First Comes Love Weddings & Events

5785 La Jolla Boulevard Suite A, La Jolla, CA 92037 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 2
  • Meet the Team

About First Comes Love Weddings & Events

We believe that the wedding planning process can be just as memorable and fun as the wedding itself. We take your vision and pair it with our expertise to create an inspired event that showcases how awesome you are as a couple.

At First Comes Love, we take a value approach to wedding planning. We know you are investing a lot of time and money into the day – so let’s work together to find the best wedding professionals to create your personal dream team – for whatever budget and priorities you have.

It is so important for you to be able to confide in us and tell us anything and everything about your wedding – we want our clients to feel comfortable with us, so much so that most of our clients become friends and we keep in touch after the wedding.

WHERE YOU'LL FIND US

We’re preferred planners at over 20 wedding venues including Scripps Seaside Forum, US Grant Hotel, La Valencia, The Prado at Balboa Park, Rancho Valencia, The Inn at Rancho Santa Fe, Manchester Grand Hyatt, Loews Coronado and many more! We’ve been published too! You can find our wedding featured in San Diego Style Weddings, Exquisite Weddings, The Knot, 100 Layer Cake, Style Me Pretty and Green Wedding Shoes, just to name a few.

Follow First Comes Love Weddings & Events on

inn at rancho santa fe wedding first comes love 51 205635 157929162885787

60 Reviews for First Comes Love Weddings & Events

• Marina

Marina - · Married on 10/06/2020

Amy was the best teammate a bride and groom could ask for!

We hit the wall interviewing too many wedding planners and felt a huge weight fall off our shoulders when we met Amy. After just one phone call, we knew that we wanted her on our team! Her communication style was so easy-going and she was always right on top of everything--she would mention an update and before we knew it, we had an email with details in our inbox. Our wedding was in Valle de Guadalupe, at a facility that had hosted only a handful of weddings prior to ours, so we had our work cut out for us in carving out an event path with them. Amy was a very flexible partner in meeting us down in the region several times for walk-thrus and face-to-face meetings. She helped iron out wrinkles and was very resourceful in making our dreams come true. We would send her pictures of things we wanted, like shot glasses to gift our guests, and within a few pushes of a button she found them for us. On the day of, Amy and her team were swiftly organizing everything behind the scenes with smiles on their faces, making us and all of our guests feel supremely cared for. They set everything up to a tee, with meticulous attention to detail, moved the day along right on schedule, and even met us with a plate of appetizers to scarf down before we walked into our reception. So many of our friends came up to us afterwards to say that our wedding planner did such a wonderful job! We are so pleased to have met and worked with Amy. She executed our wedding exactly as we had envisioned, and has given us the fond memories of the day to last a lifetime.

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Brianna

Brianna Beck · Married on 10/03/2020

Absolutely Incredible

Amy was the absolute best wedding planner we could have ever, ever hoped for. Pre-covid, she helped us plan everything early, kept us on track and was always available to answer our questions. We always felt better after talking with her, which was key for any stressful moments. Once all of our plans changed, she worked tirelessly to help us navigate what our wedding would be. She helped us turn our covid wedding into the actual wedding of our dreams. She took care of all the negotiating and coordinating with the vendors, so thanks to her we kept our original date, location and in a matter of weeks put together a brand new design that was better than our original.

In general, I cannot recommend having a planner enough, no matter what size your wedding is. Definitely go with Amy and the First Comes Love team, they are truly incredible.

Sent on 10/31/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

First Comes Love Weddings & Events Pricing

First Comes Love Weddings & Events Price Rates

First Comes Love Weddings & Events FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 1300
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 3500
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 5500
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What is the hourly rate?
    $ 150
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Day-of Coordination
    Event Design
    Full Planning
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Cultural
    Destination
    Double Weddings
    Eco-Friendly
    Military
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

2 Real Weddings

Team of First Comes Love Weddings & Events

Amy Ulkutekin

Amy Ulkutekin

Owner / Wedding Planner

Over the years I’ve learned that what’s really important about a wedding is the couple coming together and being surrounded by friends and family. I love learning about my clients, their lives and what makes them happy. This allows me to hone in on what’s really important to them and help them create the most memorable day imaginable.

If you ask anyone, I’m a stickler for detail and my timelines are on point! I can be a bulldog, but only when I have to (in the best interest of my clients of course!) I founded First Comes Love with my best friend Lindsay in 2008 and took a huge leap of faith by leaving my job working for the world’s largest PR firm. But I’m so glad I did and have been so grateful that phenomenal couples like you allow me to call this my job.

Lindsay Johnson

Lindsay Johnson

Partner, Creative Director and Event Manager

I love anything and everything about design. I started in the wedding industry while I was in college. I worked for a wedding florist and a wedding photographer and got to see how design played into each of their roles.

I’m also a graphic designer so feel that all of my collective experience really helps me to create stunning weddings for my couples. When we launched First Comes Love, it was the perfect balance of design and logistics for me. I get to make things look pretty and keep the day running smoothly. I want my clients to have fun and be able to relax at their wedding.

Chardae Jones

Chardae Jones

Event Manager

I began working for a wedding venue and caterer in 2007, and I was hooked–I loved the excitement, the tiny details, and even the long hours. Eventually, I moved into corporate event marketing, but weddings have always remained my passion.

My marketing background provides a balance of creativity and detail-oriented project management skills, which ensure that a couple’s special day is executed seamlessly from beginning to end. I feel so privileged to help bring a couple’s vision to life while allowing them to enjoy every moment of it.

I love that every wedding is different from the next. I’m always excited to see the unique aspects each couple will incorporate into their wedding day.

View team

• Music Phreek DJ & Lighting Wedding DJs

I'm always excited whenever I get to work with Amy and her wonderful team! She is so talented at what she does and she truly cares about all her clients to the highest degree.

• 321 Smile Photo Booth Photo Booths

I've been working with Amy and her teams since my own wedding 4 years ago. They are always on top of every situation and you know you can count on them to make sure you event goes perfectly. From pre-planning to post even you always know First Comes Love is going to put your event FIRST!

• Taylor Films Wedding Videographers

We love woring with First Comes Love! Amy is the best!

• 5785 La Jolla Boulevard Suite A La Jolla, 92037 See on map
    619-514-4374 (Phone number)
    Location of (First Comes Love Weddings & Events)