Father Jerry Bellamy Reviews

299 Father Jerry Bellamy Reviews
  • Denise

Denise Perez · Married on 11/09/2018

Denise- married 11/09/2018

We were so blessed to have found Father Jerry to officiate our wedding ceremony in the Santa Barbara Rose Garden! I thanked GOD so many times for leading me to Father Jerry. I'm Catholic but my husband is not, and Father Jerry made us both feel very comfortable the entire time. We loved his sense of humor. He helped us plan our wedding and looking back, I would not have changed a thing. My husband and I are very thankful and pleased!! I strongly recommend Father Jerry!!

• U

Uma · Married on 10/13/2018

Jerry Bellamy is the consumate wedding officiant.

My daughter and son in law were unsure about who to use as an officiant since our families are of different faiths, cultures and in some cases, language. Furthermore, they already had a baby prior to marriage and did not want to feel judged in any way. They never had a moment's hesitation after meeting Jerry. He took his time getting to know them and he made them feel comfortable and at ease. The ceremony itself could not have been performed better by any other person: Jerry respected and included both cultures (he is bilingual, so he used both languages) and he spoke in a way that resonated with all people present, of all ages. The ceremony was outside, in a park, and while the surroundings were informal, and while Jerry has a casual style that fit the venue, his officiating and his message still felt important. We are all forever grateful that Jerry was a part of this special day. I cannot imagine any other bride and groom would not feel this way as well. He is the best!

Daisy · Married on 09/27/2018

Father Jerry was the best! He made the whole Ceremony special and in a unique way. My husband isn’t a religious person but i was raised Catholic so he made it so he wouldn’t feel uncomfortable. We met with him a few months before our wedding and planned out every part of the ceremony with him. He was easy going and a funny person to get along with. All of our guests had good things to say about father Jerry and the whole ceremony. I can honestly say Father Jerry was the best decision we made. Definitely will recommend him.

Father Jerry Bellamy 1

Guadalupe · Married on 07/21/2018

Father Bellamy performed our beach wedding ceremony in July. His sense of humor and bilingual skills made our wedding ceremony truly unique and enjoyable. Our guests raved about the officiant and we were thoroughly relaxed knowing we were in good hands having Father Bellamy as the officiant.

• Z

Zaida · Married on 07/15/2018

Father Bellamy was the perfect choice for our ceremony. We are a Catholic and Protestant couple who come from extremely devout families and both of us also value our own individual religions greatly. After our initial conversation with Father Bellamy we were convinced he was THE ONE to officiate our ceremony. With his understanding of how important it was for us to have a religious ceremony that shared both catholic and protestant traditions he was able to plan a wonderful ceremony that focused on our commonalities, which turns we have a lot more in common than not :) After the ceremony we had family members from both sides express happiness, and surprise at the same time, that there were many religious elements. My 92 y/o Catholic grandmother came up to me and said her prayers had been answered and the groom's Protestant mother stated she was ecstatic that our marriage had received God's blessing.
    Furthermore, he was amazing at easing everybody's nerves before the ceremony and gently took charge to make sure everything came out as planned- and it did! He also has a great sense of humor and it was a point of conversation during the reception. We highly recommend Father Bellamy

Sent on 07/28/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Zaida and Jason, thank you so much for sharing your feelings of and those of your guests and family members. Your grandmother is REALLY exceptional, what a gracious and beautiful woman. Remember, the successes you experienced are all a result of who the two of you are. I did the best I could to not "get in the way". I always remember something I learned during my 12 years of seminary study, before being ordained as a priest: "Nobody ever went to heaven because they were Catholic or Protestant or Jewish or Muslim or Buddhist or Shintu or . . . . faiths. The only reason anyone ever goes to heaven is because of how LOVING they are." I hope to see you again in the future. Father Jerry

Carmen · Married on 07/12/2018

Father Bellamy provided a positive ceremony with a love centered message. So appreciative for his time and grace. Thank you

DAVID · Married on 07/01/2018

We both are greatly appreciative of father Jeremy’s professionalism. Father Jeremy made sure my wife and I were relaxed through the ceremony and afterwards . We strongly recommend him .

Nicole · Married on 06/30/2018

Fr. Jerry officiated our wedding in June along with a Jewish cantor. I am Catholic and my husband is Jewish. Both of us come from families that are very observant of their respective faiths. The fact that we were having an inter-faith wedding did not come easy with either family. Working with Fr. Jerry really helped us bridge the gap and try to focus on elements of the service that were shared (or at least familiar) to both religions. Throughout the service, his remarks focused heavily on inclusiveness, which really struck the right chord. He was very friendly, easy to work with, and had a lot of perspective on how other couples handled both inter-faith issues and family difficulties, such as us. It was very reassuring to hear his advice and perspective.

