Illuminating Ceremonies/Christopher Shelley

Illuminating Ceremonies/Christopher Shelley

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Illuminating Ceremonies/Christopher Shelley

Personalized ceremonies for you and the one you love

PLEASE NOTE THAT MY PRICING IN NEW YORK IS VASTLY DIFFERENT THAN MY PRICING IN OHIO.

I have been a writer ever since I was a kid growing up in Boston, Massachusetts. I became an actor, earning a BFA in Acting from Boston University and living the actor's life in New York City. I earned an MFA in Creative Writing (Fiction) from New York University. I've published short fiction and, most recently, short humor in West 42nd St. magazine.

Officiating weddings calls upon my writing skills, my theater skills, my business skills, and my people skills. I have never been happier in a job. I enjoy helping couples orchestrate the ceremonial aspect of the happiest day of their life. I enjoy coaxing the details of love stories from the minds and the lips of the couples whom I am fortunate enough to call clients. I enjoy helping them find the best words for their best day. I've been doing this for over 5 years, and I hope I'm doing this until I'm 100. (I'm 47.)(But I feel 43.)

I am a licensed Wedding Officiant in New York State and Ohio State. I can also legalize marriages in New Jersey, Kentucky. Arizona, Pennsylvania and probably other States as well. I am a Certified Life-Cycle Celebrant, having graduated from the Celebrant Foundation & Institute with a focus in Wedding Ceremonies.

For four years in a row, I've appeared on 'The Rachael Ray Show', on Valentine's Day, officiating ceremonies in front of a massive national audience. In April 2014, I appeared on Joan Rivers' reality show, 'Joan Knows Best'. I'll miss Joan. She was the most courteous professional I ever met.

While New York City is my home base, I have a residence in Cincinnati, Ohio, where I am also licensed to perform wedding ceremonies and make marriages legal. I also officiate weddings in northern Kentucky, mostly Covington and Newport.

Please note: if you reach out to me, PLEASE let me know where and at what time your wedding will take place, thank you!!!

Categories: Wedding Officiant

Rehearsal (3)
Interfaith Ceremony (2)
Jewish (1)
Baha'i Faith (1)

Chris came highly recommended to us as someone that would bring a non-traditional approach to the wedding ceremony. His style is one of celebration and fun, and he did an excellent job of weaving our personal story into that unique approach. He worked very closely with us throughout the process to make sure everyone was on the same page. He helped us to plan some fun twists, and on the day of the ceremony he made sure to arrive extra early so that he could help coordinate with the readers and the string quartet. No detail was left to chance and our guests were laughing and crying throughout the ceremony. We lost track of how many guests commented afterwards that it was the best wedding ceremony they’ve ever seen, and we will be forever grateful to Chris for making that happen.

Profile Picture Marisa, 6/23/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

OH MY GOD! Where do I even begin? Chris made our wedding ceremony into one of the most memorable experiences of my life. OuR guests have RAVED that this was their favorite ceremony they have ever been to. Chris is simply hilarious, articulate, and clever!

Prior to the wedding, he asked me and my husband to fill out a questionnaire. Based on that, he composed the funniest and sweetest ceremony that includes telling your guests your “love story”. Our guests really enjoyed that. He knew when to be Funny and when to be serious, and he was the perfect balance. Countless friends have asked me for his information!

YOU HAVE TO BOOK HIM!

Photo of Illuminating Ceremonies/Christopher Shelley in New York, NY
View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Elease, 4/21/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Christopher is extraordinary! We didn't really know what we wanted in an officiant but from our first phone call we knew he would set the perfect tone for our wedding day...and he did not disappoint! His questionnaire allowed us to tell our story in our own voices and really take some time to reflect on how special the wedding experience really is. The ease of the whole process was a treat in an otherwise pretty stressful period leading up to the wedding.
Christopher has an amazing ability to connect with everyone in the room. Countless guests told me how much they loved our ceremony: "Best ceremony ever!" "He was so funny and so thoughtful!" "Really special and personal".
We would absolutely recommend Christopher!

Photo of Illuminating Ceremonies/Christopher Shelley in New York, NY

220x220 sq 1501093473392 sunny  joe at battery gardens
220x220 sq 1501093483983 terrace on the park

2 VIDEOS

8 ENDORSEMENTS
Christopher is an excellent officiant! He brings his charming, joyful personality to his work and it's evident he gives 100% to every client. There is no such thing as a boring or dry wedding when Christopher is the Officiant!

Christopher is a suburb choice as an officiant for your wedding. I guarantee that you will have a unique and fun wedding ceremony with his creative and lively touch.

Christopher really is illuminating! He is by far the funniest person I know and there won't be a face in the crowd without a smile on their face when Chris performs a ceremony. He is charming, polite and the best listener I know. He will deliver a ceremony that would surely put a smile on even "Aunty Betty that disapproves of this union" face.... Highly recommend.

As officiant, Christopher Shelley will bring so much warmth and humor to the ceremony, illuminating the love between the couple while keeping the atmosphere light and fun. I would have him officiate my own ceremony. He's wonderful.

We had the honor of collaborating on a recent wedding ceremony with Christopher Shelley. In addition to his creative ideas on ways to cleverly incorporate music into the ceremony, Christopher was very personable and easy to communicate with. We recommend his stellar services to those seeking an officiant for their ceremony and we look forward to seeing him again on the job!

New York, NY 10019   See On Map