Sparrow Creek Ranch is a wedding venue located near Graham, Texas. What sets this venue apart is its weekend rentals. Because you get the venue for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, you have adequate time to customize your wedding. Located just an hour and a half from the Dallas-Fort Worth area, the venue is also ideal for destination weddings. A country venue not far from the city, Sparrow Creek Ranch is ideal for couples who admire repurposed spaces, family-owned businesses and are having a Christ-centered wedding.
Facilities and Capacity
With a minimum capacity of 50 and maximum of 500, this venue is suitable for large and smaller ceremonies. The main barn is cooled using two 7,000 CFM air coolers. The bridal room and bathrooms are also air condition and heat controlled.
Built primarily from repurposed materials like tin from old gyms, reclaimed wood from barns around Texas and beams from old bridges, the venue features a large barn and native grass prairies. Though the venue was technically completed in 2012, the repurposed pieces that were used to create it give it a sense of history. Additionally, all of the lights are antique, giving the venue an elegant, rustic vibe.
When you rent this venue we include a selection of antique decor (chairs, tables, candle abras, etc) for free use, a vintage bar, stage, large ceder cross, and other perks. Various packages are available, including Weekend and Weekday packages. Not included but availbe for extra purchase: tables, chairs, cleanup ($200), vintage getaway cars, etc.
Before it was a wedding venue, the property was a family gathering spot. The family decided to build a barn for their daughter’s wedding reception and it was constructed mostly using repurposed materials in just five months. Building it was a family effort, with many people helping to make sure it was ready in time. After the wedding, other people started asking to use the space for their weddings. Originally locally based, Sparrow Creek Ranch has now hosted weddings for couples from around the state and across the country.
At this venue, you’ll be able to experience the charm of Texas Hill Country. Located in the northern part, the venue is surrounded by rolling hills. It is near Graham, Texas, which is known for antique and boutique shopping and a large downtown square. The venue is close to Wildcatter Ranch and Resort.
Recommended by 99% of couples
48 User photos
Sarah Marie Chittick · Married on 09/02/2019
Rustic Elegance with Great Management and Vendor Network
Sparrow Creek Ranch is an elegant barn venue with country charm and a fantastic network of local vendors.Sent on 09/16/2019
Sparrow Creek Ranch’s barn exemplifies rustic elegance with reclaimed chandeliers hung from the ceilings. Everything at Sparrow Creek Ranch has been reclaimed or recycled, adding to the history and charm of the venue. Speaking with Kevin, who built the barn for his daughter Kalli’s wedding, reveals the passion and love that built the barn. Indeed, Kevin has exciting plans (and is currently building!) an extension on the back of the barn that would serve as a groomsmen room or bedroom. My wedding party and guests were impressed with the unique nature of the barn.
The location of Sparrow Creek Ranch is another perk of the venue. The land that the barn is situated on is beautiful and makes for lovely photos and outdoor ceremonies. I literally cannot wait to see our professional photos! Graham, Texas, is small yet charming. The drive to Graham from surrounding cities is quintessentially Texan and absolutely beautiful.
For our wedding, the small-town characteristics of Graham enhanced our ability to unplug and enjoy our day. There is limited cell service at Sparrow Creek Ranch; this is something to plan for but is a major plus in the busy lives we live. How often do we get to truly unplug and connect with loved ones? My husband and I were able to disconnect and fully engage on our wedding day. What a gift.
Sparrow Creek Ranch is well managed by Kalli, who is responsive, kind, and patient despite millions of questions. Both Kevin and Kalli are flexible and willing to work with brides on a budget. My husband and I ended up getting married on a Monday to save money, and there are other day and season options for those who want to save money.
By structuring venue pricing to include multiple days in the rental (typically Friday-Sunday, although our rental was Sunday-Monday), Sparrow Creek Ranch gave us plenty of time for set up, allowing us to enjoy the process. We were also able to save additional money by doing a lot of things ourselves (e.g. buying our own linens and ironing them on premises).
Important to mention, Sparrow Creek Ranch is supported by a fantastic network of local vendors. Planning a wedding involves making critical decisions regarding your vendors; Kalli has created a list of trusted vendors with experience at Sparrow Creek Ranch. EVERY SINGLE vendor that we used from her list was phenomenal. The majority of vendors were used were from her list, except for catering and the DJ:
- Mandy Lorraine Photography (https://www.mandylorraine.com/): Mandy is beyond talented and (along with Mark Waggnor) was the best vendor we hired. Hiring a good photographer was very important to us and we made it a budget priority (that being said, Mandy is very reasonably priced). Mandy also has a killer Instagram account and a relaxed and kind personality- the exact aura you want at your wedding.
