McEllis Brides Reviews

McEllis Brides 6
McEllis Brides 7

Anastasia Palamara · Married on 10/14/2018

McEllis Brides

Awesome service!!! I emailed Michelle a picture of my dream dress found on google, and i wanted to personalize to fit my own style and Michelle was wuickly on the same page! Her price range is excellent! She did a fantastic Job!!

McEllis Brides 8
    McEllis Brides 9
    McEllis Brides 10

Erin · Married on 09/15/2018

She is awesome!!

Michelle was great to work with and she made sure I was completely satisfied with my dress! My customized ball room gown turned out beautifully and everybody loved it.

Ashley · Married on 09/08/2018

The service I received from Michelle was a dream come true! I knew I wanted to wear my grandma’s wedding dress but it is outdated and blue. When I took it in to her I was so nervous she would say no but she took on the project and it turned out wonderful! She kept in contact with me every step of the way to ensure I was getting exactly what was discussed! I would totally go to her again!

Sent on 09/20/2018

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you Ashley for trusting me with your gown. So glad we met...it was meant to be! Can't wait to see pictures.

Ryshen · Married on 07/14/2018

Perfect for bride and groom! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 09/22/2018

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you Ryshen! It was a pleasure! Can't wait to see pictures.

Cierra · Married on 06/16/2018

Michelle was AMAZING to work with!!! The original dress I wanted was perfect, yet lacked the "Wow" factor that I was looking for in my dress. Michelle was able to place her own spin onto the dress and made it 10x's better than what I ever could've imagined. I am still soooooo happy with my dress and hope to work with her again in the future. =)

Sent on 09/13/2018

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you for your review Cierra! I hope to work with you again as well. It was such a pleasure meeting you, your mom and grandmother. Tell your mom I said thanks for he referrals she's sent my way. E-mail me pictures! I can't wait to see how beautiful you looked.

Racheal · Married on 05/26/2018

This place is amazing. They were able to take my dress design from just a simple drawing to a full on wedding dress. It's hatd geese days to find people that can make a dress from scratch , but they are the real deal. I can't recommend them enough, especially if you want a gown or dress with some orginality!

McEllis Brides 11
    McEllis Brides 12
    McEllis Brides 13

Tarsha · Married on 05/19/2018

Loved every minute of my experience with McEllis Brides. Michelle is amazing to work with and my custom dress was gorgeous!

Sent on 09/13/2018
    McEllis Brides 14
    McEllis Brides 15
    McEllis Brides 16
    McEllis Brides 17
    McEllis Brides 18
    McEllis Brides 19

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Tarsha! I loved working with you family. Please email me these BEAUTIFUL pictures. I can't save them from wedding wire.

Rebekah · Married on 05/15/2018

Absolutely loved this dress. It was everything I had ever wanted (sweetheart neckline, lace, ball gown, vintage feel) and I just “happened” upon Michelle and this dress at a bridal expo. She was accommodating, let me try on the dress then and there, and was very helpful throughout the entire process. I highly recommend McEllis Brides!

McEllis Brides 20
    McEllis Brides 21

Tisa · Married on 05/07/2018

Where do I begin?? I first reached out to Michelle having not gone to try on any dresses. I wanted to at least try on some dresses before I made my decision to drive to Hampton from Maryland. I was also very nervous about the decision to get a custom made dress for my wedding day! So, i went to local bridal salons, tried on dresses and actually put a deposit on a dress that I wasn't very excited about. After some thought, and coaching from a friend, I went back to the bridal salon to get my money back, and made an appointment with Michelle. During our first conversation, she wasn't pushy, she was patient, and explained the process to me from beginning to end. She eased my fears, and made me feel comfortable. I sent her pictures of the type of dress I wanted, and she sent me pictures of a dress she had made that was similar, that made me feel a lot better. On my appointment day, I was nervous but very excited. Michelle had me try on dresses that were made by her that had some of the designs and accents that i wanted. After trying on the first dress I was fully at ease!!! I knew right then and there that I had made the right decision to come to McEllis. The dresses fit like a glove, the material and craftsmanship were excellent! Michelle took my measurements, we picked out material for my beach wedding gown, I paid for the dress and everything was left in Michelle's hands. Michelle is very accommodating and flexible. She makes you feel comfortable and at ease. You actually feel like you've known her for years. From the beginning she responded to every email and phone call right away. She's very professional and most of all she seems to be more excited about your dress than you are!! My dress was everything that i could have ever hoped for!! It was perfect for the beach!! For a custom made gown, the price was unbeatable!! This McEllis dress fit better, felt better and was money well spent!!! I don't regret my decision at all!

