Father Jerry Bellamy Reviews

Father Jerry Bellamy 7
  • Raul

Raul Oropeza · Married on 11/20/2018

Very understanding and compassion

Me and my beautiful wife found Jerry online since we wanted to have our wedding at the Santa Barbara court house. We had our wedding on November 20th around 2pm. We had already decided to have it in the garden area where you didn't need reservations. He gave us great ideas and direction with the wedding. He also did it all over the phone wich was great for us since we live in Los Angeles. We had our ceremony up on the Bell Tower. Everything went smoothly. I would definitely recommend Jerry. He is accommodating and respects all views and beliefs.

Sent on 11/28/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Brenda and Raul - the clock tower at the courthouse really turned out to be a beautiful location for your ceremony. Come back and visit SB. Father Jerry
  • Daniel

Daniel Cadena · Married on 11/16/2018

Father Jerry was great!

My wife and I could not have been happier with the experience we had with Father Jerry. We initially found his profile on wedding wire and decided to call since he had good reviews. Right from the very beginning we knew we had chosen the right officiant for our ceremony. Father Jerry is very funny, jovial and a very good story teller. He was interested in knowing our story to better accommodate us.

After our initial phone call with him, we setup a meeting in Santa Barbara (where our ceremony was held.) He was just as funny in person as he was on the phone. It was very apparent he had a ton of experience doing this. He walked us through what to expect but also kept in mind what we wanted. The meeting lasted about and hour and a half. By the end of it, he put us more at easy with the process. He heard what specific details we wanted and he was more than open to accommodate any requests.

We had a couple of changes as the wedding neared, and he was accessible and open to changing plans. We were very happy about that. On the day of the wedding, we both were nervous about how organized our ceremony would appear. We did not have a wedding coordinator, so naturally we did not know what to expect. Father Jerry took control the moment he arrived and the ceremony turned out great! Both my wife and I still talk about how awesome the ceremony turned out. Many of our guests loved the event as well. He got our guests to laugh several times.

I would recommend Father Jerry to anyone, including my closest friends and family. If you chose him, you will not be disappointed. Thank you Father Jerry!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Catherine and Daniel, you came from Long Beach to SB for all of the planning and ceremony. Both of you have great values and sense of humor and holiness. It was great to meet and work with you. Merry Christmas. Father Jerry

shelley · Married on 11/10/2018

Father Bellamy was a pleasure to work with and he gave us a wonderful ceremony.

Father Bellamy was very funny and personable to work with, but what we especially appreciated was the message that he conveyed during our ceremony. It felt sincere and personalized to our wishes for our special day! Would absolutely recommend to anyone.

Sent on 11/27/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Shelley and Codie: Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feelings. It was great to come to know and work with you. Father Jerry
  • Denise

Denise Perez · Married on 11/09/2018

Denise- married 11/09/2018

We were so blessed to have found Father Jerry to officiate our wedding ceremony in the Santa Barbara Rose Garden! I thanked GOD so many times for leading me to Father Jerry. I'm Catholic but my husband is not, and Father Jerry made us both feel very comfortable the entire time. We loved his sense of humor. He helped us plan our wedding and looking back, I would not have changed a thing. My husband and I are very thankful and pleased!! I strongly recommend Father Jerry!!

• U

Uma · Married on 10/13/2018

Jerry Bellamy is the consumate wedding officiant.

My daughter and son in law were unsure about who to use as an officiant since our families are of different faiths, cultures and in some cases, language. Furthermore, they already had a baby prior to marriage and did not want to feel judged in any way. They never had a moment's hesitation after meeting Jerry. He took his time getting to know them and he made them feel comfortable and at ease. The ceremony itself could not have been performed better by any other person: Jerry respected and included both cultures (he is bilingual, so he used both languages) and he spoke in a way that resonated with all people present, of all ages. The ceremony was outside, in a park, and while the surroundings were informal, and while Jerry has a casual style that fit the venue, his officiating and his message still felt important. We are all forever grateful that Jerry was a part of this special day. I cannot imagine any other bride and groom would not feel this way as well. He is the best!

