Costa Mesa, CA 92627 Map · Phone number

About The Purple Tree

Lori Yohe is a seasoned Southern California and Destination wedding photographer.  While she loves her backyard that encompasses Santa Barbara to San Diego and everything in between, she jumps at the opportunity to call new places her playground.  Lori favors a role of storyteller over "picture taker" and prides herself on revealing and capturing her clients' stories authentically as art.  Whether that is at her many weddings that she photographs, or in the studio capturing a simpler but equally important moment in someone's life, she shoots from the heart and it shows in her work.  From her playful nature with her clients to her whatever-it-takes approach to her craft, she is truly willing to go above and beyond for a moment captured.

Follow The Purple Tree on

• Geoff Rivers Photography
  • Chris + Jenn Photos
  • Brandon Toma Photography

4 Reviews for The Purple Tree

Stephanie · Married on 06/28/2014

Lori is a true gem. I was so happy that my now husband and I hired her to photograph our outdoor wedding. Lori has an amazing eye and was able to capture the all the most special details of our event. I also love that she doesn't use a flash when photographing, which results in spectacular natural lighting. Her nighttime shots of twinkle lights, oak trees and the starry sky took my breath away.

A great service that Lori provides is an engagement shoot before the wedding. It was the perfect way for all of us to get to know each other and to become comfortable in front of the camera. It definitely helped us prepare for the hundreds of photos that were taken of us on our wedding day.

During our event, Lori provided excellent direction and was able to corral a lot of people into the family photos...not an easy feat. She also located the most beautiful little areas of the wedding venue so that our photos turned out beautiful and unique. I highly recommend her if you are planning a wedding and need a photographer who really knows her stuff. Thanks again Lori!

Sent on 08/10/2014

Melissa · Married on 07/20/2013

I would (and have!) recommend Lori Yohe for ALL your wedding photography needs! I'm gonna be straight here, wedding photography is expensive. I say this bluntly because the first thing couples try to do when they realize this truth is they try to find an amateur photographer/family friend to take their photos on the cheap. Let me tell you, hiring a professional photographer is WORTH EVERY PENNY- and hiring someone as professional, sweet, fun, energetic, and unbelievably GIFTED as Lori, IS PRICELESS. Not only are Lori's photos simply breathtaking and look like they could grace the cover of any wedding magazine, but Lori herself is absolutely wonderful to work with. She is genuine, caring, patient, thorough, energetic, organized and goes WAY above and beyond to make sure your special day is PERFECT. I can also attest that her second shooters carry the same high quality and professionalism as she does. Hiring Lori as our wedding photographer was the best decision my husband and I made together (other than saying 'I DO'!), and we are so happy to have the beautiful visual memories to keep for a lifetime!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Lyndsay · Married on 04/27/2013

Lori captured every detail of our wedding day perfectly! She does an amazing job capturing those moments that can never be recreated. We knew Lori was our photographer as soon as we saw our friends wedding photos. Being a photographer myself, I wanted a photographer that had an eye for taking photos that were not staged and Lori does an amazing job at this.

Whether you are looking for someone to take wedding photos, or just capture that special moment, Lori is IT. Not only is she a great photographer, but she is very professional and open to your input and ideas. These are your photos anyway. On the day of our wedding she and her assistant were on point. They truly did an outstanding job dealing with all the various photo requests. We had so much anticipation waiting to see our photos and we were head over heals for them. They are absolutely amazing and every time someone thumbs through our wedding album it is nothing but compliments on the “real” look to all of the photos.

Lori is very passionate about her work and it shows in all aspects. We cannot thank our friends enough for recommending her for our special day, and we would recommend her to anyone looking for a professional photographer.

Sent on 09/04/2014

• Tessa Lyn Events Wedding Planners

Professional, talented and efficient... all that you want in a photographer!

• Costa Mesa, 92627 See on map
    Location of (The Purple Tree)