Exceptional Events Reviews

61 Reviews for Exceptional Events

61 Exceptional Events Reviews

Mackenzie · Married on 11/03/2018

Beyond perfect!

Melanie went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was perfect and exactly the way I envisioned and better! She was so helpful in helping make both me and my moms visions come true. She gave us the best recommendations for vendors and came with us to meetings to make sure all the right questions were asked and everything was on budget and really met what our expectations were. She is very organized and stays on top of deadlines and payments. It really made this planning process painless. She was incredible in coordinating all of our vendors for the day of and made sure their was timelines tailored specifically to the wedding party and each vendor. She is always willing to make time to meet or talk with you and is very responsive. I would highly recommend Melanie to plan any special event!!

Sharon · Married on 05/18/2018

After a frantic call from our daughter stating, “I’m getting married in 6 months and I’ve got nothing planned!”, we called Exceptional Events and talked to Melanie. In just a few meetings, we had a venue, cake, DJ, caterer, bartenders, and everything needed for a great event. That wedding day became a great day with no worries. We went from a frantic phone call to a very relaxed daughter stating, “everything was perfect.” Melanie was the best, and we would recommend her a thousand times over. Great Job!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thanks very much for your thoughtful and kind words! We are thrilled we were able to jump in and make the planning process and wedding day perfect and relaxing for you all. You have an amazing family! Melanie
  • Lacey

Lacey · Married on 04/28/2018

Melanie was amazing! She was so helpful through the entire wedding planning process. It was such a relief to have her by our side on wedding day. Would highly recommend Melanie with Exceptional Events.

Sent on 05/12/2018

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thanks so much Lacey! We wish you & Billy beyond a lifetime of happy memories and more love than you can imagine!!!

Billy · Married on 04/28/2018

Melanie was instrumental in helping us plan and coordinate our wedding! She ensured that our vision was brought to fruition on wedding day. She was extremely helpful with coordinating all the details, working with vendors, and maintaining clear communication throughout the entire process. I would highly recommend Exceptional Events to those looking for planning or coordinating services.

Sent on 05/12/2018

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thank you Billy! We so enjoyed working with you all. Cheers to a lifetime of love and happiness!

Ginny · Married on 04/12/2018

Preparing for a wedding is more than one realizes. We originally did not think we needed a planner - it was a medium sized guest list and we had an idea on most of the vendors we wanted. Let me save you the time and tell you that Melanie Hill is an absolutely critical piece of the plan. She is truly one of a kind, and is the ultimate professional. She helped plug in holes for vendors we needed (and who knows better than a professional on who does good work). What is great is Melanie offers a variety of packages that fit your needs. She spends quality meeting time with the bride and groom and makes sure every detail is covered. She handles every vendor detail, ensuring the delivery, setup and space is perfectly timed. I was thoroughly impressed with how she conducted the rehearsal before the wedding. She made sure everyone knew their part, and it made all the difference in the world the day of the event. It is what makes a flawless execution versus one that has awkward or choppy moments. We are forever grateful to Melanie Hill for a superb job!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thanks so much Ginny! It was our pleasure working with you all and we are delighted you enjoyed this very special day so much.

Desiree · Married on 04/06/2018

Natasha was instrumental in allowing us to enjoy our special day. Because of her services, we could truly be in the moment knowing that all of the details were under control.
    We also really appreciated her opinions and advice when planning our day- from vendor recommendations to options on seating charts- her expertise was invaluable.

Sent on 05/28/2018

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thank you Desiree for your kind words! We are delighted Natasha was able to make your wedding day so exceptional. We wish you both a lifetime of happy memories together!

Annette · Married on 03/11/2018

I didn’t know we needed a Wedding Planner. I thought my Husband and I could do it on our own. Natasha was incredible to work with. Things I would have missed she was on. She also recommended amazing vendors that were within our budget. She did it all and it was affordable. She made sure everything was perfect on our wedding day and we can’t thank her enough. :)

Sent on 03/28/2018

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We were honored to help make your wedding exceptional. We wish you both a long and happy life together filled with amazing memories. Natasha and The Exceptional Events team!

Elizabeth · Married on 01/20/2018

As mother of the very happy bride, I am very thankful to have hired Melanie Hill as our Wedding Coordinator. She was everything we needed and more for our wedding in Dallas. She was easily accessible, very organized, easy to communicate with, pleasant, and reasonably priced. The rehearsal, wedding ceremony, and reception went completely smooth under her direction. After I gave Melanie and her organized assistant items to set up at the venue, I was free to thoroughly enjoy our wedding weekend. Her follow up with a few after wedding details was very helpful, too. I definitely recommend Melanie.

Sent on 01/27/2018

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thanks so much Elizabeth! We had a great time working with you all and are delighted you were able to truly relax and enjoy this special day with your daughter!

