Aaron Almendral Photography Reviews

Aaron Almendral Photography 1
Aaron Almendral Photography 2
Aaron Almendral Photography 3

Marissa · Married on 04/30/2011

Aaron was one of the first vendors we booked for our wedding and one of our favorites. I stumbled across him when browsing another wedding review and fell in love with all of their photos. I hesitated to contact him as I was afraid he would be out of my price range but I am SO happy that I did. He was reasonable, professional, and very approachable. We decided to do engagement photos to get used to being in front of the camera and make sure we would be happy and we were blown away. We had a lot of fun running around the village with Aaron and he was excellent at giving direction and feedback (we warned him we would need that) and the photos came out so amazing! There were a lot of emails before the wedding regarding ideas, questions, timeline, etc. and he always replied right away. On the wedding day he was full of great ideas, efficient, receptive, and we got a ton of amazing photos. I highly recommend working with Aaron!

Sent on 01/06/2012
  • Tiffany G.

Tiffany · Married on 10/10/2010

Aaron was absolutely wonderful to work with! He photographed our wedding in October and our engagement photoshoot in April. He's professional, funny, calming, and very creative. He even helped re-bustle my dress at some point during the wedding! I highly recommend his services.

Sent on 11/30/2010

Meghan · Married on 08/28/2010

We simply could not have been happier with Aaron. He was so chill and friendly that we were immediately at ease with him. He was super responsive. He was a wiz at posing and getting the portraits quickly so that we could get to the party. He must be some kind of ninja, because we kept hearing about how no one ever saw him taking pictures, until they needed him and then there he was. And, most importantly, the photos are just incredible. They are so gorgeous! He absolutely captured the spirit of the day, which was our number one priority. And the cost? Unbelievable. What else can I say? Hire him hire him hire him!

Sent on 10/21/2010

Melissa · Married on 08/14/2010

Aaron is fantastic. Leading up to the wedding, he was super-organized and responsive; at the wedding itself, he was extremely low-key but very focused on geting the shots we wanted. And the results? Amazing! Stunning photos that capture the spirit of the event - and serve as true portraits of the wedding party and guests - in exquisite detail.

Sent on 09/24/2010

Sabrina · Married on 07/18/2010

Having Aaron as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding. His prices are very reasonable, and you get a lot for what you pay for. He was very quick to respond to any of my questions. We got a package with an engagement session included. The photos from the wedding and the engagement session came out phenomenal. We also used a photo booth provided by Aaron at the wedding. I would highly recommend this. The guests loved it! Aaron and his team brought lots of fun props (wigs, masks, etc) and a funky background. He organized everything and our guestbook has pictures of all of our guests in crazy costumes. It was fun! He was very professional and unobtrusive. I would recommend him in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/24/2010

Phoebe · Married on 08/23/2008

I can't say enough how awesome Aaron Almendral was as our wedding photographer. His prices were by far the best we found, and the photos are lovely. Best of all, he was on time, polite, flexible, and completely unobtrusive the entire night. My husband's big concern was that we'd have to pose for annoying photos all night - we didn't. Aaron's candids are just the photojournalistic style we wanted. Perfect!

Sent on 10/09/2008

Christine · Married on 08/08/2008

Great photographer. He responded to our concerns asap. He was on time and made the entire bridal party feel comfortable. We got our photos in a months time! We love the quality and we believe that we got a great deal for what we paid.

Sent on 09/01/2008
  • Joanne

Joanne · Married on 10/31/2013

We have used this photographer in the past and his results are just as expected. Aaron makes you feel comfortable and flexible around your schedule. He gives great recommendations for places in the NYC area to capture great moments. For our engagement shoot, he was able to work with my husband to get him to relax and take the photos that I wanted for our shoot. Aaron is always on time. I would work with him again.

Sent on 11/17/2013

Mary · Married on 05/18/2013

One of the things I stressed over the most when planning our wedding was choosing a photographer. Of the ones that were still open on our date, we talked to a few. We were unable to meet in person because we don’t live locally. That made things awkward at time, but chatting with Aaron left us the most at ease, which we figured would be a good thing in front of the camera. All communication was quick and clear – something I learned is very rare from wedding vendors!

The price is incredible for what you get. Our pictures are beautiful and we received 500 retouched color and black and white pics, with 1000+ additional non-retouched. Without watermarks!

Everyone enjoyed having Aaron there on the wedding day. Half the time, we didn’t even realize he was there, and he captured everything perfectly.

Sent on 07/19/2013
  • Cherry

Cherry · Married on 03/19/2011

Aaron was recommended to us from our wedding coordinator Christine Viola. We wanted to have a photostation for the reception, and it was a HUGE hit. Aaron brings wigs and props for the the photostation. We preferred a photostation vs a photobooth due to the value and the fact that we could fit more group shots vs a photobooth. I highly recommend hiring Aaron, very professional and easy to work with. When comparing his fees, he was the most competitive. We will be getting a DVD of the the photos in the mail, while the guests get a printed out copy at the reception. As the evening went on and the drinks kept coming those pictures got funnier and funnier:)

Sent on 04/05/2011

Meagan · Married on 05/30/2015

I would recommend Aaron Almendral in a heartbeat! He photographed both our engagement session, and our wedding day. We found him through our friends, who had him photograph their wedding two years before. He was so wonderful to work with -- patient, friendly, professional and very clear in his direction. I always felt that he was very respectful of our space, and in no way felt obtrusive. He has such a great rate for his service.

His photos have a lovely artistic flair to them, which is exactly what we were going for. He really knew how to work the space we got married in, the Metropolitan Building, in LIC... which was fantastic.

Sent on 06/10/2015

Deirdre · Married on 10/10/2009

When we were meeting with photographers, their personality meant just as much as the work they were showing us. We felt immediately at ease with Aaron and his laid back vibe. Plus, he didn't push for extra assistants for our big wedding, letting us know that he had handled weddings of that size (200+) before with no problem.

Aaron was such a professional the day of our wedding. Showed up on time (v. important), took the pictures we wanted him to take (posed plus lots of candids), was respectful to our families in posing of the pictures (where feelings can get hurt) and we had a great session of just us and aaron in between the church and party.

Also, in dealing with state parks, we thought we had it covered with permits, but New York is really tricky. This is where I took off stars, but he covered by dealing with a crowded park (Brooklyn Bridge) and came out with great photos. In other people's photos of us, you can see a crowd behind us, but in Aaron's photos, you can't even tell they are there.

We got our pictures within a few weeks, he touched up at least 250 out of 1600 photos and we got all of the originals on cds we can keep. Amazing. Hire him.

Sent on 05/03/2010

Aaron was great! He did both our wedding photos and engagement photos. I like his photo journalistic style. Our photo booth was a big hit! Loved the albums.

Sent on 01/06/2013

Deena · Married on 05/16/2010

3.5

Lots of great photos and a price you can't beat!

Sent on 06/19/2010