Barbara Ann Michaels, Jester of the Peace Reviews

Barbara Ann Michaels, Jester of the Peace 3
Barbara Ann Michaels, Jester of the Peace 4
Barbara Ann Michaels, Jester of the Peace 5

Darin · Married on 02/17/2013

Barbara is a genius. An officiant-savant! She helped us craft the most wonderful ceremony we've ever been party to. OK, we’re biased, but even our friends and family were blown away. From the moment we met her up until the I-do’s we felt right at home, and at peace. We immediately knew we could place our trust in her, both in crafting the ceremony, and then handing ourselves over to her on the day of. Better than we imagined!!! Our wedding was completely joyous, and even a surprise to us after working with her for the month leading up to the day. If you place a premium on love and joy, we can’t imagine anyone better to officiate your day!!!

Sent on 03/18/2013

Tara · Married on 01/11/2013

Barbara was a pleasure to work with. We met her via Skype and had several phone conversations with her. She helped to make our ceremony original, heartfelt, warm and entertaining. She took our words and transformed them into beautiful vows. Our guests commented that it seemed she knew us our entire lives. She took the time to ensure our ceremony reflected our lives and relationship. I would recommend her to everyone.

Sent on 03/15/2013

JENNIFER · Married on 12/12/2012

Barbara was awesome!!!! Our experience was more than we could have imagined. We are very grateful for Barbara and her knowledge to make a beautiful ceremony. She worked with us to the very end with more detail then we would have thought of. She was very flexible and loving with our matrimony. I would recommend her to anyone that wishes to have a perfect wedding. We got married in a helicopter over Manhattan at night and it was PERFECT!!!

Sent on 01/01/2013

Line Maria · Married on 11/03/2012

In the fairytales the prince and princess have to go through a lot of challenges in order to finally get married and live happily ever after. Our wedding was no exception as we were supposed to be married at the city hall the Friday after hurricane Sandy when our family and friends from Denmark were in town. It didn't work out as planned because of the power loss and computer issues, but luckily something much better was waiting for us :) I found Barbara Ann online and loved here sweet picture, so I gave here a call immediately that Friday to ask her if she could marry us the very next day, and the answer was yes! We didn't even get the chance to meet before the ceremony, but just from hearing Barbara Ann's voice on the phone and listening to her inputs, I knew that this is a woman we could trust and someone who has a deeper understanding of love and life. The spontaneous wedding the next day on the top of the building were we live was fun, personal and very romantic. I loved how Barbara Ann involved our guest in the ceremony and that my husband and I had the chance to speak to each other in our mother tongue (Danish) - Kleenex moment! We had a magical day and I'm so, so happy that the universe made it happen so that Barbara Ann was the one conducting this big day. She did a great job, she provides amazing service - and most important of all: she has a huge heart and she smiles with it too :)

Sent on 11/14/2012

Shannon · Married on 10/27/2012

Barbara gave us the most amazing and personalized and perfect ceremony. After meeting with Barbara for the first time both my husband and I wrote more about each other and our story in secret. Barbara then wove this into the most beautiful and personalized ceremony. When I meet with people who attended our wedding they remark how meaningful and wonderful our ceremony was. It was perfect for us, it showed who we were, what we believed in, and allowed us to truly express how we felt about each other.

Simply put, Barbara has an aura of love about her, you can tell she truly loves what she does and enjoys meeting all the different couples that she can help bring together. She is professional and brings ideas and emotion to your day that I believe is unmatched by any officiant I have ever seen.

Sent on 11/07/2012

PENNI · Married on 10/18/2012

We were married 10-18-12, Barbara as our officiant--- We couldn't of been happier! She was organized, professional and very kind. She offered great suggestions and made things so easy for us. She definitely went above and beyond to make sure that we had a beautiful and personal ceremony. We are so happy we found her and would strongly recommend using her as an officiant!

Sent on 10/21/2012

Nadia · Married on 10/13/2012

Barbara is amazing, she was the perfect wedding officiant we could ever asked for.. From the begining she really tried to incorporate our history into the ceremony and she did an amazing job.. She had incredible ideas about for us, and she really helped us! We would recomend her a millon times, to millions of couples out there!