Kathy · Married on 01/20/2018

Melanie was the Wedding Planner for my son's wedding in Dallas on January 20, 2018. The entire wedding weekend flowed smoothly. Her vendors were great and her staff was wonderful.

Sent on 01/28/2018

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thanks so much for your very kind words Kathy! We really enjoyed working with all of you.

JOHN · Married on 12/03/2017

Natasha Hume and the team from Exceptional Events Dallas were beyond amazing. They were very detailed oriented and made our special day streamless and perfect.

Sent on 12/04/2017

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thanks very much John! We are so happy for you both and delighted we were able to help make your wedding day exceptional! We wish you a lifetime of fun memories and much love.

Jon · Married on 11/11/2017

Melanie was an absolute joy to work with throughout the entire planning process, constantly going above and beyond to ensure that our day was perfect from start to finish. I'd highly recommend her services to anyone looking to host an event - be it a wedding or anything else.

Sent on 12/14/2017

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thanks very much Jon! You and Alyson certainly made it very easy. We absolutely loved helping plan your amazing wedding and being able to share in your special day!

Kathy · Married on 11/04/2017

Melanie Hill and her staff at Exceptional Events were such a blessing to myself as the mother of the bride, and to my daughter. Melanie was easy to work with, quick to respond to questions we had, and was very thorough and professional. She made excellent vendor recommendations and she went above and beyond in making sure all the details fit together into a smoothly flowing, beautiful stress free ceremony and reception from setup to cleanup. And not only that, but she found several ways to reduce some of the expenses. Many thanks to you, Melanie!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thanks very much Kathy! I loved working with you all and I'm so happy we were able to make their day so special and stress free!

Debra · Married on 10/14/2017

I cannot praise Melanie enough. She is superbly organized, thoroughly reliable, and willing to help in any way to make the event successful. She went way beyond expectations to help us do things we were unable to do because of time and geographic constraints. Although always ready to offer guidance, she is respectful of everyone's opinion. Melanie was cheerful and upbeat on every occasion. She was available whenever we needed her, essential with vendor negotiations. Her boundless experience anticipated potential problems and kept every detail on track during the wedding day. She has good taste in dealing with people and handling situations. I truly cannot think of any shortcoming. She was responsible for my daughter's lovely wedding day.

Sent on 10/26/2017

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your very kind words! We absolutely enjoyed working with you all and are so happy to hear you enjoyed your daughter's wedding and that they enjoyed everything too. What an incredibly fun and beautiful wedding!!!

Amy · Married on 10/14/2017

Melanie was an absolute asset. She made the wedding easy and fun. No detail was too big or too small. She turned our dream into reality.

Sent on 10/29/2017

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thank you so much Amy! What an amazingly beautiful and super fun wedding! We are honored to be part of your wedding memories. Cheers to your future together!

Stephen · Married on 10/14/2017

Melanie did such a good job of making us both feel like we were the only wedding she was planning the entire time we worked with her. From the early planning stages to the week-before-wedding sprint to wedding day catastrophe-preventing, Melanie was always organized, professional, and a pleasure to work with. I have no doubt that our wedding would not have gone off nearly so well without her help, and would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thanks so much Stephen! I so enjoyed working with you and Amy and I'm beyond delighted that your wedding day was everything you both imagined. We wish you both many years of love and happiness!!!

Carol · Married on 09/16/2017

Natasha and Melanie were absolutely incredible! We would not have had such a great wedding without them. They are incredible detailed and sat with us for hours while we nailed down every detail to the minute. At the wedding, they took everything off our plate so we could enjoy the big day. Having them manage communication with our vendors was very valuable. They made sure every dollar we were charged was correct - they even saved us $400 with one of our vendors. I work in events so was hesitant to hire a planner but it was by far the best investment of our wedding!

Sent on 10/14/2017

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thanks very much Carol! We had so much fun working with you all and your wedding was absolutely amazing!!!! It's very clear you two are so in love. We wish you both a long and happy life together, making new memories each day.

Nicolle · Married on 09/03/2017

Melanie at Exceptional Events was such an amazing planner to work with. She and her staff, Lynelle and Maddy, were very professional and personable and made the entire process so easy. I contacted Melanie about 6 months before our wedding and decided on the month-of planning and coordination silver package. We had already booked certain vendors, but after our general consulting meeting with Melanie, we got recommendations for the ones we were missing and they were perfect. She helped organize my crazy ramblings and half-baked thoughts and had a huge hand in shaping our ideal wedding. She definitely has a knack for turning poorly-described wishes into an amazing reality; our wedding was exactly what we hoped it would be.