McEllis Brides 22
    McEllis Brides 23

Paula · Married on 10/07/2017

Michelle did a awesome job! On the first visit, she knew exactly what I was looking for and knew my style. She made my dress in about 6 weeks and it was wonderful. It fit perfectly. She was very kind and was able to make time to meet me to make sure everything was correct. Everyone love my wedding dress and I was so happy to tell them she made it for me. Thank you so much for making my wedding day special with the dress.

Sent on 01/22/2018
    McEllis Brides 24
    McEllis Brides 25
    McEllis Brides 26

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thanks so much Paula! So excited to see your pictures. You were a beautiful bride! It was truly a pleasure working for you and your mother.

Toni · Married on 09/16/2017

Mc Ellis Brides is very professional. Mrs. Michelle, is custom making my wedding dress. My wedding party dresses came in and they are gorgeous. Mc Ellis Brides worked around all our schedules to get everyone fitted. Mrs. Michelle, replied in a timely manner to any questions that I had. Also, kept me informed on what was going in with my dress and the other ladies dresses. Very professional setting and I'd recommend Mc Ellis Brides to anyone. Yes, I'd use Mc Ellis Brides services agin.

Sent on 07/22/2017
    McEllis Brides 27
    McEllis Brides 28
    McEllis Brides 29

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you Mrs. Toni! I enjoyed working with you and your party. You are a customer turned friend! All my best, - Michelle

Carol · Married on 09/09/2017

Wedding dress shopping? I highly recommend McEllis Brides. Michelle, the owner is very knowledgeable and detailed. She had the ability to listen to me and pair me with the perfect dress as the first and only selection. She took my measurements perfectly, no alterations needed at my fitting. If you want professional expert treatment, call Michelle. C. Jones-Marcus

• User5262377 · 1+ year ago

McEllis Brides was soooo perfect!!
    Thank you for everything!!!
    The dress was gorgeous!!!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Thank you! It was our pleasure <3

Rashida · Married on 08/19/2017

Michelle was exceptional and so was my dress. Talking about bringing a dream I to reality. I had a great time at her bridal show and I adore my dress. Thank you!

McEllis Brides 30

Elisabeth · Married on 08/05/2017

I had a custom-made swing reception dress made here that was modelled after the top,of my ceremony dress. It was perfect!

Sent on 08/09/2017

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you so much Elisabeth! Please send pictures when you can. I would love to you all dolled up in your dress. I'm sure you were a stunning bride!
  • F

Faith · Married on 07/29/2017

I last minute needed my dress pressed and they immediately took me in and had my dress ready for me the next day! Super affordable AND cares about you. I had bride brain and completely forgot that I had to pick up my dress (how could i forget this?!?) they called me multiple times, left me voicemails, and made sure I had my dress for the big event (THANKFULLY).

Sent on 08/17/2017

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you Faith! So glad I was able to help you out. If you are ever in the area again and need anything give me call! ...bride brain is a REAL thing so I completely understood lol.

Suzanne · Married on 06/23/2017

I had such an amazing experience with McEllis Brides! Michelle is such an amazing person to partner with and she will make sure that your dream wedding dress comes to life! I will miss her, but she help me have a wedding gown that I will love forever! Thank you McEllis Brides, YOU'RE THE BEST!

