Amy Kuschel Bride Reviews

Amy Kuschel Bride 7
  • Caity

Caity Shreve · Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful Selection

I'm not a traditional bride and was dreading wedding dress shopping. I made a number of appointments but I knew as soon as I walked into Amy Kuschel that I was home. The dresses are beautiful and high quality, and the selection is wonderful. I wanted something simple and classic, and I found it at Amy's. A great staff and a wonderful donation program made this a great experience.

Sent on 06/27/2019

Sarah · Married on 11/10/2018

Beautiful Delicate Dresses!

I bought my wedding dress here for my November 10th wedding, and I am so glad I did! I came here a few times as I was looking for my dream dress, I wanted something simple and romantic, but extremely beautiful and delicate. I ended up getting the Phoebe dress with a off the shoulder lace topper, and it was exactly as I had envisioned it. The staff was always incredibly friendly and helpful, and I always enjoyed coming up to the city for my appointments.

I would highly recommend for a one of a kind dress!

Sent on 12/20/2018
    Amy Kuschel Bride 8
    Amy Kuschel Bride 9
    Amy Kuschel Bride 10
    Amy Kuschel Bride 11
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/29/2018

Highly recommend!

Amy Kuschel was a dream experience. Everyone there was very sweet, helpful, and professional. Even Amy herself took the time to help me and make my experience easier and more personal. They were so accommodating and I’m so happy with how everything turned out!

Sent on 10/19/2018
    Amy Kuschel Bride 12
    Amy Kuschel Bride 13

Ashley · Married on 08/11/2018

I loved my experience with Amy Kuschel. First off, the space is lovely. Secondly, the people who work there are so kind and great. The first time I went in, I had to go by myself (family on other coast), but they were so welcoming and warm. I tried on my dress and fell in love with it. They let me come back MULTIPLE times to try it on for a lot of different people, and still gave a me a discount. When it was just my godmother and I, they even brought us champagne!
    The dresses are very high quality, and they are also willing to help customize. I said at one point in time,"this dress would be perfect if it had buttons!" And then, low and behold, they told me they could custom put on the buttons! I also ended up getting a rehearsal dinner dress from them.
    Amy even drew two different images of the dress for me and signed them, which is a nice little keepsake (I got one when I picked up the dress and another closer to my wedding date).
    I would also like to note, that some places I called ahead to make sure they had sizes to try on (I am a street size 12). Amy had a ton of options that looked great on a girl like me.

Sent on 09/13/2018
    Amy Kuschel Bride 14
    Amy Kuschel Bride 15
    Amy Kuschel Bride 16
    Amy Kuschel Bride 17
    Amy Kuschel Bride 18

Emily · Married on 09/16/2017

I LOVE my dress from Amy Kuschel and I loved the experience of finding my dress! I bought a dress off of preownedweddingdresses.com over a year before the wedding and two months before the big day I realized I really didn't love the dress. I was able to get in for a bridal appointment at Amy Kuschel the same day I called and I was shown the Ready to Wed line. I found an incredible dress, the Venice dress with a different lace than is normally used. The shop kindly offered to do the alterations (hem and shorten straps) in house since we were on such a short timeline and I picked the dress up two weeks later - perfect fit! I also found a beautiful veil at the shop. The entire team was incredibly friendly and helpful, it made a very stressful situation enjoyable and easy!

Sent on 10/17/2017
    Amy Kuschel Bride 19
    Amy Kuschel Bride 20
    Amy Kuschel Bride 21
    Amy Kuschel Bride 22

