Howerton+Wooten Events

Bowie, MD View map
$6,000 Package Price

$6,000 Package Price

Your Wedding Day Should be Like No Other . . .

All of us at Howerton Wooten Events understand that.

And, we know your wedding should reflect you, your love for one another, and your personal style.

That's why our award-winning team works with you to take care of every aspect of your wedding with the utmost respect and impeccable attention to detail.

Our professional, yet relaxed approach allows you the chance to plan your wedding in a fun, stress-free and down-to-earth environment.

We are conveniently located in suburban Maryland, but we have a combined 30 years of experience creating amazing events throughout the U.S., the Caribbean, Canada, and Europe.

Allow us to use that experience to create a memorable wedding you will always cherish.

A wedding day that's unique, romantic, and memorable for all of the right reasons.

Love & Soul Always, Kawania Wooten

• Black-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$3,500

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$6,000

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$10,000

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$150

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Day-of Coordination
Event Design
Full Planning
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Cultural
Destination
Elopement
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

• Shina
    Shina M. Married on 02/27/2021

Howerton & Events

Howerton &Wooten Events will forever be in my heart. They made my Micro Wedding look and feel larger the life. Howerton & Wooten Events level of dedication, quality, and professionalism shined through from start to finish. Every aspect of my experience was phenomenal.
    Tanisha R. Married on 02/10/2021

Wedding Planning

Words cannot express how pleased we are about the services we received. We normally do not leave reviews. However, Howerton+Wooten Events was exceptional in every way. Kay was able to understand our vision. Using her expertise, she was able to elevate it and transform it into everything we wanted and more! To say she was a pleasure to work with is an understatement. She is kind and has a warmness about her that makes it very easy to speak with her. As a very busy couple, we trusted her design ideas and felt comfortable allowing her to make decisions for us when needed. We respected her opinion and there was nothing that we second guessed when presented to us. She truly understood us as a couple. Often when couples embark on the journey of wedding planning, they will get bombarded with opinions and suggestions. The first one is if a wedding planner is needed. Again, as a busy couple, we could not have done this without her. Even if we had the time, I guarantee it would not have come out as elegant. In addition, her relationships with vendors made things easier and more economical. However, more important is Kay's ability to manage crisis. Sometimes things may not go as you planned for many reasons. I had a life changing event less than 2 months before our wedding. Kay was there with me the entire time and even after our wedding was complete. The day of the wedding, we had another mini-crisis and Kay stepped in and took care of things. These are characteristics that you want in a wedding planner. Lastly, after looking at other planners, I found Kay's pricing to be reasonable compared to others. She was worth every penny and more! I enthusiastically recommend her services to any bride. I will continue to use her for any future events that I plan.

Howerton+Wooten Events's reply:

Thank you so much Tanisha! You are going to have me over here crying! I enjoyed laughing with you all, eating with you all and planning your wedding with you. Thank you for the opportunity to take care of you. Best wishes on a beautiful life! Love and Soul Always, Kawania
    Karen Married on 04/09/2017
    If you are looking for a professional planner with a team of dynamic creative minds to set forth your dream into reality, you need to select Howerton + Wooten Events! Kawania and her team took excellent care of me throughout the entire process. They offer levels of service and the product/bridal consulting I received was definitely worth the value. I truly had piece of mind in knowing every detail was going to be outstanding. If you have seen her on social media or her website, the pictures are a true indication of what she can do! It was alluring to see such beauty from planning the entire event from start to finish and even the alluring visuals of romance in the venue. I am still in awe thinking of all that Kay and her team put into making my wedding a success. I had access with them over the phone, emails, and even through a mobile application! She was my first pick and I interviewed others just to have something to compare and I know I picked a winning team in Howerton + Wooten Events.

Howerton+Wooten Events's reply:

Awww! Thank you so much for your sweet review Karen! You are one busy woman, so I want you to know how much I truly appreciate you taking the time to review our services. Your wedding was so pretty, and I will be talking about it for a long time. I LOVED working with you, and laughing with you, and I will miss our calls! PLEASE stay in touch!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Team

Kawania Wooten
Kawania Wooten
Principal Consultant

Kawania is the owner and principal consultant of Howerton+Wooten Events. She is a leader and educator in the wedding business industry.

Sheneka Smith
Sheneka Smith
Associate Consultant

Sheneka is an associate consultant with Howerton+Wooten Events. She is excited to provide you with the care you and your wedding deserves.

LaShonda Lee
LaShonda Lee
Associate Consultant

LaShonda is an associate consultant with Howerton+Wooten Events. She has been a member of the team since 2016 and she loves taking excellent care of Howerton+Wooten Events couples.

New York/Washington's Best Musicians, Photo & Video New York/Washington's Best Musicians, Photo & Video Wedding Bands

They are the best planners - organized, friendly, always go the extra mile for their clients. We offer the clients of our preferred planners a 10% designer’s discount off our services - photography $750, videography $500, dance bands $1500 + Hire them, you won’t regret it. Best regards, David Fletcher New York - Washington’s Best Musicians, Photo & Video

The Persnickety Bride The Persnickety Bride Wedding Dresses

Kawania is a true joy to work with and is a great resource of information. She prides herself in knowing the bridal industry and is very detailed oriented. She has referred several of her brides to our brand director, who is a former makeup artist. Kawania also hired her to take her wonder head shots. It has been a pleasure working with her and we look forward to connecting again in the future.

Calligraphy by Angela Calligraphy by Angela Wedding Invitations

I recommend the services of Howerton+Wooten Events to make your Wedding Day a one-of-a-kind event that will be remembered and cherished by you and all your guests for years to come. ~~ Angela Neik, www.calligraphybyangela.com 214 957 2155 Dallas Calligrapher

7919 Orchard Park Way Bowie, MD, 20715
2027067953

Consultations are by Appointment Only. Our hours of operation are -- Tuesday - Friday (9:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.) Saturday (9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) Sunday and Monday (Closed)
Location of (Howerton+Wooten Events)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding