Love Story Vows

234 E. 17th Street Ste 117, Costa Mesa, CA 92627 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 51
  • Pricing
  • Meet the Team

About Love Story Vows

Rev. Heidi creates romantic, fun, stress-free and unique, love story elopements, intimate ceremonies and big weddings. Her couples and their guests love that the ceremonies are never long and boring! She does weddings and elopements in all of Southern California, the Central Coast and destination locations too. Some favorite cities include: Costa Mesa, Laguna, Orange, Irvine, San Diego, La Jolla, Coronado, Redlands, Riverside, Temecula, Palm Springs, Joshua Tree, Lake Arrowhead and the Big Bear mountains,

Her ceremonies are always inclusive and LGBTQ friendly! They are usually more spiritual and romantic than religious. She will do mildly religious or interfaith ceremonies, non-religious ceremonies to vow renewals, and more. Providing services for spiritual, non-religious, non-denominational, Pagan, Agnostic, Buddhist, Earth-based, and Unitarian couples. She has officiated hundreds of elopements and weddings: Simple, Elegant, Spiritual, Intimate, Fun or even stunning outdoor adventure ceremonies, all unique! She is a professional and ordained nondenominational wedding officiant.

Experience

She loves going on adventures, sharing date day with her husband and spending an amazing day with her couples! She was a wedding planner, so she can make your wedding ceremony stress-free and fun. Her world is filled with love and laughter! Her experiences in theatre since she was 14, doing voice overs for radio and TV, and her love of writing make this the best job ever! Your ceremony should reflect both of you. It should also tell your personal story. Rev. Heidi refuses to do long and boring ceremonies, she loves doing awesome ceremonies!

Heidi's madly in love with her husband, Alan! They just celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary June of 2020 with an intimate vow renewal on the beach, on the Central Coast of California! Alan is romantic, brilliant and an award-winning wedding photographer(SimplyPerfectImages.com)! They share their lives with two semi-wonderful kids and too many adorable "furkids". Their family loves hiking in the mountains, cycling, walking on the beach, Game of Thrones, Marvel, DC Superhero's, Star Trek and Star Wars movies (they don't play favorites!) and of course, anything Harry Potter! Heidi's new obsession is Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist!! Our elopement website is AlanandHeidi.com

This is California, #beyou! #notlongandboringceremonies #funweddingofficiant

Follow Love Story Vows on
kirsten david 51 948596 1565293874
Big Bear elopement
Adorable couple, fun Wedding!
Adorable couple, fun Wedding!
Beach elopement

130 Reviews for Love Story Vows

• Lindsey

Lindsey Howard · Getting married on 12/01/2021

Best Reverend

Rev. Heidi married us 1/24/2020 at Galway Downs in Temecula, CA. She was great to work with during the entire wedding planning experience, the day of, and even after the wedding. We chose to add Celtic ribbon hand-fasting during our ceremony and it was so cool! So many of our guests loved this addition to the normal ceremony.

Sent on 02/10/2020

Love Story Vows's reply:

Thank you so much! I loved working with both of you and your wedding was gorgeous! I'm always here for both of you as Auntie Heidi now!
  • Brooke

Brooke Cardenas · Getting married on 05/01/2021

Heidi is amazing

We were so lucky to have Heidi as our reverend. Prior to the day of the wedding, she made an effort to reach out to us on multiple occasions. She didn't just reach out to prepare for the ceremony, she would also just check in to see how we were doing and to make sure we were keeping the romance alive. You can truly tell how passionate she is about her work. Our special day would not have been the same without her and she will forever be a part of our lives. We received so many compliments from our guests about how amazing she was. Thank you so much, Heidi. We love you.

Sent on 02/28/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Love Story Vows Pricing

Love Story Vows Price Rates

Love Story Vows FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services?
    $ 395
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 395
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 175
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?
    $ 75
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What services do you provide?
    Allow Couples' Own Vows
    Licensed
    Premarital Counseling
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    Buddhist
    Earth-Based
    No Denomination
    Pagan
    Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    AL
    UT
    WA
    WI
    WY
  • What languages do you speak?
    English

Team of Love Story Vows

Rev. Heidi Merrigan

Rev. Heidi Merrigan

Owner and Wedding Officiant/Celebrant

Hey, it’s Heidi…my world is filled with love and laughter! I have been an ordained wedding officiant for many years and have performed over 350 weddings and elopements in California and other states too! Before being an officiant, I was a wedding planner for hundreds of weddings. Keeping you and your loved ones safe during this Pandemic is a top priority for me!

I am very passionate about enjoying life, going on adventures, and sharing a magical day with my couples. I treasure all of my couples and will create an environment where everyone safe and accepted for who they are.

Yes, I am very LGBTQ friendly!

I am going to make this easy and fun for everyone. I’ve been married to the love of my life since June 23, 2000, Alan is an award-winning wedding photographer and is one of the most romantic men I know. We share our lives with two semi-wonderful sons and too many pets. We go hiking, cycling, love reading, watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Mandelorian, Star Trek, Star Wars and Superhero movies and we enjoy hanging out at the beach or the mountains on our day off. Fun fact – I have never met an animal I didn’t instantly love! I have been in theatre since I was 14 and I have done voiceovers for radio and TV, in addition to being a professional writer.

Because of the experiences and passions in my life, I can help you have an awesome ceremony that fits your style, your theme, your family, and both of you.

My wedding ceremonies range from romantic, spiritual, interfaith ceremonies, non-religious to mildly religious, vow renewals, and more. You can see more about me at LoveStoryVows.com. I refuse to do a long and boring ceremony, I want to create a ceremony, you both love!

+ More Details
- Less Details

• DJs on a Dime Wedding DJs

Simply put, I really enjoy working with Heidi! I've worked with her since 2006 and have always found her to be upbeat and positive, which really helps with weddings as there can be a certain amount of pressure to make sure everything is as close to perfect as you can get. And that's where Heidi shines: she's calm and even-keeled and she listens to your thoughts, concerns, questions, and addresses them in a manner that helps you to feel calm and less stressed about not only the ceremony, but the whole wedding planning process. Just one call to her and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. She's one of the best!

• Gown Preservation Specialists Wedding Dresses

Heidi from Love Story Vows is an exceptional person, colleague, and professional! I have known Heidi for over 20 years! And it wasn't difficult to choose my wedding officiant for myself and my husband. Heidi was our first choice! And what an amazing ceremony it was! She helped us incorporate our kids, make it unique, and certainly brought laughter and tears to everyone! She helped me stay calm during the planning process. She stayed in touch daily. And she even stayed with us all night to celebrate! Thank you Heidi....so so much!

• Jurupa Hills Country Club Country Club Weddings

I have worked with many officiants throughout my time as an event coordinator. Heidi with Love Story Vows has been my favorite. She makes it a priority to cater to the couples every need. She is attentive, kind and professional. You can see how passionate she is about what she does from the first conversation. I would highly recommend Heidi to anyone looking for her services. She and her husband are both very involved in this industry and definitely know what they are doing.

• 234 E. 17th Street Ste 117 Costa Mesa, CA, 92627 See on map
    (Phone number)
    Monday-9:00 am - 11:00 am Tuesday-Sunday-10:00 am - 9:00 pm
    Location of (Love Story Vows)