Emily Dawn Artistry Reviews

82 | Studio City, CA

82 Reviews for Emily Dawn Artistry

Randi · Married on 11/17/2012

Emily was amazing! She made me look like a bride version of myself without going over the top! I was really hesitant to get too 'made up', and she really took that into consideration. She spent a lot of time with me during our trial run making sure I was comfortable. Emily was professional, sweet, and incredibly organized! I highly recommend her and her team!

Sent on 11/30/2012

Laura · Married on 11/10/2012

Emily and her team were amazing! They came in and turned my prep room into a salon and had me and my bridesmaids whipped into shape in a flash! They were fun and professional at the same time. I was a bit nervous about the wedding, but Emily helped keep me calm and has become one of my favorite people. She colored my hair prior to the wedding and I've never been happier with the color. My hair and makeup were beautiful for the wedding and she made me feel like a princess. I am forever grateful. I highly recommend Emily and her team! Great job, guys!

Sent on 11/18/2012

Annie · Married on 11/03/2012

Loved working with Emily. She did a great job and has a great personality. Would work with her again.

Sent on 02/07/2013

Christine · Married on 09/01/2012

All of my vendors were hand picked with exception of the caterer... Emily and her team were awesome!! I would recommend all of them.... Made our wedding what it was.... Beautiful!

Sent on 10/07/2012

Kristina · Married on 08/25/2012

Emily did hair and make up for my best friend's wedding and did such an amazing job I had to get her for mine! I cannot say enough great things about her. She is so talented and professional and so much fun to be around! She came to my apartment for the hair and makeup trial, which was super convenient, and put me at ease right away. Once she worked her magic I knew I was making the right choice by hiring her for my big day. Her whole team was great and all my bridemaids were so happy with how their hair and makeup turned out. And we all know how hard it is to please 7 ladies! :) I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants to look their best on their wedding, or any other occassion!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Shaena · Married on 07/23/2012

Emily did my hair and make up for my wedding and it was AMAZING! When working out my budget I thought hair and make up was a good place to cut costs but I'm so glad I didn't, it was the best moeny I spent for the entire wedding! Emily did such a great job, all of my pictures came out amazing. I couldn't be happier with the service I got : )

Sent on 01/02/2013

Laura · Married on 07/21/2012

I contacted Emily over a year before my wedding after seeing her beautiful work on Style Me Pretty. I was incredibly selective with vendors throughout my wedding planning process. I had plenty of time to plan (16 months), so I would settle for nothing but the best. I booked Emily immediately after my first trial. I could tell from the start that not only is Emily incredibly talented, professional, reasonably priced and responsive- but she is an absolute joy to be around! After my trial I referred Emily to my friend whose wedding I was in & was getting married before me. Emily & her team did the hair & makeup for the entire bridal party. I was so impressed by how they were able to transform my friend's apartment into a professional salon- beautifying everyone who sat in the chair. Emily handled everything (her setup is impressive!)! I also hired Emily to do my hair & makeup for my bridal shower. Working with Emily is addictive!
    By the time my wedding arrived I was completely confident in Emily's skills. I could relax on the morning of my wedding knowing that Emily had everything under control. Not only did she master my look- but her team arrived early, we were on schedule (or early) the entire day- and my entire bridal party looked phenomenal. I cannot say enough good things about Emily and I have already referred her to more of my friends. She is simply the best!

Sent on 07/24/2012

Jacquelyn · Married on 07/21/2012

As Mother of the Bride, I cannot say enough about how wonderful it was to have Emily & her team do hair & makeup for my daughter's wedding! Both my daughter & I have very high standards. Emily not only exceeded our expectations, but she went above & beyond to help make it a perfect wedding day!

At our pre wedding trial, Emily made sure she knew our "comfort level" for hair & makeup, had great ideas of her own, & ended up knowing exactly what we both wanted for the "day of!" No worries or concerns ever!

She anticipated our every need... from bringing portable fans to our hot Pasadena venue, doing quick touch ups between photo shoots, & final hair, makeup, & veil arrangement before walking down the isle. She even did touch ups before formal photos, as well as a quick & lovely hairdo change before the bride entered the reception!

Emily is fun, talented, punctual, & professional... just a delight to be around! She succeeded in keeping us calm - and beautiful - throughout that very important day! Her whole team also did a flawless job with the entire female wedding party!

