1808 Q Street, Sacramento, CA 95811 Map · Phone number
Package Price $3,150
Availability Check your date

About Kate Whelan Events™

Kate Whelan Events offers full-scale event and wedding planning of extraordinary detail for the bride and groom looking for that extra-special touch. We will keep you organized, on or under budget, and stress-free while designing the wedding of your dreams. We are committed to making sure your day goes off without a hitch — except for the hitching part of course!

Kate Whelan Events offers new technology to keep all avenues of communication open and organized. Our excellent online client planning tools include customized checklists, payment calendars with email notifications, appointment tracking, online idea boards, and contract filing with easy access for all members of your wedding party. Our top-notch organization enables us to be your liaison to all of your vendors - we worry about the details so that you don't have to.

All of our packages are unique and completely customized to fit your budget so that you only pay for the services that you need. We offer a wide range of planning services from Day of Coordination to Full Coordination/Design and everything in-between.

Designing a special, unique event for you is important to us. Kate Whelan Events keeps current on today's trends in fashion, interior design, and special event design, to bring you decor options that range from cutting-edge chic to classic elegance. Color schemes and decorations to lighting; we will consult with you and review every option to create your personalized event plan, creating a cohesive look and feel that's both extraordinary and uniquely you.

From DIY details to custom hand-made favors - your level of involvement is your choice! We can produce favors, signs, seating/escort cards, and invitations for you or, if you've got an inner-Martha Stewart, we can develop the projects for you to execute with the help of your friends and family. Kate Whelan Event's DIY projects are great for a fashionista fête on a recessionista budget!

While specializing in weddings, Kate Whelan Events has also planned a wide range of other special events including grand openings, corporate luncheons, educational seminars, birthday parties, holiday parties and more!

Follow Kate Whelan Events™ on

Kate Whelan Events™ 5
Kate Whelan Events™ 6
Kate Whelan Events™ 7

Lauren · Married on 02/23/2019

Kind, fun, organized-- everything you want in a wedding planner

Choosing to work with Kate was the best decision we made in our wedding planning process! Starting with recommending amazing vendors, she helped us every step of the way. We used her design and decor services, which I highly recommend; I was blown away by how beautiful our space was on our wedding day, including lots of small decor details that fit our event beautifully and Kate styled herself. Kate is incredibly patient with family, friends, and all the challenging circumstances that come up as part of the wedding planning process. I’m so glad I had her on my team! To all future brides: hire Kate! It will be the start of an enjoyable, fun-filled wedding.

Sent on 03/26/2019

Richelle · Married on 10/14/2017

We worked with Kate for our wedding on 10/14/17 at the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament and The Firehouse restaurant. We initially, weren’t going to hire a wedding planner, but it was the best decision we ever made!
    We chose the “Essential Collection” with an added “Budget Services” meeting.

What we appreciated most about working with KWE:
    -Very professional, knowledgeable, efficient, patient, and ORGANIZED. Kate paid close attention to all the little details between both of our venues, coordinated with our vendors, and created a thorough timeline of events (which together we listed what we wanted, and she kept us on schedule so that every box was checked by the end of the night!)

-KWE, along with the magical team at the Firehouse & our florist, did an amazing job setting up our venue! I was able to drop off some personal items with Kate and a few boxes full of decor at the venue. I didn’t really provide instructions on what I wanted, but I trusted them with their ideas. Ummm...best decision ever. It was perfect!!

-She was patient and warm with all of our guests. She and her assistant had smiles on their faces the entire time!

- We are sure there were plenty of fires Kate had to put out on the day of the wedding, but we (and our families) didn’t have to worry about a thing. My favorite part was forgetting about my garter! Kate and her assistant were quick to fix that and had a garter for me just in time for the toss!!!

Because of KWE, we were able to have the wedding of our dreams. This truly was the best day ever, and we feel that it was in large part due to KWE being behind it. I would recommend her to any of my friends in a heartbeat. Kate, thank you so much!!!!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Jill · Married on 10/13/2017

The best decision you can make for your wedding is to hire KWE! Initially we weren’t sure if we needed planners because we made a lot of decisions and bookings on our own but it soon became way too much to handle, AND you never know what can happen. KWE literally saved us - they got us through 2 venues cancelling, one only 48 hours ahead of our big day. It would have been a nightmare to deal with those issues on our own and there is absolutely no way we could have re-planned the entire event with only 48 hours to go. Sarah was our main planner and she is an absolute star. She took care of LITERALLY EVERYTHING to re-plan our entire event in only 48 hours so we could focus on hosting and enjoying the many guests who arrived ahead of time. At the end of the night we couldn’t believe how amazing everything turned out! As we saw our last guests off we asked her what needed to be done- she just smiled, told us she’d packed our chauffeured car with plenty of food and beverages and that all we needed to do was head back to the hotel and have more fun! YOU NEED KWE. YOU NEED SARAH. SERIOUSLY JUST BOOK THEM NOW. Then pat yourself on the back for being smart enough to know that your time and energy are better spent with your family and friends instead of trying to put on an entirely new event with 48 hours notice. We are forever grateful to Sarah and Kate for dealing with everything so we could enjoy the special time with our friends and family.

Sent on 10/24/2017

• Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • How many planners are on your team? 3

• studioTHP
    studioTHP Wedding Photographers

We've worked with Kate many times; she's awesome at what she does, and it's always a pleasure working with her and her team.

• Shana Beals Makeup Artistry & Skin Studio
    Shana Beals Makeup Artistry & Skin Studio Wedding Hair & Makeup

I have the pleasure of working with Kate on several occasions! She is extremely talented at creating and planning any special event. If you would like the best of the best for your big day, I would highly recommend contacting Kate!

• Sarah Maren Photographers
    Sarah Maren Photographers Wedding Photographers

Kate Miller Events is the BEST event planner, and the only one I recommend to my clients. She is joy to work with and makes my job go so much smoother. She is professional, organized and incredibly creative. She listens to her clients intently, and helps them create stunning events. I can't recommend her enough.

• 1808 Q Street Sacramento, 95811 See on map