April · Married on 09/10/2016

What an amazing experience!!! Lets start with stepping foot in Amy’s gorgeous showroom, all the natural light, the hardwood floors the beautiful gowns, wow. Wait until you meet her team, especially Teresa Vincent. I live in Portland OR and the closest Amy gowns were located in Seattle. I first came across an Amy gown on Pinterest and I fell in love with Amy’s designs, they were exactly what I was looking for but knew it would be hard to choose they are all so beautiful. While Seattle carried some of her gowns they didn’t carry them all and that is when the crazy idea to head to San Francisco came to life. I had been lucky enough to meet Teresa over the phone when I first called to inquire about Amy’s inventory in Seattle. When I decided to make a trip to CA it just so happened Teresa was there to help my Mom and me as well. What an unexpected and special day Teresa created for us. Part of the magic may have been that many of the Amy dresses I tried on I really liked and they fit so well (a pleasant surprise), but most of all it was Teresa’s passion for what she does, understanding of how important finding a dress you feel amazing in actually is (so she tells you the truth) and helps pull all the other details (undergarments and accessories) together to make the experience so easy and fun. Working with Teresa felt like your best friend was helping you find your perfect dress. We really felt she cared that much. When I went to pick up my dress, Teresa took such care to make sure as we tried it on everything stayed perfect for the big day, she helped me with ideas for my hair and make-up, she was awesome. Last but not least you get a very special gift from Amy herself when you pick up your dress. While I love the dress and loved every minute of wearing it, that little keepsake is one of my favorite momentous! Thank you Teresa and Thank you Amy!! Cheers!

Sent on 11/05/2016
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/17/2016

Amy and her team are the definition of "amazing". I came to Amy Kuschel on search for my wedding dress after being recommended her store from a few friends. I already went to three other bridal stores before I came to Amy Kuschel, and I was feeling a little down since I wasn't finding the one dress I was looking for. The minute I walked in with my parents to Amy Kuschel, not only were we welcomed with smiles but with a beautiful and clean bridal store that felt open and inviting. Natasha (who, is no longer with Amy Kuschel, unfortunately!) was the person on the floor who helped me find my dress. She was very sweet, attentive, and she was able to read my style and what I liked/disliked right away. All of Amy's dresses are clean yet beautiful, classic, elegant, and timeless. There are many accessories (belts, earrings, bracelets, earrings) that Amy also has at her store to add to your bridal look. The minute I put on "Sugar", I knew that was the dress. I couldn't take it off, and luckily Natashia let me prance around in it while we got the paperwork sorted. Additionally, I was one of the last to get the services where they include altering with your dress (now they sell the dresses by sizes where you get it altered at a different store) and had to come back 3 more times for fitting. Although Natashia was gone, I was helped by other members of Amy's team, and even Amy herself, and all were nothing but helpful, welcoming, and professional. My dress was perfect, and I would highly recommend Amy Kuschel to anyone. Thank you, Amy and team, for making my wedding dress dreams come true! :)

Sent on 08/02/2016

Amy · Married on 11/27/2015

Before I was ever engaged- I knew I wanted to get my dress/gown from Amy Kuschel! My sister had gotten her dress there 10 years earlier- and I saw what her experience was like- and wanted to have the same! From my first visit to the Salon to the final fitting- I was treated like a princess! They made me feel as though they only cared about me- and no one else! My dress was tailored to fit ME- and my body in the best way possible. I cannot thank the team at Amy Kuschel enough for all of their attention to detail and making sure that my dress was PERFECT!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Jill · Married on 10/03/2015

My experience at Amy Kuschel was everything I could have wanted. Last fall, I spent a day with my crew of 9 girls travelling to various designers in San Francisco to try wedding dresses. From the moment we walked into the showroom I felt the vibe I had been hoping for all day, but others fell short. Nearly every dress I tried on was stunning, whether it was my personal taste or not, and in the end I wound up with my perfect dress.

If the dresses weren't enough, I worked with Sinead throughout the selection process and she was so wonderful I could have chosen Amy Kuschel for her alone! She is so sweet, likeable and down to earth that she made our whole group enjoy the shopping experience that much more.

My dress turned out beautifully and fit like a glove. On top of it all, they're somehow so much more reasonably priced than nearly all of the other dresses I tried on. All of my friends are set on buying Amy Kuschel dresses and I couldn't agree with them more. I only wish I had another occasion to warrant buying one of their gowns!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Danny · Married on 07/04/2015

Wow. Amy Kuschel offers a state of the art experience from start to finish. The first time I showed up, Theresa Vincent made my day a delightful one. She was knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the process while offering sage wisdom and advice. All of the women there are thoughtful, helpful and gracious. The dress was sassy yet elegant and since it was made for me- literally- it hugged all the right curves. I felt so beautiful on the best day of my life in large part thanks to them!!

