Love Story Vows

Redlands, CA View map Visit website

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Heidi Merrigan of Love Story Vows creates a romantic, custom, fun(not cheesy) ceremony just for the two of you! It is a stress free experience with an expressive and meaningful ceremony, plus she writes your personal Love Story. Your ceremony, and celebrating your love, can be the best part of your day! Your ceremony should never be long and boring! You want your guests to be talking about it for days...in a good way! Heidi is a Professional Wedding Officiant and ordained in 40+ states and has "married" almost 1000 people since 2016.

She will feel like your “cool” aunt, who will answer every wedding question, keep you calm and be there to make sure your wedding ceremony is awesome, easy and the amazing beginning of your celebration! She creates customized, and personal ceremonies for couples all over Southern California, including San Diego, Laguna, Riverside, Big Bear Lake, Coronado, Redlands, Oak Glen, Corona, Lake Arrowhead, Temecula, Palm Springs, Catalina, and Idyllwild. She also goes to destination locations like Santa Barbara, Big Sur, Yosemite, Joshua Tree, Tahoe and Sequioa.

Her ceremonies are always inclusive and LGBTQ+ friendly! They're romantic and can be as unique as the two of you. She will do ceremonies with very little or no mention of god, vow renewals, celebrations of marriage and elopements. Providing services for spiritual, non-religious, non-denominational, Pagan, Agnostic, Buddhist, Earth-based, and Unitarian couples. She has "married" over 900 people in the last 5 years! Her job is to create the ceremony "vibe" to be whatever you want it to be. Whether you want fun and friendly, elegant and sophisticated, intimate and private or something in between, it is tailored just for the two of you!

Experience

She was a wedding planner for many years so she will make this journey simple and fun! With her experiences in theatre since she was 14, doing voice overs for radio and TV, her ASMR voice, and her love of writing, she has unique qualifications to make this an awesome and fun experience for you! Your ceremony should reflect both of you. She won't do long and boring ceremonies, she loves doing awesome ceremonies! She feels that this is the best career ever!

Her world is filled with love and laughter! Heidi loves going on adventures, sharing weekly "date days" with her husband and spending an amazing day with her couples! Sometimes she gets to do both, Alan is a romantic, brilliant and an award-winning wedding photographer(LoveStoryPhotography.com or AlanMerriganPhotography.com)!

Their elopement website is: AlanandHeidi.com

Heidi and her husband are still madly in love and best friends! They will celebrate their 22nd wedding anniversary in June! They share their lives with too many adorable "furkids". They love hiking in the mountains or walking on the beach, with their Samoyed, Gypsy. They also like action or superhero movies, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and, of course anything Harry Potter!!! Most days off include a drive with the orange Subaru Crosstrek, Ginger or the Red Mazda Miata Convertable, Elektra!

Talk to Heidi about the ceremony you always wanted, but never knew existed! She's happy to chat!

• Woman-owned

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$185

What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?

$300

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Buddhist
Earth-Based
No Denomination
Pagan
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

AL
UT
WA
WI
WY

What languages do you speak?

English

• Daniel
    Daniel G. Married on 05/25/2022

Heidi Is Incredible!

Could not recommend enough! Heidi was so great. From the moment we reached out she made herself available right away. Communication was phenomenal and she made sure that our ceremony was special. From help with vows, checking in a few days before, and following up with us after we could not be happier. Incredibly personable and just an absolute rockstar. She made our ceremony exactly how we had pictured it (even better).
  • Wendy
    Wendy R. Married on 04/30/2022

Beautiful Ceremony!

My husband and I got married April 30, 2022 at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. Heidi was such an amazing officiant and help throughout the whole wedding planning process. She spoke with us on the phone once we decided to have her as our officiant, she got to know us, asked us questions, always let us know that she was there to help answer any questions we had and responded promptly when we did have questions about the ceremony or the process of obtaining our marriage license and certificate after the ceremony. Every family and guest we spoke to after the ceremony let us know that the ceremony was their favorite part! They loved hearing our love story, the humor that was added, and the details that were added by Heidi to specially tailor our ceremony to our personalities. My husband and I loved the ceremony as well, it was our favorite part too! We laughed, cried, and enjoyed hearing her talk about our love story. We did the Celtic knot tying ceremony as well as the time capsule box and it just added a uniqueness to the ceremony and our guests really enjoyed watching us do both things. We had an amazing experience and we would highly recommend having her as your officiant!