Daisy · Married on 09/27/2018

Father Jerry was the best! He made the whole Ceremony special and in a unique way. My husband isn’t a religious person but i was raised Catholic so he made it so he wouldn’t feel uncomfortable. We met with him a few months before our wedding and planned out every part of the ceremony with him. He was easy going and a funny person to get along with. All of our guests had good things to say about father Jerry and the whole ceremony. I can honestly say Father Jerry was the best decision we made. Definitely will recommend him.

Father Jerry Bellamy 8

Guadalupe · Married on 07/21/2018

Father Bellamy performed our beach wedding ceremony in July. His sense of humor and bilingual skills made our wedding ceremony truly unique and enjoyable. Our guests raved about the officiant and we were thoroughly relaxed knowing we were in good hands having Father Bellamy as the officiant.

• Z

Zaida · Married on 07/15/2018

Father Bellamy was the perfect choice for our ceremony. We are a Catholic and Protestant couple who come from extremely devout families and both of us also value our own individual religions greatly. After our initial conversation with Father Bellamy we were convinced he was THE ONE to officiate our ceremony. With his understanding of how important it was for us to have a religious ceremony that shared both catholic and protestant traditions he was able to plan a wonderful ceremony that focused on our commonalities, which turns we have a lot more in common than not :) After the ceremony we had family members from both sides express happiness, and surprise at the same time, that there were many religious elements. My 92 y/o Catholic grandmother came up to me and said her prayers had been answered and the groom's Protestant mother stated she was ecstatic that our marriage had received God's blessing.
    Furthermore, he was amazing at easing everybody's nerves before the ceremony and gently took charge to make sure everything came out as planned- and it did! He also has a great sense of humor and it was a point of conversation during the reception. We highly recommend Father Bellamy

Sent on 07/28/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Zaida and Jason, thank you so much for sharing your feelings of and those of your guests and family members. Your grandmother is REALLY exceptional, what a gracious and beautiful woman. Remember, the successes you experienced are all a result of who the two of you are. I did the best I could to not "get in the way". I always remember something I learned during my 12 years of seminary study, before being ordained as a priest: "Nobody ever went to heaven because they were Catholic or Protestant or Jewish or Muslim or Buddhist or Shintu or . . . . faiths. The only reason anyone ever goes to heaven is because of how LOVING they are." I hope to see you again in the future. Father Jerry

Sara · Married on 07/14/2018

Father Bellamy was, in so many important ways, a perfect choice for our wedding. We walked into our first meeting with him without a clear vision of what we wanted. We had a rough list of do’s and don’ts, but that was it. From that, Father Bellamy perfectly constructed a ceremony that featured many memorable personal touches, plenty of charm, and a beautifully inclusive sermon – which many of our family and friends were personally in awe with. Father Bellamy communicated amazingly and arrived well-prepared. But more importantly, he ensured that we showed up feeling comfortable and well-prepared for our big moment. We never expected to receive so much praise for our officiant! We count ourselves blessed to have found him.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Sara and Brandon, thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts about your wedding. When you sat down with me to plan your wedding, you may have felt as though you sat down with only does and don'ts but you actually had all the elements of your wedding ceremony in your hearts. You had just not had a chance to reflect on them. As we spoke you planned your ceremony. It was a joy to meet you. Even though your wedding took place so far away from Santa Barbara, I hope you come back to visit. Father Jerry

Carmen · Married on 07/12/2018

Father Bellamy provided a positive ceremony with a love centered message. So appreciative for his time and grace. Thank you

DAVID · Married on 07/01/2018

We both are greatly appreciative of father Jeremy’s professionalism. Father Jeremy made sure my wife and I were relaxed through the ceremony and afterwards . We strongly recommend him .

