Castle Hotel & Spa Reviews

29 | Tarrytown, NY

29 Reviews for Castle Hotel & Spa

• F

Faride · Married on 05/21/2016

We were looking for a venue that was breathtaking and can also accommodate a small wedding. We had less than 30 people. During our search, it seemed that large venues weren't look at our wedding as a real event. Not at the Castle. Nicole was amazing. She made me feel like our wedding was the only event she was working with and the only event that mattered. E-mails never went unanswered and she was so accommodating. We had an awesome day thanks to the staff at the Castle Hotel and Spa.

Sent on 06/16/2016

Pamela · Married on 03/20/2016

A dream wedding come true. I had my wedding here on the evening of March 20, 2016 and every dimension was excellent, professional and flawless -- guests and family are still talking about the experience, which is what you really want on your wedding day: beautiful memories. The Castle itself is gorgeous, an authentic Norman castle built in the 19th century, overlooking the Hudson river (a 30-minute drive from Manhattan) with soaring ceilings, stunning grounds...your pictures will be phenomenal. Nicole and her staff were a godsend, responsive to all our needs, working with us on prices/packages that fit our budget, and helping our bridal party throughout. The setting and decor were perfect for our intimate event (80 guests) and we barely needed any extras. The food at the reception was amazing, made possible through their award-winning restaurant/wine list; we had passed and table style hors d'oeuvres both very delicious, and the sit-down dinner was outstanding. I just can't say enough about the courteous staff, the attention to detail Nicole gave to our event, and the quality of the service. The Castle is perfect.

Sent on 04/24/2016
  • I

Iryna · Married on 09/20/2014

We had an absolutely fantastic experience with Castle Hotel & Spa. We live in the city (my husband is in finance, I’m a TV producer), and we were looking for a location that’s close enough to the city (to accommodate all our NYC friends) but that also felt like a weekend getaway. The Castle is a stunning venue that’s exudes luxury and top-notch grounds maintenance (we were coming off a wedding at the Plaza, and we felt that Castle provided that extravagance of a Plaza wedding but at more reasonable prices).

The shining standout of the Castle is its impeccable professional staff. We didn’t have a wedding planner, so we had to largely rely on Castle’s wedding team both throughout the planning process as well as the day of the wedding. Gilbert Baeriswil (the General Manager) was beyond helpful every step of the way. He was always available and accommodative, answered every question we had big or small very promptly, and helped guide the process from the moment that we booked the Castle as our wedding venue. Gilbert and his team catered to my every request and executed our vision perfectly (I also felt like they understood what I wanted from day one and didn’t require too much micro managing – which is huge for a busy bride! The end result turned out to be exactly what I had in mind). The day of the wedding went very smoothly as well. Rudy Ferreiras and Amanda Depalma (day-of coordinators) were excellent as well.

Food was another highlight of our day – the Castle food was hands down the best wedding dinner we’ve ever had. Between the quality & sophistication of the menu combined with impeccable waiting service – our guests felt like they were dining at a five-star restaurant. Every course was delicious and unique (none of that standard wedding “beef or fish” route), each course was paired with carefully chosen wine (and we’re big wine fanatics, so that part was important to us).

Overall, we couldn't be happier with the venue & highly recommend it to all.

Sent on 09/08/2015

The staff makes you feel as if your day is truly special. Anything you want can be yours that day. They were able to accommodate our custom floor plan & the venue was as beautiful as any I've ever seen.

Sent on 10/31/2013

Castle Hotel & Spa's reply:

Thank you! It was a pleasure working with you and welcoming your guests!

My wedding at Castle on the Hudson was exceptional. Our coordinator, Carrie was wonderful to work with. She was always friendly, patient, and timely with her responses to our emails and phone calls. She listened to all of my ideas and created an environment that was exactly how I had envisioned it. Each step along the way, her calm demeanor alleviated any stress I felt which allowed me to really relax and enjoy the entire day. The entire staff at Castle on the Hudson was attentive and lovely to myself, my husband, and all of our family and friends the entire weekend of the wedding. The rooms we stayed in were beautiful and spacious. The castle itself is gorgeous and the grounds are landscaped beautifully. The food at the wedding was excellent. My husband is a chef and we had a handful of guests that are either chefs or food enthusiasts and they all raved about how good the food was. The overall attention to detail was remarkable. Carrie managed to include all the unique little touches I requested throughout the evening making my wedding that much more special. From start to finish it was everything I imagined it would be.

Sent on 06/27/2012

Pearl · Married on 05/28/2012

FABULOUS!!!!!!! The staff was amazing, the food was great and the venue was magical!!!

Sent on 06/01/2012

Devin · Married on 05/27/2012

A wonderful and unique venue that has a very professional and kind staff! I highly recommend them if you are looking for a venue that is beautiful and also has delicious food that is not your typical wedding food. Gilbert was the perfect event coordinator and he made me feel very at ease throughout my wedding day!

