McEllis Brides Reviews

54 Reviews for McEllis Brides

• Natanya

Natanya M. · Married on 10/10/2020

Excellent Affordable Amazing Customer Services

She made me feel so welcomed and did a great job on my dress im so thrilled and happy 😊
    Before is on the left n after is on the right

Sent on 09/10/2020

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you for the review Natanya! It was my pleasure. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures from your big day soon!

N. Bennett · Married on 09/10/2020

Awesome Job

Michelle at McEllis brides was amazing. We went back and forth on how to customize m wedding dress to make it both comfortable and unique to me. She was flexible and very helpful. all if the customizations came out beautifully. I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/17/2020

Charneice B. · Married on 08/01/2020

Alterations

I got my wedding dress altered with Michelle. Quick turnaround and very affordable prices. Highly recommend for anyone that need any dress alterations. She also does dress customization.

Sent on 09/15/2020
  • Tess

Tess O. · Married on 07/13/2020

Awesome very friendly and got my wedding dress so beautiful and on time and affordable.

Very satisfied about my wedding dress , everyone of our guess love my wedding dress and Michelle is very friendly and made my gown exactly what I wanted to do for my wedding.

Sent on 08/03/2020

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you so much your review! You and your husband are sweethearts and it was a pleasure meeting you and working with you Tess. My boo 😂❤❤❤
  • Muri

Muri D. · Married on 05/23/2020

Dream come true

I got my dream dress made from literal head to toe and I couldn't be happier. Michelle and her shop are very welcoming and friendly. Open communication during the whole process and she gave suggestions without making me feel my vision was being taken over. I would recommend her to any Hampton roads bride that wants a one of a kind dress!

Sent on 07/10/2019

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you for trusting me with your gown. It was such a pleasure working with you and seeing your two in one design come to life. It was also a pleasure meeting your mom and son! You guys are welcome to come back for a play date anytime.

Erin K. · Married on 11/16/2019

Perfect dress

I had the perfect wedding dress for my wedding! McEllis Bridal was more than willing to help with any alterations or custom touches I wanted to make. Would 100 percent recommend

Sent on 01/02/2020

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you for the review and the picture is stunning!!! It was pleasure meeting you and your family. I wish you all the best... and email .e more pics!
  • Shelia

Shelia O. · Married on 08/24/2019

Michelle was excellent! Nothing negative to say. Recommend her to everyone.

Wish I had went to Michelle before. She is very professional and cares about her work. Will makes sure I recommend her to all my family and friends. She went above and beyond for means I’m so Thankful and grateful!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Tyeshia W. · Married on 06/20/2019

Amazing!

She is absolutely amazing! I love my dress and I got a ton of compliments. She is so nice and was understanding.

Sent on 09/30/2020
  • Nurse

Nurse J. · Married on 06/15/2019

Alteration

Michelle was Great!! She repaired my dress quickly. Her boutique is Beautiful and intimate. My dress fit perfectly 💙💙
    Thank you Michelle!!!

Sent on 06/23/2019

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you Janae, I'm so glad I able to help. You looked absolutely gorgeous on your big day. It was a pleasure meeting you.
  • Tamra

Tamra · Married on 05/26/2019

Alterations done for TWO dresses, QUALITY service!!

Michelle, the owner of McEllis Brides, is literally the sweetest woman I have ever met in the bridal attire business! Her professionalism (responsiveness to emails on point), talent, and price was beyond anything I could have hoped for. I was the bride that was very indecisive and asked countless questions and Michelle helped ease my nerves every step of the way.

I had two wedding gowns that needed alterations, a ballgown and a mermaid/fit-and-flare styled gown. My dresses needed cap sleeves removed, beads sewn on, fuller skirts, lining filled, satin spaghetti straps added, and other minor changes and Michelle DELIVERED.