I feel very happy & grateful that Emily & her team did our wedding hair & makeup, and I cannot recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 09/07/2012

Lindsey · Married on 07/13/2012

I feel so blessed to have had Emily there for my big day. Living in New York and getting married in California was not an easy planning task. Finding vendors from so far away was a little tricky but with all her amazing photos and recommendations there was no question that I wanted her and her team for the big day.
    She made sure I was comfortble the entire time and worked closely with me prior to make sure I got exactly the look I wanted. On the day of the wedding I have never felt more beautiful, the pictures were incredible and she made sure evey detail was covered for me.
    She is one of sweetest, talented, detail oriented and enjoyable people I have ever met. If you are considering who to turn to for the most special day of your life you do not need to search any further.

Sent on 07/27/2012

Astineh · Married on 06/02/2012

Emily did an amzing job dying my hair and I am NOT AN EASY person to please when it comes to anything realted to hair let alone hair dye/cut and syle. All i said was natural highlights and a rich color under the layers and she knew exactly what I was talking about. I was nervous because it was only a few days before my wedding, but she did real professional quality work. The best part was she came to my apartment, which I loved because I am always short for time for things like this. Very convenient. For wedding, she also did a nice job with my hair and ready to improvise as we moved forward to create a nice look. Definitely will use her again!

Sent on 06/19/2012

Jennie · Married on 03/04/2012

Emily was absolutely AMAZING!!! She turned me into a princess and I loved her down to earth and humble personality. She is beyond talented!!!

Sent on 03/07/2012

Nicole · Married on 10/22/2011

Emily is amazing! She and her staff provided hair and make up services for my wedding in Palm Springs at Korakia. From start to finish Emily was a complete professional: she executed my trial from several images I sent to her and I was very happy with her recreation. Her products were top quality and the value is truly unbeatable.

But most importantly, I looked and felt like the most beautiful and glowing bride on my special day. Emily took my vision and used her talent to bring out the most amazing version of me. And that's what we all want, right? To still like look ourselves, but the most stunning version.

Also, I had a last minute change of mind about my hair, and Emily handled it so smoothly. We talked about the new style, she completely understood what I wanted and pulled it off better than I could imagine right on the spot.

She and her staff handled my 8 bridesmaids and mom with professionalism and care. We are a diverse bunch, different skin tones and hair textures, and all the ladies looked truly breathtaking.

I highly recommend Emily for your special day, you will be so grateful for her talent, personality, professionalism, ability to improvise, and overall awesomeness!

Sent on 11/15/2011

Ashley · Married on 09/18/2011

Emily is amazing! I flew her out to Hawaii for her services in my wedding. I trust only her with my hair and makeup! She made me look and feel so beautiful on my special day! She made my shorter haircut look amazing with loose curls and braids down the sides and my makeup looked flawless! My lips popped!! I recommend her to everyone for any special events and for everyday-up-keep! She is the best!

Sent on 09/28/2011

Josephine · Married on 09/17/2011

Emily was AWESOME! I couldn't be happier with all the services she provided me. She listened to all of my concerns and made sure I was completely satisfied with everything. She was extremely flexible and super sweet. I got soooo many compliments on my makeup that night and it lasted the entire night. I highly recommend Emily!

Sent on 09/21/2011

Danielle · Married on 08/13/2011

I cant say enough positive things about Emily. I had the pleasure of using her for my wedding. And I am so glad that I did!! Not only did she get me the clip in extensions of my dreams but she also dyed them to match my hair perfectly. I had a trial run with her months before my wedding which was great to put me at ease and pick the perfect look. I loved her so much I am using her as my permanent hair stylist.

Emily also had a great crew with her on the wedding day. All my bridesmaids looked amazing and they all felt so beautiful. She was so flexible when a few of my bridesmaids last minute decided to get their hair and makeup done. I cant say how much that put me at ease on the day. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day thanks to her :)

Sent on 10/09/2011

Lisa · Married on 08/09/2011

Emily listened closely to exactly how I wanted to look on my wedding day and produced a mirror image of a picture that I provided her. She is very talented and is a warm person. She made my big day fun and relaxing. I would highly recommend Emily.

Sent on 01/29/2012

Erin · Married on 07/31/2011

Emily is absolutely amazingly talented. She made me feel so beatiful on my special day. She is very sweet and professional! She will make sure you are completely satisified. I will definitely recommend her to everyone I know!

