Growing Wild Floral Co Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Lindsay
    Lindsay H. Married on 12/10/2021

Perfect flowers for the special day.

I loved visiting Barbara's flower farm and seeing her gardens. She was a joy to work with and listened well to what I was picturing for the wedding day. Her flower selections and colors were gorgoues and the arrragements were absolutely beautiful. I'm so happy I got to work with her and highly recommend Growing Wild Floral Co!
  • Jacqueline
    Jacqueline M. Married on 10/16/2021

Stunning Wedding Flowers

We had the most beautiful floral arrangement for our wedding from Barbara. She met with us ahead of time to discuss my vision for the wedding and incorporated a stunning arrangement of dahlias and roses. We received so many compliments on our bouquets, table arrangements, and the floral arch. Would highly recommend!
  • Ileana
    Ileana Married on 10/02/2021

Delightful and Creative Florist

I loved working with Barbara on our wedding flowers. She invited us to come to her farm before the wedding to see what she had, it was amazing. When I had to reschedule, she was easy to work with, but we had to change up some of the flowers because it was from April to October, and there's seasonality when it comes to flowers. In the weeks before the wedding she let me know that because of the change in season we should change up our approach- at that point, I thought it would be best to let her do her thing, and that's exactly what happened. We had an amazing pink flowers and blue & white vases entry arrangement. Our guests raved about the flowers and it was wonderful working with Barbara and her team. We are so grateful she was part of our team!
  • Becca
    Becca P. Married on 10/01/2021

Barbara is an artist!

Working with Barbara is an unforgettable experience unto itself. She invited us to come visit the farm in VA so we could see where the flowers are grown and we got to meet her and her friendly dogs. When discussing our plans for flowers, her inspiration and enthusiasm were contagious and made me so excited and confident that they would be awesome. And boy did she deliver--our floral arrangements were gorgeous and luscious and so much better than I could have imagined! One of the best wedding decisions we made!
  • Tamara
    Tamara B. Married on 08/29/2021

Brought Our Vision to Life

Barbara and Growing Wild Floral were wonderful to work with in the lead-up to our wedding and the final product on our wedding day was totally breathtaking. After talking and meeting with Barbara a number of times, including going out to visit her flower farm in VA, we had high hopes for how everything would come together on our wedding day. Even still, the final product blew us away and totally exceeded even our expectations. Barbara was able to listen to our vision and then use her own creativity (and availability of flowers on her farm) to bring it to life and knocked it out of the park. We cannot recommend her and her team highly enough as a part of your wedding day!
    Chelsea J. Married on 03/21/2021

Beautiful flowers

Barbara was so wonderful throughout our wedding planning process. We had to postpone and downsize our wedding drastically due to COVID, and Barbara was extremely flexible with us. She even delivered beautiful flowers (that had already been ordered for our March 2020 wedding) to our apartment at the beginning of the pandemic. She worked with us to decrease our order for our much smaller 2021 wedding and did amazing work on all the bouquets and arrangements. The flowers were gorgeous and we were amazed by how wonderful everything looked. We were so happy to have been able to work with Barbara for our wedding.
    Paula W. Married on 03/10/2021

Wonderful Experience

We *loved* working with Barbara! Barbara listened to what we wanted, and helped us stay in budget. I had been turned off by other florists who kept trying to "upsell" flowers, but Barbara really listened to what we wanted and was wonderfully flexible. A few weeks before the wedding we got to visit her farm and pick the flowers and colors we wanted from her fields. We loved that we were able to source some local flowers for our wedding. For some added whimsy, Barbara clandestinely worked with my mom who wanted to surprise me with some extra arrangements -- Barbara's discretion led to a wonderful surprise on our wedding day, and truly beautiful arrangements. She is a true artist!
  • Courtney
    Courtney Married on 10/17/2020

Barbara does amazing work!