Sent on 10/19/2012
  • I

Ian · Married on 10/13/2012

Barbara Ann Michaels made my recent marriage to my husband a dream come true. From the first moment I virtually met Barbara over Skype - to the day of my wedding when I saw her running up to give me a huge hug - I never once doubted I had made the right choice. The months and weeks leading up to the big day were filled with happy memories and stories as Barbara personally wrote our ceremony. Every time I had a question - she was there to help us out. As we were planning the wedding half way across the country, this was a huge stress relief. She was an expert with the venue and I never once questioned her suggestions.
    Barbara has truly found her calling as an officiant - and nothing that fate threw at us could ever shake her! Even when a folk band was performing directly next to our wedding venue (as it was in a public space). Not only did Barbara personally get the band to lower their volume and stop playing for our vows - she was able to arrange for them to perform an impromptu first dance for my husband and me. It was something you would see in a movie, and will forever be one of those memories that went from a possible disaster to a moment I will never forget in my entire life.
    All my love to you Barbara! You have a true gift and I thank you for everything you did for us that day (and after)!

Sent on 11/21/2012

Alison · Married on 10/12/2012

We renewed our wedding vows with a ceremony that Barbara helped us write. She was excellent and truly amazing with finding out about us as a couple and family. She used our history together to bring some uniqueness to our day. Barbara made us both feel really at ease. She has a wonderful way with words and understood exactly what we wanted in our ceremony. We would recommend Barbara to anyone as we found her an excellent jester of the peace. Barbara has a wonderful personality which made our day more enjoyable.

Sent on 10/24/2012

Ginger · Married on 10/11/2012

I wanted to plan a surprise wedding for my fiancé and Barbara made it possible beyond my dreams. We collaborated back and forth through emails and phone calls so that she could personalize the wedding. Barbara was extremely inspirational, fun, and creative. Even just the drafts of our ceremony brought tears to my eyes. The day of the wedding couldn't have been more perfect. Barbara took care of every little detail and more. The ceremony was heartfelt and completely personal. It was though we had all known each other for years.

Sent on 10/19/2012

Erin · Married on 09/29/2012

Barbara worked with us to create a ceremony so special and memorable. We knew we were in goods hands when we realized that she really would go to any length to create something that spoke to us as a couple. Her passion was clear from the first day that we met. As nerve wracking as the thought of speaking so personally in front of a crowd of friends and family can be, her presence and words of encouragement helped us to relax and concentrate on enjoying all of the very beautiful moments of our ceremony. What we were even more impressed by was her masterful spontaneity that showed her ability to be in the moment rather than being all pre-planned. It really added that special something to the ceremony and revealed her to be a truly genuine spirit that came across to all of our guests that day. We were so happy with our choice to have her represent us as a couple.

Sent on 10/21/2012

amy · Married on 09/14/2012

We were referred to Barbara by a friend who knew that we wanted a personalized, but non-denominational ceremony. Barbara was extremely professional, thoughtful and flexible. We were very happy that she wanted to know our 'love story" in order to develop a touching ceremony. Many of our friends and family said that they felt that our ceremony reflected us as a couple. We highly recommend Barbara without any reservations.

Sent on 09/30/2012

ely · Married on 08/24/2012

Barbara was so professional, flexible and thoughtful throughout the whole process. We exchanged emails and met once. She was warm, witty, and made you feel at ease. We liked the combination of how she really tried to get to know us and also her transparency with allowing us to view drafts of the ceremony. It was a creative collaboration between all of us. We had lots of questions. She offered answers and many suggestions. We blended two languages into the ceremony and other requests were met seamlessly. Guests commented to us how much they enjoyed the ceremony and how personal it was. Barbara is fantastic I highly recommend her. She made our wedding ceremony everything we wanted and more!

