Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

143 Reviews for Caroline Street Cafe & Catering

Southern (1)
Nut Free (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
140 Caroline Street Cafe & Catering Reviews

Shane and his team are incredible! They offered a full tasting for items we created. Yes, they allowed us to create a menu, we did not have to pick and chose from a set list of options. If you are looking for great tasting food for your guests, a great team to work with and a menu that you love, Caroline Street Catering is who you should call.

Profile Picture Debra, 10/20/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Southern
4.2

Overall, our experience with Caroline Street Catering was great, largely thanks to our time working with Shane. He was incredibly helpful and flexible in putting together an all vegetarian menu for our wedding - our guests gave the food rave reviews! It was great to work with someone who was willing to work with us and be creative! I also GREATLY appreciated that on our wedding day, the catering team sent out a server to wait on my husband and me immediately following the ceremony while we continued to take family pictures. Having someone there to wait on us personally with water and snacks was so appreciated - I can't thank the catering team enough for this thoughtful gesture!

One area where Caroline Street can improve is with their bartending services. My husband and I provided the alcohol for our wedding and so we had made requests and provided specific instructions in regards to what mixers the vendor should bring, what to serve to guests and when, etc., but it became evident throughout the night that the staff had not followed through with these requests - we started running out of mixers within the first hour of our wedding, resulting in guests being served shots of liquor the rest of the night. Even more, at the end of the night, the bar staff started packing up our unused alcohol into their trucks. Thankfully one of my family members stopped them and we got everything back, but it was pretty disappointing to hear about the next day.

I think Shane does excellent work and I have the highest amount of respect for him, but I would encourage greater oversight and better communication with the bar staff, as this is an area that needs attention, particularly if the bride and groom are providing the alcohol.

Profile Picture Shannon, 5/5/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Liquor License, Outside Alcohol, Vegetarian, American, Asian, Italian, Mexican, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Shane from Caroline Street Catering was awesome! We went here for a food tasting and he went above and beyond in letting us sample whatever we were interested in on the menu and gave us boxes of leftovers to take home! I also loved that he provided BBQ buffet as an option because that is exactly what my (then fiance now husband) had in mind for our wedding. At the end of our day there were boxes in leftovers with bride and groom in sharpie written on them. We enjoyed the leftovers the next day and early into the next week while we were still recovering from all the excitement and had not gone to the store yet. Would definitely recommend Shane and his crew.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/21/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, BBQ

We had Caroline Street cater our wedding rehearsal and wedding reception. My husband and father went to the initial meeting/tasting, as I was unable to make it, but we knew they were the ones as even the huge boxes of food Chef Shane sent home with them for me to try were delicious when I re-heated them the next day!

They truly did a fantastic job! For our rehearsal Chef Shane did an amazing job catering to my Puerto Rican husband’s heritage with chicken, plantains, rice/frijoles, papas and tres leches cake. Everyone still talks about the rehearsal dinner (and my husband still talks about the tres leches)! The reception food was just as good and we all enjoyed eating leftovers. I cannot recall the name of one of our bartenders, but she was so sweet and took care of us the entire night as we never made it back to the bar area with trying to talk to all of our guests. We cannot say enough about them! Thank you!

Profile Picture Heather, 10/21/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, American, Latin American, Nut Free, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Chef Shane and the entire Caroline Street Catering was absolutely amazing! They were always so incredibly helpful and supportive throughout the whole process and really worked with us to create a menu that was perfect for us/our special day. We have heard SO MANY responses from guests saying that the food was incredible - and we couldn't agree more!!! Every single dish we had was so delicious and perfectly prepared on our day (we had 4 or so cocktail hour hour devours and a full buffet for dinner). We really, really appreciated just how easy Caroline Street was to work with and how Chef Shane truly listened to everything we voiced regarding our menu and really went the extra mile to personalize it just for us. I wish I could eat their food every single day!!! I could not recommend them more - they are an absolute must as a caterer for your wedding!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Chef Shane was AMAZING!! He couldn't have been nicer if he tried. He was beyond accommodating. He went out of his way to be helpful, make things easy and provide an amazing night. The food was DELICIOUS. I highly suggest you use this company!!