Sent on 06/13/2012

marianna · Married on 01/21/2012

what a magical place for a beautiful wedding... our wedding was truly a "fairytale".. unforgetable.. they get a 5 out of 5 for sure!

Sent on 02/09/2012

Eric · Married on 12/30/2011

From the initial interview through the last hour of the reception, the catering, wiat and manageriall staff operated with an outstanding sense of professionalism and decorum. Carrie Fantel, Sales Manager, offered any and every possible option avaialble and then happily agreed to modify menus as well as room set-up. The venue was set for the Christmas Season so with the use of candle light, the hall looked magnificent. Since this was one of the first same-sex weddings since NY passed The Marriage Equality Law, the staff was keen on leaving a lasting impression on all who attended. The staff was courteous, welcoming and above all professional. The food was of the highest quality from taste to presentation (the white-gloved European Service by the Waiters and Waitresses was quite impressive). The passed hors d'ouvres were delectable and abundant! The food stations were outstanding albeit "The Mediterranean Table" could have offered a bit more diverse selection. The standard place settings, chairs and tables were perfect for the Castle's decor. The venue itself looks much bigger without tables so the "Castle" is most appropraite for a top-notch intimate wedding. The DJ came equipped with LED up-lighting that was placed throughout the main hall and entrance ways creating a truly spectacular colorful effect. The staff worked seamlessly; they reset rooms and maintainied a warm accommodating space with ease. The Castle on the Hudson could be a perfect place for a perfect wedding or special occasion.

Sent on 06/21/2012

Jessica · Married on 11/05/2011

The Castle on the Hudson did an outstanding job for our wedding - the staff and sales team were amazing and everyone went above and beyond with our guests. I couldn't have chosen a better venue for our ceremony and reception.

Gilbert, the general manager, was AMAZING! We booked our wedding with him, and he worked with us for the entire year to pull all of our elements together.

Highly recommend the Castle on the Hudson for anyone looking for that extra special and intimate wedding feeling. LOVED THEM!

Sent on 11/09/2011

Bridget · Married on 01/01/2011

My daughter was married at the Castle 1/1/11. So many of the guests said that it was the most beautiful, magical wedding they had ever been to. The Castle was still decorated for the holidays which added to the fairytale atmosphere. The Great Hall looked amazing for the evening ceremony and reception. The staff was helpful, professional and friendly. The food at the cocktail hour and reception was beyond incredible. I have absolutely no regrets - it was perfection.

Sent on 03/29/2011

Susan · Married on 10/02/2010

The Castle is the venue for the world's most perfect setting for a wedding. Elegant, timeless and classic, the Castle sets the perfect backdrop for your perfect day.

Nearly two years before our wedding, it honestly was the only venue we ever looked at. Lisa Benoit is an amazing girl whom bent over backwards to satisfy our demanding needs. Everything from the flawless and gorgeous bridal suite, the stunning gardens at sunset, the magical Great Room and the party Caramai Ballroom; the wedding was really the time of our lives.

The food is second to none. I only wish that every wedding I've ever been to had such an outstanding and quality presentation and food service. Make sure you save room for the dessert.

One word to describe the Castle: AMAZING!

Sent on 10/06/2010

Toni · Married on 03/14/2010

The staff at the Castle are amazing, so professional, helpful and kind. They really made such a difference and I knew I had nothing to worry about regarding our wedding location and that they would take care of everything...and they did! Everything from food to service to valet was perfect!

Sent on 02/03/2011
  • O

Alea · Married on 07/10/2009

Everything went off without a hitch, and we were so happy that we chose the castle as our reception venue. The food was INCREDIBLE, and the service was unbeatable. Our guests commented on how it was like a fairytale wedding! It is not cheap, but considering that you don't have to worry about a wedding planner or decorations really (I mean, it's all built into the stunning decor of the castle), you definitely get a bang for your buck. The entire staff was so helpful and attentive that I was able to remain calm and zen the day of, knowing that everything was being taken care of.

Sent on 12/14/2010

Jill · Married on 09/28/2008

WOW! Micheal and his staff treated us like royalty for more than just one day. It was wonderful.

Sent on 11/12/2008

pamela · Married on 09/27/2008

Michael Casarella is a lifesaver. We had booked a different location but didn't feel too good about it. After meeting Mike and having him walk us through the whole process, I felt an incredible sense of relief. I cancelled with our other location, and booked Castle immediatley. All of my requests were possible and Mike would work around us. Mike is an incredibly responsive person, great customer service, and went above and beyond his call of duty to accommodate our constantly changing rooming needs. We had our rehearsal dinner at at the Castle, and from the time we checked in, through to the ceremony & reception, I was completely relaxed! Between Mike and my day of coordinator, everything was taken care of.

