Alexandria, VA 22301 Map · Phone number

About Capitol Catering

Beautiful meals and Washington's finest events - Sara McGregor's Capitol Catering has been making memorable moments in the nation's capital and beyond for well over a decade.

Called one of the region's "hottest caterers" by Harper's Bazaar magazine, Sara McGregor's Capitol Catering has created elegant, lavish events for the Screen Actors Guild, Presidential Inaugurations, former presidents, and discerning brides. And even the National Association of Catering Executives--catering to the caterers!

"Washington's top socialites as well as the political, lobbying and corporate communities call us because we understand that excellence is what matters, from unique presentation to our frequent use of the city's historic sites for these special events," says Sara McGregor.

"So much of our business comes from referrals and repeat customers. They come back to us for tasteful elegance, personal attention, and absolute professionalism."

When it comes to fresh and innovative cuisine, spectacular design and superior presentation, Sara McGregor's Capitol Catering is the place this city turns to.

We're passionate about quality. Let Sara McGregor's Capitol Catering serve you!

3d38bdb10f80af46 1243456272937 cc5
DougDeMark9
3d38bdb10f80af46 1243456272937 cc5

17 Reviews for Capitol Catering

Angela · Married on 04/23/2011

Capitol Catering played a big role in making my wedding a success. I am still getting compliments about how wonderful the food was even days after wedding. Some of my foodie friends said it was the best food they've ever had a wedding/event... and I can attest to that-- I knew during the tasting that the food was made with meticulous care and thought and the food was so delicious that it was an immediate decision to go with the company. I was able to even eat on the day of the wedding and it was just as delicious as the tasting (and thankfully we got a doggy bag to go home with to enjoy some more the day after!)

Cheryl M was also key in making everything run so smoothly; she was very helpful throughout the process, and always available via email. She had great and helpful input and was very accomodating to our requests. Overall, the cocktail hour and reception looked beautiful and everyone really enjoyed themselves. They had assigned a person to follow us to make sure we had enough to drink and eat, and even when we had left our tables to take some photos, they brought us a new plate of hot food afterwards to enjoy. We also ordered for a cheese cracker tray for the preceremony/getting ready hour and the assortment was gobbled up the the groom party; my husband said some of the cheeses were the best he's had in a long time.

A truly lovely experience... we are very thankful for their help and assistance for our special day.

Sent on 05/04/2011

Kelli · Married on 09/25/2010

I could not be happier with the quality of service we received from Capitol Catering! Cheryl was amazing to work with, and went above and beyond when it came to making the vision of our reception a reality. This review goes way beyond the food, but to all of the details the catering staff took care of on the day of the wedding.

Everything ran so smoothly all day, and I know this was mostly due to the wonderful staff at Capitol Catering. The tables were set beautifully and there were so many small touches that made our wedding so special. My husband and I were especially appreciative of the fact that we were able to get food before the buffet was open to everyone else, as you always hear stories of people never getting to eat at their own weddings.

I also appreciated having someone check in on us in the bridal room before the ceremony to make sure we had everything we needed.

Several guests also mentioned that the food was excellent and the staff was very accommodating.

I really can't say enough about how much we appreciated everything that Cheryl and everyone else at Capitol Catering did. Definitely money well spent! Thanks!

Sent on 10/04/2010

anna · Married on 04/05/2009

I absolutely love this company. We were torn between this company and another, and I am (and so is my Father) so very pleased that we went ahead and hired Sarah McGregor's: Capitol Catering!!
    Anne Crum is the consultant/fascilitator/and overal magician that made our wedding happen.
    Anne was more than responsive to our budgetary needs and wants for the wedding. We discussed over what seemed like a million emails/phone calls all of which Anne was more than happy to promply answer. Describing C.C. as accomodating is not saying enough about this stellar company- hire them trust me!! All of the hired workers- bartender, waiters, chef, preps, were amazing: on their "A game", courteous, professional, overal a joy to work with. They was never a time that C.C. or Anne Crum hesitated to work with me to achieve my perfect day!!!

I 100% recommend this company!!!

P.S. Thanks Anne (if you read this), we couldn't have done it with out you!!!

Sent on 05/07/2009

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Capitol Catering FAQ

• What catering services do you provide? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Stations
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? African, American, Asian, British, Cajun, Caribbean, Chinese, Ethiopian, French, German, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Mediterranean, Mexican, Middle Eastern, Russian, Southern, Southwestern, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Kosher, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? House Beer, Specialty Beer, House Wine, Specialty Wine, Champagne Toast, House Liquor, Premium Liquor

• Suburban Video
    Suburban Video Wedding Videographers

We have had the pleasure of working many fantastic events together over the years. Capitol Catering is amazing, from taste to presntation. We highly recommend this company for your event!

• Blue Canary Events
    Blue Canary Events Wedding Planners

Working with Capitol Catering is a breeze! We did a wonderful wedding together (http://tinyurl.com/kmxbbu) and, despite some random obstacles with the venue, they came through and provided amazing food with amazing service. Their tasting facility is beautiful, their staff is phenomenal, and the food simply can't be beat. I will continue to recommend Capitol Catering to my clients!

• Alexandria, 22301 See on map