During our comprehensive timeline planning meeting, Melanie went through the day, minute by minute, and made sure we didn’t leave out anything. She sent the timeline to all of our vendors and was the point person the day-of so my family and friends could all enjoy and relax. The rehearsal the day before went smoothly, and she and her staff made the wedding day run so flawlessly, I didn’t have to worry about a single thing. Melanie and her team kept us on schedule but were flexible when things came up on the fly.

Working with Melanie was such a blast. She really cares about her clients and made our one we’ll never forget. She made everything so easy and I couldn’t imagine planning our wedding without her!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thanks so very much Nicolle!!!! We're thrilled your wedding was unforgettable and so happy we played a small part in making it exceptional for you all. We wish you both so much happiness!!!

marcia · Married on 07/22/2017

I can't say thank you enough to Melanie and her team. From the very first time I spoke with Melanie I felt at ease and confident she would do a great job. She worked with me to make sure she accomplished my vision for the wedding day. She was a valuable asset by not only doing all of the decor set up on the day of but also providing me with suggestions and idea that I would have never thought of on my own. Thank you, thank you for making my day perfect! I highly recommend Exceptional Events!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thanks so much Marcia! You made things so easy by being super organized and having great attention to detail. We're thrilled we were able to make your day exceptional! Best wishes for many years of happy memories together!

D · Married on 05/27/2017

Very helpful and took care of all the details

Sent on 06/20/2017

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thanks very much! We really enjoyed working with you all!

Cathey · Married on 04/22/2017

When we met with Melanie we knew she had the right chemistry with the Bride to make the decision easy. The flexibility in her packages gave me comfort that we'd have the right level of assistance. I feel every dollar was well spent and if I was doing it again I'd let her do the total thing. She was such a great knowledge resource that I'm sure she saved us money. As always happens the unexpected happened at the wedding, but the bride never knew because Melanie and her assistant were resourceful and calm under pressure. We are very grateful to Exceptional Events and would recommend highly.

Sent on 06/09/2017

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thank you so much! We had such fun working with you all are are delighted we were able to make the wedding so enjoyable for you all. Working with people like you all certainly makes our jobs easier.

Tamara · Married on 04/01/2017

Review: Exceptional Events

Melanie from Exceptional Events recently coordinated our daughter's wedding. She met with us approximately three months in advance for several hours. She helped us create a timeline that included all the special moments we wanted, using her experience to guide us in making choices appropriate for our venue and offering a variety of suggestions for those elements of the ceremony the bride and groom were undecided about. No detail was too small... we came away completely satisfied that the wedding day would come together and be the dream-come-true/best day ever the bride and groom hoped for. As the mother, I felt a tremendous load of stress fall away. Once we got within a month of the wedding, Melanie contacted each vendor and provided them with their timelines and followed up with them, so that my daughter and I could enjoy the showers, brunches, and the bachelorette trip. When we got to the week of the wedding and the weather forecasts predicted thunderstorms for our outdoor ceremony, Melanie worked with the venue to re-address "Plan B" and make sure we were covered just in case (I'm happy to report the rains held off until after midnight!) But what a relief it was to know that months of planning would not be ruined, that Melanie, her assistant, and the venue would take on the last-minute changes had it been necessary. When the day arrived and I needed to be in the bridal suite with my daughter getting ready, I was relieved to have Melanie on hand to meet and direct the vendors upon their arrival. And of course no matter how much planning goes into an event, situations arise that throw the timeline off schedule or threaten to derail some of the special moments... here is where the professional, experienced wedding coordinator truly earns her part of the wedding budget! She redirects and improvises to make all those special moments happen. According to my daughter, "It was perfect!" Thanks, Melanie.

Sent on 04/26/2017

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thank you Tamara! It was truly an honor working with you all. And I'm so happy we were able to make the day "perfect" for Caitlin and relaxing for you. This is why I love what I do!

Angie · Married on 11/05/2016

Exceptional Events did an amazing job helping us with our wedding! We would not have been able to pull it off without their help. I highly recommend Exceptional Events for your event planning. They were extremely professional, helpful, and there for us whenever we needed them!

Sent on 02/03/2017

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thank you for the very kind words Angie! We loved working with you all and hope married life is going great.

Blake · Married on 10/15/2016

Melanie is the best of the best in wedding planning. I call her the beez beez, the cats pajamas. I personal love this woman. She took over every time my wife and mother in law called/had questions. Best of all they didn't fight through out this process. Melanie saved my wedding and helped make it the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thanks Blake! I am so honored you trusted me with helping your fiance, now wife, plan your beautiful and very fun wedding. I had a great time working with you all and wish you both many years of love, fun and happiness together.

Heather · Married on 10/15/2016

Melanie and her team are top notch! They are down to earth, friendly, and genuinely care about your wedding, big or small. I would use them again for any event!

Sent on 04/02/2017

Exceptional Events's reply:

Thanks Heather! We had so much fun working with you on your very cool wedding. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your special day.