Shapes Dress Design & Alterations

Royal Oak, MI View map

With over 20 years of experience in the bridal business, dressmaker Teresa Charow can design your dream dress. Choose any style, select your favorite materials, and have your wedding gown custom made. We also offer expert wedding gown alterations, and specialize in complicated re-design changes. We can also custom design a veil to perfectly coordinate with your dress. Our Birmingham location also stocks couture inspired gowns for your engagment party or other special events.

Don't forget a custom suit for the groom.

What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?

$1,000 - $2,499

How do you price dress alterations?

By Piece

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Bridesmaids
Mother of the Bride

Which of the following services do you provide?

Alterations
Full Customization

Which of the following items do you offer?

Bridal Gowns
Formal Gowns
Veils

What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?

Less than 6 months

How often do you receive new bridal gowns?

Seasonally

What is your return policy?

Final Sales

Kathleen Married on 10/28/2017
    There aren't enough words to compliment and rave about how incredible Teresa is, but I will do my best for future brides.

I went to what felt like a dozen wedding dress shops in the Detroit area and liked several dresses, but didn't fall in love with anything. Instead, I had pictures of several couture dresses that I did love, and met with Teresa to create a single dress from all three. To say she perfectly created my vision of the perfect wedding dress is putting it lightly. Teresa met with me to choose fabrics and over the course of several months, with multiple fittings, she developed the most unbelievable dress.

Each time I met with Teresa, she was kind, fun, funny and yet professional. I altered the dress and changed my mind throughout the process and each time, Teresa accommodated me happily. She was never ever rude, always had champagne waiting for me, responded to my texts and phone calls right away, and made me feel like I was in the best hands. Teresa is unbelievably talented and yet she took my suggestions kindly and always offered her opinion very professionally. Teresa is an incredible dressmaker and her kindness and professionalism was never missed. I recommend her wholeheartedly; any bride who goes to her will be in excellent hands and she will create your dream dress just like she did for me.
  • kpnewm
    Kate Married on 10/18/2008
    I chose Trese, because she already had great reviews. Well, here's one more! I wore my mother's wedding dress (from 1975) but wanted to update it and make it my own. I had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted, and I might have made Trese a bit nuts from time to time as a result.... However, she was also the sweetest person, and listened to what I wanted. I kept pointing to a picture I'd torn out of a magazine, saying, "This is what I want." And she kept assuring me that that was exactly what I would get. But I gotta say, it was so much more beautiful that I ever dreamed. I can't thank her enough for all of her hard work!

319 S Main St, Suite 1 Royal Oak, MI, 48067
Location of (Shapes Dress Design & Alterations)

Other vendors in Detroit for your wedding