Washington, DC 56972 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 25

About Howerton+Wooten Events

Your Wedding Day Should be Like No Other . . .

All of us at Howerton Wooten Events understand that.

And, we know your wedding should reflect you, your love for one another, and your personal style.

That's why our award-winning team works with you to take care of every aspect of your wedding with the utmost respect and impeccable attention to detail.

Our professional, yet relaxed approach allows you the chance to plan your wedding in a fun, stress-free and down-to-earth environment.

We are conveniently located in suburban Maryland, but we have a combined 25 years of experience creating amazing events throughout the U.S., the Caribbean, Canada, and Europe.

Allow us to use that experience to create a memorable wedding you will always cherish.

A wedding day that's unique, romantic, and memorable for all of the right reasons.

Love & Soul Always, Kay Wooten

truxonweddingcollection 370

• Videos 3

43 Reviews for Howerton+Wooten Events

Karen · Married on 04/09/2017

If you are looking for a professional planner with a team of dynamic creative minds to set forth your dream into reality, you need to select Howerton + Wooten Events! Kawania and her team took excellent care of me throughout the entire process. They offer levels of service and the product/bridal consulting I received was definitely worth the value. I truly had piece of mind in knowing every detail was going to be outstanding. If you have seen her on social media or her website, the pictures are a true indication of what she can do! It was alluring to see such beauty from planning the entire event from start to finish and even the alluring visuals of romance in the venue. I am still in awe thinking of all that Kay and her team put into making my wedding a success. I had access with them over the phone, emails, and even through a mobile application! She was my first pick and I interviewed others just to have something to compare and I know I picked a winning team in Howerton + Wooten Events.

Sent on 04/26/2017

Howerton+Wooten Events's reply:

Awww! Thank you so much for your sweet review Karen! You are one busy woman, so I want you to know how much I truly appreciate you taking the time to review our services. Your wedding was so pretty, and I will be talking about it for a long time. I LOVED working with you, and laughing with you, and I will miss our calls! PLEASE stay in touch!

Jessica B. · Married on 08/27/2016

We hired Howerton + Wooten Events for "month of coordination" of our August 2016 wedding in DC. I know Kawania from my job, where she coordinates one of our annual conferences with over 1,000 participants. Seeing her handle the conference year in and year out with such finesse, I just knew she would be able to create order in the chaos that is wedding planning. Kawania and her team kept my husband and I on track with planning and got us through the process. I was on travel for work most of the summer but Kawania was never more than an email or phone call away. The planning software she uses will send daily reminders of tasks that need to be completed--great for Type A people like myself who need checklists.

Our wedding day went off without a hitch and was most importantly, on schedule. If there were any issues that day, we did not know about them.

I would highly recommend Howerton + Wooten Events for weddings. They kept my husband and I "in formation" and sane during the entire process.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Howerton+Wooten Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review Jessica! It was such a pleasure to take care of the two of you and your sweet, sweet wedding! I enjoyed working with you on your wedding day plans, and I definitely loved seeing the two of you enjoy yourself! You deserved it!!

Christopher · Married on 06/04/2016

What We Loved
    We decided to go with Kay because during our initial consultation we found her to be warm and very open and honest. We interviewed several wedding planners, and Kay really made us feel special and that we were not just another number. Kay really went above and beyond during the planning process. We expected her to lean in heavily during the last month, but it really felt like we’d hired a full-time wedding planner. She regularly would email us interesting ideas of design ideas that she would come across. Moreover, she did a lot of extras that were not in her contract, like personally drive to the post office and hand cancelled our wedding invitations. We are also very organized, so we loved that Kay laid out a detailed timeline, helped us refine our budget, and used basecamp to coordinate all the wedding activities and communication.

What Could Be Improved
    There were a couple of areas that we thought Kay could improve on in the future to be an even better wedding planner. First, we thought that Kay could do a better job of prioritizing the things that we told her were important. For us, that was the seating arrangement and a tent in case we had bad weather. Although Kay was great at sending us outside the box ideas throughout the planning process, we felt that she didn’t put enough focus on the things that we really cared about and in the end, we had to step in and manage those elements ourselves. We also thought that Kay could have done a better job of actively seeking feedback from us, especially since we worked so long together. We shared our feedback with her a few months before our wedding, and she was very open and receptive to it. We also saw her incorporate many of these things into her working style before our wedding day.

All in all, we had a very positive experience working with Kay and Kay Wooten Events, and would recommend her to plan a wedding or any large-scale event.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Howerton+Wooten Events's reply:

Thank you so much Christopher and Scott! I truly enjoyed taking care of you and your wedding. I am exceptionally grateful to you for your candor, and I will use your feedback to ensure that I keep the lines of communication open (at all times) with our couples going forward. Again, thank you. Enjoy the remainder of your first year of marriage -- Time goes by way too fast when you are having fun!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• What is the hourly rate? $ 150.00
  • How many planners are on your team? 3

• New York/Washington's Best Musicians, Photo & Video
    New York/Washington's Best Musicians, Photo & Video Wedding Bands

They are the best planners - organized, friendly, always go the extra mile for their clients. We offer the clients of our preferred planners a 10% designer’s discount off our services - photography $750, videography $500, dance bands $1500 + Hire them, you won’t regret it. Best regards, David Fletcher New York - Washington’s Best Musicians, Photo & Video

• Persnickety Bride
    Persnickety Bride Banquet Halls

Kawania is a true joy to work with and is a great resource of information. She prides herself in knowing the bridal industry and is very detailed oriented. She has referred several of her brides to our brand director, who is a former makeup artist. Kawania also hired her to take her wonder head shots. It has been a pleasure working with her and we look forward to connecting again in the future.

• Calligraphy by Angela
    Calligraphy by Angela Wedding Invitations

I recommend the services of Howerton+Wooten Events to make your Wedding Day a one-of-a-kind event that will be remembered and cherished by you and all your guests for years to come. ~~ Angela Neik, www.calligraphybyangela.com 214 957 2155 Dallas Calligrapher

• Washington See on map
    2027067953 (Phone number)
    8008042172 (Other Phone Number)
    8008042172 (Fax Number)
    Consultations are by Appointment Only. Our hours of operation are -- Tuesday - Friday (9:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.) Saturday (9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) Sunday and Monday (Closed)