Sent on 07/08/2015
  • Sydney

Sydney · Married on 10/10/2014

I highly recommend Amy Kuschel in San Francisco. It was the best experience ever. Having a dress that was handmade right upstairs to fit perfectly to my body was amazing! They truly made me feel special. Each fitting I went to I had the most wonderful time. It was part of the best experience in all of the wedding planning

Sent on 10/18/2014

Liz · Married on 09/13/2014

What a surprise.

I expected to hate the "wedding dress" part of getting married... as someone who's never been terribly into clothes, who's always hated shopping, who's always been relatively uncomfortable in front of mirrors or with "girly" activities... needless to say, I was dreading the entire process.

Then, I showed up for my apt at Amy Kuschel - and Teresa helped me. I can't say enough wonderful things about Teresa and the team. I felt comfortable and happy from the beginning - which is ASTONISHING. Teresa helped me try on a whole variety of dresses, either in sizes that fit me (or were too big!), or for the dresses that they didn't have in the right size, she had all sorts of tricks for helping me get the idea. The dress I ended up ordering was completely custom - the top from one dress, with the skirt silhouette from another dress - and I absolutely adore it.

Thanks to a medical situation, I was quite significantly overweight at the beginning of this process - and managed to lose 46 pounds over the course of the 8 months leading up to the wedding... AFTER I ordered my dress. The team was absolutely incredible about measuring, re-measuring, re-measuring me... and then altering and re-altering my dress over and over again, up until three days before the wedding itself. It ended up fitting me PERFECTLY - much to my complete surprise.

The dress turned out to be everything I ever could have wanted... and I love all the pictures. I was comfortable and happy, and I actually honestly believed that I looked beautiful - for the first time in my adult life. Seriously... what a gift. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Sent on 11/03/2014

I loved Amy Kuschel. I went to a handful of bridal salons but I found my gorgeous dress at this fine san francisco establishmentse. The dresses are affordable and hand-made. I couldn't be happier -- thank you amy kuschel!

Sent on 07/07/2014

Bobbi · Married on 05/25/2014

I cannot say enough about my experience at Amy Kuschel. I was referred to the salon by a friend and am so glad I was! The attention to detail and level of service I received from Alexis and team was extraordinary. They made me feel so special and not like they were just trying to get me in and out. Their couture process was so worth it. The dress was custom made for me! On my wedding day, I got so many comments on my dress. Thank you Amy Kuschel for such a wonderful experience and gorgeous dress.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Katie · Married on 04/26/2014

Buying my wedding dress at Amy Kuschel Bride was an absolute delight! From my first shopping trip to the final fitting, the experience was personal, professional and relaxed.

This was by far the best wedding dress shopping experience I had out of approximately 10 stores. I made an appointment for a Saturday morning and when I arrived was impressed by how calm the shop felt compared to the other stores I had visited. My consultant was respectful of my budget and did a great job helping me select dresses to try. They have a nice range of styles available and many unique looks that you won't see anywhere else.

Once I said yes to the dress, they were very clear about what to expect at every appointment and I always left feeling more excited about our approaching wedding day. This is a team that clearly knows how to make a bride feel special, but in a refreshingly authentic way for the wedding industry.

My Amy Kuschel dress was worth every penny! I would definitely recommend this shop to other brides in San Francisco looking for a high-quality, uniquely beautiful dress and a pleasant purchase experience.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Rebecca · Married on 03/22/2014

I found Amy Kuschel on YELP and happened to schedule it as my first appointment (with the Glamour Closet and Marina Morrison after). The space is classy but comfortable and puts you in a zen state for trying on dresses.

Hope was my consultant and she was incredible, sweet and helpful. She really discovered my ideas of what I envisioned for my dress before pulling dresses. The first dress she had me try in I absolutely LOVED!! I of course then tried on 10-15 more, but nothing made me feel like the first dress. It was below my budget limit, beautifully made and I loved that the dresses are made right upstairs!

My mom, future mother in law and best friend stopped by the Glamour closet (prior to our appointment and browsed the racks but I was unimpressed by the quality vs cost), then went to lunch. Over lunch, I decided to cancel my following two appointments because I had already found my perfect dress.

We decided to "pop" back by Amy Kuschel (without a follow up appointment) and Hope happened to have a few minutes free. She suggested I try the dress on again and I decided then and there to purchase the dress! Hope scheduled my upcoming fitting appointments and I never second guessed my decision. She also gave us a tour through the upstairs (where the gowns are made)!

