79 Reviews for AJ Sexton - Vows For Two

Non-religious (2)
Customized Vows (1)

Aj was absolutely amazing!! Everything was very easy going with him and he worked with our schedules to get in time for the interviews. As far as price goes we definitely got our money worth and then some. I had shopped around for a few weeks looking for someone and price wise he was actually on the lower end in Orange County. Our wedding was in Dove Canyon (about a 30-40 min drive) and there was no travel fee for his services, so that’s a bonus. He really took an interest in our love story and our individual stories as well. The vows were everything we could of hoped for! Aj interviewed me and husband separately so we were happily surprised during the ceremony to hear what we had said about each other ( I cried!) haha. The only regret we have was not getting a videographer for the wedding because the vows he wrote for us were so perfect we want to hear them again!! Highly highly recommend Aj Sexton for your wedding, not only is he an amazing wordsmith but a really great guy too. You will definitely have a good time with him on the day of and all the time you spend with him for the interviews!

Profile Picture Sara, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We found AJ online with no recommendation except these reviews. We absolutely made the right choice! He made us feel so comfortable sharing our stories and personal feelings about each other, and then translated them to our guests with sincerity and humor. We couldn't have asked for a better ceremony. We definitely recommend him to all!

Profile Picture Amy, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

AJ was a fantastic officiant. We were referred to him by our wedding planner, and of course were a little nervous because we had never met. In just a couple short meetings, AJ was able to get a personal understanding of our relationship and craft a beautiful message for our ceremony. We would absolutely refer him to any future brides and grooms looking for a casual, fun, personal and entertaining ceremony. It was just the way we wanted it.

Profile Picture Tim, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I searched for a while to find the perfect officiant for us. I knew I didn't want a super traditional ceremony and wanted the flexibility to make it what we wanted. We are also not local so I knew I had to be able to find someone that was able to work with us via Skype and phone calls and be able to also pick up on our personalities and story. A.J. did amazing at all the pre-planning of the ceremony with us and came in on the day of the wedding doing an amazing job. As a super planner bride, he also kept me calm and reassured me that it would go smoothly; sure enough, it did! I would absolutely recommend you get on a call with him and see if he is the right fit for you and your soon-to-be spouse.

Profile Picture kailin, 5/27/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows

I don't like that the rating only goes to a 5 as he is a 10 all the way! He is the BEST. We feel like we have known him for years when, in fact, we had met twice for an hour each time. He got us! In reverse, our friends all asked how many years he had known us, and they all commented that it was the best, most personal wedding they've ever attended. AJ was amazing how he told "our story" and made it unique, special, touching and humorous all at the same time. He made the ceremony reflect us -- our emotions and personalities -- and there is no way it could have been any better. We highly recommend AJ...he will help make your special day extraordinary.

Profile Picture Albert, 12/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

A.J went above and beyond for my wedding. He made the ceremony truly magical for my husband and myself. I will never forget our ceremony because AJ highlighted so much of my now husband and our love story!! He was the best!!! He will make your ceremony beautiful and full of love!

Profile Picture Madison, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband Matt and I just got married last weekend and we cannot thank AJ enough for the beautiful ceremony he officiated for us.
After interviewing Matt and I one on one, AJ put together a time-line and story of how Matt and I met and what each one of us had to say about eachother. It was beautiful. He made us laugh, and he made us cry :)
Our family and friends raved about how beautiful our ceremony and wedding and we could not be happier with our choice of having AJ as our officiant. He was our friends officiant last year and that's how we found him and we will continue referring him!!
Thank You for the Most Beautiful Day Of Our Life!!!!!

Profile Picture Dannielle, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious

AJ was absolutely spectacular! We could not have had a more wonderful officiant. He was professional, funny, and very personable. He did his research and performed a ceremony that was beyond perfect. He engaged all of our family and friends and took everything to heart that we had talked with him about. You absolutely will not go wrong with AJ Saxton. Perfection......

Profile Picture Kat, 8/22/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

AJ was absolutely fabulous! He made us both feel very comfortable as we prepared for our big day. I was so worried about sobbing throughout the ceremony. He calmed my fears and did a wonderful job injecting levity at exactly the right time. It was a very personalized ceremony. Our guests were so impressed! Many told us it was the best wedding they had ever attended.

