Father Jerry Bellamy Reviews

Father Jerry Bellamy 7
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 12/28/2018

Extraordinary

Father Jerry performed our wedding ceremony on the beach in La Jolla. He did an amazing job and brought a bit of each of us into the ceremony in a unique way that had all of our guests laughing/crying the whole time. Father Jerry’s attention to detail during our initial meeting translated into truly representing our dynamic throughout the ceremony.

Sent on 01/05/2019
    Father Jerry Bellamy 9

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Amber and Will, even though the air was very cool on the beach, the sun was bright and all of the guests warmed us up. Please stay in touch in the years to come. Happy New Year. Father Jerry
  • Raul

Raul Oropeza · Married on 11/20/2018

Very understanding and compassion

Me and my beautiful wife found Jerry online since we wanted to have our wedding at the Santa Barbara court house. We had our wedding on November 20th around 2pm. We had already decided to have it in the garden area where you didn't need reservations. He gave us great ideas and direction with the wedding. He also did it all over the phone wich was great for us since we live in Los Angeles. We had our ceremony up on the Bell Tower. Everything went smoothly. I would definitely recommend Jerry. He is accommodating and respects all views and beliefs.

Sent on 11/28/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Brenda and Raul - the clock tower at the courthouse really turned out to be a beautiful location for your ceremony. Come back and visit SB. Father Jerry
  • Daniel

Daniel Cadena · Married on 11/16/2018

Father Jerry was great!

My wife and I could not have been happier with the experience we had with Father Jerry. We initially found his profile on wedding wire and decided to call since he had good reviews. Right from the very beginning we knew we had chosen the right officiant for our ceremony. Father Jerry is very funny, jovial and a very good story teller. He was interested in knowing our story to better accommodate us.

After our initial phone call with him, we setup a meeting in Santa Barbara (where our ceremony was held.) He was just as funny in person as he was on the phone. It was very apparent he had a ton of experience doing this. He walked us through what to expect but also kept in mind what we wanted. The meeting lasted about and hour and a half. By the end of it, he put us more at easy with the process. He heard what specific details we wanted and he was more than open to accommodate any requests.

We had a couple of changes as the wedding neared, and he was accessible and open to changing plans. We were very happy about that. On the day of the wedding, we both were nervous about how organized our ceremony would appear. We did not have a wedding coordinator, so naturally we did not know what to expect. Father Jerry took control the moment he arrived and the ceremony turned out great! Both my wife and I still talk about how awesome the ceremony turned out. Many of our guests loved the event as well. He got our guests to laugh several times.

I would recommend Father Jerry to anyone, including my closest friends and family. If you chose him, you will not be disappointed. Thank you Father Jerry!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Catherine and Daniel, you came from Long Beach to SB for all of the planning and ceremony. Both of you have great values and sense of humor and holiness. It was great to meet and work with you. Merry Christmas. Father Jerry

shelley · Married on 11/10/2018

Father Bellamy was a pleasure to work with and he gave us a wonderful ceremony.

Father Bellamy was very funny and personable to work with, but what we especially appreciated was the message that he conveyed during our ceremony. It felt sincere and personalized to our wishes for our special day! Would absolutely recommend to anyone.

Sent on 11/27/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Shelley and Codie: Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feelings. It was great to come to know and work with you. Father Jerry
  • Denise

Denise Perez · Married on 11/09/2018

Denise- married 11/09/2018

We were so blessed to have found Father Jerry to officiate our wedding ceremony in the Santa Barbara Rose Garden! I thanked GOD so many times for leading me to Father Jerry. I'm Catholic but my husband is not, and Father Jerry made us both feel very comfortable the entire time. We loved his sense of humor. He helped us plan our wedding and looking back, I would not have changed a thing. My husband and I are very thankful and pleased!! I strongly recommend Father Jerry!!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Caroline Ve · Married on 10/27/2018

Great person! Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without him!

Father Jerry was a joy to work with! he was so attentive, helpful, and really made our ceremony special. He made it entertaining and meaningful at the same time!

Sent on 03/07/2019
  • Uma

Uma · Married on 10/13/2018

Jerry Bellamy is the consumate wedding officiant.

My daughter and son in law were unsure about who to use as an officiant since our families are of different faiths, cultures and in some cases, language. Furthermore, they already had a baby prior to marriage and did not want to feel judged in any way. They never had a moment's hesitation after meeting Jerry. He took his time getting to know them and he made them feel comfortable and at ease. The ceremony itself could not have been performed better by any other person: Jerry respected and included both cultures (he is bilingual, so he used both languages) and he spoke in a way that resonated with all people present, of all ages. The ceremony was outside, in a park, and while the surroundings were informal, and while Jerry has a casual style that fit the venue, his officiating and his message still felt important. We are all forever grateful that Jerry was a part of this special day. I cannot imagine any other bride and groom would not feel this way as well. He is the best!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Veronica Weber · Married on 10/13/2018

The perfect wedding officiant

Father Jerry was the perfect officiant for our wedding! He is a professional that made everything so easy and tailored our ceremony so it was a perfect fit for us. Going into it, we had little idea what we wanted and no idea how to organize a ceremony....1 meeting with him, a few emails, and our ceremony was all set! We got so many compliments from guests as the ceremony was all inclusive, focused on the importance of love....with great comedic timing mixed in! There were laughs, there were tears... we can't say enough about how special he helped make our day!

