Father Jerry Bellamy Reviews

340 Reviews for Father Jerry Bellamy

• Alex

Alex 路 Getting married on 12/25/2021

Father Jerry is amazing

Father Jerry was what we wanted and more. He made it exciting and fun, joked and didn鈥檛 allow it to be awkward, and that is especially hard since that鈥檚 me naturally馃槀. We had guest comment how amazing he was. He made the whole event fun and even added some special features to the event. I couldn鈥檛 have been more impressed and thankful. I loved it !!!

Sent on 05/07/2020

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Alex and Armando, it was wonderful to work with the both of you to help plan and celebrate your wedding. It was so nice to see your family members who I have known for more than 40 years, celebrating weddings, Baptisms, funerals, dinners, prayers, and many parties. Please stay in touch. Father Jerry

Jalal Masri 路 Getting married on 10/08/2021

Father Jerry is a "Must"

Having Father Jerry perform our wedding was the best choice we made and after everything was said and done everyone who attended our wedding couldn鈥檛 say enough about how well he did. He was simply amazing! Many years ago, Father Jerry performed my cousin鈥檚 marriage. I was so impressed that I made sure that he would be a part of our special day. Father Jerry is one of a kind. He is charming and charismatic and speaks to the heart of everyone in attendance. He is a rare talent in knowing how a wedding should flow. His loving and kindness really shows as he cleverly weaves in profound words of wisdom perfectly punctuated with humor that makes everyone laugh. The end result is an unforgettable heartfelt ceremony that everyone enjoys. Our wedding was one of those effected by Covid-19 which drastically changed the style and scope of our marriage. Lucky for us we had Father Jerry on our side with a wealth of ideas of how to make the most wonderful beach ceremony ever. In short, things could not have gone better and he is the main reason why. He really took the time to listen to us and get a clear idea of who we were as individuals and how we wanted our wedding to be. He was also very fun to talk to with his lighthearted humor and upbeat personality. His attention to detail is unmatched and with all his experience, he is full of countless amazing ideas as he infused love and creativity into both the planning and the performance of the marriage. Father Jerry is a professional of the highest caliber, he loves what he does and it truly shows. I always felt that our wedding was as important to him as it was to us and it鈥檚 that level of commitment that made our marriage the most magical day ever. Thank you Father Jerry. You鈥檙e the best!

Sent on 09/02/2020

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Jalal and Setareh: that beach in Orange County was a perfect setting. All of those wonderful things that you shared are only a reflection of how great the two of you are and your love for each other. I just tried to reflect back to you how wonderful the two of you are and will be. Forever, Father Jerry

Troy Quinn 路 Getting married on 07/05/2021

Fr. Jerry is the best in the business!!!

My wife and I got married on May 31st in Beverly Hills and we were looking for the ideal priest who would bring a religious aspect to the ceremony, as I am Catholic, but also balance our multicultural and inter-religious needs as my wife's family is Pakistani Christians. Fr. Jerry couldn't be more kind, genuine, or knowledgeable about the entire process. He worked with us in detail regarding the whole ceremonial process and was a true professional, listening to our needs and wanting to make this the perfect day that it should be. Do not waste your time looking for anyone else, Fr. Jerry is the best in the business!

Sent on 11/08/2019

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Troy, it was a great joy to plan and celebrate with both of you and your families. What I try to do is be a good mirror of my couples. So your kind words above are a reflection of your values and personalities, as was your ceremony. I try to accurately reflect all of the goodness in the ceremony. Come to Santa Barbara for a visit or concert. Father Jerry

Daniel 路 Married on 08/03/2020

Father Jerry made our ceremony just perfect!

He was just exactly what we were dreaming of: funny, sacred, modern yet ancient. All the starts for father Jerry, he is a truly humble spiritual soul. By the way, all our wedding pictures in which he appears are incredibly fun!

Sent on 08/14/2020

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Daniel and Anastasia, El Matador Beach in Malibu turned out to be the perfect location for your ceremony. I will always remember you and your celebration. Father Jerry
  • Dolores

Dolores Lamas 路 Married on 05/17/2020

Backyard Wedding

Thank you to Father Jerry we were still able to get married turning this crazy quarantine times. It was much smaller then we had planned. We were able to zoom with our family member in attendance . Father Jerry made everyone feel like they were a part of the ceremony.

