Illuminating Ceremonies/Christopher Shelley

Illuminating Ceremonies/Christopher Shelley

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Illuminating Ceremonies/Christopher Shelley

Personalized ceremonies for you and the one you love

PLEASE NOTE THAT MY PRICING IN NEW YORK IS VASTLY DIFFERENT THAN MY PRICING IN OHIO.

I have been a writer ever since I was a kid growing up in Boston, Massachusetts. I became an actor, earning a BFA in Acting from Boston University and living the actor's life in New York City. I earned an MFA in Creative Writing (Fiction) from New York University. I've published short fiction and, most recently, short humor in West 42nd St. magazine.

Officiating weddings calls upon my writing skills, my theater skills, my business skills, and my people skills. I have never been happier in a job. I enjoy helping couples orchestrate the ceremonial aspect of the happiest day of their life. I enjoy coaxing the details of love stories from the minds and the lips of the couples whom I am fortunate enough to call clients. I enjoy helping them find the best words for their best day. I've been doing this for over 5 years, and I hope I'm doing this until I'm 100. (I'm 47.)(But I feel 43.)

I am a licensed Wedding Officiant in New York State and Ohio State. I can also legalize marriages in New Jersey, Kentucky. Arizona, Pennsylvania and probably other States as well. I am a Certified Life-Cycle Celebrant, having graduated from the Celebrant Foundation & Institute with a focus in Wedding Ceremonies.

For four years in a row, I've appeared on 'The Rachael Ray Show', on Valentine's Day, officiating ceremonies in front of a massive national audience. In April 2014, I appeared on Joan Rivers' reality show, 'Joan Knows Best'. I'll miss Joan. She was the most courteous professional I ever met.

While New York City is my home base, I have a residence in Cincinnati, Ohio, where I am also licensed to perform wedding ceremonies and make marriages legal. I also officiate weddings in northern Kentucky, mostly Covington and Newport.

Please note: if you reach out to me, PLEASE let me know where and at what time your wedding will take place, thank you!!!

Categories: Wedding Officiant

Rehearsal (3)
Interfaith Ceremony (2)
Jewish (1)
Baha'i Faith (1)

I was left without an officiant after ours backed out at the very last minute (12 days until our wedding)... and they went above and beyond to help us find someone else, and also to arrange their schedule to try to themselves.

What amazing people!

Profile Picture Kayla, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were referred to Christopher by another Officiant that was already booked. WE LOVED Christopher. He customized the ceremony based on worksheets the bride and groom completed. He then has conversations with them. The ceremony was hilarious and you could tell he put a lot of work into it. So many people came up after and said he was the best officiant they had ever heard. We were in Cop Cot in central park and people were stopping to listen. I was thankful for the humor since it kept me from crying at my daughter's ceremony. I would highly recommend Christopher!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Cathy, 10/20/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

Chris was amazing, patient, funny and understanding. From the moment, we talked to him, we felt like he was the one! We did not want a religious ceremony and Chris was able to customize our wedding down to every little detail. He was a pleasure to work with and even calmed my fears before the ceremony. After the ceremony, everyone raved on what a great officiant we had and were jealous they didn't think of him for their wedding! The ceremony will always be one of my most treasured memories.

View Vendor Response

Weddings 2017

19 Photos

2 VIDEOS

8 ENDORSEMENTS
Christopher is an excellent officiant! He brings his charming, joyful personality to his work and it's evident he gives 100% to every client. There is no such thing as a boring or dry wedding when Christopher is the Officiant!

Christopher is a suburb choice as an officiant for your wedding. I guarantee that you will have a unique and fun wedding ceremony with his creative and lively touch.

Christopher really is illuminating! He is by far the funniest person I know and there won't be a face in the crowd without a smile on their face when Chris performs a ceremony. He is charming, polite and the best listener I know. He will deliver a ceremony that would surely put a smile on even "Aunty Betty that disapproves of this union" face.... Highly recommend.

As officiant, Christopher Shelley will bring so much warmth and humor to the ceremony, illuminating the love between the couple while keeping the atmosphere light and fun. I would have him officiate my own ceremony. He's wonderful.

We had the honor of collaborating on a recent wedding ceremony with Christopher Shelley. In addition to his creative ideas on ways to cleverly incorporate music into the ceremony, Christopher was very personable and easy to communicate with. We recommend his stellar services to those seeking an officiant for their ceremony and we look forward to seeing him again on the job!

Events