Sent on 10/09/2011

Anne · Married on 06/26/2011

I could not have been more lucky to find Emily Dawn Artistry! I had several trials with other vendors before I found Emily and her team and not only did she blow the competition out of the water for both hair and make-up, she was priced significantly better! I wanted to provide both hair and make-up for all my bridesmaids as a gift and Emily's packages are reasonable and cater to anything you might fancy. Her professionalism and attention to detail was impeccable and my entire party looked gorgeous, I too have never looked as pretty as I did on my wedding day and I attribute that to Emily!

Sent on 07/28/2011

Christina · Married on 06/10/2011

Emily Dawn is so talented at making people beautiful. My wedding day wouldn't have been the same without her there to do my hair and makeup. She is so professional and her assistants were so nice and helpful. She also did my hair and makeup for our engagement photos and my bridal shower. Emily Dawn is a pleasure to be around and I wouldn't trust anyone else to make me beautiful for special events and occasions. Our wedding pictures came out perfect and I know that I have Emily to thank for my perfect hair and makeup.

Sent on 09/08/2011

Brooke · Married on 01/16/2009

As a wedding coordinator, Emily Dawn and her team are my top choice for wedding hair and make-up. Because I had worked with Emily Dawn at several of my previous clients' weddings, it was easy for me to choose a hair and make-up team for my big day. Emily is one of the most professional, reliable and talented wedding vendors out there. Period.

When my wedding day came, Emily and her team absolutely knocked it out of the park. Three months later, my bridal party is still talking about how much they loved their hair and make-up at my wedding. They've even said they felt prettier on my wedding day than their own! :) If you're looking for a hair and make-up artist for your wedding day, DO NOT look any further. You will be absolutely thrilled with Emily!

Sent on 02/10/2011

Emily Dawn Artistry was absolutely AMAZING. Emily and an assistant (Ashley) did hair and makeup for me (the bride), my mom, and my bridal party. Everyone looked absolutely incredible, and everyone told me that they had great experiences and loved the way they looked. Emily and Ashley were also super flexible and accommodating. Emily came to my house for the hair and makeup trial, and spent a lot of time working with me. She also put up with me repeatedly changing my mind about what hairstyle I wanted. In addition, she squeezed in services for additional girls on the day of the ceremony...they had not planned to get professional hair and makeup done, but wanted it after seeing how great everyone looked.

One notable thing is that Emily was able to do hair and makeup for a very diverse group...white, black, and girls with all different kinds of hair.

I am so grateful that I chose Emily Dawn!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Laura · Married on 05/26/2013

Everyone looked amazing. Emily's team was professional and did a great job. I will only hire her for future events.

Sent on 05/29/2013

Amanda · Married on 06/09/2012

Emily was absolutely fantastic!!! She fortunately had a cancellation at the last minute and was able to fit me in for a trial. Her bubbly and easy-going personality immediately put me at ease, and she was professional and confident in executing the style I was looking for. On my wedding day, she showed up early and with a huge smile on her face. She gave me a wedding hairstyle that was even better than I had imagined! I got so many compliments and truly felt like a princess. Emily did hair for a couple of my bridesmaids as well, and they all raved about how talented she was and how much they loved the hairstyles she created for them. I would recommend Emily again in a heartbeat!!!

Sent on 06/16/2012

Emily and her team are absolutely amazing! Emily was very accommodating throughout the whole process and re-did the day of hair and make-up schedule multiple times to accommodate everyones requests. The day of she made sure to keep everyone on schedule while also making sure everyone's hair and make-up looked amazing! From blow-out, to updos, to braids - everyone's hair looked great. For me, she did an amazing amazing job which included adding extension to my already thick hair. My hair and makeup looked absolutely amazing and stayed perfect throughout the night. Emily is incredibly talented and I would recommend her services.

Sent on 06/06/2013

Linda · Married on 03/17/2012

Prior to my wedding, I had only ever had my makeup done professionally once before. My mom and sister had never had theirs done before. I was a little worried about looking overly "done" but Emily was fabulous. She was relaxed and friendly throughout and responded positively to my requests, including some last minute email freakouts I had! Many guests commented on how beautiful my makeup was and how lovely my hair looked. And my mom and sister looked great too. I felt I looked better than I ever had before.....and my husband said I looked beautiful. I would definitely recommend Emily, even to someone who is totally new to professional makeup.

Sent on 04/09/2012