First Comes Love Weddings & Events

La Jolla, CA View map
$3,500 Package Price

$3,500 Package Price

We believe that the wedding planning process can be just as memorable and fun as the wedding itself. We take your vision and pair it with our expertise to create an inspired event that showcases how awesome you are as a couple.

At First Comes Love, we take a value approach to wedding planning. We know you are investing a lot of time and money into the day – so let’s work together to find the best wedding professionals to create your personal dream team – for whatever budget and priorities you have.

It is so important for you to be able to confide in us and tell us anything and everything about your wedding – we want our clients to feel comfortable with us, so much so that most of our clients become friends and we keep in touch after the wedding.

WHERE YOU'LL FIND US

We’re preferred planners at over 20 wedding venues including Scripps Seaside Forum, US Grant Hotel, La Valencia, The Prado at Balboa Park, Rancho Valencia, The Inn at Rancho Santa Fe, Manchester Grand Hyatt, Loews Coronado and many more! We’ve been published too! You can find our wedding featured in San Diego Style Weddings, Exquisite Weddings, The Knot, 100 Layer Cake, Style Me Pretty and Green Wedding Shoes, just to name a few.

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$1,300

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$3,500

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$5,500

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$150

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Day-of Coordination
Event Design
Full Planning
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Cultural
Destination
Double Weddings
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

4.7 out of 5 rating

Katie H. Married on 04/30/2022

Want a seamlessly fun, organized wedding? First Comes Love is your answer

Amy DaSilva with First Comes Love is the best in the business. Our wedding at La Valencia on 4/30/22 was absolutely wonderful and most of it has to do with how well organized she made the day. Crazy things will happen at your wedding, and having Amy support you will make all the difference. She literally fixed my dress bustle on the dance floor with safety pins. Absolutely incredible. If you want a successful wedding. PLEASE hire First Comes Love. Do it!
  • Helen
    Helen C. Married on 12/11/2021

Highly Recommend!

We loved working with Amy and her team at First Comes Love! She is an expert in all things wedding and we received many compliments from our guests that our wedding was one of the smoothest run weddings that they had ever been to. The word that everyone keeps saying is 'perfect.' She was easily accessible and was great about answering our many questions and emails. Would highly recommend Amy to anyone!
    Savannah S. Married on 08/14/2021

Exceptional

We hired First Comes Love for our August 2021 wedding, and it was absolutely the best decision we could have made. Amy and her team are absolutely incredible! She was so supportive and helpful every step of the way. Amy truly made me feel so comfortable and well taken care of through the planning process, up until the end of our wedding day. We truly could not have had such a successful day without her. Amy is so experienced, knowledgeable, kind, and professional. I cannot explain in just one review how great she and her team were. Truly the best of the best. If you get the chance to hire First Comes Love, do it! You will not regret it.
  • illustration stars

Team

Amy Ulkutekin
Amy Ulkutekin
Owner / Wedding Planner

Over the years I’ve learned that what’s really important about a wedding is the couple coming together and being surrounded by friends and family. I love learning about my clients, their lives and what makes them happy. This allows me to hone in on what’s really important to them and help them create the most memorable day imaginable.

If you ask anyone, I’m a stickler for detail and my timelines are on point! I can be a bulldog, but only when I have to (in the best interest of my clients of course!) I founded First Comes Love with my best friend Lindsay in 2008 and took a huge leap of faith by leaving my job working for the world’s largest PR firm. But I’m so glad I did and have been so grateful that phenomenal couples like you allow me to call this my job.

Lindsay Johnson
Lindsay Johnson
Partner, Creative Director and Event Manager

I love anything and everything about design. I started in the wedding industry while I was in college. I worked for a wedding florist and a wedding photographer and got to see how design played into each of their roles.

I’m also a graphic designer so feel that all of my collective experience really helps me to create stunning weddings for my couples. When we launched First Comes Love, it was the perfect balance of design and logistics for me. I get to make things look pretty and keep the day running smoothly. I want my clients to have fun and be able to relax at their wedding.

Chardae Jones
Chardae Jones
Event Manager

I began working for a wedding venue and caterer in 2007, and I was hooked–I loved the excitement, the tiny details, and even the long hours. Eventually, I moved into corporate event marketing, but weddings have always remained my passion.

My marketing background provides a balance of creativity and detail-oriented project management skills, which ensure that a couple’s special day is executed seamlessly from beginning to end. I feel so privileged to help bring a couple’s vision to life while allowing them to enjoy every moment of it.

I love that every wedding is different from the next. I’m always excited to see the unique aspects each couple will incorporate into their wedding day.

Music Phreek DJ & Lighting Music Phreek DJ & Lighting Wedding DJs

I'm always excited whenever I get to work with Amy and her wonderful team! She is so talented at what she does and she truly cares about all her clients to the highest degree.

321 Smile Photo Booth 321 Smile Photo Booth Photo Booths

I've been working with Amy and her teams since my own wedding 4 years ago. They are always on top of every situation and you know you can count on them to make sure you event goes perfectly. From pre-planning to post even you always know First Comes Love is going to put your event FIRST!

Taylor Films Taylor Films Wedding Videographers

We love woring with First Comes Love! Amy is the best!

5785 La Jolla Boulevard Suite A La Jolla, 92037
6195011695
Location of (First Comes Love Weddings & Events)

Other vendors in San Diego for your wedding