Desserts By Rita Reviews

Desserts By Rita 6
Desserts By Rita 7
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 07/18/2019

We were so thrilled with the wedding cake and groom's cake that we got from Desserts by Rita. The wedding cake was exactly what we wanted....it looked amazing and tasted even better! And the groom's cake turned out better then I could have imagined! We will definitely be using them for cakes/desserts in the future!

Sent on 07/27/2011
  • Tracy

Tracy · Married on 06/22/2019

Delicious!

Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful - and delicious! I don't even like cake that much but I loved my wedding cake. We got a lot of great feedback on how good the cake was - definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Desserts By Rita's reply:

Wonderful, thank you so much !! Best wishes to you both for a long and happy life together !! Most people who have not had our cakes will say the same thing it just takes one bite !!
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Austin · Married on 06/15/2019

Exceptional

Rita was great to work with and I am still getting calls about her wonderful tasting cake!! She took everything that I told her and created a cake that was more than what I could’ve ever asked for at a exceptional price. I really loved the cake and can’t wait to get my professional photos back to showcase the way she faded in and out the different shades of pink in my cake just as I asked.

Sent on 06/20/2019
    Desserts By Rita 8

Desserts By Rita's reply:

Thank you so much, we wish you both a very happy life !!
    We work so hard and appreciate you taking the time to give us a review.
  • FutureMrsAJ

ash · Married on 06/15/2019

The 🱯 most 🱯 delicious wedding cake ive ever had

we had a beach wedding and we were very traditional in what we wanted when it came to our wedding cake. so, we had spotted an almond cake that she had made for a show that was neutral ivory, whites and browns with seashells. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! but the best part was the taste!! I CANNOT say enough about the cake. It was moist, and spongy, the buttercream icing was perfect ( which is hard for me to find because I hate super sweet icing) it was perfect!! i wish her shop was closer to us so we could order all of our celebratory cakes from her!!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Lauren · Married on 06/01/2019

Simply Amazing

Rita was absolutely amazing in helping me select my cake design. The guests loved the flavor as well! Highly recommend.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Desserts By Rita's reply:

Thank you so much, have a wonderful life !! You had a perfect day for your wedding day . Keep us in mind for any future special days you may have. It truely was a pleasure working with you !!
  • Chris

Chris Wilkens · Married on 12/29/2018

Beautiful delicious cake! Try the strawberry!

Our cake was beautiful and tasted amazing! Especially the strawberry layer! The cake tasting session and sit-down we had during planning was very helpful for us. The staff were so helpful in assisting us with designing the cake when all we came in knowing was how many guests were coming and that we loved their Strawberry cake. We had a 3-tier cake with two raspberry devil's food & almond layers and of course did we mention the strawberry?! The buttercream frosting was delicious too! Thank you to everyone at Desserts by Rita's who gave us the perfect cake!!

Sent on 01/17/2019
    Desserts By Rita 9
    Desserts By Rita 10

Elizabeth · Married on 10/20/2018

Best Cake Ever!!!

We had a massive size cake with no leftovers. We have to hide the top layer from the father of the bride as he loved the cake!! The guests raved about the almond flavored cake!!! It was truly awesome. We'll have to make a trip to go buy a cake for the father.

Sent on 10/25/2018
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 09/22/2018

The most delicious cake ever!

Desserts by Rita created the most stunning wedding cake for our wedding. Their family run business delivers the best personal service and In a very unusual circumstance, this cake traveled 3.5 hours to arrive at my venue. It was transported in 3 separate pieces and assembled the day of my wedding. I have to give a shout out to her daughter for delivering the perfect slice of heaven for our wedding. This cake tasted amazing, looked amazing and I'm so happy we went with Rita. We personally met Rita and she was so sweet, she made us several cupcakes at the tasting and I craved those cupcakes all summer long. The cupcakes were the example of our wedding cake, we got strawberry cake with butter cream icing and vanilla with butter cream icing. They were so ridiculously delicious I couldn't stop thinking about them! When people asked me if I was getting excited for my upcoming wedding, I told them I'm so excited for my wedding cake!! Desserts by Rita makes really tasty, beautifully decorated cakes and i highly recommend them if they are available near you!

Sent on 10/25/2018
    Desserts By Rita 11
    Desserts By Rita 12
    Desserts By Rita 13

Shelley · Married on 08/25/2018

If you are looking for the best tasting cakes and cupcakes, look no further. Desserts by Rita's can't be beat! Thank you for your wonderful service!!

Sent on 08/28/2018
  • Candis

Candis · Married on 06/16/2018

Desserts by Rita provided the most amazing cake for our wedding. So amazing in fact that my husband and i didn't get to taste one of the layers because our guest gobbled it up! We would recommend Desserts by Rita to anyone who asks and hope to get another cake from them very soon!

Sent on 06/20/2018

alison · Married on 05/05/2018

We had a beautiful wedding cake! Everyone complimented how delicious it was - it was the best. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Samantha · Married on 04/27/2018

Literally the best cake that my husband and I have ever had!! Our cake was 1,000% what we asked for and oh so delicious! There are many flavors of cake to choose from, and you can have a different flavor for each layer! When we’re in the Havre de Grace or OC areas, we make it a point to stop for a slice (or several :))! Our cake was very affordable as well. I ABSOLUTELY highly recommend!!

Sent on 05/05/2018
    Desserts By Rita 14

Gabriella · Married on 04/22/2018

Desserts by Rita not only created the cake of our literal (literary) dreams, but it tasted absolutely incredible. Everything from the cake tasting (delicious!) to the delivery was completely flawless.

Sent on 03/26/2018
    Desserts By Rita 15

Melissa · Married on 04/14/2018

Beautiful cake that tasted delicious too! Plus they have many flavors to choose from and will design almost anything you want!

