1808 Q Street, Sacramento, CA 95811 Map · Phone number

About Kate Whelan Events™

Kate Whelan Events offers full-scale event and wedding planning of extraordinary detail for the bride and groom looking for that extra-special touch. We will keep you organized, on or under budget, and stress-free while designing the wedding of your dreams. We are committed to making sure your day goes off without a hitch — except for the hitching part of course!

Kate Whelan Events offers new technology to keep all avenues of communication open and organized. Our excellent online client planning tools include customized checklists, payment calendars with email notifications, appointment tracking, online idea boards, and contract filing with easy access for all members of your wedding party. Our top-notch organization enables us to be your liaison to all of your vendors - we worry about the details so that you don't have to.

All of our packages are unique and completely customized to fit your budget so that you only pay for the services that you need. We offer a wide range of planning services from Day of Coordination to Full Coordination/Design and everything in-between.

Designing a special, unique event for you is important to us. Kate Whelan Events keeps current on today's trends in fashion, interior design, and special event design, to bring you decor options that range from cutting-edge chic to classic elegance. Color schemes and decorations to lighting; we will consult with you and review every option to create your personalized event plan, creating a cohesive look and feel that's both extraordinary and uniquely you.

From DIY details to custom hand-made favors - your level of involvement is your choice! We can produce favors, signs, seating/escort cards, and invitations for you or, if you've got an inner-Martha Stewart, we can develop the projects for you to execute with the help of your friends and family. Kate Whelan Event's DIY projects are great for a fashionista fête on a recessionista budget!

While specializing in weddings, Kate Whelan Events has also planned a wide range of other special events including grand openings, corporate luncheons, educational seminars, birthday parties, holiday parties and more!

Follow Kate Whelan Events™ on

Outdoor wedding ceremony
790c9107fb3ed0b0 1273775302696 aliceshoot158

33 Reviews for Kate Whelan Events™

Casey Tealdi · Married on 09/11/2019

Five stars! Professional from start to finish. KWE team delivered!

Five stars (and I would give six if possible)! Kate did an amazing job managing all aspects of our wedding as our month-of planner. My wife and I are so grateful to have been able to partner w/ Kate as she made the process of planning and executing a wedding seamless. Kate and her team significantly exceeded our expectations from the day we met her through the big day itself. She is the consummate professional and we knew following our first meeting that we had chosen wisely and that our wedding was in great hands.

There are many things that stand out from our experience working w/ Kate and I’d like to highlight a few here: professionalism, accessibility, and execution.

Professionalism: On the first day we met Kate in person at our venue food tasting event, she made an impression. She had experience working w/ our venue coordinator which made the food tasting a fun and stress-free event. Kate took diligent notes, asked the right questions, and promptly posted pictures and her notes to the wedding planning website that came w/ the package from Kate Whelan Events. Over the subsequent weeks, Kate was extremely helpful w/ organizing our wedding including vendor management, timelines, and suggestions for everything from furniture arrangements to linen color. We never felt pressured into decisions as Kate would make suggestions and share pros/cons from her experience. She also fully supported our decisions w/o second guessing them which helped grow our confidence as we moved through the planning process. Kate promptly responded to emails, partnered w/ the venue coordinator and our vendors effectively, and delivered in a manner that made us proud of our choice.

Accessibility: Kate made herself available to us as a trusted partner even before our wedding month began. She promptly responded to emails, showed up to meetings on time, and never left us wondering where she was or what she was doing. Kate quickly earned our trust and was a true partner throughout the process, making the whole experience more fun than stressful. On the wedding date itself, Kate and her team greeted my wife and I and our families when we arrived and stayed close throughout the day. She answered all of our questions, regardless of how trite. As we prepared to walk down the aisle, my wife and I both felt very relaxed because we knew Kate was there and that if something went wrong Kate would handle it and handle it promptly and professionally. She was there when it mattered!

