6170 Courtland, Okemos, MI 48864 Map · Phone number

About Pastor Phillip Rogers

QUESTION: Why are more than 600 couples STILL SMILING? I have officiated over 600 weddings in the last 30 years and feature a nondenominational emphasis with a highly personal touch. I believe that every bride and groom deserve a WOW factor concerning their officiant. If you are looking for someone who will IMPACT the hearts of those attending and INSPIRE the bride and groom...look no further. I will bring energy, emotion, and expertise to help make your wedding one of the BEST days of your life! I live near Lansing, Michigan but have done weddings all across Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and beyond. Even in San Francisco.

Experience

I was raised in a pastor’s home and have been around wedding ceremonies all of my life. I am an MSU grad (Go Green) and later graduated with a master's degree in theology from Southwestern Seminary in Fort Worth, Texas. I have been an ordained minister since 1982. I have also been the pastor of four different churches over 20 years and have delivered contemporary sermons on many subjects, including marriages and weddings, that can be applied to everyday life.I am blessed to have a beautiful wife, Michelle, and two extraordinary children, Josiah and Lydia.

I specialize in flexibility and offer religious,non-religious, traditional and non-traditional ceremonies that generally run between 25 and 30 minutes long. I love adventure and have even done a STAR WARS wedding and a baseball themed wedding at the Lansing Lugnuts stadium....where I dressed as an UMP!!

star wars wedding msu flag 2 51 138215

Pastor Phillip Rogers 6
Pastor Phillip Rogers 7
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/21/2019

We trusted him right away!

Pastor Philip went above and beyond for us on our wedding day and in the planning prior to the day. Coming from out of state to be married in Lansing, we didn't have a church or a local pastor to work with for our wedding day. When we met with Philip we knew that he would be the perfect officiant for our ceremony. I just have to say that he was the most talked about by our guests after the ceremony. To take a quote from my husband's great Aunt Jackie " His words gave me goosebumps! With a powerful message like his, that's a man after my own heart". We can't thank you enough Pastor Philip. God bless you and your family!

Sent on 09/24/2019

Stephanie Braxton · Married on 08/04/2019

Highly recommend

The personal connection for us was incredible. After meeting with Pastor Rogers, we knew there was no one else we would rather have officiate our wedding. The ceremony was perfect. A blessing to have at your wedding.

Sent on 08/05/2019
  • Bethe

Bethe · Married on 08/03/2019

Amazing ceremony!

My husband and I hired Pastor Phillip to perform our wedding ceremony! After weeding through many options, I knew from the second I had a phone interview with him that he would be the one to make things official for us! We met with him a few weeks before the ceremony to discuss the timeline, options and verbiage. He offered a lot of insight to our ceremony, and while I was debating writing my own vows, after hearing his version, we were blown away! He arrived to the venue early and dressed the part and checked on both my husband and myself, then blew us away! Our guests raved about the wonderful job he did and how our ceremony was absolutely beautiful! I highly recommend Pastor Phillip Rogers to any bride and groom looking for an officiant for your special day! He was extremely professional, got to know us to be able to add a personal touch, he was well dressed and very well spoken! Thank you, Pastor Phillip! We will cherish our day always!

Sent on 08/09/2019

Pastor Phillip Rogers FAQ

• What types of weddings and events do you provide services for? Non-religious, Interfaith, Single Religion
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Baptist, Catholic, Episcopalian, Evangelical, Lutheran, Methodist, No Denomination, Orthodox Christian, Presbyterian, Quaker
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.

• Sarah Amelia Photography
    Sarah Amelia Photography Wedding Photographers

Rev. Phil Rogers is an amazing wedding officiant! He actually was the officiant of my own wedding over 8 years ago, and I now have the opportunity to work with him while I photograph my client's weddings. Pretty much every time he makes me cry!

• 6170 Courtland Okemos, Michigan, 48864 See on map