One Bigelow Square, Pittsburgh, PA 15219 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing
  • Deals 1

About DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown

The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown is a venue situated in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that is perfect for hosting your wedding ceremony, reception, and rehearsal dinner.

Facilities and Capacity
Couples can invite up to 350 guests to join them as they say their vows and celebrate beneath the ornate details found in the many indoor settings. Two lovely ballrooms are available for couples to choose from. The first - the Pennsylvania Grand Ballroom - features stunning details such as the gold recessed ceilings. The second - the Three Rivers Ballroom - features many windows that show couples and guests views of the city.

At the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, couples can receive assistance with their wedding planning and outside vendors. Accommodations are also provided for couples and their guests in the hotel. There are many other services conveniently offered for you to choose from, including:

• Bridal suite

360º Virtual Tours 1 tour

30 Reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown

• Kyley

Kyley Mickle · Married on 08/24/2019

Great Value for a Very Classy Wedding!

I had worked with the wedding coordinator, Shawniece, for 9 months planning our wedding at the DoubleTree from Washington State. We heavily relied on The Knot to find our wedding venue and vendors and decided on the DoubleTree due to their awesome reviews and ratings, which specifically mentioned Shawniece Evins several times as being the true catalyst to making their wedding a hit. It was true; Shawniece was absolutely amazing to work with and was meant to be a wedding coordinator. I had 110% confidence in Shawniece as she was on top of everything including due dates and emailing and answering my endless voicemails to answer the millions of questions that I had. 11 days before our wedding, I got a call from Holly, the Director of Catering, stating that Shawniece was no longer at the DoubleTree, at no fault of her own. As if my anxiety wasn't high enough with the wedding quickly approaching, this made my anxiety sky rocket. With only 11 days until the wedding, all of the hard work had been set in motion by Shawniece and was written down. It was up to Holly to then execute it. Holly took our case file and really made an incredible effort to get to know it inside and out and tried to ease my anxieties. There were some things that I had already squared away with Shawniece that I had to re-go over with Holly but overall, Holly did an incredible job at taking over our wedding on such short notice. Her and Trevor, the Banquet Manager, did everything in their power to try to make it right for us with the inconvenience of Shawniece no longer being with the hotel. And I just want to say that Holly and Trevor absolutely killed it for our wedding weekend! Behind the scenes it was a scramble at times but what wedding isn't? To our guests it was absolutely flawless, as they told us. Our guests were so impressed by everything at the DoubleTree. We had our ceremony, reception, and farewell brunch all within the DoubleTree so as to make it convenient for our guests. I also want to shout out to Anna, who was in charge of our room block, as she worked her butt off for us too. Some of our less tech-savvy guests had some issues with booking rooms through the room block and Anna was so incredibly helpful with fixing those issues and making sure that people's reservations were moved to within our room block. Our wedding weekend was absolutely perfect! Was there a bump in the road with the wedding coordinator being let go from the hotel 11 days before the wedding? Oh yes! But did the remaining staff do everything in their power to make it right and mediate the situation? Heck yes! I would do the whole thing over again in a heartbeat. It was inconvenient and I firmly believe corporate DoubleTree made a huge mistake in letting Shawniece go. But the show had to go on and the entire team top to bottom, from Holly and Trevor to the banquet servers stepped up to the challenge to knock our wedding weekend out of the park. Their teamwork during our weekend was incredible to see. With Shawniece no longer at the hotel, I cannot say how weddings will go in the future at the DoubleTree. But if the team works together like they did for our wedding, which I firmly believe they will, you will not be disappointed to have your wedding at the DoubleTree in Downtown Pittsburgh. I truly hope you consider this DoubleTree for your wedding as you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/08/2019

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown's reply:

Hi Kyley -

Thank you for the honest feedback. Yes, we did have some recent turnover, which often happens in our industry. But our team is very committed to doing their very best. I know it can be a bit scary when you find out your contact for the past 9+ months is no longer here. I am glad we were able to execute your day and thank you for allowing our DT Family to be a part of your Wedding!

All the best to you and your husband!

The Doubletree by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 06/15/2019

Everyone should hold their wedding events here!

We held both our rehearsal dinner and our reception at the DoubleTree. From start to finish, the entire weekend far exceeded our wildest expectations. Shawniece Evins, Trevor Getz, and the entire DoubleTree team were incredibly professional, accommodating, and efficient. We had several guests in from out of town and heard from so many of them about how impressed they were with their experiences throughout the weekend.
    The food at our rehearsal dinner (Italian buffet) was delicious, as was our reception menu. The appetizers at our cocktail hour were also delightful! The servers never missed a beat at either meal. Our guests were very well taken care of. On Sunday morning, we got to have brunch with our guests at the Bigelow Grille inside the DoubleTree. The food was again fantastic, service was excellent, and it gave us another opportunity to spend time with our guests before going our separate ways.
    We looked at a few other venues in Pittsburgh before deciding on the DoubleTree. The value there was second to none. We got much more for our money there than any of our other options offered. The packages offered by the DoubleTree allowed us to handle everything through them, rather than dealing with multiple other vendors.
    There are not enough compliments on the planet to describe how amazing Shawniece was throughout our entire year of planning. She was incredibly responsive to my (what seemed like) thousands of questions. She went above and beyond to accommodate us in every possible way, especially for my Mom, who is in a wheelchair.
    I kept telling myself in the days right before the wedding that I knew something would go wrong, and that would be ok - we would get through it. I can honestly say that moment never came. I never felt even the slightest stress. Every single aspect of the entire weekend was perfect. Shawniece and her team never missed a beat. I'm convinced that I had to be the least stressed out bride ever thanks to the DoubleTree!
    We are 3 days out from our wedding and are still smiling from ear to ear. We want to get married again just so we can have this incredible experience all over again. Our flower girl has already asked her parents if she can have her wedding there, as well!
    I cannot thank the DoubleTree, Shawniece, Trevor, and the entire team enough for making all of our wedding weekend dreams come true!

Sent on 06/18/2019

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown's reply:

Hi Melissa -

THANK YOU so much for your wonderful review. We really appreciate you and your family and friends celebrating this special day at the Doubletree! If you ever need anything else, please let us know!

The Doubletree by Hilton Pittsburgh Downtown.

Award

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown Pricing

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown Price Rates

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 2000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 2000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 250.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 250.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Lighting/Sound
    Linens
    Set Up
    Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Cake Cutting
    Dessert
    Server(s)
    Wedding Cake
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service?
    $ 20.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Bartender(s)
    Champagne Toast
    House Beer
    House Liquor
    House Wine
    Limited Bar
    Open Bar
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Ballroom
    Hotel
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Elopements
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Outside Vendors
    Pet Friendly
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Premium Liquor
    Signature Drink
    Specialty Beer
    Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available?
    Aisle Runners
    Drapery
    Furniture
    Lighting
    Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Shuttle
    Valet
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January

• DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown 1
    -10%
    10% discount for WeddingWire couples

• Love Place Photography Wedding Photographers

A few weeks ago I had the privilege of working with a fabulous couple from Florida on capturing their beautiful wedding in downtown Pittsburgh at the Doubletree Hilton. The day was beautiful from start to finish with getting ready photos in an absolutely stunning room with a view of the city, delicious food and very gracious and professional staff.

• Mark Tishko Entertainment Wedding DJs

The best downtown wedding venue in Pittsburgh

• One Bigelow Square Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15219 See on map
    412-265-2031 (Phone number)
    Location of (DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown)