13 Reviews for Helsinki Hudson

House Liquor (1)
Lighting (1)
China (1)
12 Helsinki Hudson Reviews

My husband and I held our reception at Helsinki Hudson and couldn't be happier with our choice! Austin, the manager, was so helpful, communicative and kind through out the process, working hand in hand with us and each of our vendors with such professionalism I'm truly blown away. Helsinki was so accommodating and helpful through it all...and I have a very overbearing family with absurd requests. But they took it all in stride and the result was truly the most magical, beautiful and SUPER FUN night of my life. Not to mention the food was INCREDIBLE. So, in conclusion: HOST YOUR EVENTS AT HELSINKI!!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 7/21/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Stations, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), House Liquor, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Tables, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance

Helsinki Hudson is a beautiful venue that had the industrial look we were in search of. Each space has a cool jazzy vibe and the exposed old brick and beams give it a unique look. But most importantly, I am so grateful to Helsinki Hudson for making our wedding the smoothest, most stress-free day we could have hoped for. Everything was done perfectly and seemed to appear and disappear like magic throughout the night. Although we couldn't afford a planner, Austin took all of our ideas, wishes, and asks and made everything happen seamlessly. He is an absolute machine who knows weddings inside and out and has great recommendations for other vendors in the area. I would've paid $1 million if I knew how amazing Austin and his staff were going to be, but luckily they all come with the place! Austin's staff is professional and kind and also make the evening run incredibly smoothly. I wouldn't have changed a thing about our wedding and it all came together because of Helsinki and the incredible service Austin provides his couples.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 7/15/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just got married at Helsinki Hudson and we have the best time! Austin and all of the staff were so wonderful. Everything was so well organized, planned, and incredible calm. The space was gorgeous. The food blew us away! Austin is a true professional and this venue was so lovely. We would definitely recommend this to any couple that wants to have a beautiful unique wedding.

Profile Picture Olivia, 6/2/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at Helsinki could absolutely not have gone better. The staff are all pros, and everything (from the welcome reception to the ceremony to the cocktail hour to the dinner and dancing) went off without a hitch. The dining room looked beautiful, and all of our guests had a blast. Above all, Austin Sullivan (the on-site event coordinator) is an absolute pro. He was on top of every detail months in advance, and was endlessly patient and responsive. You could not ask for a better point man on your wedding day. The food was mostly superb and the bar service was excellent. All in all, the location is beautiful, the staff is great, and everything ran like clockwork on the big day. We would do our wedding here again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture User7084990, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Thank you so very much to Mark and Austin for everything you did to make our wedding day just perfect!
Austin--I can't even imagine all of the behind the scenes juggling! And always keeping your cool and lookin' cool while doing it!!

We are so very thankful for you both and your staff (bar staff was amazing, attentive, quick and so very helpful--one bar tender, even walked the blocks to our after party, to bring us our after party s'mores favors, that we'd forgotten!!) Signature cocktails were fantastic! Everyone was raving about them!

Food was good and cake was delicious (beautiful, and edible--a very rare combination in the wedding cake industry!!)

Austin is amazing! All of his abilities and talents are priceless! The event space is absolutely gorgeous...but without him, it would be a breath-taking "space"--he made it a beautiful event! :-)

I would recommend this venue to anyone!
Thank you!

Profile Picture Lianna, 5/14/16, 22 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Bartender(s), House Beer, House Wine, Signature Drink, Covered Outdoor, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