Mitch · Married on 06/27/2018

From our very first contact with Father Jerry, the whole process went incredibly well. My now wife and I live in Modesto, but wanted to be married on the Monterey coast. We wanted our ceremony to be small with just our adult children, my wife's mother, and a photographer. Even though it was small, and not in the church, we wanted a sprinkling of a traditional church wedding in the ceremony. More than anything, we wanted it to be about us and our love for each other. Father Jerry was simply the best person to make it all happen. Even though, due to logistics, we planned it all via telephone, we never felt worried or had any concerns that our ceremony wouldn't be what we wanted. Father Jerry's experience, suggestions, and sense of humor ultimately resulted in our perfect day! I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Father Jerry Bellamy 2
    Father Jerry Bellamy 3
    Father Jerry Bellamy 4

Laura · Married on 06/17/2018

Jerry was fabulous! We had a beautiful wedding day in Santa Barbara at the Courthouse Sunken Gardens. Jerry was very professional, and made me and my husband feel very calm and comfortable the entire time. Our guests even commented on how much they loved Reverend Jerry!! We highly recommend him if you want a smooth and happy day! Jerry is so good! Two thumbs up for sure!

Angell · Married on 04/08/2018

We are very grateful to Father Jerry Bellamy for making our wedding day perfect. Whit his kindness and dedication he showed us that marriage is a decision that will forever tie our spirits and hearths together. We cannot think of a better friend to have performed our ceremony. We will always remember how special he made us feel and can highly recommend him for your wedding day!

• F

frennie · Married on 01/02/2018

We couldn't have pulled this off the way we wanted it exactly without Fr. Jerry's help. He definitely made the ceremony complete.

Father Jerry Bellamy 5
    Father Jerry Bellamy 6

Karen · Married on 12/27/2017

Father Bellamy did a fantastic job at our Santa Barbara Courthouse wedding in December of 2017. He created a mixed denominational service (Athiest and Catholic) and made suggestions with special touches to include our families. It was a first wedding for both of us so Father Bellamy's experience and easygoing personality really helped us to relax and create a wonderful service that everyone commented on positively. Thank you Father Bellamy!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Karen, thank you for taking the time to write this note. Your celebration took place a few months ago but I still remember all of you and the great spirit that surrounded you. Father Jerry

Christine · Married on 11/11/2017

Christine and I live in Texas and having a destination wedding in Santa Barbara was difficult to plan at times. However, the easiest part was finding who to do the ceremony. Father Bellamy was a natural fit who provided exceptional service and enthusiasm that made our wedding ceremony better than we could have imagined. He is a true professional and knows how to take each couple’s personality, and use it to personalize a service that you will never forget. We strongly recommend Father Bellamy to anyone because we will always remember the great work he did.

Father Jerry Bellamy 7
    Father Jerry Bellamy 8
    Father Jerry Bellamy 9

Lauren · Married on 10/28/2017

I hired Father Jerry to officiate our wedding in LA. I am Catholic and my husband in Hindu, so we were doing back-to-back wedding ceremonies and wanted to make sure both of our families felt like we were giving each religion equal attention. Father Jerry spent a significant amount of time helping me to plan the ceremony and had some wonderful ideas. I wanted a light hearted ceremony that was joyful and full of love and he definitely delivered that. He was the perfect choice for our dual-religious ceremonies and I would highly recommend!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Lauren and Namit - how wonderful for you to share your relationship and backgrounds with all of your guests. You really did hit all of the right buttons. What a great mixture of Catholic/Christian and Hindu faiths. There really is only one God. What makes people holy is determined by how loving they are. You did it. Father Jerry

Christine · Married on 10/23/2017

Farher Jerry was a wonderful choice for our wedding vow renewal ceremony. He adapted his sermon to our tiny event so well, it was very personal. It is an important decision who you choose to be the celebrant for such an important event, and I'm confident that you would never have any reason to regret choosing Father Bellamy :)

Sent on 11/09/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Christine and Clark - how refreshing it was to meet the both of you. I hope we can remain friends into the future. Even though you live in Australia, I look forward to seeing both of you again. Father Jerry

Lauren · Married on 10/21/2017

From the moment we talked with Father Jerry we knew we had picked the correct person to officiate our wedding in Topanga Canyon. During the wedding planning process he helped lessen the stress of perfecting our wedding ceremony by guiding us to pick readings and incorporating messages that reflected our personal upbringings and relationship. It is so easy to work with Father Jerry; he is knowledgeable, professional, and offers suggestions and advice to create the perfect ceremony. He truly has a way of putting you at ease during the planning process and the day of the wedding. With his guidance our ceremony was easily constructed and he helped us create memories that we will cherish for a lifetime! Father Jerry helped us create a ceremony that was warm, full of laughter, and unique. We were so pleased by how personal the ceremony was and how Father Jerry incorporated Catholic and non-denominational traditions that reflected our marriage and relationship perfectly. Our family and friends have continually commented on our wedding ceremony and how special it was. We give all of the credit to Father Jerry and his magical work. We are beyond grateful he officiated our wedding and could not image our wedding day without him!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Lauren and Alan, how nice of you to take the time to share your thoughts and impressions. Both of you made everything perfect for your day at the 1909 N Topanga location. I am so pleased that our paths crossed. The ceremony was a reflection of the two of you. I was just a very lucky person to be involved. I hope that you will take a side trip to Santa Barbara in the future just to say hello. Merry Christmas