Nicole · Married on 06/30/2018

Fr. Jerry officiated our wedding in June along with a Jewish cantor. I am Catholic and my husband is Jewish. Both of us come from families that are very observant of their respective faiths. The fact that we were having an inter-faith wedding did not come easy with either family. Working with Fr. Jerry really helped us bridge the gap and try to focus on elements of the service that were shared (or at least familiar) to both religions. Throughout the service, his remarks focused heavily on inclusiveness, which really struck the right chord. He was very friendly, easy to work with, and had a lot of perspective on how other couples handled both inter-faith issues and family difficulties, such as us. It was very reassuring to hear his advice and perspective.

Mitch · Married on 06/27/2018

From our very first contact with Father Jerry, the whole process went incredibly well. My now wife and I live in Modesto, but wanted to be married on the Monterey coast. We wanted our ceremony to be small with just our adult children, my wife's mother, and a photographer. Even though it was small, and not in the church, we wanted a sprinkling of a traditional church wedding in the ceremony. More than anything, we wanted it to be about us and our love for each other. Father Jerry was simply the best person to make it all happen. Even though, due to logistics, we planned it all via telephone, we never felt worried or had any concerns that our ceremony wouldn't be what we wanted. Father Jerry's experience, suggestions, and sense of humor ultimately resulted in our perfect day! I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Father Jerry Bellamy 9
    Father Jerry Bellamy 10
    Father Jerry Bellamy 11

Laura · Married on 06/17/2018

Jerry was fabulous! We had a beautiful wedding day in Santa Barbara at the Courthouse Sunken Gardens. Jerry was very professional, and made me and my husband feel very calm and comfortable the entire time. Our guests even commented on how much they loved Reverend Jerry!! We highly recommend him if you want a smooth and happy day! Jerry is so good! Two thumbs up for sure!

Angell · Married on 04/08/2018

We are very grateful to Father Jerry Bellamy for making our wedding day perfect. Whit his kindness and dedication he showed us that marriage is a decision that will forever tie our spirits and hearths together. We cannot think of a better friend to have performed our ceremony. We will always remember how special he made us feel and can highly recommend him for your wedding day!

• F

frennie · Married on 01/02/2018

We couldn't have pulled this off the way we wanted it exactly without Fr. Jerry's help. He definitely made the ceremony complete.

Father Jerry Bellamy 12
    Father Jerry Bellamy 13

Karen · Married on 12/27/2017

Father Bellamy did a fantastic job at our Santa Barbara Courthouse wedding in December of 2017. He created a mixed denominational service (Athiest and Catholic) and made suggestions with special touches to include our families. It was a first wedding for both of us so Father Bellamy's experience and easygoing personality really helped us to relax and create a wonderful service that everyone commented on positively. Thank you Father Bellamy!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Karen, thank you for taking the time to write this note. Your celebration took place a few months ago but I still remember all of you and the great spirit that surrounded you. Father Jerry

Christine · Married on 11/11/2017

Christine and I live in Texas and having a destination wedding in Santa Barbara was difficult to plan at times. However, the easiest part was finding who to do the ceremony. Father Bellamy was a natural fit who provided exceptional service and enthusiasm that made our wedding ceremony better than we could have imagined. He is a true professional and knows how to take each couple’s personality, and use it to personalize a service that you will never forget. We strongly recommend Father Bellamy to anyone because we will always remember the great work he did.

Father Jerry Bellamy 14
    Father Jerry Bellamy 15
    Father Jerry Bellamy 16

Lauren · Married on 10/28/2017

I hired Father Jerry to officiate our wedding in LA. I am Catholic and my husband in Hindu, so we were doing back-to-back wedding ceremonies and wanted to make sure both of our families felt like we were giving each religion equal attention. Father Jerry spent a significant amount of time helping me to plan the ceremony and had some wonderful ideas. I wanted a light hearted ceremony that was joyful and full of love and he definitely delivered that. He was the perfect choice for our dual-religious ceremonies and I would highly recommend!