Sent on 09/07/2012

Danny Gary · Married on 07/27/2012

Barbara Ann Michaels hand crafted and executed the ceremony in a masterful way, professionally delivery with class, wit, depth, sincerity, and fullness of purpose, compassion, great joy, care, laughter and an obvious deep connection with us.
    The wedding ceremony far exceeded our expectations and we would not have changed a thing. The months working with Barbara Ann Michaels leading up to the day we met her in person (two days before the wedding) found us enjoying more each communication, each email received and sent, bringing us as a couple closer to her in developing a special bond which ultimately created this unbelievable day for us. She goes far beyond even the high performing officiant....she takes the meaning of getting married to a new and unmatched level. We researched and conducted an extensive search to locate the right person to handle our marriage. One will not find anyone currently practicing better prepared, more knowledgeable, skilled, who values excellence and is a true professional. She embodies love, joy, happiness, celebration and peace. Barbara Ann Michaels is second to none and who she is as a human being makes her on of a kind. Who would not want to have her be their officiant.

Danny and Gary Scaring-Hocevar

Sent on 08/04/2012
  • User2519124 · 2+ years ago

We are so grateful to Barbara! Our family/guests continue to rave about how well Barbara captured the essence of our relationship, told our story, and made our ceremony truly unique. Our guests thought she was one of our close friends because the ceremony captured our personalities so well.

Barbara is a gem-- she guided us along the way, responded to us instantly and met us several times to plan the ceremony. Barbara wrote a ceremony that balanced our love/joy with humor/laughter.

She went the extra mile for us. We spent a lot of time interviewing officiants and none came close to the way Barbara listened to us, gave us ideas, and pulled off the best possible ceremony we could ever imagine.

Our guests can't stop talking about how much they loved our ceremony!

The bonus is that she also looks great in our wedding pictures!

Sent on 08/06/2012

Lucy · Married on 07/14/2012

We discovered Barbara on the Internet. She was professional and joyful from day one. She guided us through writing our ceremony and her positive energy was contagious. We would recommend her to any couple. She is a natural.

Sent on 07/18/2012

Mark · Married on 06/17/2012

Barbara was so amazing and friendly from the getgo. My fiance and I had a Skype meeting with her about what we were looking to do for the ceremony. It was so easy to just get it done while at home. She was so helpful to make everything about us and have it be heartfelt. I don't think there was a dry eye in the place when she officiated over the ceremony, and everyone told us how wonderful they thought she was afterward. Barbara is phenomenal. Go with her. You won't regret it.

Sent on 07/02/2012

Serena · Married on 06/16/2012

Barbara was a very warm, competent, and creative officiant for our wedding at the Prospect Park Boathouse in Brooklyn, and we highly recommend her services. When we first met to discuss the possibility of her performing our wedding, we both felt a genuine connection with Barbara. She was very empathetic, genuinely interested in our conversation, and applied no pressure to hire her whatsoever. After selecting her and picking her weaving wedding option, we had a series of back and forth email discussions about the ceremony including multiple drafts. Although Barbara wrote the overall structure of our ceremony, we wanted to have strong input and we had our own creative ideas that we wanted to try. Barbara was very supportive of this, and together we created what we think was a beautiful ceremony that we received a lot of complements on in regards to its uniqueness and how personal it was. She very successfully weaved our love story in our own words with her own wisdom and sense of humor. Her delivery of the final product was perfect and received much praise from our guests! Two of her ideas that were particularly popular were having the bride and groom speaking in Chinese for part of the ring exchange portion of the ceremony (the bride’s family is of Chinese descent and the groom struggled successfully through it) and a community declaration of marriage where the guests collectively pronounced us man and wife.

The day of the wedding, Barbara was a cool soothing presence. She really handles things in stride. She is a true professional who exuded genuine warmth during the ceremony and afterwards. We are extremely happy with the job she did and would highly recommend her to any couple looking for a ceremony full of genuine warmth and an officiant that is open-minded and willing to work with you and your vision, to give you a ceremony that is beautiful, personal, and genuinely you.