Michelle was even flexible enough to have her brother-in-law unlock her shop on the Saturday evening before my wedding because I FORGOT to pick up my dresses during that day! She sent her brother-in-law to her shop without hesitation.

Michelle (McEllis Brides) - Thank you for being a huge part of my wedding, I am truly so appreciative of how great you are!

Sent on 08/18/2019

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you for this glowing review! It was truly a pleasure working with you. You and family had me feeling like one of your sisters during our appointments.

Geneda P. · Married on 05/18/2019

Bride to be

Michelle is amazing!! Very personable and professional! I’d use her over and over again!!

Sent on 04/28/2019

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you Geneda! I can't wait to see your wedding pictures. You're McEllis Brides first Disney Princess! I wish you and your groom all the best, you guys are literally the sweetest couple!
  • Denisha

Denisha · Married on 04/27/2019

Michelle was a lifesaver!!!

I had purchased the gown of my dreams and was absolutely in love with it! When I received my gown I was in need of alterations! I was referred to Michelle after I still needed additional alterations on my gown! I contacted her 5 weeks before my wedding date! I was a nervous anxious and excited bride that had a vision for my dress! Michelle was cool, calm, patient and attentive to my thoughts and vision! I can’t stress enough how she paid attention to detail even though I did not purchase my gown from her and contacted her in short notice! She immediately replied to my message and scheduled me for a face to face visit. We had multiple visits until we were both satisfied and my gown was picture perfect! Thank you Michelle I recommend her to any bride for alterations or for purchasing a custom gown! I was able to see her work in the studio and her gowns are beautiful!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Anastasia P. · Married on 10/14/2018

McEllis Brides

Awesome service!!! I emailed Michelle a picture of my dream dress found on google, and i wanted to personalize to fit my own style and Michelle was wuickly on the same page! Her price range is excellent! She did a fantastic Job!!

Sent on 11/01/2018

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you Anastasia! I loved watching your design come to life. It was completely perfect for you from head to toe and the way you matched the accessories...it was just meant to be!

Erin · Married on 09/15/2018

She is awesome!!

Michelle was great to work with and she made sure I was completely satisfied with my dress! My customized ball room gown turned out beautifully and everybody loved it.

Sent on 11/10/2018

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you Erin for trusting me with your design! It turned out beautifully and I must say your gown is still a fan favorite this season.

Ashley · Married on 09/08/2018

The service I received from Michelle was a dream come true! I knew I wanted to wear my grandma’s wedding dress but it is outdated and blue. When I took it in to her I was so nervous she would say no but she took on the project and it turned out wonderful! She kept in contact with me every step of the way to ensure I was getting exactly what was discussed! I would totally go to her again!

Sent on 09/20/2018

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you Ashley for trusting me with your gown. So glad we met...it was meant to be! Can't wait to see pictures.

Ryshen · Married on 07/14/2018

Perfect for bride and groom! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 09/22/2018

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you Ryshen! It was a pleasure! Can't wait to see pictures.

Cierra · Married on 06/16/2018

Michelle was AMAZING to work with!!! The original dress I wanted was perfect, yet lacked the "Wow" factor that I was looking for in my dress. Michelle was able to place her own spin onto the dress and made it 10x's better than what I ever could've imagined. I am still soooooo happy with my dress and hope to work with her again in the future. =)

Sent on 09/13/2018

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you for your review Cierra! I hope to work with you again as well. It was such a pleasure meeting you, your mom and grandmother. Tell your mom I said thanks for he referrals she's sent my way. E-mail me pictures! I can't wait to see how beautiful you looked.

Racheal · Married on 05/26/2018

This place is amazing. They were able to take my dress design from just a simple drawing to a full on wedding dress. It's hatd geese days to find people that can make a dress from scratch , but they are the real deal. I can't recommend them enough, especially if you want a gown or dress with some orginality!

Sent on 06/02/2018

Tarsha · Married on 05/19/2018

Loved every minute of my experience with McEllis Brides. Michelle is amazing to work with and my custom dress was gorgeous!