We had our Ceremony and Reception at Helsinki Hudson on 10.2.15 and cannot say enough about this venue. My Husband and I live on the West Coast but are from the Hudson Valley & NYC areas. We wanted to find a venue in the Hudson Valley, between our two families. As a fellow wedding professional, I knew of Helsinki Hudson and wanted to check it out. From the first time meeting Austin their event coordinator and touring the venue I knew I had found the place. Exposed brick, great lighting and that cozy intimate feel.
In my experience I knew that I wanted to steer away from large venues and vendors who did not give you the one on one that many couples need. From day one Austin was attentive and always responding to emails/calls and text messages. As someone who lived across the country he was on top of everything! Helping me set up food meetings for my parents...ordering a special pie for my Mother to try ( we had pies as dessert and they were delicious, and guests are still talking about it ) and even boxing up extra food for my Husband and I to have after the reception ended.
Again, as someone in the business I always came at Austin with questions, things I wanted to do or try - knowing that there may be a "no we can't do that" or "sorry" but there never was. Always willing to accommodate and help you have the day you always wanted - what more can you ask for? Thank you Austin and the whole staff !

Profile Picture Emily, 10/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony and rehearsal dinner here in July (using the courtyard, restaurant and upstairs event space). Everything was handled with professionalism and went off without a hitch. I highly recommend Helsinki to anyone looking for a unique wedding space with ceremony dinner and dancing under one roof. I just wish we could do it all over again.

Profile Picture catanna, 7/12/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were looking for a unique wedding spot and found Helsinki Hudson in upstate New York in a small town called Hudson. A real gem of a town undergoing a bit of a renaissance with tons of shops and antique stores. Very unique.

If you are sick of cookie-cutter wedding halls with chandeliers bigger than your car, then the warmth of Helsinki will appeal to you greatly. We were taken back by the woodwork and craftsmanship - exposed wood and iron beams with soft lighting - beautiful setting.

Then came the food - awesome! The chef (Hugh Horner) did an outstanding job putting together a southern style menu (his specialty). Our guests raved about the food all night. The drinks - top shelf and made well :) Our guests were all spending the night in town, so this worked out nicely.

Ricki, our event manager, is professional, attentive, caring, hardworking, understanding, friendly - the list goes on. We really like him. He made sure things flowed seamlessly and made us feel at ease.

Deborah, owner, was fantastic too! She was my go-to during the entire planning process and made sure everything was in order. Always made time for us when we were in town to visit the venue as well. Dale works with Deborah as well, and she is super pleasant.

Can't say enough nice things about our experience with Helsinki. They are professional and take pride in their work. We're lucky to have discovered Hudson in the process and introduce the town to our guests. Many have already booked return weekend trips because they loved the town.

Highly recommend Helsinki for your wedding or any other event!

Profile Picture Christine , 5/19/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding at Helsinki was amazing to say the least. The space is so unique and intimate. I highly reccomend this lovely venue. Austin and his staff are professional and attentive. I thank them for such a great experiance. Our day came together so nicely. The best part is we can go back and enjoy Helsinki time and time again. We would do it again a million times over. Huge shout out to Austin for all of his hard work to bring our vision together!! WE truly appreciate everything : )

Profile Picture Stephanie , 11/10/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Indoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, In-House Bar, Clean Up, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Lighting, Tables
4.7

We decided to have our ceremony and reception at Helsinki Hudson, we wanted a different and unique environment for our day and Helsinki provided it all! The food was excellent, the venue is gorgeous and everyone remarked on the incredible service. Austin was our contact and he was so quick with all his replies to my many emails! Deb the owner was incredibly helpful as well with suggestions regarding our ceremony and where my friends and I could get our hair/makeup done. All in all if you are looking for a different unique place for your day I would highly recommend Helsinki, it was truly a night we will al remember!

Profile Picture Aimee, 5/11/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at the Helsinki Hudson in September 2016 and had an amazing experience. We were looking for a unique indoor venue in the Upstate NY area and the renovated industrial building at the Helsinki was exactly what we were hoping for! In addition, Austin Sullivan ( the event coordinator), worked with us every step of the planning process, accommodated our many requests, provided recommendations and created the wedding of our dreams. Although tastings are not available, all our guests afterwards raved about the food and the desserts. We could not have been happier with the day of coordination - which Austin ran smoothly and without a hitch! Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a venue in the Hudson area!

Profile Picture Kaileen, 9/24/16, 1 Review