A Simple Ceremony Reviews

123 | Dexter, MI

123 Reviews for A Simple Ceremony

123 A Simple Ceremony Reviews

Courtney · Married on 10/27/2017

We hired Stacey on very short notice after our original officiant flaked 2 days before the wedding. I talked to her for about 15-20 minutes on the phone and felt so much better about things running smoothly. We had a really small wedding and didn’t plan on having any readings, but after browsing through Stacey’s website, it’s like a light went off in my head and I thought “this is going to be the best effing wedding ever!” And it was! And it was because the readings fit mine and my husband’s personalities. Don’t let anyone tell you it has to be find a certain way. Be as unconventional as you want and hire Stacey because she gets it.

Teresa · Married on 10/15/2017

Stacey was a pleasure to work with: prompt and professional, yet very personable. The ceremony was exactly what we had hoped for! Her words were just right, and her tone was welcoming, positive, and kind. We will have great memories of our ceremony thanks to Stacey.

Kai · Married on 10/14/2017

Stacey did an amazing job officiating our ceremony. We read through several of her ceremonies and ended up piecing a few of them together to fit our personalities. She had absolutely no problem doing that. We also had her help out with a rehearsal the day before. My entire bridal party was all men and she helped us figure out the best way to get 6 guys down the aisle without it looking corny. It ended up raining on the day of our wedding, so all the outdoor rehearsing we did had to be tweaked for an indoor ceremony, but once again, Stacey did a great job managing everyone. I really liked that she asked all the guests to silence their phones, pronounced both our names properly, and asked how we would like to be announced right after the marriage. She didn't just assume we wanted to be announced as Mr and Mrs Trower (which I absolutely did not want). Bottom line, Stacey is awesome at her job and is very willing to work with you to give you a beautiful ceremony.

Ann · Married on 09/30/2017

Stacey did a great job, poised, calm, great pacing, good coaching on how to personalize the ceremony. Highly recommend

Kim · Married on 08/19/2017

She was absolutely wonderful to work with and very professional. I would refer her without a doubt.

Lindsay · Married on 07/15/2017

Stacy was amazing! She was so easy to work with, was always prompt with emails and. My wife and I are so happy that we were able to connect with her and have her as a part of our special day. Thank you for making everything run so smooth, even though we had a very large wedding party!

A Simple Ceremony 1
    A Simple Ceremony 2

Brittany · Married on 07/15/2017

Stacey provided exactly the type of ceremony that we were hoping to find! It was personalized and very well written. She did a great job with the rehearsal and was prompt and professional with all communication. Our ceremony was never a point of stress for me, and I really thank her for that. Even when the harpist hadn't arrived yet and it was 20 minutes before the ceremony, she was quick to let me know it would be alright and we'd find another option. Luckily the harpist arrived and all was OK, but she calmed my fears. As a same-sex couple, we were worried about finding someone that would make sure our ceremony felt as special as other weddings we had been to, and Stacey came through 100%. We felt like she was genuinely happy for us, and even gave us a keepsake marriage ceremony book. I couldn't recommend her highly enough!

A Simple Ceremony 3

John · Married on 06/11/2017

Stacey was wonderful! She helped us get just the ceremony we wanted, and was always responsive and on time. Thanks for helping make our day so special!

Lisa · Married on 06/11/2017

Stacy was great. Our ceremony was perfect and completely reflected our values. We would highly recommend Stacy to anyone who needs a non-religious officiant.

A Simple Ceremony 4

E · Married on 06/10/2017

This experience was a pleasure. Stacey had a wide range of ideas and support available as we wrote our ceremony. She was especially calm, centered and present on our big day and it made for a beautiful ceremony.

That · Married on 06/04/2017

Stacey is simply sublime. She's open, responsive, communicative, and creative. We were seriously impressed from first contact until we walked off as Husband and Wife. We couldn't ask for more! If you're non-traditional, a bit left of field, or just a bit wacky, she's the officiant for you.

A Simple Ceremony 5

Amanda · Married on 05/13/2017

Stacey was great, would definitely recommend. We did a Skype call to meet her (we lived far away), and felt comfortable that she would do a good job (this was after we chose to say no to a different officiant after meeting him). She was prompt, professional, and several people after the ceremony commented how well-run the ceremony was. She also came to our rehearsal and made sure everyone was prepared for the next day. She's great, especially if you're looking for a non-religious ceremony.

