McEllis Brides

Hampton, Virginia View map

McEllis Brides offers custom, made to order bridal gowns in Hampton, Virginia. With gown designer Michelle, and her team of seamstress the possibilities are endless. You can create your gown from scratch or from an inspiration picture. Schedule your one on one consultation with Michelle today.

Various amenities are available on-site at this non traditional bridal boutique, including alterations and customizations.

• Black-owned
  • Woman-owned

What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?

$500 - $999
$1,000 - $2,499
$2,500 - $3,999

What are your price ranges for full-priced suits and tuxedos?

Under $200

What are your price ranges for suit and tuxedo rentals?

Under $100

How do you price dress alterations?

By Piece

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Bridesmaids
Flower Girls
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Groom

Which of the following services do you provide?

Alterations
Appointments Only
Cleaning
Full Customization
Sample Sales

Which of the following items do you offer?

Bridal Belts
Jewelry
Plus Size Gowns
Sample Gowns
Veils

What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?

Less than 6 months

How often do you receive new bridal gowns?

Seasonally

What is your return policy?

Final Sales
illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

4.9 out of 5 rating

• Lauren
    Lauren N. Married on 05/21/2022

Excellent for Alterations

I can't say enough amazing things about Michelle. I would give her 10 stars if I could. I only got my alterations done here, but they were amazing. I purchased my dress from another salon and was unable to get alterations done there. I saw Michelle recommended in a local group and I contacted her about my alterations. We scheduled a consultation for the following week. She is amazing at whst she does, she is truly so talented. She fixed everything that needed to be fixed: took in the bust, hemmed the dress, and did a bustle. The lace on the dress was extremely detailed, and you would never know she had to hem it. Everything was perfect. She was so flexible with the dates for all 3 appointments. She responded to messages quickly and was always there to answer questions. In my opinion, her prices are great. She steamed my dress and held it until the day before my wedding, as I didn't have anywhere I could keep it. She even steamed my veil for me, as well. She took a video of how to do the bustle so my mom and bridesmaids knew exactly what to do. She is so nice and professional and amazing at what she does. I don't have any personal experience with her custom dresses, but if they are anything like her alterations work, I'm sure they're incredible!

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you so much for this beautiful review Lauren! I'm so grateful to have you for a client. 💝 It was a pleasure meeting working with.
  • Sara
    Sara B. Married on 10/31/2021

Dreams Came True after meeting Michelle

I was referred by a friend that had her dress designed by McEllis Brides. My vision was far from traditional and I'm a bigger girl so the shape of the dress had to be flattering. I came in with some example pictures and discussed material, color, etc. The dress I had my heart set on was re-created by Michelle and everything I could dream of. I'm so in love with my dress I'll have to wear it again some day. It's just too perfect. Also, must add she is a perfectionist and if something looked slightly off she would take the time to fix it.
    Jill J. Married on 09/19/2021

Last Minute White Dress

Michelle is amazing! I had purchased a champagne coloured, gorgeous wedding dress many months ago but when our wedding date changed so that my fiance would be wearing his black and white uniform, I had to switch to white… Michelle was the first shop I went into and the first dress was perfect! She made needed alterations with only two weeks before the wedding. I highly recommend her!
  • illustration stars

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Pricing

Ribbons & Sweet Memories Ribbons & Sweet Memories Wedding Invitations

From Vintage to Chic you will find stunning, gorgeous and elegant gowns. Customer service is amazing. Please visit McEllis Brides website & facebook page and make your appointment today

AllStar Photobooth AllStar Photobooth Photo Booths

We are looking forward to working with McEllis Brides for their upcoming show! The follow up has been great. We can't wait!

Beyond Beauty Bridal Association Beyond Beauty Bridal Association Wedding Hair & Makeup

Michelle of McEllis Brides is wonderful at what she does and has a sincere interest in her clients. Her custom gowns are truly a work of art!

1932 Coliseum Drive Hampton, Virginia, 23666
757-504-0537

Tuesday - Saturday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm by appointment
Location of (McEllis Brides)

Other vendors in Hampton Roads for your wedding