Profile Picture Becky, 6/3/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

Chef Shane and his crew are absolutely phenomenal - I'm not even sure if I can put into words how great he is, in fact I would use him for every event I ever have catered. I do management consulting for a living and know outstanding (above 5.0) customer service when I see it!!! We used Caroline Street for rehearsal dinner and our wedding reception. Shane is the most caring person and wants to help ensure the day runs smoothly - from all small to big details (color schemes, decor for venue, etc.), he makes concrete recommendations based on your style and preferences. Shane came up to see us at the wedding and we bombarded him with hugs. As a bride, the planning and coordination of small details can be very overwhelming - fear not, Shane helps you think through literally everything (more than once also!!!). During the wedding the staff was so amazingly sweet and accommodating - really made us feel beyond special on our big day. I would recommend Caroline Street Catering to anyone out there who wants to have amazing food, impeccable quality service, and wants someone to treat you like family while working with you!!!!

WE heart you Shane and crew!!!! See you for whatever our next big event is!!

Kathy and Jack

Profile Picture Kathy, 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Shane and his crew were wonderful. The food was delicious and exactly what we wanted. It was food everyone could enjoy. The servers were attentive and made sure everyone was taken care of. We did our toast (with bourbon because that's how we roll) and Shane's crew made sure the right people had apple juice instead of Jefferson Reserved.

But it was Shane's personal touch that makes Caroline Street so perfect. My husband and I had just finished the photo session and were sitting outside, enjoying the brief respite before our big entrance. The planner asked if we'd like a snack. I said, "yes! We should get to enjoy the apps too!". Two minutes later, Shane himself comes out with a platter of his fabulous appetizers. We go, "YES!". Amazing.

It's that personal touch that sets Shane and Caroline Street Cafe & Catering above the rest.

Profile Picture Shannon, 5/14/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, American, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Server(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

WOW, I cannot say enough amazing things about Chef Shane and his team at Caroline Street Catering! We asked a lot of them and we received everything we wanted and more. We asked Chef Shane to create a menu of Korean food based on recipes and tasting tweaks while also incorporating some of his creative additions and a small portion of outside food. The food exceeded our expectations and our guests would not stop raving about the meal! We were told by multiple people that our wedding food was the best they have had at a wedding. On top of that, the service on the day of was exceptional. My husband and I kept hearing that we would not eat much on our wedding day so we should try to fit some snacks in. Let me tell you, this was not the case. A couple servers kept checking on us specifically to make sure we were fed and got to taste everything. We were brought cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres while we were taking photos and served a huge dish during dinner. Guests commented on the how lovely the servers and bartenders were and we were so pleased to hear that the excellent service was not just for us. Chef Shane was so easy to work with and we could trust that he would deliver every step of the way. We are so happy with our decision to hire Caroline Street Catering and I have full confidence they would make any other couple happy as can be on their wedding day!!!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 5/6/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering

CHEF SHANE IS DA BOMB!!!!!!! Lol. That being said, the man knows how to cook up a storm. He was very flexible and accommodating in every sense of the word. He made simple foods in the most delicious manner. All of the guests were complimenting the food. We had bang bang shrimp, crab cakes, and bruschetta for appetizers. He provided the bartenders and waiters for the event. He was very organized in communicating with my venue on last minute details. I really have no complaints about him. He even waived our cake cutting and tasting fees. There was a TON of food at the tasting. Compared to other caterers, he was very affordable. He's super flexible in what he can make for the event. I noticed he even bought herbs from local growers. Great presentation, too. I strongly recommend him for any event!! Rock on Chef Shane!

Profile Picture Krista, 4/22/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Caroline Street is perfect for any Wedding and Rehearsal Dinner! We chose Caroline Street for both events and were blown away with the taste of the food and professionalism of their team! The food is delicious and Chef Shane was amazing to work with every step of the way!

