Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
Up to 200 guests

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
Up to 200 guests

Located just minutes from downtown Richmond, Historic Mankin Mansion is a one-of-a-kind, magical estate that dates back to the early 1900’s. Tucked away in a woodland fantasy and surrounded by lush foliage, Historic Mankin Mansion transports you back in time with romance.

Exchange vows in the English Garden on a magnificent brick stage under a singing sycamore tree or in the European Gallery in front of a floor to ceiling grandiose white fireplace under the sparkle of crystal chandeliers.

After you have wed, retire to the patio and lawn for drinks served out of the open-air Pergola bar. Then, move into the Grand Pavilion Tent and let dinner and dancing take the night away! There are even enchantingly secluded sites to escape for some moonlight pictures before your grand exit where you are swept away in a chauffeured luxury car. The best part is that you and your loved ones do not have to lift a finger on your gorgeous wedding day, because Historic Mankin Mansion’s wedding coordinators and DJ have got you covered!

Come visit for a private tour and see for yourself how spectacular Historic Mankin Mansion really is.

• Hispanic or Latinx-owned
  • Woman-owned

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Chairs
Event Planning
Lighting/Sound
Parking
Set Up
Tables

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Historic Building
Inn/B&B
Mansion

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception

What event services do you offer?

Accommodations
Event Planner

• Chantel
    Chantel W. Married on 04/03/2022

Best Wedding Venue In RVA

My husband made the BEST choice ever by choosing HMM as our wedding venue. There is so many wonderful things to say about how our day was extra special due to the kindness, professionalism, and organization of this planning team. Let's start with the planning team. Gillian is absolutely amazing. She made sure that my husband and I lead the decisions with her expert lens right beside us the entire time. For someone who was more on the "organizational/type A" ish type of bride, she was excellent at making sure our details and big picture were captured. When it was time to select wedding vendors she provided a great resource list, and made sure to stay in contact with them as well to make sure everyone was on the same page. We were matched perfectly with a DJ there, and even the financial department was incredibly nice and professional. Next is the venue itself....wow...there is so much to say. This venue is stunning. There are so many hidden gems throughout the venue that are perfect eye catchers for you and your guest, and for pictures. We decided to use the indoor ceremony space and again it was beautiful. I love that they have several complimentary accessory packages that way most main wedding things you may need, they probably already have (i.e., candle holders, easels, welcome signs, seating chart easel, votives, fireworks, chargers, linens, cake/cupcake stands, getaway car etc). Lastly, the customer service was amazing. Every time we had a meeting at the venue we were met with amazing customer service that left my husband and I feeling amazing and excited each time. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Chantel, thank you so much for this wonderful review! We appreciate that you mentioned so many aspects of our venue and are so glad that you felt welcomed, supported and that you made the decisions about your wedding day. We are always here to help your vision come to life! We are so happy you had a great experience with our team and that you and Cris had such a special wedding day! ~ The HMM Planning Team
  • Emily
    Emily B. Married on 01/29/2022

Best Wedding Venue in VA

Getting married at Mankin Mansion was the best choice I made in the entire wedding planning process. The space is beautiful, the planning team is incredible, and they made our day run so perfectly.

We picked Mankin because we wanted an all in one experience, to make our lives easier, and to make it easy for our guests, and they delivered. From the first meeting to our grand exit, as a bride, I knew the entire time that our special day was in great hands.

First of all, Mankin Mansion is simply beautiful. The grounds are amazing, and beautiful year round. And they fully customized our ceremony and reception in the gallery and tent to make it really come together. And the BRIDAL SUITE is to die for. Having a beautiful private space to get ready with my mom and bridesmaids made me feel like a queen. Pictures do not do this venue justice.

Second, the planning team is unmatched. Leah is outstanding. She made it all come together perfectly. She kept me on track with planning, coordinated between all of the vendors to make sure everyone knew just what to do, She made me feel like I was the only wedding she was planning the entire time! And on the day of the wedding, she seamlessly maintained the flow of the day. She even bustled my dress for me outside in 20 degree weather. I wish I had a Leah for real life.

