Gidi's Gourmet Catering Reviews

11 | Washington, DC

11 Reviews for Gidi's Gourmet Catering

Joanne · Married on 09/17/2015

OMG! This is definitely the BEST caterer to choose! He's not only a very dedicated to his food but the display was AWSOME! He doesn't skimp on anything! He did my daughters wedding Sept. 17, 2015 at the Freight Shed & he had buffet style, with lots of help from his wonderful & pleasant employees also. He takes so much pride into his work. I have no idea where he gets the energy to do function after function. He serves all fresh food & very TASTY! GREAT JOB MR. GIDI! WE ALL LOVE IT!

Sent on 09/19/2015

Carol · Married on 06/27/2015

Gidi's did a fabulous job with my daughter's wedding. The food and presentation were top notch, and the guests are still raving about it. Gideon was helpful with other aspects of planning the wedding too. The price is lower than other caterers without extra fees. I would use him again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/03/2015

Patricia · Married on 08/17/2013

There are several words that come to mind when it comes to describing Mr. Gidi and his catering service. Mr. Gidi was always professional, very personable, and punctual. He was always available to talk with me and answered my questions up until the day before the wedding. The wide variety of tasty foods and desserts that were served were superb. Our guests are still talking about his gorgeous displays and how they were able to go back for seconds as well as thirds; there was more than enough to satisfy us and our wedding guests. I would recommend him and have recommended him to others. Gidi Gourmet and his team made my daughter and son in law's day very special indeed. The quality of service was beyond our wildest dreams!

Sent on 08/23/2013

Michelle · Married on 10/14/2012

Gidi was AMAZING. He made me feel like he had everything under control, and that I didn't need to worry about a thing.. and I didn't! The food was absolutely delicious, his staff were polite and efficient, and there was plenty for seconds, and thirds. I'm still getting compliments on the caterer.

Sent on 10/25/2012

Jessica · Married on 08/18/2012

This is the second catering that Gidi has done for our family. One was a wedding and the other was a family reunion. The quality of food was excellent as was the service and presentation. We did not expect so much. Gidi had eveything under control from the beginning until the end. We did not have to worry about anything. The price was fantastic. We are very pleased and highly recommed this company.

Sent on 11/22/2012

Katie · Married on 06/27/2015

Top notch! We loved having Gidi and especially loved his food! He was very professional and it's obvious that food is his passion. He made it so easy for us to say yes to him. He was quick, knew what we wanted, knew what he needed from us, and so affordable. The food was excellent buffet style and the presentation was lovely. Gidi and his team did a wonderful job.

Sent on 07/12/2016
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 09/24/2011

We just had Gidi Gourmet cater our wedding last night.

The presentation was BEAUTIFUL; his display really filled the room and all of our guests were impressed with the quality of the display. All of our guests also told us how great everything tasted. (From the small amount of food we actually ate at the wedding, we were also very happy!)

He was very willing to accommodate specific items we wanted, and the value for the money was just incredible!

Overall, he was just a dream to work with. We would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone getting married in the Gloucester/Peninsula area!

Sent on 09/25/2011

Ashley · Married on 09/20/2014

3.0

Gidi did an amazing job catering my wedding .The food was amazing not only visually beautiful but it was delicious ! We had a Lot of compliments as well from the guests on the taste of the food.

Sent on 10/15/2014
  • Natalya

Natalya · Married on 05/20/2012

3.5

Gidi definitely has a passion for food, the quality was excellent. His presentation was average. His staff was pretty grumpy the day of my Wedding, probably because of the rain and wind, but I wasn't letting that stop me from having a good time.
    Overall probably the best deal for the price.

Sent on 06/15/2012

Lauren · Married on 08/02/2009

3.0

Food = Fantastic, Choices = Amazing, Price= Outstanding

cons: had to pay for extra hours when the agreed upon time was an hour set/up and so he got 4 hours of set-up time and then started to break food down an entire hour early when he was supposed to stay up until 10pm.

Sent on 06/08/2010

gideon · Married on 05/20/2012

0.0

In response to the catering for May 20,2012, I am very surprised about the negative comments that were made.During the catering I and my employees received positive comments about the entire catering from the family that had hired us and also from the guest. My employees have worked for me for many years and we have never received a complaint about them. The bar tender received tips,I am assuming for a job well done. Anytime that there is an outdoor event,we advise our clients to be prepared for any type of weather. Gidi Gourmet did not provide the tents,and we requested space to place the beverage station into the tents which was not provided. Gidi gourmet has hundreds of thank you letters and cards from the past 27 years.We do take negative comments seriously if they occur and expect to be made aware of any problems immediately. Please feel free to view our pictures at Google and Yahoo.

Gideon Hirtenstein