Execution: As previously mentioned, Kate and her team did a great job from start to finish. However, it was the wedding day itself where they really shined. Kate was everywhere but she executed on the plan in a way that made it seem as if she wasn’t there at all! She operates in a way that instills confidence because at no point did she seem flustered, like she didn’t have a plan, or didn’t know exactly what would happen next. This was very comforting to see a few hours/minutes before the start of your wedding! Kate and her team kindly took questions from me, my wife, and our family as we waited for the ceremony to begin. She partnered flawlessly w/ our venue coordinator and together they delivered a wedding that exceeded even our highest expectations. The event itself flowed smoothly w/ Kate and her team prompting guests to move from location to location in a kind and professional manner. At several points throughout the day, she approached my wife and I w/ gentle reminders re: what was about to happen and any actions we needed to take. Several family members and guests commented on how well-executed the wedding was and my wife and I agree! As we reflect back on the experience, my wife and I can’t think of a single hiccup worth mentioning which is a testament to the planning, preparation, and execution of Kate and her team.

My wife and I would highly recommend Kate as a wedding planner. She has the right experience, is fun and easy to work with, and delivered when it counted. We could not be happier w/ our choice of Kate Whelan Events for our wedding. Thank you again Kate for the work you put into making our wedding day so memorable. You and your team did a great job!

Sent on 02/09/2020

Lauren · Married on 02/23/2019

Kind, fun, organized-- everything you want in a wedding planner

Choosing to work with Kate was the best decision we made in our wedding planning process! Starting with recommending amazing vendors, she helped us every step of the way. We used her design and decor services, which I highly recommend; I was blown away by how beautiful our space was on our wedding day, including lots of small decor details that fit our event beautifully and Kate styled herself. Kate is incredibly patient with family, friends, and all the challenging circumstances that come up as part of the wedding planning process. I’m so glad I had her on my team! To all future brides: hire Kate! It will be the start of an enjoyable, fun-filled wedding.

Sent on 03/26/2019

Richelle · Married on 10/14/2017

We worked with Kate for our wedding on 10/14/17 at the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament and The Firehouse restaurant. We initially, weren’t going to hire a wedding planner, but it was the best decision we ever made!
    We chose the “Essential Collection” with an added “Budget Services” meeting.

What we appreciated most about working with KWE:
    -Very professional, knowledgeable, efficient, patient, and ORGANIZED. Kate paid close attention to all the little details between both of our venues, coordinated with our vendors, and created a thorough timeline of events (which together we listed what we wanted, and she kept us on schedule so that every box was checked by the end of the night!)

-KWE, along with the magical team at the Firehouse & our florist, did an amazing job setting up our venue! I was able to drop off some personal items with Kate and a few boxes full of decor at the venue. I didn’t really provide instructions on what I wanted, but I trusted them with their ideas. Ummm...best decision ever. It was perfect!!

-She was patient and warm with all of our guests. She and her assistant had smiles on their faces the entire time!

- We are sure there were plenty of fires Kate had to put out on the day of the wedding, but we (and our families) didn’t have to worry about a thing. My favorite part was forgetting about my garter! Kate and her assistant were quick to fix that and had a garter for me just in time for the toss!!!

Because of KWE, we were able to have the wedding of our dreams. This truly was the best day ever, and we feel that it was in large part due to KWE being behind it. I would recommend her to any of my friends in a heartbeat. Kate, thank you so much!!!!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Kate Whelan Events™ FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 3000.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 3150
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 8000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Cultural
    Destination
    Double Weddings
    Eco-Friendly
    Military
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

• studioTHP Wedding Photographers

We've worked with Kate many times; she's awesome at what she does, and it's always a pleasure working with her and her team.

• Shana Beals Makeup Artistry & Skin Studio Wedding Hair & Makeup

I have the pleasure of working with Kate on several occasions! She is extremely talented at creating and planning any special event. If you would like the best of the best for your big day, I would highly recommend contacting Kate!

• Sarah Maren Photographers Wedding Photographers

Kate Miller Events is the BEST event planner, and the only one I recommend to my clients. She is joy to work with and makes my job go so much smoother. She is professional, organized and incredibly creative. She listens to her clients intently, and helps them create stunning events. I can't recommend her enough.

• 1808 Q Street Sacramento, 95811 See on map
    8883347018 (Fax Number)
    By appointment only.
    Location of (Kate Whelan Events™)