Fr. Chris Yaw, Wedding Officiant

Bloomfield Hills, MI View map Visit website
2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,500 Typical Price

Fr. Chris Yaw is a Wedding Officiant based in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan.

One of the greatest determiners of your happiness in life is the person you chose to marry. This magical, spiritual and love-filled choice of forever partner should be reflected in your wedding ceremony.

This means, that the special individual who conducts your wedding, who sets the tone, who provides caring oversight to the cadence of the flow, who officiates your ceremony is of prime importance.

After all, weddings are not simply a chance to celebrate the union of two lovers, but to give honor and thanks to the One who brought you together. Marriage is a deeply spiritual experience, and one that needs to be valued as such in ways that are comfortable, open and inclusive for your guests in celebration of what God has done in making two lives, one.

My name is Reverend Chris Yaw, ThM, MDiv. And my passion is bringing couples together in Christian marriage. In my 20 years of ordained ministry I’ve celebrated dozens of weddings domestically and internationally. I find few things as satisfying as bringing peace and calm to an admittedly stressful day, and allowing the light and joy of Christ to shine through two lovely people, enjoyed and celebrated.

I am happy to orchestrate themed weddings, same-gender weddings, and destination weddings. My services also include pre-marital counseling which helps deepen your relationship and offers the precious opportunity to create a bespoke ceremony weaving in your relationship story, family history, faith, and future dreams.

I truly love getting to know the couples that I have the privilege of marrying. Do not be surprised if we become longtime friends. This is more than a job for me, it is a vocation, a sacred calling to witness and to bless one of life's most sacred moments.

Please review my website for additional details, reviews, and rates. And if you sense that we are a good match, drop me a line, I would love to meet you and help you in your journey.

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$1,500

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Rehearsal
Premarital Counseling

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$1,500

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$1,500

What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?

$200

What services do you provide?

Premarital Counseling

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Anglican
No Denomination
Orthodox Christian
Presbyterian
Quaker

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

30-60 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

MI
VA

What languages do you speak?

English
illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

• Meghan
    Meghan J. Married on 09/17/2022

The Perfect Person to Share Your Story

From our first meeting with his as a newly engaged couple we knew that he was the perfect person to marry us! He has a way with connecting with everyone in the room and makes everyone feel special and involved! So many friends and family have come up to us and have told us how beautiful the ceremony was and how personal it was to us as a couple. We are so grateful for Fr. Chris! Thank you for making our wedding day so special!

Fr. Chris Yaw, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Meghan - You and Robert are such a joy to be with, and so wonderful to work with. What an honor to be able to officiate your wedding. Thank you for these kind words.
    Megan B. Married on 09/10/2022

Absolutely Perfect!

Fr. Chris Yaw was AMAZING! There were people asking for his card when the ceremony was over he is that good :) He really took the time to get to know my husband and I and brought in stories to the ceremony that brought tears to our eyes. There was laughter and happiness all around. Couldn't have been better.

Fr. Chris Yaw, Wedding Officiant's reply:

Megan! You are too kind. I had so much fun working with you and John, what a fantastic couple you are. Your triumphs over adversity are so inspiring. I consider it such a blessing and joy to get to know your wonderful families. I look forward to making more memories as time goes by!
  • illustration stars

Team

Fr. Chris Yaw
Fr. Chris Yaw
Wedding Officiant

We are never nearer to God than when we love.

So helping couples channel that God-given love into an inspiring, bespoke ceremony is my passion.

I so enjoy seeing couples in love, making the most important promises of their lives. Co-creating meaningful, Christ-centered wedding ceremonies is my passion.

I am an Episcopal priest and hold 2 masters degrees in theology and before my ordination more than 20 years ago, I worked as an Emmy award winning journalist.

Weddings are a celebration of life's greatest relationships. If you want a joyful celebration where a couple is affirmed and blessed - by me and all your guests - then you might like a wedding that I officiate.

I am married to the world's greatest wife, have 3 children, and am grateful our cat allows me to live under the same roof.

If this sounds like a good fit, do contact me at revchrisyaw@gmail.com or call or text at 313-585-4840. God bless you on your journey.

6180 W. Surrey Road Bloomfield Hills, MI, 48301
Location of (Fr. Chris Yaw, Wedding Officiant)

Other vendors in Detroit for your wedding