Coffey Cakes Reviews

86 | Lynchburg, VA

86 Reviews for Coffey Cakes

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Ashley · Married on 09/17/2016

Coffey Cakes was recommended to me as a source for "The BEST wedding cakes in Lynchburg" by a friend who has worked in the wedding planning industry. Wendy did not disappoint! It was truly the best wedding cake I have ever tasted. Wendy doesn't have a ton of flavors to choose from, but they are all absolutely delicious. The cake also looked beautiful and was exactly what I wanted. She even made the two almond vanilla layers funfetti to satisfy this bride's quirky taste. Thanks Wendy!!!

Sent on 11/05/2016

Coffey Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for the amazing review Ashley! I'm so happy that you loved your wedding cake! It was a pleasure working with you! Best wishes for a lifetime of wedded bliss!

emily · Married on 04/25/2015

Wendy was wonderful to work with. During our planning session, we had no idea what we wanted our cake to look like. Wendy was patient and had great tips to help us decide what we wanted our cake to look like. When I was deciding with cake vendor to go with, I asked my wedding planner "Who makes the best tasting cake?" Because after all, we are going to EAT it. My wedding planner immediately recommended Coffey Cakes. My wedding planner wasn't wrong. Wendy's cake tasted amazing! Our guests all complemented the cake...my only regret is that I didn't even get a piece of my own cake other than the cake cutting! However, we plan on eating our top layer before our first year anniversary!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Katie · Married on 11/02/2014

Wendy Coffey was such a piece of cake to work with (hehe)! She was quick to respond when I needed to make last minute decor changes therefore last minute changes to our cake! The cake turned out beautiful and the presentation was flawless! Not to mention the great taste! We loved that she offered a key lime flavor especially since we honeymooned in the Florida Keys! Thank-you so much Wendy Coffey for your hard work and for making our dream cake a reality!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Coffey Cakes's reply:

Thank you so much for the beautiful review Katie! It was truly a pleasure working with you! Thank you for choosing me to make your wedding cake - I'm so happy that you liked it! Best Wishes for a Blessed Marriage and a Happy Life!

Holly · Married on 07/27/2014

I could not be happier with choosing Wendy from Coffey Cakes to do my wedding cake. She made our cake exactly as I requested (based on a picture I found on Pinterest). It was a three-tier cake with an elegant light gold luster finish and some cascading real flowers provided by our florist. It was an absolutely stunning, classy cake that was almost too pretty to eat (arguably even prettier than the original picture I gave her). Each tier was a different and absolutely delicious flavor (vanilla-almond with raspberry filling, key lime with cream cheese filling, and raspberry with cream cheese filling). The cake is very moist and hard to stop eating! :) Cake is not my favorite food but Wendy's cake has the ability to help change that! You will not regret it if you go with Coffey Cakes! Thank you, Wendy! :)

Sent on 08/11/2014

Robin · Married on 06/28/2014

My daughter provided Wendy Coffey with a sketch of the wedding cake of her dreams and Wendy brought it to life! If it is possible, the cake tasted even better than it looked and it was a stunning piece of vintage art! So many people , even ones I don't know, commented on the beauty of the cake after I posted it on Facebook. I am driving across town tomorrow to taste one more sliver after we brought, what little of the cake remained, from Virginia to Pennsylvania! Thanks so much to Coffey Cakes for making a young woman's dream cake come true!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Jess · Married on 05/31/2014

I could not have asked for a better person to work with! Wendy Coffey is so talented at what she does and is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet. My cake not only looked good, but tasted fabulous!

Sent on 07/10/2014

Allison · Married on 11/02/2013

Wendy was absolutely wonderful! Our wedding cake was so beautiful and more than we ever imagined. Thank you so much for helping make our wedding amazing.

Sent on 12/01/2013

Morgan · event on 10/22/2013

Ever since Wendy of Coffey Cakes did my wedding cake, I have been trying continually to find excuses to order more cake from her! Last week I ordered two sheet cakes for an event at work and they were amazing. The cake was delicious and they were decorated exactly as I'd hoped...even better, actually. If you have an event and need a cake that will really WOW the crowd, look no further. Wendy is your woman!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Wendy was wonderful to work with and did a fantastic job on our wedding cake! We only met with her once since we lived out of town but she made sure that we got exactly what we wanted. We received so many comments on how beautiful and delicious the cake was. We got to taste the different cake flavors she offered and could pick more than one type for the cake. We also went into the process not sure what we wanted the cake to look like and we picked many different ideas from her previous cakes to create our own. Thank you for making the whole process entirely hassle-free. We would not hesitate to recommend your services to everyone we know! Thank you again!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Brittany · Married on 09/28/2013

My sister and I both used Coffey Cakes for our wedding cakes and they were both phenomenal! Wendy was so nice and so helpful throughout the planning process. She was easy to work with and delivered just what she had promised. She sat down with my fiance and I to let us sample some of her flavors, and when she didn't have a sample of something we were interested in, she happily whipped up a sample the following week for us to taste! We chose 7 different flavors of cake and they were all delicious - we had many compliments on it! Blackberry swirl was our personal favorite!

Tami · Married on 09/24/2013

Wendy was a dream to work with. Our wedding cake was one of the best parts of our wedding. I chose a 4 tier cake and each tier had a different flavor. OH MY WORD!! Each layer was moist, delicious, and perfect. Everyone said our cake was soooo good. A year later, our top tier tasted as if it were fresh baked. Wendy is just fabulous!

