Ceremonies by Bethel

Bonsall, CA View map Visit website
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$895 Typical Price

Ceremonies by Bethel is a professional wedding officiant based in Bonsall, California, working with couples throughout Temecula, Palm Springs, and the entire San Diego region, including La Jolla, Del Mar, and Rancho Santa Fe. Since 2009, Bethel has specialized in creating customized and non-religious wedding ceremonies that truly celebrate her couples, working with each couple to incorporate the rituals and messages that mean the most to them, as well as celebrating their stories and their journey together. She enjoys inspiring every audience of family and friends with a truly meaningful and personal wedding ceremony - a ceremony that celebrates this couple they care greatly about and is worthy of what they share.

Experience

It began in 2006 when Bethel Nathan was asked to officiate her brother's wedding - a non-religious couple coming from two different religious backgrounds - and she spent a great deal of time not only looking at the traditions of their two families, but also finding out about their story and what marriage meant to them, resulting in a wedding that was all theirs. Soon after, two other friends asked her to do the same for their non-religious and interfaith weddings, and she had found what really touched her heart. She founded Ceremonies by Bethel in 2009, and has since married over 1100 couples, thoroughly enjoying celebrating really great couples in the way that fits them best. Ceremonies by Bethel has also been a proud recipient of the Couples Choice Award since her very first year in business.

Ceremonies by Bethel proudly officiates wedding ceremonies for all couples looking for a ceremony that is fun, personal, meaningful, and non-traditional, usually non-religious (or with a tinge to satisfy a family member), and has always been a supporter of marriage equality. Her couples often come from interfaith and/or intercultural backgrounds, and are looking for a way to honor where they've come from but in a way that fits what the two of them particularly share. Whether her couples describe themselves as non-religious, spiritual, interfaith, or agnostic or atheist, she works closely with each couple to create and then deliver their ceremony in such a way that touches the hearts of not only the couple being celebrated in that moment, but all those who are there for them as well, often with a mixture of laughter and happy tears.

• Woman-owned

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$895

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$895

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$100

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
No Denomination

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

CA

What languages do you speak?

English
Japanese

• Chris
    Chris D. Married on 04/03/2022

Bethel breaks conventions and builds experiences that matches each relationship

Working with Bethel has been one of the greatest experiences we had during wedding planning. Right out of the gates, Bethel wanted to set up a Zoom call with us (this was to be a destination wedding) and she took the time to understand who my wife and I are individually and how our relationship was built. She quickly learned that my wife and I bonded over video games and that the wedding would be gaming themed and Bethel was excited to help make it happen. Both my wife and I aren't conventional in anyway and we were anxious about how a non-religious, non-conventional ceremony would play out; and this is where Bethel shined. She understood who my wife and I are as a couple and started brainstorming different activities that would make sense for our ceremony. She worked with us extensively to make sure that our vision would come to life. My wife and I sincerely believe that without Bethels help and guidance, along with the time spent on calls, that our ceremony was going to feel more like a family obligation to attend rather than a true celebration of us.

Outside of wedding matters, Bethel is a very kind, empathetic person and radiates charisma. She's very thoughtful and full of great ideas.

We cannot recommend Bethel enough. We couldn't ask for a more amazing person to lead our ceremony.
  • Marisa
    Marisa F. Married on 03/26/2022

Bethel is amazing!

My husband and I hired Bethel to officiate our wedding and we are so grateful that we did! From the first conversation we had with Bethel we felt comfortable and knew that she would be able to capture our love. Using the homework assignments that she gave us, she was able to draft a beautiful ceremony. We weren’t sure what we wanted in our ceremony, but Bethel provided so many documents with examples of vows, rituals, ring exchanges, readings, etc, that gave us so many ideas. We originally considered having a friend officiate our ceremony, but looking back - I am so grateful we went with Bethel. She made the entire process stress-free. I can’t even begin to count the amount of people who asked us how we found Bethel, told us how much they loved the ceremony, and just raved about Bethel. Hire Bethel - I promise you will be so grateful that you did!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

• Kat & Nathan
    19 photos · 11/17/2018

Pricing

13Thirteen Events 13Thirteen Events Wedding Planners

Bethel is not only an amazing officiate she is truly a wonderful human! She loves what she does and it reflects in her work. Not only have I worked and recommended Bethel to my clients, I hired her for my own wedding a couple years back. She assigns "homework" (but don't be scared) to better get to know the two of you and works with you to ensure the ceremony is personal and meaningful. She's the best!

Holly Ireland Photography Holly Ireland Photography Wedding Photographers

Bethel is the best! Definitely our go to recommendation for officiants! She is so well spoken, caring and organized. We love when we know Bethal is officiating a wedding we are photographing!

Best Day Ever Weddings + Events Best Day Ever Weddings + Events Wedding Planners

I've worked with Bethel multiple times over the years, and have ALWAYS loved the experience. Not only is she a breath of fresh air, she's a wealth of knowledge - and fortunately, willing to share! I always encourage my couples to hire her as their officiant because I KNOW she will lovingly guide them as well as create custom ceremony that is heartfelt, unique, and memorable. If you want an officiant that REALLY knows their stuff, is HILARIOUS, and is able to bring two families together as one - Bethel is a.m.a.z.i.ng. I know, with her as part of my team, my clients will truly have their Best.CEREMONY.Ever. =))

Bonsall, California Bonsall, CA, 92003
Location of (Ceremonies by Bethel)
San Diego San Diego, CA, 92128