Sent on 05/26/2020

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

John and Dolores, yes, there were less people attending than you would have liked, but there was something very special about there being less people present. In fact, the ZOOM online streaming of your ceremony was a real gift for everyone that was not at your location. Blessings in your futures. Father Jerry

Jackie Gonzalez 路 Married on 02/09/2020

Recommended Priest

I would recommend Father Jerry as a priest for your upcoming wedding. My wedding ceremony was perfect because I had father Jerry. He made it very comfortable as I stood there in the altar with my husband. He made it comfortable for the guests that attended the ceremony as well. I had my ceremony done in english with the reading and prayers done in Spanish. My relatives were grateful that I had some of my Spanish culture included in the ceremony because father Jerry was able to provide it for me. I had booked him a couple of weeks before the wedding since I couldn't find a priest. I was so grateful that he was able to be part of the ceremony because it turned out amazing.

Sent on 03/15/2020

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Jackie and Armando, I have performed many weddings at the beautiful Mission Inn in Riverside. The chapel is really amazing. When I am there it reminds me of my 12 years of study in the seminary before Ordination as a Catholic Priest. I look forward to staying in touch with you. Come and visit me again in Santa Barbara. Stay healthy. Father Jerry
  • Daisy

Daisy Kellogg 路 Married on 01/09/2020

Definitely recommend!

We are so grateful we found Father Jerry! From the first time I spoke with him I was comfortable and excited for him to officiate our wedding this past fall (09/2019). He made everything very easy for us and our ceremony was beyond perfect. The ceremony was in english and spanish and my family really appreciated that! Thank you father for being a huge part of our wedding and providing high quality service! We highly recommend Father Jerry Bellamy :)

Sent on 04/10/2020

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Daisy and Logan, thank you so much for your review. We had a wonderful time doing the ceremony planning and everything worked out perfectly on your day. The Live Oak Meadows in Temecula was a very good choice for your location. I hope we can stay in touch. Father Jerry
  • Isabel

Isabel Gomes 路 Married on 11/11/2019

We love Reverend Bellamy!

As wedding photographers, we have worked with Rev Bellamy for many years. His ceremonies are always so touching. He infuses so much of the couples' personalities into them.

Sent on 11/11/2019

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Isabel, it is always a joy to work with you. You are the best. You somehow capture great photos during the ceremony without me even being aware that you are there. Father Jerry
  • Christine

Christine Buccelli 路 Married on 10/26/2019

The best officiant

We loved having Father Jerry as our officiant! Our wedding was at the Santa Barbara courthouse and he did a tremendous job. He helped us design a ceremony that included all the things that were important to us and put us at such ease with his wonderful sense of humor and professionalism. Our guests raved about him and were appreciative that the ceremony reflected our families鈥 Christian and Buddhist faiths. We are so grateful to Father Jerry for making our day so special and memorable- we cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 01/07/2020

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Boy, you are right. All of your guests were right there with you, regardless of any religious backgrounds. In fact, their different backgrounds made the day so perfect - all celebrating together.

Ashley Pekrul 路 Married on 10/19/2019

Excellent presentation

Father Jerry Bellamy officiated our wedding on October 19, 2019. He was amazing. All of our guests commented on how Father Bellamy was entertaining and light hearted but truly captured the the depth of the occasion. My husband is Hispanic and Father Bellamy did a beautiful job officiating our bilingual ceremony with a gorgeous blend of English and Spanish. The day was perfect and we owe much of that to Father Bellamy.

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Ashley and Roger, the Santa Ynez Valley was beautiful that day. Your family and guests were wonderful. I tell people how you wrote a little letter to Roger and that it was written on an ice skate shoe. I know that it sounds stupid now, but, you really had to "be there"..... Roger was a little more conventional but just as creative. Please stay in touch. Father Jerry

Karissa 路 Married on 09/29/2019

Incredible Service!

Father Jerry Bellamy is the absolute best! From the moment we met him, we knew he was the one we had been searching for, as he was an incredible fit for our personalities. He is kind, funny, laid back and yet, a true professional. During our initial meeting, he walked us through the entire process, explaining every step of the way. He saw our vision and brought it to fruition on the day of our wedding. He was well prepared and executed his duties with ease. Many of our guests later explained how his personality made the experience feel more engaging than any other wedding they had ever attended. I highly recommend his services and know you will not regret choosing him!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Karissa and Benny, what a great ceremony we put together. It was in English and Spanish and took place in the beautiful city of San Juan Bautista, North of Salinas. Remember to come back to Santa Barbara again for a visit.

Danny 路 Married on 09/28/2019

Tina and Danny

Father Jerry was great!
    We asked him to perform our ceremony at the Santa Barbara Courthouse and he knew exactly what steps we needed to take and walked us through everything like a true professional and friend. We highly recommend him for your special day!

