Herndon, VA 20170 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Diane Stanley, Marriage Officiant

Marriage Officiant- Authorized to perform marriages in Virginia and Maryland
Non-religious Ceremony, Civil Union, Interfaith Ceremony from all Religions -Renewal of Vows

CONGRATULATIONS!

Upon retiring from the Circuit Court of Fairfax County at the end of 2000, I was appointed as a Marriage Celebrant. Since that time I have married nearly 3000 couples. My hours are very flexible and I enjoy traveling to new locations. A commitment of love is one of the most meaningful moments in a persons life. Some couples decide to celebrate this special moment with a simple private ceremony. Others decide to have a large celebration to invite their family and friends to celebrate with them.
Whether you decide to get married at the Courthouse, in your home, in a park, a historic mansion or in a ballroom the ceremony will be very beautiful and meaningful.

It would be an honor to help you start your new life together as a married couple!

If you are planning to renew your wedding vows, I would be happy to assist you.

Also available for destination weddings

Available 7 days a week

On the preferred list of several area wedding sites.

Also available for rehearsals, vendor selection and planning

"I Love What I Do"

Diane Stanley, Marriage Officiant 1
Diane Stanley, Marriage Officiant 2

Melinda B · Married on 11/10/2018

Great Decision

We met Diane about 10 months prior to our wedding and knew right away that we were going to choose her to officiate our wedding. She is such a pro and provided us with a ton of great info and insight on how to obtain our marriage certificate and prepare for a seamless ceremony. Diane was super responsive and easy to work with. We had no worries about the ceremony leading up to our big day. We received a lot of compliments from our guests that she did a great job and kept things light and humorous while remaining professional. We would definitely recommend choosing Diane to officiate your wedding!

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 11/04/2018

Diane is the best!

Diane is incredible. We reached out to her after learning that the laws in VA would not allow the friend that we had asked to officiate us to legally marry us as she is not a resident of VA. Diane told us when we met with her initially a few months ago that she had presided over 3,000 weddings! Talk about a pro. She is easy to connect with and you can tell that she truly cares about you and wants to make sure your experience is the best ever. Diane was super flexible from the start and gave us several options (she could witness our friend do the whole ceremony and fill out the paperwork, split it with her, or legally marry us just after or prior to the "ceremony." We opted to split the ceremony with our friend and we are so glad we did. The transition was flawless and natural. We wanted to write our own ceremony, but Diane also provided us with a template of her own and we ended up meshing the two scripts together for the final. She was unable to attend our rehearsal due to a scheduling conflict, but we felt 100% confident that she would be prepared and ready the day of and she certainly delivered. My friend opened the ceremony and then handed the reigns over to Diane. She came with our script printed in her book and she even color coordinated her outfit to match our colors which was such a thoughtful touch. When we were exchanging our vows that we had written ourselves we even noticed that she sniffled a bit as well which was so touching. You can tell she really loves what she does and we so appreciate everything she did to help us prepare and guide us through the ceremony. Thank you Diane! It was such a touching and perfect celebration and we (literally) could not have done it without you.

Sent on 12/01/2018

Diane Stanley, Marriage Officiant's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a joy to be part of your beautiful wedding day. Diane

Mariel · Married on 10/06/2018

We couldn't have picked a better choice for our ceremony officiant than Diane. From the beginning, she was friendly, responsive, and professional. We met up with her at a coffee shop in advance of our wedding and talked through our idea of a ceremony and she provided us with various options and scripts that we could use for guidance. She requested we send her our decision on ceremony a few weeks out, but we were in the throws of wedding planning, and she did not mind at all that we sent our readings and choice of ceremony script etc. a little late. On our rehearsal day, everyone was running behind due to traffic, and Diane was on time and so kind and not phased that we were all running behind. She was very calm and collected and did a great job at talking us through how the ceremony would run, putting any of my uncertainty at ease. By the time I had arrived - she had already won my parents over and they were chatting like old friends :) My family and friends immediately loved her for her kind demeanor, she was so friendly and really seemed excited to be supporting us and our wedding. The rehearsal went great. Then on the wedding day, she was such a calming presence for us and set us as ease while we were center stage - we were so happy that she married us. She was well spoken, spoke with a wonderful pace and tone, she incorporated everything we had requested and the ceremony was perfect. We are so happy we chose Diane, and if we could turn back time and do it all over again, we would choose her again. Diane - thank you so much for helping to make our big day absolutely perfect. We are so lucky you were part of wedding journey and any couple is lucky to have you! Thank you a million times over! - Mariel & John

Sent on 12/01/2018

Diane Stanley, Marriage Officiant's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. I enjoyed your family so much. It was my first time at the venue and I absolutely loved it. Your wedding was beautiful and I was happy to be a part of your wedding. Diane

Diane Stanley, Marriage Officiant FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 253.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Rehearsal
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 50.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 102.00
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • What languages do you speak? English

• Lux Photography
    Lux Photography Wedding Photographers

I've worked with Diane on multiple occasions over the past 8+ years. Every ceremony she has performed has gone flawlessly. She has a level of professionalism combined with friendliness that makes my happy to say any couple would be fortunate to have her officiating on their wedding. day. From big formal weddings to small intimate elopements with just the couple she knows how to make sure the focus stays on the marriage and reflects each of her couples personalities.

• Clyde's Willow Creek Farm
    Clyde's Willow Creek Farm Barn & Farm Weddings

Diane has been a constant through the years here- small and larger weddings. She is punctual and friendly- always a joy to know she is the officiant.

• Darla Photography
    Darla Photography Wedding Photographers

Alway heart warming, involving the entire wedding. Darla Darla Photography

• Herndon, VA 20170 See on map
    7039280824 (Other Phone Number)