with valerie is a bespoke wedding planning company located in Queens, New York founded by NC-native turned fellow New Yorker Valerie Leung. Specializing in small and intimate celebrations, Valerie offers services of coordinating, designing, and styling weddings or related events involving a union of any two people. Whether from cozy rustic to industrial farmhouse to city-chic (all touching upon her southern flair and city charm!), all sorts of these beloved types of weddings and events are welcomed. She prides herself in creating an unforgettable event for you and your guests, while also making sure any problems that arise are completely controlled and taken care of... with love and with Valerie, the most "zen" coordinator of them all ;) -- take a peek at the reviews!
with valerie mainly offers Month-of & Day-of Coordination services for weddings, as well as planning for other types of related events on a case-by-case basis, depending on your needs. A list of her services include:
This company offers to coordinate a variety of a different weddings. These include last-minute elopements, civil, cultural and non-religious celebrations.
Recommended by 99% of couples
2 User photos
Diana · Married on 10/05/2019
Working with Valerie was amazing. She is super organized, detail oriented, responsive, and thinks of everything you need/would never think of yourself. She does this all with a positive attitude. Valerie was wonderful with taking initiative with my vendors and handled them all perfectly. I worried about literally nothing on my wedding day because of Valerie. Everything went super smoothly. Highly recommend and would work with her again in a heartbeat!Sent on 10/09/2019
Natalie Greenberg · Married on 09/08/2019
Thorough and Efficient Wedding Coordinator!
We wanted a Wedding Day-Of Coordinator to ensure our wedding went smoothly and no friends/family had to really "work." I spoke with 3 coordinators in the NYC area, and Valerie came across as the most organized with the best cost value.Sent on 09/27/2019
She started working more robustly with us 6-8 weeks prior to the wedding. She organizes herself with multiple shared Google docs/tabs. She follows up with EVERY.SINGLE.DETAIL that you would never think of yourself (unless you work in the wedding industry). She remains available via phone/text/email and reminds you to stay calm despite your planning circumstances.
On the actual wedding day, she was thorough, present, calm and warm. She gives you time reminders throughout the evening and ultimately feels like another wedding guest partaking in the joyous occasion. I was prepared for some things to be out of my control and go "wrong", but honestly I was shocked at how smooth the night went with very minimal hiccups.
I would HIGHLY recommend Valerie if you are looking for someone incredibly organized, thorough and assertive. With so many moving parts at stake during a wedding, these qualities are key.
Caroline L · Married on 09/01/2019
Seriously AMAZING, made every aspect of wedding enjoyable
I remember wondering if I really needed a wedding planner/day of coordinator. And I am SO GLAD we hired Valerie. She is the one vendor that I am the most grateful we had for our wedding. Why?Sent on 09/05/2019
1. She is the reason I got to enjoy my wedding day SO MUCH! Valerie makes it so the day goes by so smoothly, her timeline leaves plenty of room and time to actually enjoy every aspect of the day. Never once did I feel rushed: from getting ready, to first look, to family photos. Everything was SEAMLESS.
2. She’ll ask your vendors questions you never thought you needed to ask. This helps to make the wedding day that you have in mind- come into fruition
3. Detail oriented: there is a detailed spreadsheet that has everything organized. Ex. There were personal items that I wanted to make sure I didn’t forget at he end of the night. She asked me to list them (and she listed some common items as well) and all was packed and ready for me to take into the car by the time the event ended!
4. Reception: she had everything planned and was on top of making sure we stick to the timeline in a way that did not feel rushed or hurried. She has a calming demeanor about her, and is always focused. Ex. When it was time to cut the cake, she would let me know that in 5-7 mins - we would cut the cake. It just felt so easy. There were many guests at the end of the night who asked me about her info for her DOC Services.
5. Ceremony- she created the entire timeline of ceremony based on what I wanted to include in the ceremony she even coordinated the rehearsal. And would give recommendations we didn’t think of that made the whole experience even better. For ex. Our ceremony was at the Botanical gardens, she suggested a cooler with water bottles for guests. We did that - all the water was gone and it was a bit hot out that time. It made such a huge difference for guests.
In summary, she was the best thing we did for our wedding day and I would definitely recommend hiring her if you want to enjoy every minute of your wedding day. If you’re hesitant, I would say DO IT. That’s the advice I would give my past self. Again, I truly know that te reason our wedding was so spectacular was because we had Valerie’s expertise