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Heather

Heather Martin 路 Married on 09/28/2019

Great Officiant, Personal and Professional!

Father Jerry was great from start to finish. He was very responsive and worked with our tight timeframe and busy schedules. He sat down with us in person to plan the ceremony and provided insight and great ideas that we implemented during the ceremony. He was able to incorporate all of the elements we requested and kept it in the 15 minute window that we wanted. Guests and family members came up to us after the ceremony to let us know what a great officiant he was. Both personable and professional, I would highly recommend Father Jerry to officiate your ceremony!!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Heather and Joel - thank you for taking the time to send in this review. Your ceremony fit right into your 15 minute window and yet was full of memories. Blessings in your future and I am sure I will see you again at another ceremony somewhere between San Francisco to San Diego. Father Jerry
  • Jeffrey

Jeffrey Thomas 路 Married on 09/11/2019

Maximum stars!

Father Jerry was awesome!! Having him lead our ceremony took the whole experience to the next level. The ceremony was definitely my favorite part of our wedding! Father Jerry was instrumental in planning it with us, he had so many pieces of advice that all turned out wonderfully. And then of course with him leading, the ceremony was funny, touching, and a great experience for everyone involved!

Sent on 12/10/2019

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Thank you so much Jeff! What a wedding ceremony at the #Lagunabeachranch ! Let's grab coffee again soon at #belmondelencanto soon! Merry Christmas to you and Shannon!
  • Frank

Frank 路 Married on 09/03/2019

Unforgettable ceremony

Father Jerry performed our 25th wedding vow renewal this past September in Santa Ynez and it was a ceremony my wife and I will never forget. Think of a perfect simple ceremony and that鈥檚 what Father Jerry performed that day. Easy to work with, very delightful attitude and easy going. Thank you very much Father Jerry. We love you and will will never forget the beautiful ceremony.

Sent on 10/21/2019

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Frank and Judy, what a beautiful gathering of friends of family in Santa Ynez that evening in September. Your 25 years together was the center of their celebration, and for good reason. Thank you, Father Jerry
  • Lucy 路 Married on 09/01/2019

Definitely hire him!

He is funny, charismatic, quick witted, bilingual, and such a pleasure to be around. The ceremony was by far the best part of our big day. We received so many compliments on how beautiful our ceremony was. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/05/2019

Coral 路 Married on 08/17/2019

Wonderful Officiant!

Father Jerry did an amazing job at our wedding. We met him about 6 months before our big day to plan the entire ceremony together, and we were so appreciative of his knowledge and experience. He suggested very meaningful details that we would have never thought of. Going into the ceremony, we knew exactly what to expect which was such a relief. He was professional, funny, and thoughtful through out the whole thing. We had so many family and friends come up to us afterwards to tell us how much they loved our ceremony and the way Father Jerry conducted it. Highly recommend him if you are looking for a perfect ceremony that has a balanced mix between religion and modernism. Thank you Father Jerry!

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Coral and Owen, what a wonderful day we had in Atascadero at the Grace Maralyn Estate. Your guests traveled from all over to celebrate your love for each other. We found so many unique ways for your ceremony to express your love for each other and your family guests. And yet, when it came down to it, the ceremony was just about two people who love each other. It was not a show or a performance, Just a boy and a girl who love each other so much . . . Father Jerry
  • Alana

Alana 路 Married on 07/20/2019

An Incredible Ceremony

My husband and I could not recommend Father Jerry enough. We received so many compliments on our ceremony and could not be happier with the services provided. Choosing Father Jerry to be part of our wedding was a blessing we will forever cherish.

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Alana and Chase, the Spanish Hills Country Club in Camarillo will never be the same after your wedding. Your ceremony was a perfect blend of faiths and humor and emotions. It is always great to work with Rabbi Barry Tuchman. We are always trying to figure out who is holier than the other one . . . . Stay in touch. Father Jerry

Rhoda Morgan 路 Married on 06/23/2019

Highly Recommend Father Jerry!

FatherJerry was amazing! We highly recommend booking him for your wedding! Our meeting with him prior to the wedding to plan the ceremony was our favorite part of the wedding planning craziness. He had great suggestions for our ceremony and is a really warm and friendly guy. He took over the organization of the ceremony like a true professional down to the smallest of details. He also gave us really great advice for our first year of marriage.
    On the wedding day we were both so nervous and he made us much more relaxed with his good sense of humour. He did the ceremony in Spanish and English seamlessly going between the two languages and
    he directed the guests to move into positions that would make our photos look better and ensured the ceremony ran smoothly. Our friends and families were big fans of his too. Thank you so much Father Jerry!