- Mark Waggnor (TABC Bartender on Kalli’s Vendor List): If you get married at Sparrow Creek Ranch, use Mark. Mark stood out as one of the best vendors we hired. Mark showed up to our rehearsal and help us set up the bar area. He gave us tips for maximizing our set up, information about Graham, and even secured ice and additional alcohol to make our Arnold Palmer signature drink even better! Mark was personable and everyone enjoyed talking with him during set up, the wedding, and clean up. At the end of the wedding, Mark helped my parents clean up. Mark went above and beyond what I expected and my husband and I were truly impressed.
- JPC Mobile DJ Services (https://www.jpcmobiledj.com/): run by Jeff and Calva, JPC Mobile DJ Services did a fantastic job. Our wedding was a smaller affair (~65 people) and they helped keep the dance party going to the end. Importantly, their set up for our outdoor ceremony was great and they also supported A.V. set up for musicians playing at our wedding.
- Natty Flat Smokehouse (https://www.nattyflatsmokehouse.com/): We hired Natty Flat with only three weeks before our wedding after discovering that we were not going to meet the head count minimum required by our Fort Worth caterer. That was a great decision. The brisket was moist, the ribs fell off the bone, and the sausage was delicious. The sides were amazing. Everyone enjoyed the food and we saved a ridiculous amount of money by going with them.
- Amber Rathmell (Hair Stylist on Kalli’s Vendor List): Amber made my hair look beyond elegant and I am so happy that I get to see my hair like that in pictures for the rest of my life!
- Joy’s Flowers Graham (https://www.joysdowntownflowers.com/): Our flowers were absolutely beautiful and very reasonably priced. What more can you ask for?
- Krazy Cakes (https://www.facebook.com/customKrazycakes/): Krissy makes delicious and beautiful cakes. She made our cake look EXACTLY like the Pinterest picture I gave her and I am sure it tasted better than the one in the picture!
- Ma Belle’s Bakery (https://mabellesbakery.com/): We got our grooms cake from here. Amazingly delicious and moist German chocolate cake.
In conclusion, if you are looking for a beautiful rustic barn with fantastic management and an amazing vendor network, check out Sparrow Creek Ranch.
Sparrow Creek Ranch's reply:Thank you Sarah, for this lovely review. It is a pure joy to share SCR with couples like you who love the work we've put into building SCR ourselves. Hugs, Kalli
Beautiful place to get married. Owner is on top of everythingSent on 05/29/2014
Lindsey Gage · Married on 06/30/2019
June 30th - Best Day Ever
10/10!! AMAZING. I would use Sparrow Creek again and again! (Let's hope that isn't the case though, lol.) Very flexible, so beautiful, wonderful people to work with. Dog friendly, which was a must for me. They don't make you kennel the dogs after the ceremony like a lot of other venues I looked at either, which was also a must for me! I truly love how special the place feels. You can immediately tell how hard the family worked on this beautiful venue, and I absolutely loved that about this place...there is so much character. Overall, my wedding was stunning and the barn was the biggest reason why. Considering how much work has been put into Sparrow Creek, and getting it for the ENTIRE weekend, the price is incredibly more affordable than any other venue I looked at. They don't try to rip you off. They brought the joy back into wedding planning for me because searching for a venue in my budget proved to be difficult. My wedding was a DREAM, and I am still totally in love with the venue.Sent on 06/03/2019
Only down side for me was how dang hot it got. I don't hold this against them though, because I knew that would be the case from the beginning and it's not on them. I'm only saying this to make sure if you get married during the warmer months, make sure to have extra waters and maybe even paper fans for guests for the ceremony. (-:
Sparrow Creek Ranch's reply:Thank you so much Lindsey! Your wedding was stunning! Potential brides, please note that **this wedding was in 2018 (not 2019)** and we have since installed two 7000 CFM Air Coolers in the main barn area!
Book December Weekend Package for only $2000, $1650 off the normal package price!
Simply fill out our contact page at www.sparrowcreekranch.com to claim!
December Wedding 2018 at SCR Pictured
I had the opportunity to work with Kalli and the family at Sparrow Creek Ranch to help with planning and coordination for an open house they wanted to host. I have to say, after ten years in business this venue has made the top of my list! Not only is it gorgeous and well taken care of, but they were such a joy to work with! They work so hard and take so much pride in making everything amazing for their clients. I'm so glad we have connected and had the opportunity to work together. I can't wait to have more events at SCR!
I recently organized a styled shoot at Sparrow Creek Ranch and it is a beautiful venue to say the least! If you are wanting a barn style venue with gorgeous details, this venue is for you! There are beautiful chandeliers hanging all over and they are jaw dropping! Tons of outdoor open fields and so many options on where to have your ceremony. Yes the venue is amazing, but my favorite thing about the place is the owners. Kalli was the main person I worked with and she went above and beyond for me, helping me with anything I needed for the shoot and was more than accomodating. I love that this venue is family owned and you can tell immediately that they love their clients and will do what they can to make their wedding come to life! Highly recommend this venue!!!