Cakes in Art

King George, VA View map

Meet the Artist

Karen Seay graduated the acclaimed Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY as a certified pastry chef. She toured the United States working with various pastry chefs at The Mayflower Hotel in Washington DC, The Loews Anatole Hotel in Dallas, TX, as well as working in West Palm Beach, FL, Greenwich, CT and New York City.

Working at The Mayflower Hotel, Karen decided to start her own business designing wedding cakes for clients who wanted both an artwork in cake while also addressing cultivated gourmet taste. Karen is a seasoned accomplished cake artist, with over 30 years of experience and is still in love with her job! She welcomes any cake challenge and her desire is to surpass your expectations in both taste and art.

We meet with every bride & groom for a personal tasting & design session, so we can get to know them a little bit and to get a real idea of the wedding atmosphere for our design elements. We want you to taste our samples and know that your cake will be the best your guests have ever tasted. (We often hear that there is no cake left over because the guests kept going back for more!)

At Cakes in Art, only the finest ingredients available in the world are used. The chocolates we use are imported from Belgium, Switzerland and France. We have selected a Swiss meringue buttercream as our choice of preference for its unsurpassed taste & stability. Our buttercream is made from 100% butter and never compromised with added shortening. We use only 100% pure vanilla and/or vanilla beans. Each filling we use is made with authentic fruit and actual liqueur's, not flavored imitation liqueurs.

The cakes on this site have been iced in Swiss Meringue buttercream using Karen's smooth, borderless technique, and although some appear to be covered in fondant they are actually meticulously smoothed in buttercream! (Unless fondant has been requested or necessary for design elements. Dummy cakes used for stylized shoots and bridal shows are also covered in fondant)) Cakes in Art LLC is compliant with all zoning and health regulations. WE NOW OFFER GLUTEN FREE OPTIONS!! ( Not a gluten free environment, but as I am also gluten free, I prepare all of my cakes meticulously to prevent cross contamination.)

$4

What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)?

$6

Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake?

Top Tier of the Cake

What services do your prices include?

Consultation
Custom Cake Design
Set Up
Tastings - Private

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cakes
Croquembouche
Groom's Cake

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Private

What cake items do you provide?

Cake Stands

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free

Are you licensed by the state health department?

illustration question

Do you have additional questions?

Message vendor

4.8 out of 5 rating
    4.9 out of 5 rating
    4.8 out of 5 rating

• Nicole Mccarthy
    Nicole Getting married on 05/01/2024

Just amazing!

What a phenomenal talent this woman is. Karen blew our expectations out of the water when it came to our wedding cakes. (Yes, we had 3 different ones because we couldn't decide between some of the flavors)

First, if you haven't just go look at her social media page. Do you see the flowers on the cakes? Most of them are sugar flowers that she HAND MADE! You wouldn't believe it by looking at them, they look so real.

We gave Karen an idea of what we wanted our tiered cake to look like and then gave her creative license to bring the vision to life. Again, just blew our expectations away. It was so beautiful and delicious! Everyone loved the cake and went back from more.

10/10 would recommend to anyone looking for cakes!

Cakes in Art's reply:

Krista had picked a design, but she also gave me creative license. I had a vision for her that I wanted to create for the wedding at The Old Silk Mill. The Monday before her wedding she contacted me to change up her cake stand and I shared my vision for the transparent wedding cake with a glass, transparent cake stand on top of the original rustic tree slab and she was blown away with the idea. I really loved creating her cake because it was something different and I really wanted to bring the vision for her cake to life. I placed fresh white anemones, blush ranunculus and earth angle roses in a cascade on the side of the cake. I appreciated her trust in me and in the end I think we both loved the final result!!
  • Connie
    Connie G. Married on 03/20/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Beautiful (and delicious!!!) cake!

Karen provided the BEAUTIFUL wedding cake for our reception. But it was also really important to my husband and me that our cake taste amazing, not only look pretty. Karen did not disappoint. The cake flavor options and delicious and unique (we alternated chocolate truffle with a deliciously subtle raspberry coulis and lemon elderflower in our tiers) and unlike a lot of other cakes, her buttercream icing is fresh, buttery, and not overpoweringly sweet. We were sent home with a honeymoon bag of fresh slices to enjoy and our anniversary tier with very clear directions on how to preserve it (can't wait)! Karen is a true professional and it shows, because she make sure everything was taken care of and all the worry of delivery and set up was taken out of my hands. Finally, when we had to reschedule our wedding reception due to COVID, Karen had absolutely no problem accommodating us and we were able to set up our new date without any additional charges. Thank you for everything!
    Vincent S. Married on 10/26/2019

Highly recommended

Tasty cakes and down to earth.

Cakes in Art's reply:

Vincent,
    Thank you so much for your review! I am so excited that I am working with you & Kirsten!!
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Message vendor

Vintage Floral Design Vintage Floral Design Wedding Florists

Beautiful work AND delicious!!

Lieb Photographic LLC Lieb Photographic LLC Wedding Photographers

Oh my goodness! All I can say is "STUNNING!" If you want a GORGEOUS cake that tastes amazing and is delivered professionally and perfectly, you really need to contact Cakes in Art today.

May June Events May June Events Wedding Planners

Cakes in Art is a dream come true for any bride searching for a wow-worthy cake!! Karen's cakes are absolutely incredible, and her talent knows no bounds. The artistry she displays in each of her dazzling confections makes it almost a shame to cut into... if only they weren't so delicious!! Her cakes make for a show stopping element to any wedding, and if guests aren't blown away by how it looks on the outside, they'll certainly be amazed by how good it tastes on the inside!! I would highly recommend Karen to any couple searching for a stunning, out of this world cake that tastes as fabulous as it looks!!!

5981 Sedgewick Ct King George, 22485
Location of (Cakes in Art)

Other vendors in Richmond for your wedding