About Desirees Custom Sewing

"Helping you achieve the picture perfect look"

"I am a wedding dress alterations specialist and former wedding dressmaker designer serving the Hampton Roads area of Virginia and parts of North Carolina.

Fashion experts all agree that "without fit... there is no style."  This is especially true of wedding dresses.  So it is important that you choose someone with a lot of experience in fitting and sewing wedding dresses.

For over 29 years I have been helping brides look ’picture perfect’ for their wedding day. How do I accomplish this?  "By making sure you wedding gown fits perfectly!"

A custom fit is crucial! The skills and knowledge that I acquired from designing and making wedding dresses, helped fine tune my alterations skills.  Because of this I have achieve a skill level that most wedding dress alterations specialist rarely reach.  But guess what?

"The knowledge  I’ve acquired as a wedding dressmaker will benefit you." How?

"You will receive the look and fit usually only experienced when wearing a custom made wedding gown!"  When you pick the bridal gown that is right for you and have the correct alterations made to it... your dress becomes your perfect wedding dress.

Notice...the key to having your dress fit right is by picking the right one from the beginning.  There is help available.  Where?  Through my website...  you can receive help in the beginning of your wedding dress search to find the perfect wedding dress.

Buying the right dress ,  saves you money when it comes to the alterations needed later.  If you are at this stage... you can read tips and advice on how to choose, find, buy and alter the dress that is perfect for you.

But what if you have purchased your bridal gown and see you have made the wrong choice in size or design? Don’t worry!  I can help you by resizing and/or redesigning your dress since I have the designing and dressmaking skills to do so.  You would be surprised at how much of a difference little changes can make changing you dress "from a nightmare" to being "your dream dress."

"My goal is to help you become the picture perfect bride so that you can experience the ’wow effect’ when you walk down the aisle in you dream wedding gown!"

Categories: Wedding Dress

Regions serviced: Hampton Roads

Follow Desirees Custom Sewing on

69 Reviews for Desirees Custom Sewing

Bride (11)
Bridal Gowns (4)

Had a wonderful experience with my bridal alteration. It was nice not having to fight brides for dressing rooms. I felt attended to by Desiree as I was the only bride that was there. She does her alterations by appointment only and I was allowed to bring my mom and sister with me for a very personal experience. She does her alterations out of her home and it is clean and inviting. You can tell she is a busy lady with all of the bridal gowns she had hanging up. She was super fast on getting my alteration correct and her pricing was far better than you could get at a bridal dress store. I was very pleased with her work!

Profile Picture Dwan, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Bride

I just picked up my wedding dress from Desiree. It fits like a glove! My dress was to long and the bust needed to be taken in. The store I bought my dress from didn't offer alterations and I was so worried I wouldn't find a good seamstress but Desiree is AMAZING! She worked wonders! I didn't want to take it off after the alterations were done! I can't wait until my wedding day! Thank you so much Desiree!

Profile Picture Laura, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

Desiree is amazing! Her prices are fair, the quality of her work is outstanding, and I loved that she practices from her home - you don't have to worry about any distractions and it is much more private and personal. I highly recommend her to brides-to-be that are looking for a high quality alteration experience that is more personal and much less stressful!

Profile Picture britney, 5/20/17, 1 Review

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

1221329990250 dreamstime 5254395

"Free Bridal Garter"

Redeem In-Store
Mention that you saw this promotion on the Wedding Wire when you use my services and you will receive a free bridal garter.

1908 Kensington Drive, Hampton, VA 23663   See On Map
757-850-3282 (phone)
By appointment only. Appointments are scheduled for these days: Wednesdays and Fridays 9:00 a.m. - 6:00p.m. Saturdays 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.