About Growing Wild Floral Co

Serving the Washington Metro Area

Growing Wild Floral Co  was started in November, 1996 by Barbara Von Elm, the owner and founder. The inspiration for the name came from riding through fields of wild flowers on her horse, Cookie. Flowers were picked and placed in baskets attached to the saddle and brought back to the stable. Whatever Cookie didn’t eat was used for floral arrangements. Barbara’s very first wedding was done on the side of the barn.

Growing Wild is now based out of Barbara's 65 acre flower farm located in Delaplane, Va.

She grows a variety of trendy flowers and botanicals  which she loves to incorporate into her wedding designs. Augmenting arrangements with locally sourced, high quality, organic flowers is not only a great way of going “green” but helps brides get the best possible bang for their floral buck.

Flowers grown at the farm include luscious dahlias, dinner plate dahlias, peonies, lilac, sedum, artemesia, hydrangea, succulents and baptista, to name a few.

Flowers are fresh-cut shortly before the wedding, so they will look their prettiest in your bouquets and arrangements

Today, Barbara works  with a fabulous team of flower growers, floral designers and assistants out of the design studio located on her farm.  Together, they have done over 1600 weddings since its inception ranging in size from 30 to 300.

Venues include large trendy downtown DC hotels and mansions to rustic barns and vineyards.

Over time the company has built up a large repertoire of hard goods including various styles of containers, arches and chuppahs for use by clients;

Come visit and meet the gang, including Duncan and Donuts, our resident miniature donkeys :-)

Photos of the Farm courtesy of: Laura Cotterman Photographer

Non-Floral (4)
Samples (3)
Flower Girl Baskets (2)
Flower Crowns (1)

My husband and I met with her to get a general sense of what we needed and what we liked,
and she sat for 2 hours going through hundreds of photos and taking copious notes to deliver exactly what was expected. I especially appreciated that she was realistic about what was going to be in season,
what would be prohibitively expensive, and what would hold up all day through the wedding. Barbara is very different from other florists that I met with. She is kind, funny and easy to work with. Barbara also worked with my budget and offered great ideas. My bridal bouquet as well as the bridesmaids bouquets had perfectly coordinated colors and the textures were stunning and rich. On our wedding day, when I saw our flowers first time I was amazed by her work.
I knew they would be beautiful, but they were more beautiful then anything i ever imagined. We got so many comments from guests on gorgeous our centerpieces and fire place flower arrangements was. Thank you so much for making our wedding perfect. I highly recommend Growing Wild and working with Barbara.

Profile Picture Rino, 1/21/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Venue Visit

Barbara is the best. She did the best flower arrangement that I could not even imagine. Her work was beyond my imagination. Everything was so perfect. I have never seen anyone helping their customer so much. She has always worked with me on my budget. For some stuff she went out of her way just to help me n make my wedding the best.

Profile Picture Rashi, 1/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Venue Visit

Growing Wild Floral Co Pricing

21 Photos

Brides

20 Photos

7 ENDORSEMENTS
We highly recommend Barabara of Growing Wild. She was even the florist for our blizzard wedding and the bride's flowers were still stunning. We are always thrilled when we know it's her work will be shooting. She is creative and amazing to work with!

Growing Wild time and time again comes in at budget and provides a gorgeous product. My clients are always thrilled with the bouquets and arrangements. Growing Wild is always on time at the beginning and end of the event. Responses via email are always timely, and appointments are easy to make. But ultimately it comes down to the floral design. The array of props is wide, and the quality of the floral is just stunning. You can't go wrong when you hire Growing Wild.

Barbara's flowers are always amazing and our clients really enjoy working with her. We look forward to any event that employs her floral decor.

We have worked with Growing Wild Floral Co several times in the past, and they are a joy to work with. Their staff is friendly and efficient, and their arrangements are absolutely breathtaking.

We enjoy having Barbara and Growing Wild in our venue. Her flowers are creative and fabulous. She is wonderful to work with. Growing Wild truly does exceed our expectations.

Events

Delaplane, VA 20144   See On Map
571-236-4420 (phone)
Growing Wild Floral Co is a wedding florist and floral designer from Delaplane, Va. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Washington DC, Northern VA, and parts of Maryland. Growing Wild Floral Co is a professional wedding florist and floral designer that has been part of the Washington, DC wedding industry for 15 years. We specialize in locally sourced, organic flowers from our farm.