B · Married on 05/07/2017

Stacey from A Simple Ceremony gave us everything we were looking for - she was super professional, friendly and made our day very special.

Tom · Married on 05/07/2017

Stacey was great and worked with us through everything to help us share the wedding vows that were about us. It was perfect. When we called last second to cancel an appointment because our daughter threw up on the couch, Stacey scheduled a phone interview with us. She gave us leeway to write certain parts, and added her own lovely words. Couldn't have been better.

Sarah · Married on 03/11/2017

Stacey was wonderful to work with. She was very attentive, willing to listen to how we wanted out ceremony and was very flexible. She did an excellent job at conducting our ceremony and all of our guests had the highest compliments. She really made it our own and was great at advising if needed. I would recommend her to any one in a heartbeat!!!

Johnny & Michelle · Married on 11/25/2016

Stacey is a kind and wonderful person. We wrote our own ceremony and she brought it to life. Our wedding day was perfect and she was a big part of that. We found ourselves without an officiant two weeks before our wedding. Stacey not even being in Michigan at the time, was there for us and after a few phone conversations and an e-mail had her confirmed. We can't thank her enough!
    Johnny and Michelle

Lauren · Married on 05/21/2016

We are so happy to have found Stacey! She was easy to work with and created a beautiful ceremony for us. Everyone actually complimented us on how special and unique our ceremony was. It was definitely "us". Thanks Stacey!

Melissa · Married on 04/23/2016

Stacey was an absolute joy to work with! She was excited to be apart of our wedding and extremely professional and knowledgeable, not to mention personable and friendly. She was very helpful in showing us how we could make our wedding creative and unique to us, and she made us feel comfortable. The wedding turned out just like we wanted it to. We highly recommend Stacey to anyone who is looking for an officiant!

• User6199400 · 2+ years ago

Stacey worked with my partner and I to create a ceremony that reflected our personal attitudes. We were planning our wedding from Australia to take place in Ann Arbor, MI. Stacey was accessible by email and phone to us. We would suggest an idea to her. Afterwards, she would come back with very thoughtful comments on how that might be perceived by our audience.

John and I were married at the Matthaei Botanic Gardens on December 19, 2015 with a total of 19 people in attendance. It was everything both of us could have ever wished for. Stacey played a large part in making that day so special. She is charismatic and presented herself professionally and yet warmly to our guests. Thank you Stacey!

Lindsay · Married on 11/07/2015

Stacey was wonderful! I would recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant. Stacey helped me write the perfect ceremony for my wedding. The whole experience was easy and unforgettable.

Susan · Married on 10/25/2015

Stacey was great to work with. She was not only a well-spoken officiant for our ceremony; she took the time to help as a mistress of ceremony as well. She checked in on me as the bride to alert me when we were ready to begin, helped gather our small group of 25 guests for the ceremony itself, and even assisted our photographer when it came time for group shots. She definitely went above and beyond what was expected of her, and did so voluntarily. We couldn't have been happier with her and her services. Thank you, Stacey!

Kelsey · Married on 10/04/2015

Stacey was a fabulous officiant. She was super easy going, very willing to make our ceremony just how we wanted, and she absolutely nailed it at our wedding. She definitely practiced the ceremony beforehand as she didn't stumble once, and she came prepared with the ceremony printed out in a cute little book and even had our vows printed out in case my husband or I forgot them. She took care in mailing off our marriage license so we didn't have to worry about a thing afterward!

She was very professional and kind. I would definitely recommend Stacey as an officiant!

Rick · Married on 09/27/2015

Stacey Swickerath was a very good officiant. made us feel very comfortable and was very personable. SHE ALSO TAYLORED OURS VOWS TO FIT US. George And I were very happy with her.

We are extremely satisfied. Stacey is excellent. Many guests have told us it was the best wedding they had ever attended. It is a wonderful memory !!!

Stacey was wonderful and made our day that much more perfect. We truly cannot imagine having had anyone else officiate our wedding, and our guests raved about her. I recommend her to everyone!