Sent on 08/08/2017

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you sooo much Suzanne! I had a ball with you and your mom. It was my pleasure working with you. Your gown is still one of my favorites!
  • "Cannon2Be"

Nikita · Married on 06/17/2017

Oh my, where do I begin! McEllis Brides is the BEST!!! Michelle is very kind. She was also very helpful, very professional, and very flexible. I think I changed my mind a million times about different styles of dresses, and she was right by my side helping my vision to come alive. When I first seen my dress in person I wanted to break down and cry! I was beyond happy! It was exactly what I had envisioned.If you're looking for a custom wedding gown, please visit McEllis Brides. You will NOT be disappointed! Thank you so much Michelle!!!

Sent on 07/19/2017

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you so much Nikita! You every no problem at all, everybody does it! Thanks so much for trusting me with such an important piece of your wedding. Replica's for your gown are in high demand at McEllis Brides!

Ashelee · Married on 01/21/2017

My experience was by far amazing. I found out about Michelle thru another bride of hers and immediately inquired about her services she provided fast and quality work at an affordable price and my dress was a replica of a 1800 dollar dress out of my budget. I now have a dress that was made specifically for me and just made my pending nuptials even the more better.
    She is very accommodating with you and your needs and she aims to get you in something you want not something made for everyone. We changed our wedding date and pushed it back and she still worked with us and my dress was delivered in a reasonable time. She was very professional and if you have anything else you are looking for during the wedding planning process she also can refer you to others this was by far the most amazing process .. and the least stressful.

Sent on 12/03/2016

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you so much Ashelee! So glad I was able to help. Can't wait to see pictures of the big day. I know you will be a stunning bride!
  • Stingel2016

Amber · Married on 09/17/2016

Michelle is so great! I started planning for my dress about 9 months before the wedding. It turned out more beautiful than I ever imagined. Everyone loved it! Being plus size, I'm so glad I was able to get a dress made for me because nothing off the rack at a bridal shop would fit me. Michelle was flexible and even let me keep the dress at her shop until the week before so my fiance wouldn't see it before the big day. Thank you, Michelle!

Sent on 09/18/2016

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thanks Amber! I appreciate you trusting us to create your dream gown!

Rhonda · Married on 09/10/2016

Michelle is more than AWESOME to work with. I didn't just buy a gown from her I had one custom made. It turned out AMAZING & if there was something I didn't like or needed a little tweeking so was on it!! I really really really can't say enough good things about Michelle. I am one very happy customer.

Sent on 05/06/2017

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you Rhonda! I don't know how I missed this review! I enjoyed you and your family. Thank you for the pictures! They are on the website now!

Cheyenne · Married on 06/25/2016

Start early to look at what's available; keep an open mind, because the vendor can present some creative options! I love the way she stayed in touch throughout the entire process - from first contact to first appointment and every appointment in between through the return!

Sent on 07/21/2016

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you for letting us outfit you and your bridal party!

E · Married on 06/25/2016

Go with Michelle! She's the best, my wife as well as the significant others of my groomsmen all wanted us to buy the tuxes we rented, we looked that good! Michelle is extremely helpful and professional throughout the entire process, everything was on time and went smoothly. Thanks McEllis Bridal! -Eddie Kline

Sent on 09/29/2016

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Eddie. You guys were the best customers!

Mashaun · Married on 06/10/2016

My advice to any customer that is looking for a unique, yet highly professional experience is to come to McEllis Brides!
    The owner is very knowledgable and takes her time to ensure that you satisfied with your purchase. I will recommend this company to any one looking for a wedding experience, a custom dress for a formal gathering, prom and any tuxedo rental. Grade A in my book

Sent on 07/15/2016

McEllis Brides's reply:

Thank you! Customer service is very important to us, glad to have you as another satisfied customer!

I got soooo many compliments on my dress! As my daughter, her bridesmaids & I were waiting to process in, my daughter proudly exclaimed "she had that dress custom made! Isn't it beautiful?!'
    Thank u so much Michelle! I felt & looked regal. I heard compliment after compliment; it was a Fabulous self-esteem booster!

Sent on 08/23/2016

McEllis Brides's reply:

I love this review! It was your design, Thank you for giving us the opportunity to bring it to life!