506 S Buena Vista St, Redlands, CA 92373 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 40
  • Pricing
  • Meet the Team

About Love Story Vows

Heidi is known for creating personalized, romantic, stress free and meaningful ceremonies for weddings or elopements. If your ceremony and your love are the most important part of your day, Heidi can help you have a ceremony that you absolotuely love and your guests will be talking about for days...in a good way! Your ceremonies will never be long and boring, it is created just for the two of you, the feel will be what you want, professional, elegant, personal, fun(not cheesy), laid back, high fasion, or casual and always awesome!

She creates customized wedding and elopement ceremonies for couples all over Southern California, the Central Coast and destination locations like Yosemite, Joshua Tree and Big Sur. Some favorite areas include: San Diego, Laguna, Riverside, Big Bear Lake, Del Mar, Balboa, Coronado, Redlands, Oak Glen, Corona, Lake Arrowhead, Temecula, Palm Springs, Catalina and Idyllwild.

Her ceremonies are always inclusive and LGBTQ friendly! They are definitely more spiritual and romantic than religious. She will do mildly religious or interfaith ceremonies, non-religious ceremonies to vow renewals and more. Providing services for spiritual, non-religious, non-denominational, Pagan, Agnostic, Buddhist, Earth-based, and Unitarian couples. She has officiated over 400 elopements and weddings in the last 5 years! Whether you want simple, elegant, spiritual, intimate, fun or even a stunning outdoor adventure ceremony, they are tailored for the two of you! She is a professional and ordained nondenominational wedding officiant.

Experience

She was a wedding planner for many years so she will make it easy and stress free! With her experiences in theatre since she was 14, doing voice overs for radio and TV, and her love of writing, she has unique qualifications to make this an awesome and easy experience for you! She feels that this the best job ever! Your ceremony should reflect both of you. It should also tell your personal story. She refuses to do long and boring ceremonies, she loves doing awesome ceremonies!

Her world is filled with love and laughter! Heidi loves going on adventures, sharing date day with her husband and spending an amazing day with her couples! Sometimes she gets to do both, Alan is a romantic, brilliant and an award-winning wedding photographer(SimplyPerfectImages.com or AlanMerriganPhotography.com)!

Their elopement website is: AlanandHeidi.com

Heidi's and her husband are still madly in love and best friends! They celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary in June of 2020, with an intimate beach vow renewal, on the Central Coast of California! They share their lives with too many adorable "furkids". They love hiking in the mountains with their adult sons and their Samoyed, Gypsy. They also like cycling, walking on the beach, Marvel, DC Superhero's, Star Trek and Star Wars movies (they don't play favorites!) Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and, of course anything Harry Potter! Heidi's new obsession is Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist!!

This is California, you should have the ceremony you never knew existed!

• Woman-owned
Follow Love Story Vows on
spi bram 10 5 19 1 51 948596 157981064220843
Lake Arrowhead Weddin
Lake Arrowhead Weddin
Happy ring exchange!
Happy ring exchange!
Adorable couple, fun Wedding!
Adorable couple, fun Wedding!
Having fun with my couple

136 Reviews for Love Story Vows

• Lindsey

Lindsey H. · Getting married on 12/01/2021

Best Reverend

Rev. Heidi married us 1/24/2020 at Galway Downs in Temecula, CA. She was great to work with during the entire wedding planning experience, the day of, and even after the wedding. We chose to add Celtic ribbon hand-fasting during our ceremony and it was so cool! So many of our guests loved this addition to the normal ceremony.

Sent on 02/10/2020

Love Story Vows's reply:

Thank you so much! I loved working with both of you and your wedding was gorgeous! I'm always here for both of you as Auntie Heidi now!

Raylene C. · Married on 05/22/2021

My guests LOVED our Ceremony!

I had my wedding at Rancho Las Fuentes May 22, 2021 and working with Heidi was amazing. We never had the chance to meet in person due to the pandemic, but she answered any and all texts and phone calls, and never made me feel like a burden. Meeting her wasn't necessary, i felt nothing but positivity through the phone and an amazing energy from her. I am mexican and native american and wanted to incorporate my native traditions in my ceremony and Heidi was thrilled about the idea and we incorporated so many traditions and beautiful ideas. She provides you with so many templates and ideas, to help guide the couple through a stressful planning, and it's a lifesaver. She has two packages and if you are wondering if you should do the love story package the answer is YES! So many of my guests came up to me and told me how much they loved our ceremony, how much they cried, how unique it was, and that it was the best wedding they have been too. They were impressed by Heidi and said that they have never met an officiant that did everything and all the crazy we had asked her to do. Heidi is very professional and helps you with more than just ceremony stress, if you have questions about other aspects of your wedding, feel free to ask, because she is more than willing to lend advice. At the end of the day you will walk away with a new family member...Aunt Heidi!