Sent on 05/04/2018

Katie · Married on 04/07/2018

Desserts by Rita made the cake for my April 2018 wedding, and it was simply the most incredible cake I have ever seen and tasted. My husband and I settled on strawberry and devil's food cake with strawberry buttercream for the top and bottom layers, and yellow and devil's food with chocolate buttercream for the middle layer. The entire cake was covered with vanilla buttercream. The top and bottom layer featured an intricate paisley design, and our first name initials were displayed on the middle layer.

The cake was so beautiful, I didn't even want to touch it -- I just wanted to stare at it. :) Of course, we cut the cake, and our guests kept telling us all night that it was the best wedding cake they had ever had. Even weeks later, my grandma is saying that she wishes she had been sent home from our wedding with an extra piece of cake.

We saved the top layer and look forward to enjoying it throughout the coming months. Cindy was great to work with, and she gave us exactly what we had asked for and envisioned. I don't live in Maryland anymore, but I look forward to having more goodies from Desserts by Rita when I am back in the state visiting family. Look no farther than Desserts by Rita if you're in the market for an event cake!

Sent on 04/23/2018
    Desserts By Rita 16

Heather · Married on 03/31/2018

The cake looked and tasted amazing! We had a 3 tier cake with 2 layers containing strawberry + raspberry chocolate cake with raspberry buttercream filling/frosting. The other layer was almond + chocolate devils food cake with almond buttercream filling/frosting. Highly recommend Desserts by Rita! We'll definitely be ordering mini versions of our wedding cake for future anniversaries!

Sent on 05/07/2018
    Desserts By Rita 17
    Desserts By Rita 18

Jennifer · Married on 01/13/2018

Awesome wedding cake. We had the carrot cake for our winter wedding cake and it was SOO GOOD. We got many compliments. Desserts By Rita was easy to work with and very responsive. Our wedding cake was beautiful and tasted great.

Sent on 02/17/2018

Jamie · Married on 10/08/2017

Cake was beautiful & tasted so yummy!!!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Jessica · Married on 10/07/2017

We loved our wedding cake! It tasted as good as it looked, and a lot of our guests said it was delicious. And it was just plain vanilla with buttercream! Almond was actually my favorite flavor at the tasting, but my father in law is allergic :(

We weren't sure what kind of design we wanted, aside from 3 layers, round and classic looking. I saw a display cake that I loved, and even after flipping through the binder of designs, my mind kept going back to the display. We started to sketch out some alterations to the display cake, but then decided to not make any changes. I don't really like surprises, and this way I knew exactly what to expect. The cake turned out exactly like the display, and now we have some beautiful photos to treasure.

Sent on 11/20/2017
    Desserts By Rita 19

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2017

Two words.... ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. We chose to work with Desserts by Rita based on the company's location and relationship with our wedding venue. Cindy is great to work with and very responsive with emails/questions.

We were very impressed after our cake tasting - there were so many good options to choose from we went with a variety for our cake! One layer of lemon/orange with vanilla buttercream, another layer of vanilla/almond also with vanilla buttercream, and one layer for us to keep until our anniversary next year. We'll be lucky if it doesn't get eaten before then!!

Our guests loved the cake (the look and taste!) and we strongly recommend the bakery to anyone in the Baltimore/Harford County area, or on the Eastern Shore (they have two locations). I will definitely go back to Desserts by Rita for future events when we need a special cake!

Sent on 09/14/2017
  • Tammy S.

Tammy · Married on 08/11/2017

Our wedding cake was a 4 tier cake from Desserts by Rita. It was exactly what we ordered and so delicious! We had a lot of guests say it was the best cake they ever had! They were easy to work with and were responsive to all emails. I would highly recommend them for your wedding cake or other occasions. We will definitely be going back!

Sent on 08/26/2017

Jodie · Married on 07/15/2017

Desserts by Rita is the way to go! We met with them months before the wedding to taste test ( the best part ever) and come up with a design that would be unique and elegant. The day of I was so blown away by the creation they put together for our big day. They were great to communicate back and forth with too. I can not wait for our year anniversary so we can eat it again!!

Sent on 11/07/2017

I got married in June 2017, and the cake was exactly what we wanted. The design was exactly what I asked for, and the taste is incredible. They only do buttercream frosting and we were so happy about that. Desserts by Rita seems to put taste before any other consideration, and we are so grateful for that. Awesome work, and delicious treat!

Sent on 10/16/2017
    Desserts By Rita 20
    Desserts By Rita 21
  • MrsSki

Emily · Married on 04/08/2017

We found Desserts by Rita through our reception venue, and I am so, so glad we did. Our cake was the most delicious cake I have ever had, wedding or otherwise! We were so happy with the cupcakes we had at our tasting, but the wedding day cake was even better. It was stunningly beautiful with exactly the colors we wanted! It's taken so much willpower not to dig into to our top tier before our first anniversary. We're planning to order another cake for my birthday just so we can taste it again!

Sent on 06/10/2017

Sarah · Married on 03/11/2017

Wow, wow, wow. Desserts by Rita are linked up with the Vandiver Inn, so we actually got to have this cake for free. The cake was amazing and the size of the pieces were perfect. I have been to weddings where the cakes were a thin little sliver, but this was a good size! The cake was beautiful with scalloped buttercream frosting. We couldn't decide on one type of flavor, so Cindy allowed us to choose different flavors of cake and frosting for each tier. My sister lives in NJ and is telling me that I have to bring her back a cake from Rita's for her half birthday! Any excuse to eat cake this good, I suppose.

You will not regret having this cake!

Sent on 03/15/2017