Profile Picture Sheri, 3/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

AJ is the absolute best officiant we could have ever asked for and is the main reason why our ceremony was so special and memorable. Our wedding guests have endlessly commented that our ceremony was the most beautiful they have ever seen. It was so personal and individualized. It was meaningful yet lighthearted and humorous at the same time. Everyone was both laughing and crying, which is exactly what we had wanted. AJ really made an effort to stay true to our love story, finding just the perfect way to share it with our guests and incorporate it into our vows. I cannot say enough positive things about the service that was provided. If you are looking for something truly unique, romantic and unforgettable, then contact Vows for Two.

Profile Picture Scott , 3/7/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

AJ was truly one of the highlights of our wedding. Several attendees asked us -- where did you find your officiant?! He's amazing!

We couldn't have been happier with the little personal details he integrated into our ceremony, making our day memorable and perfect.

If they had 10 stars to give, we would, as he was awesome! We interviewed and researched several officiants and were thrilled to have him at our special day.

Profile Picture Cindy, 11/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

AJ was easy to reach and has an awesome personality. Very calm, sincere and helpful. He made the ceremony very engaging and is an excellent story teller. He took tibits of our own experiences and made this heartfelt, funny and creative presentation that everyone enjoyed. I was nervous for a moment and he helped me relax with his humor. At the end everyone was asking if he was a family friend. The guests at one point asked where he had gone and if he was coming back. He was on time and easy to get along with. Most people spend more money on flowers, chair covers, and cake, but at the end no one remembers those things as much as the unique ceremony.

Profile Picture Sergio, 10/13/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

AJ Sexton is amazing! I highly recommend him to anyone looking for an officiant. He is professional, talented, kind,  humorous and truly cares. We found him through weddingwire and after reading all the positive reviews we decided to meet with him.
We didn't want a generic (or boring) Ceremony so we were definitely looking for someone unique.  My husband has a great sense of humor so our ideal officiant would incorporate humor and personality into the ceremony as well. AJ definitely fit the bill!!
He took the time to get to know us and incorporated details of our lives seamlessly into the ceremony. He kept our guests engaged and kept my husband and I smiling, even though we had moments of tears. We had a family tragedy just weeks before the wedding and AJ was very understanding and accommodating. He was very respectful and sensitive to the situation and kept things light when we started to get emotional.
I can't tell you how much we recommend AJ! Anyone who uses him won't be disappointed. One of our friends has officiated a few weddings and he couldn't say enough good things about AJ and the ceremony.  We had so many people come up to us and say it was the best ceremony they have ever attended.
AJ made our day so very special. Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Stacie, 10/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

AJ is truly amazing !!!! I was nervous because we couldn't meet with him until the day before our wedding (we live out of state) but I couldn't have picked anyone better. We met with him individually so he could get the most important details of our feelings, our love for each other and our history in our own words. He took our words and told a beautiful love story during our ceremony. My fiancee and I were both in tears ... You will not be disappointed !!!! Thanks again AJ

Profile Picture Amy, 10/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My Fiancé and I were going through a lot just before our wedding both emotionally and physical. The only thing we knew for sure is that we wanted to be married. We had a few officiates fall through either due to time/day, or religious conflicts. I was a bit skeptical of having someone we just found online to perform, but time was factor. We talked to a few people and AJ told us that he has a passion for helping and making the experience special. We met him and though that he would be a “good” officiate. He interviewed us individually, and then at the wedding day, he was encouraging and supportive. AJ’s personality comes across like an excited young kid, and that was what made a difference. He has performed over 80 ceremonies, and each one is as exciting to him as the first. He made us laugh, cry, and re-enforced that we were meant for each other. He made a wonderful occasion even better, and in my mind went from “Good” to “Remarkable”! We had so many compliments on AJ running the ceremony. I would highly recommend AJ to perform any ceremony and thank him so much for making this day so easy to share this with my beautiful and amazing wife.

Profile Picture Kevin, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

AJ did an amazing job with our ceremony. I had so many of our guests tell me that they loved how personal and specific the story was that he told of how we met and how we feel about each other. I couldn't have asked for a better officiant - he incorporated every element we wanted in a way that flowed perfectly. He even included some humor which is definitely a plus for us. I recommend AJ without hesitation to anyone looking for someone to make their wedding day even more special and memorable.