Profile Picture Catherine, 4/22/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Bottom line up front: Hands down the best customer service! From our first tasting, we knew that Caroline Street Catering was the right caterer for our wedding on April 8, 2017. The food was amazing of course but just as great was the fact that Chef Shane is so personable and so honest and genuine in his desire to exceed your expectations for your event. We had a very long guest list and really wanted to do a seated dinner at the Silk Mill (which does not have a kitchen). He and his wonderful staff executed the dinner perfectly and in record time. Our guests thoroughly enjoyed the food (bang bang shrimp!) and the overall service from the food preparation, to the servers, to the bartenders. Chef Shane really listened to us and never tried to nudge us in a different direction. He gave us helpful recommendations and we trusted his professional experience and are so glad that we did. That's why he is in the business; he knows what he is doing! Chef Shane was also an excellent communicator, I must have sent him a dozen requests for different quotes and he addressed every single one so quickly. To all brides and grooms (and anyone having an event) out there, check out Caroline Street Catering. They provide delicious food and exceptional service at the most fair and reasonable price and they are just a pleasure to work with. The whole wedding planning process is just remarkably easier when you have such personable and genuine people on your side like Chef Shane.

Profile Picture Terrie, 4/8/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Clean Up, Set Up, American, Cake Cutting, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Vegetarian

Chef Shane and his team were great to work with for our wedding in January. We got married at Top of The Town in Arlington, VA and he had no problem with traveling. Everything was set up perfectly and the food was AMAZING. Three months later and we still have people talking about how good our food was at our wedding. Many saying it was the best meal they have ever had at a wedding! Thanks again Chef Shane!

Profile Picture Sara, 1/7/17, 2 Reviews
0.9

We booked Caroline Street Catering for our wedding but ended up having to cancel because he was SO unresponsive. I would have to email him multiple times before I got a response which still wasn't very helpful. It got to a point where I was not able to trust him with my wedding and we even ended up losing $1,000 of our initial deposit. It is such a shame because the food was great and Chef Shane seemed like a great person at first, but as soon as we booked them, the communication wasn't there. The worst part is that they didn't really own up to their mistakes and blamed it on their rental company.

Profile Picture User5408445, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated

Chef Shane was an absolute DELIGHT!!! He is so kind and so great to work with. We met him for the first time at our tasting. We had the joy of eating first and trying all the samples he prepared for us. Once we were done we got to meet Chef Shane and he is just so nice and easy to talk too. He wants your day to be just as great as you do, so he pays full attention and makes sure that you get what you want. He was very responsive with emails and phone calls. His staff was wonderful! We had them caterer our rehearsal dinner and our wedding and both nights everyone was hard working, kind, and very responsive. I would highly recommend chef Shane and his crew. Everyone at our wedding complimented the food and staff for both nights and it was just a great feeling to know we picked the right caterer! Choose Caroline Catering and I promise you will NOT be disappointed!!! :)

Profile Picture Chrissy, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Caroline Street and Chef Shane are great! We hired them for our wedding, and had stationed and passed hors d'oeuvres, buffet-style dinner, and open bar with limited alcohol options (we provided the alcohol, they served it). Prior to us choosing Caroline Street or doing a tasting, we were provided with complimentary tickets to a Valentine's meal and wine pairing group dinner, which was fantastic and worth about $60 a ticket (so they initially got points there). All of their food was fantastic, we were able to modify what we wanted, and had a wide selection of apps and dinner options to choose from that fit in our budget, as well as plate and glassware choices. They also had a good amount of items included and didn't charge for every single thing like another caterer we looked at. Their staff was always quick to respond to emails and calls also and answered any questions we had. Definitely recommend Caroline Street.

Profile Picture Jess, 9/16/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Chef Shane and everyone at Caroline street are absolutely fantastic!!!! He was able to accommodate all of the food allergies that the guests had. They were so lovely to work with and the food was so delicious! We had stationary and passed appetizers and a buffet with family style salads at each table! They also made sure to bring some appetizers out to the bridal party as we were doing our photos! Such a lovely group and so talented! Definitely book them for your next event!!

Profile Picture Carolyn , 9/11/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Organic, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations

Shane and his team are so easy to work with. I originally found and reached out to Caroline Street as he was on my venue's preferred vendor sheet.
I have dealt with quite a few caterers professionally in DC planning galas and graduation events. However, none are as responsive, flexible, and accommodating as Shane. Not only that, but you feel as if you are working with a small family business, yet he delivers the best food. Another added bonus was our tasting for 4 people was free before we even committed to him, which is almost unheard of these days.
Our wedding guests raved about the food and service provided.
If we ever have the need for catering again, I will absolutely be using Caroline Street.