Love Story Vows's reply:

Thank you so much for this awesome review! You both are such wonderful people and I love your story, it was a joy to write! Please know that I'm only a text away if you ever have more questions or just want to say Hi! Enjoy being newlyweds!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Deals

Love Story Vows 1
Offer

Active Duty Military couples discount:

Wedding: $545 (vs. $695 regular fee)

Pricing

Team

Heidi Merrigan
Heidi Merrigan
Owner and Professional and Ordained Wedding Officiant/Celebrant

Hey, it’s Heidi…my world is filled with love and laughter! I have been an ordained professional wedding officiant since 2016 and have "married" almost a 1000 people in weddings and elopements in California and other states too! Before being an officiant, I was a wedding planner for many years. Making sure you have fun and love your ceremony is always the most important part of what I do.

I am very passionate about enjoying life, going on adventures, and sharing a magical day with my couples. I treasure all of my couples and will create an environment where everyone safe and accepted for who they are.

Yes, I am very LGBTQ friendly!

I am going to make this easy and fun for everyone. I’ve been married to the love of my life since June 23, 2000, Alan is an award-winning wedding photographer and is one of the most romantic men I know. We share our lives with two semi-wonderful sons and too many pets. We go hiking, cycling, love reading, watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Mandelorian, Star Trek, Star Wars and Superhero movies and we enjoy hanging out at the beach or the mountains on our day off. Fun fact – I have never met an animal I didn’t instantly love! I have been in theatre since I was 14 and I have done voiceovers for radio and TV, I have an ASMR voice to help keep you calm, in addition to being a professional writer.

Because of the experiences and passions in my life, I can help you have an awesome ceremony that fits your style, your theme, your family, and both of you.

My wedding ceremonies range from romantic, spiritual, interfaith ceremonies, non-religious to mildly religious, vow renewals, and more. You can see more about me at LoveStoryVows.com. I refuse to do a long and boring ceremony, I want to create a ceremony, you both love!

DJs on a Dime DJs on a Dime Wedding DJs

Simply put, I really enjoy working with Heidi! I've worked with her since 2006 and have always found her to be upbeat and positive, which really helps with weddings as there can be a certain amount of pressure to make sure everything is as close to perfect as you can get. And that's where Heidi shines: she's calm and even-keeled and she listens to your thoughts, concerns, questions, and addresses them in a manner that helps you to feel calm and less stressed about not only the ceremony, but the whole wedding planning process. Just one call to her and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. She's one of the best!

Gown Preservation Specialists Gown Preservation Specialists Wedding Dresses

Heidi from Love Story Vows is an exceptional person, colleague, and professional! I have known Heidi for over 20 years! And it wasn't difficult to choose my wedding officiant for myself and my husband. Heidi was our first choice! And what an amazing ceremony it was! She helped us incorporate our kids, make it unique, and certainly brought laughter and tears to everyone! She helped me stay calm during the planning process. She stayed in touch daily. And she even stayed with us all night to celebrate! Thank you Heidi....so so much!

Jurupa Hills Country Club Jurupa Hills Country Club Country Club Weddings

I have worked with many officiants throughout my time as an event coordinator. Heidi with Love Story Vows has been my favorite. She makes it a priority to cater to the couples every need. She is attentive, kind and professional. You can see how passionate she is about what she does from the first conversation. I would highly recommend Heidi to anyone looking for her services. She and her husband are both very involved in this industry and definitely know what they are doing.

506 S Buena Vista St Redlands, CA, 92373

Monday-9:00 am - 11:00 am Tuesday-Sunday-10:00 am - 9:00 pm
Location of (Love Story Vows)
San Diego San Diego, CA, 92101