Sent on 01/29/2009
  • W

Will · Married on 09/04/2016

My wife and I had our wedding here and they were absolutely fantastic. They were very professional and did a great job taking care of both us and our guests. We had a lot of personal details, and they made sure they were executed correctly.

Their food is also excellent. Everything from the hor d'oeuvres to our entrees was delicious, and both us and our guests were very satisfied with our meals.

I would absolutely recommend them!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Madeleine · Married on 09/26/2015

The Castle was absolutely beautiful. Melinda made everything so easy and handled all of our questions quickly and professionally. All of the indoor and outdoor spaces are lovely. The outdoor space is intimate without feeling cramped. For a wedding of 120 guests or less, the whole wedding can be in the upstairs dining room, which is beautiful and has a lovely stained glass window. We were just under 130, so we had dinner upstairs and then moved downstairs for the cake cutting and dancing. All of the guests really enjoyed that set-up. I'm so glad that we picked The Castle and I would definitely recommend it.

Sent on 12/03/2015
  • Kyla

Kyla · Married on 09/30/2018

Great service, very professional.

Shannon helped us with so many aspects of putting our big day together. She and the rest of the staff did a great job. They were personable and professional.

Sent on 02/24/2019

Stephanie · Married on 10/22/2017

We recently had our wedding at The Castle Hotel and Spa. It was such a beautiful incredible venue to hold our wedding at and our day was absolutely perfect. The Castle was definitely attentive to us the day of our wedding and doing everything they could to make our wedding day go as smoothly as possible. The only feedback I would give to future Brides and Grooms would be to make sure you are very clear at your tasting exactly what you would like as there were some unexpected changes that occurred at our actual dinner during our wedding. Besides that I would highly recommend having your wedding at this beautiful location!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Julia · Married on 08/18/2012

My (now) husband and I got married in August at the Castle on the Hudson. Words cannot begin to describe how perfect our entire experience was from start to finish. The castle itself is the most beautiful backdrop for a fairytale wedding. When you book your wedding at the castle you have an entire wing of the castle to yourself -- it truly feels like you are in your own royal home. The staff caters to you and your every need like nothing I have ever experienced -- literally, every time I needed something, there was someone there to help me; however, the staff were never on top of me or my wedding party -- they just somehow seemed to know when we needed them.

The service is truly impeccable and the rooms are all beautiful. The bridal suite is stunning and has the most beautiful views from all of the windows. I have to say Gilbert is, without a doubt, the most amazing manager I have ever had the privilege to work with -- every detail was taken care of perfectly and he made sure my entire wedding day went off without a hitch. From start-to-finish, spending the last year with Gilbert was a dream for a bride-to-be -- he is professional, kind, calming, and able to help make sure every wish you have comes true. I did not need a professional wedding planner with Gilbert there to make sure the entire day-of the event went so smoothly. My husband and I will always remember Gilbert fondly and be so grateful for how absolutely perfect he made our day.

The food is out of this world -- aside from our 150-person wedding, we also hosted our 75+-person brunch at the Castle. The food is something people still talk to us about -- the pairings were excellent and absolutely fit for foodies. I would highly recommend the Viennese dessert option for brides -- it was absolutely worth the extra money and our guests loved it.

I honestly have nothing but the most positive things to say about the castle, the staff, the food, the rooms, and the surroundings. My wedding was perfect.

Sent on 10/27/2012

Patricia · Married on 10/06/2007

Castle on the Hudson did a fantastic job on my wedding. Everything was flawless and they really went out of their way to take care of me and my family on the day of the wedding. It was the most stress-free experience!
    Amazing food .. beautiful setting ... attentive staff. Doesn't get any better.

Sent on 12/09/2007

Joe · Married on 07/15/2007

The most wonderful venue! A beautiful courtyard, majestic rooms, and the most attentive staff! I wish we could get married again, just to be here.

Sent on 05/20/2008

Carla · Married on 02/18/2012

My husband and I had our wedding at the Castle in February this year - the venue itself was gorgeous and all our guests enjoyed the unique touches of the reception. Since it was during the winter we wanted an interior which would sparkle in candlelight and resemble traditional banquets. We had cocktails in the Great Hall, then a three course sit down dinner downstairs in the reception hall, and dancing & dessert back in the Great Hall. The spaces fit 100 guests perfectly! While planning the wedding, I was concerned with many of the details about the reception (I did not hire a wedding planner) - however, the few days preceding the day, the staff of the Castle were a tremendous resource and helped to decorate the venue exactly to order. Scott Woldman was a huge help and pleasure to work with - and helped my 92 year old Grandmother through out the evening. The venue is not cheap - but the food was amazing and worth the price. The Castle is also a reception hall which is continuously being used - however, on the day of the wedding, the attention to detail was a pleasant surprise!

Sent on 04/29/2012