Sent on 08/04/2012

Melinda · Married on 05/26/2012

We found Barbara at a friend's wedding the year before ours. After
    the ceremony, we asked how she knew the bride and groom, assuming by
    the tone of the ceremony that she must be a close friend or family
    member. Once we found out she had only just met the couple in
    preparation for their wedding, we knew we wanted to hire her to
    perform ours. Writing this review, almost three months after our
    wedding, I still get a big smile on my face and tears of joy in my
    eyes. Barbara was fantastic. She worked closely with us to create a
    beautiful, customized ceremony that was personal, sentimental and
    funny. Our guests commented all night about her charm and whit, and
    said that ours was one of the best ceremonies they had ever seen. The
    pictures of the three of us smiling and laughing are worth more than I
    could put into words.

Sent on 08/16/2012

Janice · Married on 05/19/2012

Working with Barbara was a great experience! She is upbeat, imaginative, insightful, flexible and highly professional. She provided us just enough structure and asked just the right quesitons to help us figure out what we really wanted to do in our ceremony. The result was a completely custom work of art that we, and those who attended, will never forget.

Sent on 06/01/2012

Joseph · Married on 04/27/2012

We can't begin to say enough wonderful things about Barbara. From the first time we met we knew that she was right for us. She understood that we wanted our ceremony to be about us, and our relationship, caring and love, and it all truly shined through the evening of our wedding. Our ceremony was unique, funny, and most importantly reflected us as a couple.
    Working with Barbara was a phenominal experience and we would not hesitate to recommend her to any couples looking for an amazing, unique ceremony.
    On a side note, the groom's mother claimed before the ceremony that she wouldn't cry, and Barbara's ceremony had tears streaming down her face. THAT, my friends, is amazing in it's own right!

Sent on 07/12/2012

Victoria · Married on 04/22/2012

Barbara was simply fantastic! From the first meeting through the ceremony she guided us with such an open, creative, and supportive hand. We planned our own ceremony and she was invaluable in helping shape the ceremony to be great for our guests, but more importantly to be completely honest and representative of us and our love. She really was great to help relieve a lot of the stress of the day and someone we trusted all the way.

I would recommend her to anyone looking to make their own unique creative ceremony, especially for artistic types. But she's so experienced, well rounded and flexible that I'm sure she could deliver any type of wedding experience you are looking for.

Thanks Barbara!

Sent on 05/05/2012

Laura · Married on 04/14/2012

We met with several officiants while planning our wedding and Barbara was the only one to really try to get to know us as a couple rather than discuss logistics/prices. She asked us about our first date, our goals as a couple, what was important to us for our wedding day, and so much more. After we chose her as our officiant, she helped us craft a personalized ceremony (neither of us has a religious affiliation) that many of our guests said helped them to learn about us on our wedding day. She was helpful and understanding of our schedules (both work inconvenient hospital hours) and always prompt in responding to our emails. Barbara will do anything and everything she can to make your wedding ceremony desires come true. Our ceremony was exactly what we wanted and it was all thanks to Barbara! Highly recommend without reservation for any couple looking for a touching, personal ceremony!

Sent on 06/24/2012

Joe · Married on 04/06/2012

Barbara was a joy to work with from the first meeting on Skype to discuss our destination wedding, right through to the service and reception. Her friendly, playful personality added much to our service and she was a hit with our friends at our reception.

Sent on 06/13/2012

James · Married on 01/07/2012

To me, the ceremony would the most significant part of our wedding day; the story of our love, our vows, and inclusion of our families. Needless to say I was disappointed when my friend was unexpectedly unable to perform the ceremony. It seemed an impossible feat: To find a perfect stranger to perform a personal and genuine ceremony. We searched relentlessly, and found Barbara. Barbara was a pleasure to work with from the very first conversation. She followed through on our requests and her creative and collaborative style delivered a powerful ceremony that we will never forget. Our friends and families were engaged and entertained, crying and laughing, telling us they loved how unique and personalized the ceremony was to us, as individuals and as a couple. We recommend Barbara without reservation. Thank you Barbara for your contribution to our perfect day.

Sent on 02/11/2012