1908 Kensington Drive, Hampton, VA 23663 Map · Phone number
  • Photos
  • Real Weddings 1

About Desirees Custom Sewing

"I am a wedding dress alterations specialist and former wedding dressmaker designer serving the Hampton Roads area of Virginia and parts of North Carolina.

Fashion experts all agree that "without fit... there is no style." This is especially true of wedding dresses. So it is important that you choose someone with a lot of experience in fitting and sewing wedding dresses.

For over 34 years I have been helping brides look ’picture perfect’ for their wedding day. How do I accomplish this? "By making sure your wedding gown fits perfectly!"

A custom fit is crucial! The skills and knowledge that I acquired from designing and making wedding dresses, helped fine tune my alterations skills. Because of this I have achieve a skill level that most wedding dress alterations specialist rarely reach. But guess what?

"The knowledge I’ve acquired as a wedding dressmaker will benefit you." How?

"You will receive the look and fit usually only experienced when wearing a custom made wedding gown!" When you pick the bridal gown that is right for you and have the correct alterations made to it... your dress becomes your perfect wedding dress.

Notice...the key to having your dress fit right is by picking the right one from the beginning. There is help available. Where? Through my website... you can receive help in the beginning of your wedding dress search to find the perfect wedding dress.

Buying the right dress , saves you money when it comes to the alterations needed later. If you are at this stage... you can read tips and advice on how to choose, find, buy and alter the dress that is perfect for you.

"My goal is to help you become the picture perfect bride so that you can experience that ’wow factor’ when you walk down the aisle in you dream wedding gown!"

Note: Limited spaces available due to reduced hours of operation.

Follow Desirees Custom Sewing on

77 Reviews for Desirees Custom Sewing

Desirees Custom Sewing 1
Desirees Custom Sewing 2
Desirees Custom Sewing 3

Jaclyn · Married on 11/02/2018

Desiree was wonderful! Her work is flawless, my dress doesn't even look like it has been altered, and it fits perfectly. She made suggestions and subtle changes to make my dress fit best and comfortable to wear. (Such as moving hanger straps so I wouldn't have to worry about them on my wedding day, suggesting a hook to make sure my bra stayed hidden) I HIGHLY recommend her.

Sent on 09/19/2018

Nikki · Married on 10/19/2018

Excellent alterations

I would recommend Desiree to anyone needing a complicated (or simple!) dress altered. She took her times to make sure every detail was perfect, and she was very professional. She had to basically redesign the layout of the lace on the scalloped hem of my dress in order to make it the correct length. I was a little bit nervous about this, but once we came to pick it up, you couldn't tell that it had been touched! It was perfect!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Allison · Married on 07/27/2018

I am so glad I found Desiree, I only had 2 months to plan my wedding and I bought a dress off the rack. I found Desiree by googling gown alterations since the store I bought it from didn't have a seamstress and the one they work with couldn't meet me right away, and she was listed as the best and she is the best. She is fair in her pricing and she knows what she is doing. I had to have my off the shoulder sleeves and bust taken in, she added a bustle and cups so I wouldn't need a backless bra. She did this all in about a month and I cannot wait to wear my dress next week. Thank you Desiree!

Sent on 07/17/2018

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Real Weddings

• 1908 Kensington Drive Hampton, VA, 23663 See on map
    By appointment only. Appointments are scheduled for these days: Wednesdays and Fridays 9:00 a.m. - 6:00p.m. Saturdays 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.