Troy, MI 48099 Map · Phone number
  • Photos
  • Real Weddings 1

2 Reviews for St. Thomas More Catholic Church

Lynne · Married on 06/26/2004

Father Belczak has been my priest since I made my first communion. It was an honor to have him marry me and my husband. As always, his homolies are personal, witty, and relevant. He truly made what can sometimes be a stiff and boring religious ceremony into a memorable event that was fun but also a traditional catholic wedding.

Sent on 08/13/2008
  • ASanAntonio

Agnes · Married on 12/15/2018

Contemporary Catholic

Choosing to have a religious Catholic ceremony for the wedding was, by far, the largest personal investment we made as a couple. When I say personal investment, I am talking about time and commitment to the parish. Our Catholic parish was strict in demanding we participate by going to mass at least once a week, proven attendance by donation envelopes, and this is after formally enrolling as parishioners. In addition to continuous attendance for 9-12 months, couples are required to attend a full 8-hour day seminar with other engaged couples, then at least 2 meetings with a presiding priest. Our priest happened to be Father Mike, who is just the most courteous man you'll ever meet. There's only one coordinator there, Pam, and she also arranges the parish baptisms. Point being that you'll probably have to try to reach her multiple times. Ceremony music is also provided by the church singer (Lisa) and pianist, and it's mandatory to utilize them specifically because they have a set list of songs to play during the event. Last note I'll bring up is that it's a beautiful church (as also noted by our guests), but it's far from main Las Vegas locations like Downtown or the Strip.

Sent on 01/07/2019