Sent on 06/11/2021

Love Story Vows's reply:

Thank you so much! I loved putting your ceremony together! I was so excited when we started talking about your heritage and creating such a unique and personal ceremony. It was something new so much fun to put together! I am always here for both of you and I am happy to be considered part of your awesome family!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Love Story Vows Pricing

Love Story Vows Price Rates

Love Story Vows FAQ

• Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 175
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?
    $ 100
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What services do you provide?
    Allow Couples' Own Vows
    Licensed
    Premarital Counseling
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    Buddhist
    Earth-Based
    No Denomination
    Pagan
    Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
    30-60 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    AL
    UT
    WA
    WI
    WY
  • What languages do you speak?
    English

Team of Love Story Vows

Rev. Heidi Merrigan

Rev. Heidi Merrigan

Owner and Wedding Officiant/Celebrant

Hey, it’s Heidi…my world is filled with love and laughter! I have been an ordained wedding officiant for many years and have performed over 350 weddings and elopements in California and other states too! Before being an officiant, I was a wedding planner for hundreds of weddings. Keeping you and your loved ones safe during this Pandemic is a top priority for me!

I am very passionate about enjoying life, going on adventures, and sharing a magical day with my couples. I treasure all of my couples and will create an environment where everyone safe and accepted for who they are.

Yes, I am very LGBTQ friendly!

I am going to make this easy and fun for everyone. I’ve been married to the love of my life since June 23, 2000, Alan is an award-winning wedding photographer and is one of the most romantic men I know. We share our lives with two semi-wonderful sons and too many pets. We go hiking, cycling, love reading, watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Mandelorian, Star Trek, Star Wars and Superhero movies and we enjoy hanging out at the beach or the mountains on our day off. Fun fact – I have never met an animal I didn’t instantly love! I have been in theatre since I was 14 and I have done voiceovers for radio and TV, in addition to being a professional writer.

Because of the experiences and passions in my life, I can help you have an awesome ceremony that fits your style, your theme, your family, and both of you.

My wedding ceremonies range from romantic, spiritual, interfaith ceremonies, non-religious to mildly religious, vow renewals, and more. You can see more about me at LoveStoryVows.com. I refuse to do a long and boring ceremony, I want to create a ceremony, you both love!

+ More Details
- Less Details

• DJs on a Dime Wedding DJs

Simply put, I really enjoy working with Heidi! I've worked with her since 2006 and have always found her to be upbeat and positive, which really helps with weddings as there can be a certain amount of pressure to make sure everything is as close to perfect as you can get. And that's where Heidi shines: she's calm and even-keeled and she listens to your thoughts, concerns, questions, and addresses them in a manner that helps you to feel calm and less stressed about not only the ceremony, but the whole wedding planning process. Just one call to her and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. She's one of the best!

• Gown Preservation Specialists Wedding Dresses

Heidi from Love Story Vows is an exceptional person, colleague, and professional! I have known Heidi for over 20 years! And it wasn't difficult to choose my wedding officiant for myself and my husband. Heidi was our first choice! And what an amazing ceremony it was! She helped us incorporate our kids, make it unique, and certainly brought laughter and tears to everyone! She helped me stay calm during the planning process. She stayed in touch daily. And she even stayed with us all night to celebrate! Thank you Heidi....so so much!

• Jurupa Hills Country Club Country Club Weddings

I have worked with many officiants throughout my time as an event coordinator. Heidi with Love Story Vows has been my favorite. She makes it a priority to cater to the couples every need. She is attentive, kind and professional. You can see how passionate she is about what she does from the first conversation. I would highly recommend Heidi to anyone looking for her services. She and her husband are both very involved in this industry and definitely know what they are doing.

• 506 S Buena Vista St Redlands, CA, 92373 See on map
    (Phone number)
    Monday-9:00 am - 11:00 am Tuesday-Sunday-10:00 am - 9:00 pm
    Location of (Love Story Vows)