Ann Arbor, MI 48103 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing
  • Deals 1

Other couples have also viewed

• Trudi Cooper - Minister of the Peace
  • Marriage in His name
  • Down The Aisle Ceremonies
  • bridesORgrooms
e2baa4ea554b7cf5 Smitten State Weddings Logo White
A summer wedding under a maple tree
Photo by Sunny Days Photography (2017)
A summer wedding under a maple tree Photo by Sunny Days Photography (2017)
A literary wedding in a used bookstore
Photo by Charlie Edwards (2017)
A literary wedding in a used bookstore Photo by Charlie Edwards (2017)
e2baa4ea554b7cf5 Smitten State Weddings Logo White
A summer wedding under a maple tree
Photo by Sunny Days Photography (2017)
A summer wedding under a maple tree Photo by Sunny Days Photography (2017)

14 Reviews for Smitten State Weddings

1 User photo

Ashley C. · Getting married on 08/12/2021

Emily Gets It

My now-husband and I chose to elope not only due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but also on account of my very tenuous health. We handed Emily a near-impossible set of tasks: craft a socially-distanced ceremony that captures the spirit of a complex, decades-long relationship in roughly 2 weeks. She accepted the challenge with joy and grace.

In just a few short emails, video chats, and interview questions, Emily composed a ceremony with the perfect balance of weight and levity, capturing a dynamic my husband and I built to weather everything from our carefree undergrad days to our recent battles facing terminal illness. Her ceremony was so perfectly tailor-made that members of our family even asked if we’d written it ourselves and simply handed it to her! (Not possible – it was far too nicely done!)

In short, Emily *gets* people. She loves them. She genuinely wanted to learn our story, respected our stringent COVID protocols, and even enjoyed (virtually) meeting our dogs. Most importantly, she valued my experiences as a disabled woman and at no point made me feel lesser than my partner (or herself). She took an occasion that could have brought mixed emotions and ensured it only brought happiness. We cannot thank her enough.

Sent on 02/12/2021
  • Seantel

Seantel P. · Getting married on 05/04/2021

Patrick and Seantel Wedding!

I worked close with Emily who provided me and my husband Patrick with a great ceremony. The ceremony featured jumping the broom, vows, laughs, and cries. However, what prompted all these great events during my wedding was the lovely and profoundly informative program Emily presented. The way she took our experiences and wrote them into our ceremony was beyond beautiful. You'll get no better experience and the price is really too low for the amount of time and quality she puts into the ceremony. Loved my experience and now she's going to be a honorary member of my family!

Sent on 05/01/2019

S V · Married on 08/09/2020

Wonderful Ceremony !

Finding a wedding officiant to capture the intention of your ceremony is not easy. Finding the perfect officiant even harder. But we did and truly just by good fortune. So, this review is to help all of you out there with the search. We highly recommend Smitten State Wedding, specifically Emily, who was our officiant. We were married in a private ceremony on the west side of the State, overlooking Lake Michigan, August 30, 2020. Prior to our ceremony, we met Emily virtually (Zoom) and immediately felt comfortable with her. We wanted a customized ceremony and elected to provide a narrative of our stories to Emily. With that information, we had her write our ceremony for us, with the exception of our vows. Emily truly has a gift for writing and her time and effort preparing our ceremony was evident. Her enthusiasm and genuine love for performing our marriage made it perfect. Emily is wonderful.

Sent on 09/08/2020

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Smitten State Weddings Pricing

Smitten State Weddings Price Rates

Smitten State Weddings FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 75.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 50.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    No Denomination
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    MI
  • What languages do you speak?
    German

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Smitten State Weddings 1
    Free mini-set of professional wedding photos!
    Free mini-set of professional wedding photos with most ceremony packages for a limited time!

• Ann Arbor, 48103 See on map
    Location of (Smitten State Weddings)