Joy of Life Events

Grass Valley, CA View map
$3,000 Package Price

$3,000 Package Price

Joy of Life Events in Truckee, California offers design, planning and coordination services for weddings and special events. Donna Nice-Hoekstra is a certified professional wedding and event planner with over 30 years of hospitality experience and education. Her extensive knowledge allows her to provide professional, dedicated and tailored events.

Experience

Donna Nice-Hoekstra of Joy of Life Events is a certified professional wedding and event planner with considerable hospitality management experience. Her over 30 years of experience help to create events that are well-organized, as she is attentive to every detail. Donna Nice-Hoekstra established Joy of life Events in 2005 and later co-founded Nevada County Weddings in 2008.

Each event is expertly and exclusive planned, designed and coordinated to mirror your personality, relationship and vision for your wedding celebration. Joy of Life Events can assist you in planning, designing and coordinating any event with Joy!

• Month-of Coordination Joy. {the essentials}
  • Partial Planning ~ Oh Joy
  • Full Service Planning ~ Joyful Journey
  • Full Service Planning + Design ~ Ode to Joy
  • Weekend Management
  • The Whole Shebang!

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$1,500

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$3,000

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$4,500

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$50

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Day-of Coordination
Event Design
Full Planning
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Cultural
Destination
Double Weddings
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

Lisa Married on 12/11/2017
    Donna went above and beyond! Our wedding was SO beautiful and it was all because of her. She thought of every detail, brought in decorations, set everything up, and was there to help with several issues (like forgetting my veil in a hotel room that no one had a key to minutes before the ceremony). Very thankful for Donna and all the hard work she put into our day! She is the best :)
    Brittany Married on 09/23/2017
    BOOK DONNA IMMEDIATELY you will not regret it! She is amazing and has a great eye for design. She was the best thing I could have asked for when it came to planning our wedding. When I first started planning, I wanted to DIY everything myself, but after a few months, I quickly learned that having someone to bounce ideas off of and have overall support, was necessary. I purchased her Month-of coordination because I still wanted to do most things myself, but she was always available when I needed her, no matter what month it was. I love how she was honest about her prices and was always willing to put in the work until it was perfect. She really should charge double for what she puts in.

One week before our outdoor Tahoe wedding, we noticed the weather was going to be below 30° F. Donna went out to buy hot beverages for the ceremony and even offered to buy scarfs and mittens. She saved everyone from freezing and when we decided 2 DAYS before the wedding to change our reception venue to a inside location, she was there to work her magic. She transformed a ski lodge bar into a beautiful and romantic setting. I really cannot explain how happy I am to have had her as my coordinator.

Weddings never go according to plan, so at the end of the day hire someone who can make things right without you, because you will be busy and nervous on your wedding day. Donna is that person and I look forward to seeing her future events.

Thank you Donna for making my wedding perfect, even when we had to change the venue 2 days before the date.

XOXO,
    Brittany
    Susan Married on 06/17/2017
    Donna was wonderful !!! Truly a JOY to work with.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Real Weddings

• Katie & Matt
    52 photos · 07/08/2017

Grass Valley, CA, 95959
530-802-3023

By Appointment
Location of (Joy of Life Events)

Other vendors in Sacramento for your wedding