Sent on 12/14/2018
    Father Jerry Bellamy 10
    Father Jerry Bellamy 11

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Veronica and Shaw, your wedding ceremony at the Cold Springs Tavern was so very unique. Everyone knows how historic, yet rustic, that location is and you converted it into a type of "cathedral of trees". The tavern, and all of us, are better for taking part in your ceremony. Father Jerry

Raul Ortiz · Married on 10/13/2018

Excellent, above and beyond!

Father Jerry is absolutely the man for the job. He puts his heart and soul into understanding each individual couple, where they come from, and who they are. My wife an I owe him everything for such a beautiful ceremony. He made our nerves go away completely and brought us back to what we were there to do in the first place; express our love and appreciation for one another. A truly wonderful experience would recommend to anyone we love you!

Sent on 02/27/2019

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Raul and Uma, both of you made your wedding such a success. It was an "ambush". Normally guests think that they have been invited to another "boring" wedding. You planned it to be an "ambush". Your guests were so surprised. What is so great is that we get to see each other at the family's Super Cuca's Restaurant, here in Santa Barbara. Father Jerry

Katherine Georgalos · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing Wedding Ceremony

We were so pleased with Father Jerry as our officiant for our wedding! From asking him questions before hiring him, to him meeting us in person for over an hour to plan our whole ceremony, to the actual wedding ceremony, he was a joy to work with during the whole process. The wedding day was such a whirlwind but I can honestly say the ceremony was my favorite part and the part that I am able to remember in detail the most! Father Jerry made sure to take pressure off of us and keep our nerves to a minimum. He added light humor to the ceremony and everyone raved about him and the ceremony after. He was willing to work with any ideas we had and he had great suggestions that we appreciated as well. I highly recommend him so you have the wedding ceremony that you want to remember forever!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Cat and Cole, your wedding ceremony was amazing. It really was the best part of your whole day. Because of the fun and holiness of your ceremony, the food tasted better, the music was more lively, the Coronitas tasted better, and Cole even danced better . . . Father Jerry

Ross · Married on 10/04/2018

Added a touch of magic to our wedding day

Father Bellamy exceeded all our expectations of what we expected from our officiant, he was the ultimate professional, and did everything we needed to ensure we had the perfect wedding ceremony. He took the time to get to know us both & managed to make our ceremony full of laughter & love. Myself and my new wife couldnt recommend him any higher.

Sent on 12/25/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Sarah and Ross, you came all the way from Dublin, Ireland, for your ceremony that took place in Pismo Beach. We certainly enjoyed the planning during the months before and then the actual day with everyone present. I am so happy that we found each other. Come to Santa Barbara for a visit, soon. Father Jerry
  • Daisy

Daisy · Married on 09/27/2018

Father Jerry was the best! He made the whole Ceremony special and in a unique way. My husband isn’t a religious person but i was raised Catholic so he made it so he wouldn’t feel uncomfortable. We met with him a few months before our wedding and planned out every part of the ceremony with him. He was easy going and a funny person to get along with. All of our guests had good things to say about father Jerry and the whole ceremony. I can honestly say Father Jerry was the best decision we made. Definitely will recommend him.

Sent on 10/08/2018
    Father Jerry Bellamy 12

Abigail · Married on 08/25/2018

Amazing ceremony

Father Jerry co-officiated an Interfaith wedding for us with Rabbi Barry Tuchman in August and the ceremony was incredibly memorable. We have had many comments on how beautiful it was, and a lot of our guests thought it was one of the best wedding ceremonies they'd ever experienced. The officiants used a perfect combination of humor and sentiment throughout, the passages that were read were on point and highlighted both my Jewish faith and my husband's Catholic faith. I would highly recommend Father Jerry for any wedding ceremony. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/16/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Abigail and Mike - your ceremony was one of the best ever celebrated at the Four Seasons in LA. You and your families are wonderful, what a holy hoot . . . . Father Jerry

Guadalupe · Married on 07/21/2018

Father Bellamy performed our beach wedding ceremony in July. His sense of humor and bilingual skills made our wedding ceremony truly unique and enjoyable. Our guests raved about the officiant and we were thoroughly relaxed knowing we were in good hands having Father Bellamy as the officiant.