Sent on 06/17/2020

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Rhoda and Luis, you made such a long trip from New York so that we could plan and celebrate your wedding ceremony. Maybe someday you can return to SB for good - maybe open a restaurant here . . . . Father Jerry

Jules and Matt 路 Married on 06/21/2019

Father Jerry is the best!

Father Jerry is the absolute best! We are an interfaith couple, and Father Jerry recommended a Rabbi that he works with to co-officiate our wedding. The two of them together were absolutely amazing and the talk of all of our guests! Weeks before the wedding he took the time to sit down with us and really get to know us and our relationship with our faiths, and tailored the ceremony to reflect just that. We could not have been happier!

Sent on 01/07/2020
  • Andrea

Andrea Morales 路 Married on 06/17/2019

Father Jerry Bellamy 100% recomended

Father Jerry Bellamy is one of the best people we have met, he鈥檚 special and you can feel the good vibes when you talk with him.
    He definitely made our wedding more special than it originally was going to be.
    First of all, we were planning to do the ceremony at the Santa Barbara Courthouse with a small and quick speech with only 10 people. A very impersonal ceremony.
    When we explained to him our plan he changed it all. He proposed a new and beautiful place, that allowed us to invite all of our friends. He asked us about who we are to each other and about how we met. After listening to our stories, he asked us to write a letter about why we love each other and he incorporated those letters during his marriage ceremony. The communication with him always was easy and he was always available for any request.

In my case, I鈥檓 from Barcelona (Spain) he told me to write something for my family (they were not able to be there on this day) and this was very emotional for me.
    During the ceremony, (it was a Monday) and also was grey, but in the rose gardens of the Mission in Santa Barbara was sunny because Jerry was able to bring all of my family and the people I love at this moment with me using his words.

My husband and I are very unconventional and definitely our ceremony was unconventional. There were laughs, tears, kisses and a lot of hugs.
    The wedding was perfect.
    We will always be grateful to him.

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Melody

Melody Castillo 路 Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing experience

I was recommended by another bride to call Father Jerry and I feel so grateful that I did! From the first phone call, I knew he was amazing. He was very supportive and encouraging in the time before the ceremony. When the day finally came, all of my guests loved him and he officiated a perfect ceremony. I鈥檓 so glad he was a part of our day and really feel lucky for the whole experience with him!

Sent on 01/27/2020
  • Denis and Jessica

Denis 路 Married on 04/20/2019

Amazing and Warm Service

Father Jerry was one of the best decisions we made. Getting married outside of the church wasn't an easy decision and Father Jerry worked with us every step of the way to deliver an absolutely perfect ceremony. He is down to Earth, witty and funny; we couldn't be happier!

Sent on 12/06/2019

Denis:

Thank you for your review. Months have gone but your wedding at the Ebell in Los Angeles is still a vivid and great memory. Come back to Santa Barbara sometime for a coffee at the Belmond El Encanto. Father Jerry

Stephanie Tam 路 Married on 03/31/2019

Choosing Father Jerry was the best decision we made in wedding planning

Father Jerry Bellamy is outstanding鈥 on so many levels. Quite simply, our review cannot do him justice. Father Jerry officiated our wedding in Malibu in March. From the moment we met him, he brought a positive energy 鈥 full of wisdom, to the planning and officiating of the wedding. His ceremonies are thoughtful in that he considers the personalities and needs of the couple and their families. For example, he asked us to write letters to one another for him to read. In doing so, my husband and I were able to be fully present 鈥 not needing to worry about nerves. Father Jerry thoughtfully planned every aspect of the ceremony from our self-selected readings; to acknowledging the importance of our guests in supporting us as a couple; to the flowers presented to our moms and step-mom; to putting my dad at ease with his humor when it came time to give me away. In short, Father Jerry is inspiring in the way he conducts himself; in his genuine concern and love for the couple, families, and guests; and in his ability to set the tone for the couple鈥檚 union. Meeting him and having him officiate our wedding was a true honor.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Stephanie and Chris - really your whole wedding day was amazing. All of the joy and celebration was a reflection of who you are. The three of us come from different religious backgrounds but your love bridged all of that. Just because someone is religious does not necessarily make them holy. It is only how loving a person is that makes them holy . . . . great job... Father Jerry