Profile Picture Joanna, 9/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

WOW! AJ is by far the best officiant in the business! I've been to my share of weddings, and, yes, they're all beautiful in their own way, but speaking on behalf of every guest at my own wedding with my husband, AJ is truly unique in the way he conducts ceremonies. Our ceremony was heartfelt, personal and intimate without all the usual fluff you hear at traditional weddings. It was completely personalized. Everyone thought that AJ was a close friend of the family - that's how well he represented us! From the very beginning, AJ treated our relationship with sincere interest, taking the time to meet with us, hear our stories, how we feel and what we mean to each other. Recording us separately was absolute genius! During the ceremony, my husband and I felt like we were rediscovering each other through AJ's words - he took everything we said and delivered it ten times better! He had me crying at my own words as he quoted me to my husband! After the ceremony, every single person, including the guests, wedding coordinators and vendors, made a point of telling us how they've never seen a more beautiful ceremony, and we owe it all to AJ. Do not pass him up! He's worth every penny!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/30/14, 9 Reviews
Category: Officiant

It was truly wonderful working with AJ for our wedding. He helped make our wedding personal and one of a kind. We had interviewed 6 wedding Officiants and knew from our first meeting with AJ that he was the one for us. We did not want a normal traditional wedding ceremony and loved that AJ worked with us closely to give us a unique ceremony that we'd remember forever.

Leading up to the wedding, AJ walked through everything with us. He asked us how we envisioned the wedding and gave us suggestions as to how to make it more special and unique. We love his approach to having your guests laughing in the beginning and crying at the end. Our guests commented at how unique our ceremony was and how much they enjoyed it.

Our family and friends thought AJ was a friend of ours who knew us for a long time; that's how well he connected with everyone. My grandmother even commented that this was one of the best weddings she had ever attended and she's attended a lot in her lifetime. It was so great to hear how everyone thought that the ceremony was so different and really reflected us.

I would recommend AJ to any couple that really wants a ceremony that is personalized. We had the most amazing experience working with AJ. Everything we planned with him happened smoothly without any hiccups. He is well worth the investment and my husband and I are both honored to have had him officiate our wedding.

Profile Picture Loni, 6/15/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

From the first time I spoke to AJ on the phone I knew I wanted him to be our officiant. I didn't want people to dread being at our ceremony like I have many times before. AJ was always there when he needed to be reached, he was not intimidating and he's not your run of the mill wedding officiant. You can tell he really cares about the story he tells during the ceremony. As soon as the ceremony was over people raved about him and said it was one of the best ceremonies they have ever been to. He was worth spending a little bit more.

Profile Picture User3052922, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

The officiant is usually the last thought in most brides minds; we tend to think about the dress, the flowers, the cake, and everything else But the officiant. But do you know the officiant really can turn that "tedious" ceremony into something magical, breath-taking and worth remembering? I knew going around the marriage circle a second time that I wanted someone who wasn't just going to recite from a piece of paper or do the whole "dearly beloved" spiel.

AJ really does things different than most officiants you will find out there. He takes the time to learn the background and story behind a couple, so he can give the couple a really customized funny-tear-jerking ceremony. He kept my husband calm when they were waiting up there and even took time to pull me aside before the ceremony to tell me that everything was going to be ok. Our ceremony came out beautiful. We loved him and it would be crazy if you didn't ask him to perform your ceremony.

Profile Picture Cynthia, 1/11/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Amazing!!!! Made everyone feel like he was a close personal friend of ours. We absolutely loved AJ an will refer him to anyone we know.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 11/17/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We can't thank AJ enough for taking what was planned to be a simple courthouse wedding and turning into a beautiful, heartfelt ceremony overlooking the Pacific Ocean. If I had met him sooner, we would have made arrangements to take him to Cabo for the symbolic main event!

AJ didn't just go through the motions, he took the time to get to know each of us and became familiar with our lives thus far. His words on the day of our wedding were nothing short of perfect. Even though it was the smallest of gatherings, he treated it like it was a 300 person event. He provided a moment for the two of of that was far beyond our expectations, and I can't thank him enough for making our day so special!

Would I recommend this guy? In a heartbeat! AJ takes great pride in providing an unparalleled experience on what truly is the most important of days. He definitely knows what he's doing.

Thanks again AJ! Harry and Gladys Robertson

Profile Picture Harry, 11/2/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We needed to find an officiant to marry us because our other choices fell through. We stumbled across AJ's reviews online and decided to meet the guy. Let me say, best decision ever! AJ will personalize your wedding and make things so easy on you and your partner. He will do an outstanding job guaranteed, you will not be dissapointed with him. All the guests that mentioned anything about the officiant had great things to say about AJ, and he helped make our ceremony so memorable.

Profile Picture Steven, 10/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

AJ was a great officiant! His wedding style is very warm and inviting, and really allows the guests to get to know the couple even better! After the wedding I had a member of the bridal party say when she gets married, she'd love to have him as an officiant! I would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Becca, 10/11/13, 5 Reviews