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/10/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Vegan

Caroline Street Catering catered our wedding and all I can say is WOW! We had a buffet set-up and the food was absolutely delicious. It tasted incredibly fresh and it was honestly day and night compared to other caterers we had tasted. Our guests especially raved about the bang bang shrimp and mashed potato martini bar. The staff was incredibly friendly and attentive to all our guests. They even went around to the tables to ask if anyone needed a vegetarian option, which they had prepared without us requesting it! We were able to supply our own alcohol but the bar tender did an awesome job and mixed up great cocktails from what he was given. Overall, we were extremely happy with the food and service and would recommend Caroline Street Catering to anyone hosting a wedding or large event.

Profile Picture Yelena, 8/26/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We were married yesterday and Caroline Street Catering made our wedding effortless. Chef Shane and Anthony were exceptional from the moment we contacted then. Our tasting was quickly scheduled when we contacted them and I can tell you that the food was as good at the wedding as it was at the tasting. We had numerous people tell us it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. I am still in love with the BBQ pork cake and bang bang shrimp appetizers and the tomato bacon jam chicken, but all the food was raved about.

But more than that, Anthony and Chef Shane went out of their way not only to work with our budget but to make sure they were doing whatever they could to make our lives easier. Anthony even called me a few days prior to the wedding to ask if there was anything else they could do. We had a full open bar and dessert bar and both were exceptional. No hidden fees or issues and their staff helped clean up the entire event.

They deliver on all of their promises. Seriously can not thank them enough. Do not hesitate to call them.

Profile Picture User6747765, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Champagne Toast, Specialty Beer, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations

Chef Shane and the team are amazing! We threw him a total curveball. We are really big fans of Korean culture and food, and we have a pretty extensive history with the food. So we were looking to have Korean food for our wedding day. Well… it was a bit more difficult than either of us anticipated. This is where Chef Shane stepped in. We found Shane through our wedding planner and asked him if there was any way for him to do Korean food. And he immediately jumped on it! He was overjoyed at the idea of doing something different than the standard Chicken, Beef and Veggie fair. Since, I had the pallet for Korean, and he had the cooking expertise, we collaborated, had tastings, tweaks, and developed a Korean fusion feast that was the rave of the night. We even had the approval from our native Korean friends, who raved about the food. In conclusion, Caroline Street Catering’s food and dinner service was the star of our wedding.

Profile Picture Anthony, 3/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I am a vendor in the Fredericksburg area making wedding cakes.Caroline Street catering is the best! Not only is their food exquisite, but they are friendly and a wonderfully easy fellow vendor to work with. We have worked alongside each other on many different weddings! I have spoken with Chef Shane on numerous occasions and even as a vendor, he takes the time to address wedding related issues with me without rushing me and genuinely hearing everything I want to say. I would without hesitation highly recommend Caroline Street catering to anyone wanting a wedding without any cares when it comes to their food and their wait staff!

Profile Picture Karen, 2/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

WE are excited about Caroline Street Catering. We are using them for my daughter's April 2016 Wedding. We recently went to the tasting and it was great. Chef Shane and his wife Tracey are personable, flexible and want to make your wedding day perfect. We are looking forward to the reception. The food is delicious and we have enough leftovers from our tasting for the next day. Very excited

Profile Picture Kori, 11/15/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Chef Shane was really easy to work with. They provided a complimentary tasting and were responsive in scheduling it. Then when we selected the menu, they showed up and provided exactly what we discussed, with no drama. The food was really good and we got a lot of positive comments about it from other guests. The staff was very professional and made everything easy and seamless. Plus, they even brought some of the cocktail hour food to the wedding party while we were taking photos!

Profile Picture Susan, 10/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: No Pork, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres

Shane and his staff were absolutely wonderful to work with! The food was delicious and all of our guests enjoyed it. He was also flexible in allowing us to bring food for some of our guests with food allergies (which he also offered to prepare for us so we wouldn't have to worry). He is a dream and I highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Ashleigh, 10/17/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Stations, Gluten Free, No Pork, Vegetarian