127 High Street, Morgantown, WV 26505 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Clarion Hotel Morgan

The finest choice for all your special events, specializing in weddings. The historic Hotel Morgan has been Morgantown's first choice for wedding receptions since it's doors opened in 1925. Accommodating up to 300 people, it's plush elegance, combined with our professional wedding coodinator will ensure your very special day will be handled down to the very last detail. We will work with you from the day of booking all the way through the ceremony and reception, allowing you to enjoy a care-free, fine dining experience that will delight your guests.

Enjoy fine dining at it's best on our open rooftop terrace with a panoramic view of Morgantown.
ballroom 1
ballroom 1
img511

3 Reviews for Clarion Hotel Morgan

Cassandra · Married on 05/11/2007

Their banquet hall is BEAUTIFUL-- so romantic and quaint. They worked well with me on any special requests that I had and were very flexible with allowing me to bring in my own decorations. And the food was FANTASTIC! Also, all of the guests loved the rooms there!

Sent on 09/24/2008

Tiffany · Married on 06/04/2005

The event coordinator was very helpful and courteous. I was planning my wedding out of town so I had to call him numerous times to ask about different questions and he was always quick to return my calls. He was very well organized and even kept us on track during the reception so we knew what time it was so we got everything in. The cost of the hall was very reasonable. If I remember correctly (wedding was over 3 years ago) it was free for the first 2 (or so) hours and then you paid $100 for every hour after that.
    The hotel ballroom itself was gorgeous and had a great atmosphere. There is a balcony that overlooks the ballroom. Probably the only problem with the room is that there are large pillars that obstruct some of the view, but it really wasn't much of a problem in my opinion. The hotel provides the linens and seat covers (only prob is the colors were maroon and cream) which was helpful since we were budgeting everything. There was a dance floor and the acoustics in the room worked well.
    There are a lot of food options and we chose heavy h'ordeurves to provide a variety of choices to our guests. It was actually more cost effective in my opinion and our guests loved it. Everything tasted great and they had a great selection. They also allow you to bring in your own caterer if you choose. I had my mother make my wedding cake and they had no problems with her bringing it in their facility as I found to be an issue with other reception halls.
    The hotel also worked provided a discounted rate to guests that book there and we were able to get a honeymoon sweet comped to us. The honeymoon sweet was nothing special, just a bathtub with jets, but the room was very comfortable and quiet. The hotel staff were all very courteous and helped pass out my out of town goodies bags to my guests.
    Overall, if I had to do everything over again, I would absolutely book with them again. Everything went so smoothly that I didn't have to worry about them not doing what they promised!

Sent on 01/10/2009

Jessica · Married on 10/21/2006

3.2
      3.5

The venue was beautiful and my guests loved it. Most of the guests also stayed aty the hotel during the weekend and had only lovely things to say about the entire weekend.

You need to book far in advance because it fills up quick and expect to spend a large sum of money but it will be worth it in the end.

Remeber to follow up and keep all records of your transactions. You never know when you will need them.

Sent on 04/21/2008

Clarion Hotel Morgan Pricing

Clarion Hotel Morgan Price Rates

Clarion Hotel Morgan FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Chairs, China, Clean Up, Event Planning, Flatware, Glassware, Lighting/Sound, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 5.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Open Bar
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 225
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 10
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 9
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Hotel, Restaurant
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Lighting / Sound
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Chair Covers, Dance Floor, Drapery, Lighting, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access

• 127 High Street Morgantown, 26505 See on map
    3042921992 (Phone number)
    3042901823 (Other Phone Number)