Sent on 09/13/2018

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Tarsha! I loved working with you family. Please email me these BEAUTIFUL pictures. I can't save them from wedding wire.

Rebekah · Married on 05/15/2018

Absolutely loved this dress. It was everything I had ever wanted (sweetheart neckline, lace, ball gown, vintage feel) and I just “happened” upon Michelle and this dress at a bridal expo. She was accommodating, let me try on the dress then and there, and was very helpful throughout the entire process. I highly recommend McEllis Brides!

Sent on 05/30/2018

Tisa · Married on 05/07/2018

Where do I begin?? I first reached out to Michelle having not gone to try on any dresses. I wanted to at least try on some dresses before I made my decision to drive to Hampton from Maryland. I was also very nervous about the decision to get a custom made dress for my wedding day! So, i went to local bridal salons, tried on dresses and actually put a deposit on a dress that I wasn't very excited about. After some thought, and coaching from a friend, I went back to the bridal salon to get my money back, and made an appointment with Michelle. During our first conversation, she wasn't pushy, she was patient, and explained the process to me from beginning to end. She eased my fears, and made me feel comfortable. I sent her pictures of the type of dress I wanted, and she sent me pictures of a dress she had made that was similar, that made me feel a lot better. On my appointment day, I was nervous but very excited. Michelle had me try on dresses that were made by her that had some of the designs and accents that i wanted. After trying on the first dress I was fully at ease!!! I knew right then and there that I had made the right decision to come to McEllis. The dresses fit like a glove, the material and craftsmanship were excellent! Michelle took my measurements, we picked out material for my beach wedding gown, I paid for the dress and everything was left in Michelle's hands. Michelle is very accommodating and flexible. She makes you feel comfortable and at ease. You actually feel like you've known her for years. From the beginning she responded to every email and phone call right away. She's very professional and most of all she seems to be more excited about your dress than you are!! My dress was everything that i could have ever hoped for!! It was perfect for the beach!! For a custom made gown, the price was unbeatable!! This McEllis dress fit better, felt better and was money well spent!!! I don't regret my decision at all!

Sent on 06/02/2018

Paula · Married on 10/07/2017

Michelle did a awesome job! On the first visit, she knew exactly what I was looking for and knew my style. She made my dress in about 6 weeks and it was wonderful. It fit perfectly. She was very kind and was able to make time to meet me to make sure everything was correct. Everyone love my wedding dress and I was so happy to tell them she made it for me. Thank you so much for making my wedding day special with the dress.

Sent on 01/22/2018

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thanks so much Paula! So excited to see your pictures. You were a beautiful bride! It was truly a pleasure working for you and your mother.

Toni · Married on 09/16/2017

Mc Ellis Brides is very professional. Mrs. Michelle, is custom making my wedding dress. My wedding party dresses came in and they are gorgeous. Mc Ellis Brides worked around all our schedules to get everyone fitted. Mrs. Michelle, replied in a timely manner to any questions that I had. Also, kept me informed on what was going in with my dress and the other ladies dresses. Very professional setting and I'd recommend Mc Ellis Brides to anyone. Yes, I'd use Mc Ellis Brides services agin.

Sent on 07/22/2017

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you Mrs. Toni! I enjoyed working with you and your party. You are a customer turned friend! All my best, -
    Michelle

Carol · Married on 09/09/2017

Wedding dress shopping? I highly recommend McEllis Brides. Michelle, the owner is very knowledgeable and detailed. She had the ability to listen to me and pair me with the perfect dress as the first and only selection. She took my measurements perfectly, no alterations needed at my fitting. If you want professional expert treatment, call Michelle. C. Jones-Marcus

Sent on 12/29/2017

McEllis Brides was soooo perfect!!
    Thank you for everything!!!
    The dress was gorgeous!!!

Sent on 09/03/2015