Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA 93105 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 1
  • Deals 1

About Father Jerry Bellamy

Father Jerry Bellamy is a retired Catholic priest who has been officiating wedding ceremonies in and around Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco California since 1971. He is now married with a wonderful wife and two children. He respects each couple’s relationship by creating a wedding ceremony that allows you to celebrate the unique love between you and your soon-to-be spouse with your friends and family. As a non-denominational wedding officiant, he specializes in religious and non-religious wedding ceremonies throughout San Diego, Orange, Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo, Monterrey, and San Francisco.

Father Jerry Bellamy enjoys creating customized civil or religious wedding ceremonies, elopements, and vow renewals for same-sex, religious, and non-religious couples, with rehearsals. He is bilingual, and willing to officiate in English or Spanish. His philosophy is that every couple’s traditions and beliefs should be honored, which means he takes the time to get to know you as a couple, offering counseling and helping to develop the ceremony of your dreams. Father Jerry Bellamy will officiate wedding ceremonies for the following religions and belief systems:

• Agnostic
  • Orthodox Christian
  • Quaker
  • Unitarian

Other Services
Father Jerry Bellamy will happily preside over your wedding anniversaries and Quinceañeras.

Follow Father Jerry Bellamy on
amy lundstrom

336 Reviews for Father Jerry Bellamy

• Connolly

Connolly Smith · Getting married on 11/02/2021

Perfectly personalized same-sex wedding!

As a same-sex, non-religious couple with Catholic parents, we struggled to figure out a ceremony and officiant that would make everyone happy. We did so much research but still had no idea what to actually say and do in our ceremony. The first time we met with Father Jerry, we knew we had found the perfect compromise. As a retired Catholic priest, he lent the gravity and seriousness our parents wanted, and as a marriage equality supporter, he made us feel comfortable and valued. He helped us personalize portions of the ceremony so that our relationship was always at the center, but kept the framework traditional so it felt like a "real" wedding. He was also willing to help us find that perfect balance of a nod to Catholicism without making us uncomfortable since we're non-religious. Father Jerry is hilarious and kind, and charmed everyone he spoke to. We heard from many guests that it was the best wedding ceremony they'd ever attended. We are so happy with how everything turned out and would absolutely recommend Father Jerry to other couples!

Sent on 05/19/2020

Troy Quinn · Getting married on 07/05/2021

Fr. Jerry is the best in the business!!!

My wife and I got married on May 31st in Beverly Hills and we were looking for the ideal priest who would bring a religious aspect to the ceremony, as I am Catholic, but also balance our multicultural and inter-religious needs as my wife's family is Pakistani Christians. Fr. Jerry couldn't be more kind, genuine, or knowledgeable about the entire process. He worked with us in detail regarding the whole ceremonial process and was a true professional, listening to our needs and wanting to make this the perfect day that it should be. Do not waste your time looking for anyone else, Fr. Jerry is the best in the business!

Sent on 11/08/2019

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Troy, it was a great joy to plan and celebrate with both of you and your families. What I try to do is be a good mirror of my couples. So your kind words above are a reflection of your values and personalities, as was your ceremony. I try to accurately reflect all of the goodness in the ceremony. Come to Santa Barbara for a visit or concert. Father Jerry

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Father Jerry Bellamy FAQ

• What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What services do you provide?
    Allow Couples' Own Vows
    Licensed
    Premarital Counseling
    Bilingual
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    Presbyterian
    Quaker
    Shinto
    Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    CA
  • What languages do you speak?
    English
    Spanish

Real Weddings

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Father Jerry Bellamy 1
    Spreadsheet to choose BEST Officiant

The most important part of your wedding day is your CEREMONY. You will have many meals and parties to look back on in your lives, but only ONE ceremony. Thousands of people can be authorized to perform a ceremony, having NO training or experience. I hear stories all of the time of how terrible some ceremonies are. I have a SPREADSHEET for you to consider URGENT ISSUES about Officiants. I will send it to you....

The issues you have to consider about Officiants are:

1. How many years of formal training to officiate weddings
    9. What wedding websites showing
    10. How many reviews
    11. Are all of the reviews 5 STARS
    12. Performs weddings everywhere in CA

Let me know if you want me to send that to you. If you have any questions 805-687-4248

• LOTUS | Luxury Wedding Films
    LOTUS | Luxury Wedding Films Wedding Videographers

What a great company! We highly recommend!

• Ciel Bleu Event Design Wedding Planners

It is very challenging for couples to not only choose the right person to marry them but also to find the right person! In this small pocket of California there are limited choices. I am so relieved when my clients mention Father Jerry because I know not only will they have a memorable and exquisitely penned ceremony but they will also go into their day organized, calm and excited. Father Jerry has many years of experience and knows how to set my clients' mind at ease. I highly recommend him for the job!

• Hoste Events Wedding Planners

Father Jerry Bellamy will make your wedding ceremony relaxed, personal and beautiful. I love how he gets to know the couples so that the ceremony rings authentic to who the couple is. I always know my couples are in good hands when working with him.

• Santa Barbara Santa Barbara, CA, 93105 See on map
    24/7
    Location of (Father Jerry Bellamy)
  • Santa Barbara, 93105 See on map
    Call at any time.
    Location of (Father Jerry Bellamy)