Both my sister and I both used growing wild for our weddings. I got so many complements on our flowers - we used a lot of color and Barbara helped us pick our colors based on the dress color for the bridesmaids. I didn't have really specific ideas on what I wanted so I let her do a lot of what she wanted - which we were both happy with! I couldn't have been happier with how all the flowers turned out!
  • Steve
    Steve A. Married on 10/04/2020

Exceeded Expectations Every Step of the Way

Barbara is truly a class act and is, unsurprisingly, phenomenal at her job. She was responsive, creative, easy to work with, affordable, prompt, and everything else you could ever want. At times it was like she could read our mind in knowing what it was that we wanted! Truly cannot recommend her enough to anyone in the D.C. or Northern Virginia area. Growing Wild is as good as they come!
  • Britany
    Britany H. Married on 09/26/2020

Beautiful Flowers for our wedding

Wow, I was so happy with the flowers that Barbara selected and put together for our wedding. The arrangements were beautiful!! It well exceeded my expectations. Barbara is great to work with as well. We gave her some colors and ideas, but she said trust her, and it paid off! She also grows a lot of her flowers, and we really loved that the flowers were local to the area as much as possible.
  • Nancy
    Nancy C. Married on 02/07/2020

Talented and passionate

Barbara is a genius. Her work is incredible. The best thing I did was to give her our color palette and let her work her magic. She is a true experienced professional who has such a passion for what she does. If you can give her some creative freedom to do what she does best, she won’t disappoint. She came highly recommended from a friend and I recommend her just as highly.
  • Audrey
    Audrey Married on 01/18/2020

Incredible!

Amazing service. Barbara is the absolute best. From the very first consult through the day of the wedding, Barbara ensured she zeroed in on our vision of the event. I'm not at all a flower or plant expert, nor did I have a Pinterest vision board of what I envisioned. Fear not! Barbara had tons of photos at the ready, organized by color and was able to give my fiance and I candid comments on which flowers were seasonally appropriate (I got married in mid-February), which flowers were within our budget (AWESOME), and which ones matched our overall vibe (classy, with a bit of funk). She also asked for some trust to design the bouquets, and I'm so so happy with how they all looked. They were amazing!
    Set-up and tear down during the wedding was also amazing. Her staff arrived right on time, set up the centerpieces and the chupah beautifully, and then arrived later that evening to tear everything down. Our guests kept telling us how beautiful everything looked, and we know Growing Wild played a big part of that!
    Lastly - Barbara will absolutely work with your budget! We were so appeciative of this last bit!
    Passing on all our thanks to Barbara and the Growing Wild team. We'd consider using them for another event in a heartbeat.
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin Married on 12/14/2019

Gorgeous Flowers! Highly Recommend.

Growing Wild is fantastic - I don't know much about flowers at all, but between asking plenty of questions about the general vision for our wedding and sharing Pinterest photos, Barbara really hit the nail on the head! She worked within our budget and I love that she grows her own flowers. Everything turned out beautifully and wintry (as we hoped!) and I'm still getting compliments on my bouquet months later. Highly recommend!
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 12/07/2019

Wonderful experience using Growing Wild for a DC wedding

My mom and I had a wonderful experience working with Barbara as the florist for my wedding in December 2019 in DC. I would highly recommend Growing Wild - Barbara's work is really beautiful and she's a delight to work with!

Barbara was happy to guide us through the floral planning process, including hosting us at her farm in Winchester to show us examples of her work as well as flowers, candles, and containers available. She is easy to communicate with, which was helpful as my mom aided in planning from out of state. Barbara was also extremely generous with her time, including helping with day-of on-site floral delivery, installation, and breakdown. During the wedding set-up, she made sure we were happy with all the arrangements and had a beautiful magnolia leaf lantern display on the steps outside of our venue. So thankful we went with Growing Wild!
  • Mary
    Mary M. Married on 10/19/2019

Storybook Whimsical

Barbara was an absolute pleasure to work with. She sat down with us to get to know us and our ideas at her beautiful farm. Barbara went above and beyond our expectations! We felt like we were in a storybook after it was all set up. With the help of Terry, the venue was gorgeous after set up and they even broke everything down.
  • Laura
    Laura Married on 09/14/2019

Trust Barbara - the results will be BEAUTIFUL

Barbara is the real deal. I was referred to her by two family members, and now we like to call her our family florist. Once she had done one wedding, we were all hooked!
    What is so special about Growing Wild Floral is that it is so true to it’s name – Barbara has her own farm and grows the flowers herself. This gives a very unique opportunity, which we took full advantage of. I knew from the beginning she was a professional and I should defer to her on making everything look beautiful. I trusted her completely, and I am SO glad I did! I spoke with her a few weeks before the wedding and we were going over colors and flowers and any final changes, and she knew which of her flowers were at their best. She is a true artist – and when she says if you trust her she will make it beautiful – trust her! I gave her colors I liked and access to my pinterest page, and let me tell you, she exceeded any and all expectations with her arrangements.
    The other really wonderful thing about GWF is that you can rent the centerpieces – that way the cost can be reduced significantly and you can have absolutely beautiful options. We ended up going with half tall and half short – with big gold vases. They were STUNNING – truly out of a fairytale beautiful. This wouldn’t have been possible using other vendors.
    Barbara is also just the sweetest person – she cares deeply about her work and her passion just explodes out of her when she’s talking about your wedding. Talking to her gave me a sense of ease and excitement, even as all the planning was getting stressful and we were down to the wire. I can’t recommend her highly enough. Hire her and trust her – you will not regret it and you will have an unforgettably beautiful wedding!
    Daniel Married on 09/01/2019

We loved visiting her farm - flowers looked great!

