A Simple Ceremony

Chelsea, MI View map Visit website

$375 Typical Price

Stacey specializes in non-religious and LGBTQ+ ceremonies and elopements. She has been serving the Ann Arbor area as a wedding officiant since 2009. Working closely with couples to create customized ceremonies and vows, she strives to honor their one-of-a-kind love stories throughout every element of her service.

A Simple Ceremony provides officiating services for custom ceremonies, rehearsal coodination, elopements and spur of the moment pop-up weddings. Stacey will ensure that every detail of your service is carefully considered and reflective of your personalities and wishes.

• LGBTQ+-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$375

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$250

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$250

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Earth-Based
No Denomination

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

CA
FL
MI

What languages do you speak?

English

4.9 out of 5 rating

• Claire
    Claire E. Married on 05/28/2022

Helped us create OUR ceremony

Can't say enough good things about Stacey. We went into the experience not really knowing what kind of ceremony we wanted. Stacey met with us over Zoom a couple of times to talk things through, and she helped us create a ceremony that would be meaningful to us. She wrote a beautiful script that seamlessly incorporated the readings and rituals we wanted to include. The ceremony went perfectly, and family and guests told us how much they loved it. We would absolutely recommend working with Stacey!
    Ann Married on 09/25/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Stacey did an excellent job officiating my wedding! She lets you customize your ceremony however you want it and has lots of material to choose from as well. After the wedding, the guests were all complimenting how well she did and asking for the readings. It couldn't have turned out more perfect!
  • illustration stars

Team

Stacey Swickerath
Stacey Swickerath
Owner

I've married over 300 couples since the first in 2014, and truly no two weddings are the same.

My focus has always been helping atheist/agnostic and LGBTQ couples because it's part of who I am. Most importantly, however, I started doing this to help people make their wedding a reflection of themselves, doing what they want, saying words that are meaningful to them, tradition be darned. I do like to challenge social norms, even if only in subtle ways.

In my spare time I do a lot of gardening, growing herbs and veggies in my front yard, hanging out with my dog, philosophising about life and the universe, outdoorsy stuff, and just a variety of random projects. Laughter and positive thinking play a big role in my life!

Rondo String Quartet Rondo String Quartet Wedding Musicians

We had the pleasure of working with Stacey recently and were impressed with the way she spoke about the couple on a personal level. It was clear that she had taken the time to get to know them and created a wedding ceremony that fit their needs and interests. It made it meaningful for the couple and their guests. She was clearly very experienced and a delight to work with throughout the event.

1 Main St Chelsea (approx. location) Chelsea, MI, 48118
Location of (A Simple Ceremony)

Other vendors in Detroit for your wedding