The fittings themselves were quick and painless and the seamstress was very talented. She measured me, then I came back to try my first "Draft" of the dress. I purchased my sash (so it could be sewn onto the dress) and also my bustier from them.

On my second fitting, the dress was finished and perfect!!! It was over two weeks earlier, which was so nice to have finished so it was one less detail to stress about.

The dress looked beautiful on the wedding day, was easy to bustle and moved beautifully (it was light and easy to move in). It did come with straps (which are gorgeous), though I ended up not wearing them, though I appreciated the flexibility.

One caveat: the dresses on the website

Sent on 04/27/2014

Tara · Married on 09/07/2013

Finding a wedding dress can be one of the more stressful tasks throughout the wedding planning process. However, this was not the case when I decided to go with Amy Kuschel for my wedding dress. Going to the boutique for every single fitting was such an enjoyable experience, and the quality of service throughout the whole process was impeccable. The quality of my gown was insanely high, and the fit was perfect! I received glowing reviews about my gown throughout the entire wedding day, and I didn't want to take it off by the end of the night. Don't even think twice about going with any other boutique for your wedding gown ... go with Amy!

Sent on 09/10/2013
  • User2932044 · 2+ years ago

Amy's work is top-notch! Her staff is great to work with and the quality of work is out of the world. Worth every penny!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Katherine · Married on 08/24/2013

Absolutely LOVED my wedding dress purchasing experience! I worked with Teresa (HIGHLY recommend her, she is fantastic and extremely knowledgable!) and had such a great experience. Each dress is made specifically for the bride, and the quality of the dresses is amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Jennifer · Married on 07/05/2013

I absolutely loved working with Teresa at Amy Kuschel. She's such a pleasure and she's meticulous about every detail of your dress fitting exactly the way you want it to. My experience with Amy Kuschel was nothing short of amazing. I got tons of compliments on my dress that fit perfectly and made me feel beautiful on my big day.

Sent on 08/17/2013

Bea · Married on 06/15/2013

I am so happy with my wedding dress from Amy Kuschel for my June 2013 wedding. My wedding consultants were Megan and Teresa (Megan initially then Teresa most of the time later). They were both so friendly, helpful, and professional. I tried on dozens of dresses during my first visit and went back 2 times before deciding on my dress. Teresa was so patient with me and never pressured me to get my dress. I knew it was the one for me, but was unsure on my second visit and said yes to the dress during the 3rd visit.

Throughout all my fittings, I felt like the Amy Kuschel team really wanted to make sure my dress was perfect. They made minor adjustments up to the last minute, including 1/8 of an inch shortening in the waste to make sure there were no creases.

The service was excellent throughout the process and I felt beautiful on my wedding day. I received so many compliments and couldn't be happier with choosing Amy Kuschel. I highly recommend Amy Kuschel to any bride!

Sent on 07/07/2013

I felt like an absolutely beautiful bride on my big day. The custom dress was perfect, I can't say enough how impressed I was with their work. Highly recommended.

Sent on 05/10/2013

Ali · Married on 09/02/2012

I loved the whole experience at Amy Kuschel, from the moment we walked in and our consultant Katrina started asking questions about the venue and trying to ascertain which styles I would like best. It is so special to have a dress made to your body, and have fittings along the way. I felt amazing in my dress, and my husband loved it!

Sent on 09/16/2012

My experience with Amy Kuschel could not have been better! Wonderful and knowledgeable staff, gorgeous dresses and completely affordable! The dresses are tailor made to your body, right in downtown SF, and the fabric that is used for the dresses is a high quality fabric and you can see and feel the difference between an Amy Kuschel dress and any other dress out there! The fittings are included in the price, which makes buying a dress there extremely affordable! As a bonus, when certain dresses are purchased, she gives money to charity. I would highly recommend Amy Kuschel!

Sent on 07/10/2012

Pure magic. Going into the salon to try on dresses was one of my favorite parts of my entire wedding experience, and the outstanding service is 50% of the reason why I chose to get my gown through Amy Kuschel Bride. The dresses are incredible (they were able to customize my gown so it was exactly what I want, which no other bridal shop was able to offer), the salon is beautiful, and the girls who work there are simply the best. (Thanks, Theresa! :)

Sent on 07/25/2012