Sent on 11/15/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Lauren and Namit - how wonderful for you to share your relationship and backgrounds with all of your guests. You really did hit all of the right buttons. What a great mixture of Catholic/Christian and Hindu faiths. There really is only one God. What makes people holy is determined by how loving they are. You did it. Father Jerry

Christine · Married on 10/23/2017

Farher Jerry was a wonderful choice for our wedding vow renewal ceremony. He adapted his sermon to our tiny event so well, it was very personal. It is an important decision who you choose to be the celebrant for such an important event, and I'm confident that you would never have any reason to regret choosing Father Bellamy :)

Sent on 11/09/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Christine and Clark - how refreshing it was to meet the both of you. I hope we can remain friends into the future. Even though you live in Australia, I look forward to seeing both of you again. Father Jerry

Lauren · Married on 10/21/2017

From the moment we talked with Father Jerry we knew we had picked the correct person to officiate our wedding in Topanga Canyon. During the wedding planning process he helped lessen the stress of perfecting our wedding ceremony by guiding us to pick readings and incorporating messages that reflected our personal upbringings and relationship. It is so easy to work with Father Jerry; he is knowledgeable, professional, and offers suggestions and advice to create the perfect ceremony. He truly has a way of putting you at ease during the planning process and the day of the wedding. With his guidance our ceremony was easily constructed and he helped us create memories that we will cherish for a lifetime! Father Jerry helped us create a ceremony that was warm, full of laughter, and unique. We were so pleased by how personal the ceremony was and how Father Jerry incorporated Catholic and non-denominational traditions that reflected our marriage and relationship perfectly. Our family and friends have continually commented on our wedding ceremony and how special it was. We give all of the credit to Father Jerry and his magical work. We are beyond grateful he officiated our wedding and could not image our wedding day without him!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Lauren and Alan, how nice of you to take the time to share your thoughts and impressions. Both of you made everything perfect for your day at the 1909 N Topanga location. I am so pleased that our paths crossed. The ceremony was a reflection of the two of you. I was just a very lucky person to be involved. I hope that you will take a side trip to Santa Barbara in the future just to say hello. Merry Christmas

Samantha · Married on 10/13/2017

Father Jerry made my wedding ceremony OH SO NOT BORING! The guests were cracking up laughing at his jokes, and I got so many comments about how great my officiant was. He was seriously the life of the ceremony. He also helped ease the nerves...which was much needed on my end. DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HIM!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Samantha and Trey - you brought your family and guests to your wedding in Santa Barbara, from Tampa and . . . . . all over the country. I must admit that there were some humorous things that did happen even though it was still holy. After my 12 years of formal training and then 45 years of being a priest, the God I know loves many things, including people and good parties. Good, simple laughter is one of the signs of the presence of God. Come back for a visit. Father Jerry

Bianca · Married on 10/08/2017

Father Jerry is a wonderful officiant. He was always available for any questions I had and he planned our ceremony so perfectly. He helped to make our ceremony unique and personal and suggested a cord and coin ceremony as a nod to my Filipino heritage. Our guests enjoyed the ceremony and we could not stop hearing about how much people loved it. I can't express the gratitude my husband and I have for Father Jerry for making our ceremony so fun and unforgettable.

Sent on 10/19/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Bianca and Joey - Thank you for your very kind review. I was so impressed with your family and friends. Everyone was so outgoing and inclusive of others. I think that yours was possibly the best ceremony ever at the Hartley Botanica in Camarillo. Blessings in the years to come. Father Jerry

Kelly · Married on 10/07/2017

Father Bellamy was amazing! Exactly what we were looking for. Our ceremony was touching and funny with just the right amount of religion we requested. We received numerous compliments from our guests. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Kelly and Eric - thank you for your comments. You are an amazing couple and your ceremony just reflected how great you are. I was really surprised to see Kendra walk down the aisle as a member of your bridal party. I performed her wedding 17 years ago. Come to visit some time. Father Jerry 805-687-4248