Samantha · Married on 10/13/2017

Father Jerry made my wedding ceremony OH SO NOT BORING! The guests were cracking up laughing at his jokes, and I got so many comments about how great my officiant was. He was seriously the life of the ceremony. He also helped ease the nerves...which was much needed on my end. DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HIM!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Samantha and Trey - you brought your family and guests to your wedding in Santa Barbara, from Tampa and . . . . . all over the country. I must admit that there were some humorous things that did happen even though it was still holy. After my 12 years of formal training and then 45 years of being a priest, the God I know loves many things, including people and good parties. Good, simple laughter is one of the signs of the presence of God. Come back for a visit. Father Jerry

Bianca · Married on 10/08/2017

Father Jerry is a wonderful officiant. He was always available for any questions I had and he planned our ceremony so perfectly. He helped to make our ceremony unique and personal and suggested a cord and coin ceremony as a nod to my Filipino heritage. Our guests enjoyed the ceremony and we could not stop hearing about how much people loved it. I can't express the gratitude my husband and I have for Father Jerry for making our ceremony so fun and unforgettable.

Sent on 10/19/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Bianca and Joey - Thank you for your very kind review. I was so impressed with your family and friends. Everyone was so outgoing and inclusive of others. I think that yours was possibly the best ceremony ever at the Hartley Botanica in Camarillo. Blessings in the years to come. Father Jerry

Kelly · Married on 10/07/2017

Father Bellamy was amazing! Exactly what we were looking for. Our ceremony was touching and funny with just the right amount of religion we requested. We received numerous compliments from our guests. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Kelly and Eric - thank you for your comments. You are an amazing couple and your ceremony just reflected how great you are. I was really surprised to see Kendra walk down the aisle as a member of your bridal party. I performed her wedding 17 years ago. Come to visit some time. Father Jerry 805-687-4248

Stephanie · Married on 09/24/2017

I am so glad we picked Father Jerry to be our officiant. We planned our wedding in San Luis Obispo while living in Portland, OR, but it was easy to communicate with Father Jerry over phone and email. After we had our phone call with him to plan the ceremony out, we definitely knew we had made the right choice. Everything that we thought would be so hard (choosing our vows, readings, etc.) ended up being painless and easy. He was encouraging and had great suggestions, and simplified the whole planning process for us. I could recommend Father Jerry to anyone just for that alone!

But of course, he was also an amazing officiant. We had our wedding at the Madonna Inn and I don’t think I could have dreamed up a more beautiful ceremony. It was traditional and personal, silly and emotional, and just perfect. So many people commented at our reception on how great Father Jerry was.

One of the things I love the most was that he made us pause during the ceremony and turn to face our guests, just so we could take a moment to look at all of our friends and family who were there under one roof. I am so glad he did, because although much of that day was a blur, we will have that one beautiful memory forever.

If you need an officiant, reach out to Father Jerry! He is simply the best.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Stephanie and Joey - both of you really deserve all of the credit for your amazing ceremony. I did certainly play a part but both of you really knew what a wedding is all about. Joy and celebration were everywhere. Remember to come to Santa Barbara again to visit. Father Jerry 805-687-4248

Bobby · Married on 09/23/2017

Father Jerry was flexible and professional during the entire process. He performed a great ceremony that was a perfect blend of traditional and fun.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Annette and Bobby - Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I look forward to seeing you again. Father Jerry

C. · Married on 09/16/2017

We had our ceremony at the Lion's Park in Carpinteria, CA and Father Jerry helped to make our day amazing. He was able to provide us a general ceremony outline/timeline, which we really loved. He also kept the crowd and us entertained, but always made sure people understood the importance of such an occassion. I would recommend Father Jerry to any couple as he was so friendly and welcoming. He is a true professional and really enjoys being a part of union of two people in love.

Sent on 10/15/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

At times during your wedding I would look out to the guests and see your sister and remember that I performed her wedding so many, many years ago off the San Marcos Pass on the way from Santa Barbara to Solvang. It was wonderful to see everyone again. Please stay in touch. Father Jerry

Christopher · Married on 09/16/2017

Father Jerry made our wedding ceremony so unique, but also with a traditional flare. There was such an incredible vibe and amount of love that resonated from his presence and message, He also added just the right amount of humor. We've received so many compliments from people who attended the wedding.

Sent on 10/16/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Christopher and Johanna - the beautiful Presidio Chapel in Santa Barbara came alive thanks to you and your guests and family members. After your ceremony everyone was talking about how exquisite it was. It was the highlight of your entire wedding day. Good Job !!!! Father Jerry