Barbara was great. We did an early interview with her many months before our ceremony to go over what we wanted. She gave us great advice. We then went to visit her beautiful farm in Virginia to see what flowers she would be using a few weeks before our wedding. Overall her flowers looked amazing and really made for a beautiful event. We highly recommend her services!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra Married on 08/25/2019

Best Florist in DC

Can't say enough about Barbara and her flowers. We didn't really know what to expect with the final product but we trusted in her and we're so glad we did. The flowers were beautiful and blew away my expectations. She listened to our vision and used the flowers from her garden to make it happen. She was also very reasonably priced because she grows so many of her own flowers. She is fun to work with and very passionate about what she does. You won't regret hiring her!!
  • Christine
    Christine R. Married on 07/13/2019

Absolutely Stunning!

Barbara and her team gave us the perfect touch to our big day with the flowers of our dreams! We had several different flower arrangements from personal bouquets to the church flowers to the dinner table settings and they perfected them all! We met with Barbara twice before our big day and showed her lots of inspiration pictures. She knew exactly what to do and asked us to "trust her". I'm so glad we did! We love the fact that she grows the flowers on her farm in Virginia and it was an awesome option to just "rent" some of the vases and such, which she came back for at the end of the evening. We highly recommend Growing Wild to all future brides!!
    Kerry Married on 07/06/2019

Highly recommend

I feel so lucky we found Barbara and her company - she and her team are truly talented. At our first meeting, Barbara spent over an hour with me looking at flowers and getting a sense of what I liked. She sent me a comprehensive flower description and price quote days later. About two weeks before the big day, we spoke again and checked in! The flowers on the wedding day exceeded my expectations - they were EXACTLY what I was envisioning (but of course, could not describe myself). Barbara totally understood what I was going for and made my vision come to life. Even better, her price was better than others I spoke to - in part because she has her own farm! I cannot recommend Barbara and Growing Wild enough!
    Marie-Elena Married on 06/22/2019

Barbara was amazing! Highly recommend!

Barbara was amazing from start to finish. She made me feel comfortable with flowers that would be available for my June wedding and recommended many cost saving options (like mixing high and low centerpieces). She also used my high center pieces as flowers during my ceremony. So many guests commented on how beautiful my flowers looked and I could not recommend Growing Wild any more!
    Susan Married on 06/15/2019

Perfect Florist for Us!

Growing Wild was the perfect florist for us! I was the indecisive bride and did not know what type of flowers/centerpieces/bouquets I wanted for the wedding. Barbara met with us, asked some questions about colors/venue/etc, showed us some beautiful examples, and then (with my permission) took the reins! She created the most gorgeous centerpieces and bouquets for myself and my bridesmaids--even better than I could have imagined! Barbara was incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, punctual, professional, and a great florist for our wedding. We highly recommend Growing Wild Florals!
  • Amy
    Amy Married on 06/02/2019

Gorgeous flowers!

The flowers from our wedding were gorgeous! We wanted a romantic, garden-like feel to our wedding and the flowers were perfect! She made sure to include my favorite flowers in my bouquet as well as the bridesmaid bouquets. The colors were perfect!
  • Rachel
    Rachel H. Married on 05/31/2019

Gorgeous Flowers

Our flowers from Barbara were unbelievable- she took everything we mentioned and made beautiful arrangements that were exactly what we wanted. Many of the flowers came from her garden, which we loved.
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing wild florals for Brunch Wedding

Barbara was amazing to work with - she's a true artist. I knew I liked her the moment I met her. I encourage couples working with her to just trust her when she asks for 'flex' - my wedding florals were better than I imagined and I was so excited about the added environmental sustainability of flowers from her own farm. She did a great job incorporating a design idea I wanted of flowers in teapots - they looked so cute!! I wish that flowers could last forever - hers were beautiful.