Plus, having the music team available through the venue was so great because it was just one less thing to worry about. All the equipment is there, and they are fully involved in the ceremony and reception planning, so there was no hiccups or confusion.

There just aren’t enough words to describe how happy I am with how perfect our wedding turned out and it is all thanks to the team at HMM. They made sure every detail was handled and made it so that my husband and I were fully present with our friends and family on the happiest days of our lives.

I cannot say enough amazing things about the beautiful venue, but it’s really the team that makes Mankin so special. They are MORE than impressive. They are the ne plus ultra of the wedding industry. They are like family to my husband and I. I am so thankful for all that they did and the amazing memories I will get to cherish forever as a result of their hard work.

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Emily, thank you for your spectacular and detailed words about our HMM Team and Venue! We all wish we had a Leah for real life haha! We are just so thrilled that you had the perfect wedding day. We love you and Daniel so much and could not be more honored that you celebrated your love at the mansion! We LOVE the pictures your included! ~ The HMM Planning Team
  • Aaron
    Aaron J. Married on 10/23/2021

The Perfect Venue to Celebrate Love

We knew from the moment we first visited the Historic Mankin Mansion that this was "our venue." HMM's grounds are gorgeous year-round and is constantly maintained to ensure it is photogenic from every angle. To be honest, it does not feel like you're in Richmond or Virginia when you're there—that's the best part! Historic Mankin Mansion is so unique as a venue, especially for weddings in Virginia where so many couples get married at the vineyards over and over again. HMM is special and was the best to work with. The team is small AND mighty! The owners, Paula and Martin, are with you throughout the process and know how to plan for and execute weddings. Their planners are just as amazing! We worked with Gillian and Lauren and they made us feel loved and respected and cared for throughout the many months we spent planning for our wedding... IT WAS PERFECT! We knew that our wedding was "a dream wedding" and now that we're married, we look back and can still say it was a dream that came true. The entire team is detail-oriented and cares about every moment. As a well experienced team, they share such wonderful insight and ideas for you and are candid—which meant a lot to us. Trust us when we say you want to work with a team that cares about you enough to give you candid feedback and suggestions ... they are experts at what they do!

We truly enjoyed every moment of the process and could not be happier with how our wedding weekend went at HMM. Everything was perfect! Our family and friends are still raving about everything weeks later and continue to share how much they loved our venue, the team, the grounds, and how much fun we had celebrating together. We will cherish our memories at HMM for decades to come and proudly tell our family and friends about the venue that perfectly celebrated our love.

Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort's reply:

Aaron, thank you so much for these incredible words about our HMM Team and Venue! We absolutely loved celebrating you and Tim and your wedding weekend was truly a dream! It was so much fun to work with you both and see your perfect wedding come to life surrounded by the most amazing friends and family. We love you both and wish you all the happiness with your next huge life moments! We LOVE all of the pictures you included, they are so wonderful! ~ The HMM Planning Team

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

23 photos · 08/18/2019
  • Jasmine & Marcellus
    24 photos · 06/23/2018

Susan Bolling Photography Susan Bolling Photography Wedding Photographers

Hands down one of the best outdoor wedding locations in the Central Virginia area. Experienced, professional, accommodating and genuinely warm and welcoming staff. Weddings here just flow, which takes a tremendous amount of work and coordination -- but they make it look effortless. Couples and their families and friends are free to live in and enjoy the moment, which is EXACTLY what truly beautiful weddings are all about.

Attraction Band Attraction Band Wedding Bands

A wonderful location and great team make this a great location for any event

Two Become One Ministry Two Become One Ministry Wedding Officiants

This venue is amazing. Martin & Paula Ramirez are wonderful people and they make sure that every couple has a storybook wedding.

4300 Oakleys Lane Richmond, VA, 23223
Location of (Historic Mankin Mansion Wedding Resort)

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding

Wedding Venues