October 23, 2013...I got another cake from Wendy today. It was for my husband and my 25th (month) anniversary. Wendy decorated it to look just like the top tier of our wedding cake. I was overwhelmed with how beautiful it was. She did another perfect job! The cake was so beautiful, my husband got a little sentimental, too!! And the flavor? OH MY GOSH!! The cake tasted divine!! Heaven in a bite!

Thank you so much, Wendy! You are the best and I tell all future brides I know all about you!

Meredith · Married on 08/10/2013

Wendy from Coffey Cakes in Lynchburg is an absolutely pleasure to work with. First let me say her reputation is wonderful. I am from Forest, Virginia and that is where I got married but I moved to Fairfax, VA a few years back for work. A friend of mine in DC actually referred Wendy to me...as I said her repurtation proceeds her!

Wendy is so sweet and she made things so easy. She came out to do a tasting at my venue which was very helpful for an out of town bride. I remember that I had just had a very stressful meeting with our florist but all our stresses melted away when Wendy walked in. She is very personable and easy going and listens to what you want. I showed her a picture and she said "yep, I can do that". And did I mention the cake yet? HOLY COW. IT IS AMAZING CAKE. YUM YUM YUM. The cake for our wedding day was perfect. She can do amazing things with buttercream (things I have only seen done in fondant before). She also let us do different flavors for each tier. We had a marble chocolate with peanut butter filling, a rasberry flavor with a white ganache filling, a vanilla almond flavor, with a rasberry filling, and a red velvet layer with a buttercream filling. She was so easy going about the mix and match process and didn't charge extra or antyhing like that. And the final product was GORGEOUS and exactly what we had talked about. You can see a picture of the cake at my photographers website (http://samstroudphoto.pixieset.com/alex_meredith_2013/details/). And can we talk about how good it was? I am not kidding....our guests were RAVING about the cake. And I ate every flavor (yep...this bride ate!). I even had more the next day :) Truly remarkable!

if you are looking for a great baker at a reasonable cost who is easy to work with and can make the cake of your dreams Wendy is your lady!

Sent on 09/19/2013

Shania · Married on 07/13/2013

The best wedding cake I have ever had!!!!!!!! I would do it all over again just to order another wedding cake from Coffeey Cakes!!!!

Sent on 09/14/2013

Coffey Cakes's reply:

Hi Shania! Thank you for the fabulous review! It was such a pleasure meeting you and working with you on your wedding cake. I hope you had the wedding of your dreams and have a blessed marriage!

Brooke · Married on 06/15/2013

Wendy is a great professional cake decorator who takes her love for baking to the extreme!! She does amazing work and I would highly recommend her for any one looking for a wedding cake or special event. Not only did she do my wedding cake, she also made a grooms cake for me that was simply over the top!!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Wendy did an amazing job on making my vision come true! My wedding cake was so delicious and so very beautiful!!!

Sent on 05/06/2014

Our Wedding cake was so beautiful and VERY delicious! It was a pleasure working with Wendy!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Adam · Married on 05/04/2013

My wife and I were provided with a wonderful cake. Many many compliments from our guest. We cannot wait to dig into our cake again on our 1 year anniversary.

• Melissa

Melissa · Married on 09/22/2012

Wendy did an awesome job with our wedding cake! Our wedding cake looked like it came straight out of a magazine! We were pleased with her flexibility and responsivness. She offered great tips and suggestions, and the result was AMAZING. We will definitely recommend her services to others in the future!

Sent on 10/13/2012

Morgan · Married on 09/21/2012

Wendy Coffey of Coffey Cakes is simply the best in town. There is no cake that compares in taste or texture. Wendy is also excellent at decorating and creates a unique work of art for each event. She is a DELIGHT to work with.

Hannah · Married on 09/15/2012

I LOVED MY CAKE!!!! Wendy worked with my from the very beginning to help me come up with something different. The flowers she made for the cake were beautiful! And he buttercream frosting held up very nicely against the high temperatures of the day! My husband, who is not a big cake person at all, said that this cake was the best he had ever tasted! Good selection of flavors (especially the key lime :) ) without being too pricey!

Sent on 10/12/2012

Absolute perfection. My very simple, elegant wedding cake was devoured by guests. We have only our top tier left.

Sent on 09/16/2012

Carrie · Married on 08/18/2012

Wendy Coffey made our wedding cake absolutely beautiful! She was wonderful to work with and the cake was absolutely delicious! I recommend the Key Lime cake, as that is what we had and it was soooooo good!
    Carrie and Kevin Knaus

Sent on 08/26/2012

LeeOra · Married on 03/31/2012

Not only was the cake BEAUTIFUL, but it was soooo delicious! I wanted to make sure my guests didn't just have another pretty cake to look at, but i wanted them to enjoy eating it too! Wendy is very personal, and was very helpful in deciding exactly how to make our wedding cake the best to fit our personality, and to go with our theme. I highly recomment her!

Sent on 06/28/2012

jennifer · Married on 10/15/2011

My friend's little girl described the cake as "the best cake ever"! Wendy created a beautiful cake that tasted even better.

Sent on 11/06/2011

Danielle · Married on 09/17/2011

Our wedding cake was not only spectacular, but it was also delicious. I will definitely be going back to Coffey Cakes in the future for any other cakes we may need. I would absolutely refer my family and friends to Coffey Cakes as well.

Sent on 10/11/2011