that our friends and family will never forget the delicious dinner that they had on our wedding day!!

Sent on 09/01/2014

Kristin · Married on 05/17/2014

We were very happy with the food and service that Hill Country BBQ provided for our wedding. I mean, the mac and cheese alone sold us!

All of our guests loved that we decided on Hill Country for our wedding. Christina and Rachael both were super helpful throughout the planning process and revised our proposal a bunch of times without batting an eye. As the guest count began to get finalized, they took the time to meet with us at the venue to hammer out the details. Rachael and the Hill Country staff were also very attentive during the reception and made sure that both my husband and I had everything we needed.

Would totally recommend them to anyone! :)

Sent on 06/05/2014

Katherine · Married on 11/01/2013

Hill Country Barbeque Market was the ultimate caterer for our wedding! The menu was a perfect, home-style, buffet meal (brisket, chicken, green bean casserole, mac and cheese, corn bread). All of our guests enjoyed it and are still raving about it! The people we worked with at Hill Country were amazing as well! They took the time to get to know us and helped us figure out what was perfect for our wedding. Ruby, our contact at Hill Country, even took the time to sign our guest book! Fabulous experience all around!

Sent on 11/10/2013
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 07/07/2012

As a Texas girl, I knew that I wanted something unique for my wedding dinner. Texas BBQ was just what I wanted, but I wanted it to be elegant and classy. I was overjoyed to have found Hill Country BBQ and to have worked with Rachel and Ruby. They went above and beyond to make my day and dinner everything I had hoped it would be! I recommend them without a doubt.

Sent on 07/26/2012
  • F

Forrest · Married on 10/15/2016

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

We hosted our family and wedding party here for the rehearsal dinner. The food was very good, and the prices low for DC. It often took quite a while for our contact person to respond to us, although our questions were all ultimately answered.

During the rehearsal dinner, one of the main components of our order ran out less than halfway through our guests, although we had ordered much more. Although that component was eventually replenished, many guests had already eaten their fill of other items and didn't get to try it. The servers were very respectful and did their best to remedy the situation, but there was clearly some issue with planning.

Sent on 10/18/2016