Sent on 08/07/2018
  • Z

Zaida · Married on 07/15/2018

Father Bellamy was the perfect choice for our ceremony. We are a Catholic and Protestant couple who come from extremely devout families and both of us also value our own individual religions greatly. After our initial conversation with Father Bellamy we were convinced he was THE ONE to officiate our ceremony. With his understanding of how important it was for us to have a religious ceremony that shared both catholic and protestant traditions he was able to plan a wonderful ceremony that focused on our commonalities, which turns we have a lot more in common than not :) After the ceremony we had family members from both sides express happiness, and surprise at the same time, that there were many religious elements. My 92 y/o Catholic grandmother came up to me and said her prayers had been answered and the groom's Protestant mother stated she was ecstatic that our marriage had received God's blessing.
    Furthermore, he was amazing at easing everybody's nerves before the ceremony and gently took charge to make sure everything came out as planned- and it did! He also has a great sense of humor and it was a point of conversation during the reception. We highly recommend Father Bellamy

Sent on 07/28/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Zaida and Jason, thank you so much for sharing your feelings of and those of your guests and family members. Your grandmother is REALLY exceptional, what a gracious and beautiful woman. Remember, the successes you experienced are all a result of who the two of you are. I did the best I could to not "get in the way". I always remember something I learned during my 12 years of seminary study, before being ordained as a priest: "Nobody ever went to heaven because they were Catholic or Protestant or Jewish or Muslim or Buddhist or Shintu or . . . . faiths. The only reason anyone ever goes to heaven is because of how LOVING they are." I hope to see you again in the future. Father Jerry

Sara · Married on 07/14/2018

Father Bellamy was, in so many important ways, a perfect choice for our wedding. We walked into our first meeting with him without a clear vision of what we wanted. We had a rough list of do’s and don’ts, but that was it. From that, Father Bellamy perfectly constructed a ceremony that featured many memorable personal touches, plenty of charm, and a beautifully inclusive sermon – which many of our family and friends were personally in awe with. Father Bellamy communicated amazingly and arrived well-prepared. But more importantly, he ensured that we showed up feeling comfortable and well-prepared for our big moment. We never expected to receive so much praise for our officiant! We count ourselves blessed to have found him.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Sara and Brandon, thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts about your wedding. When you sat down with me to plan your wedding, you may have felt as though you sat down with only does and don'ts but you actually had all the elements of your wedding ceremony in your hearts. You had just not had a chance to reflect on them. As we spoke you planned your ceremony. It was a joy to meet you. Even though your wedding took place so far away from Santa Barbara, I hope you come back to visit. Father Jerry

Carmen · Married on 07/12/2018

Father Bellamy provided a positive ceremony with a love centered message. So appreciative for his time and grace. Thank you

DAVID · Married on 07/01/2018

We both are greatly appreciative of father Jeremy’s professionalism. Father Jeremy made sure my wife and I were relaxed through the ceremony and afterwards . We strongly recommend him .

Nicole · Married on 06/30/2018

Fr. Jerry officiated our wedding in June along with a Jewish cantor. I am Catholic and my husband is Jewish. Both of us come from families that are very observant of their respective faiths. The fact that we were having an inter-faith wedding did not come easy with either family. Working with Fr. Jerry really helped us bridge the gap and try to focus on elements of the service that were shared (or at least familiar) to both religions. Throughout the service, his remarks focused heavily on inclusiveness, which really struck the right chord. He was very friendly, easy to work with, and had a lot of perspective on how other couples handled both inter-faith issues and family difficulties, such as us. It was very reassuring to hear his advice and perspective.

Mitch · Married on 06/27/2018

From our very first contact with Father Jerry, the whole process went incredibly well. My now wife and I live in Modesto, but wanted to be married on the Monterey coast. We wanted our ceremony to be small with just our adult children, my wife's mother, and a photographer. Even though it was small, and not in the church, we wanted a sprinkling of a traditional church wedding in the ceremony. More than anything, we wanted it to be about us and our love for each other. Father Jerry was simply the best person to make it all happen. Even though, due to logistics, we planned it all via telephone, we never felt worried or had any concerns that our ceremony wouldn't be what we wanted. Father Jerry's experience, suggestions, and sense of humor ultimately resulted in our perfect day! I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 07/09/2018
    Father Jerry Bellamy 13
    Father Jerry Bellamy 14
    Father Jerry Bellamy 15

Laura · Married on 06/17/2018

Jerry was fabulous! We had a beautiful wedding day in Santa Barbara at the Courthouse Sunken Gardens. Jerry was very professional, and made me and my husband feel very calm and comfortable the entire time. Our guests even commented on how much they loved Reverend Jerry!! We highly recommend him if you want a smooth and happy day! Jerry is so good! Two thumbs up for sure!

Sent on 07/08/2018

Angell · Married on 04/08/2018

We are very grateful to Father Jerry Bellamy for making our wedding day perfect. Whit his kindness and dedication he showed us that marriage is a decision that will forever tie our spirits and hearths together. We cannot think of a better friend to have performed our ceremony. We will always remember how special he made us feel and can highly recommend him for your wedding day!

Sent on 05/03/2018
  • F

frennie · Married on 01/02/2018

We couldn't have pulled this off the way we wanted it exactly without Fr. Jerry's help. He definitely made the ceremony complete.

Sent on 04/01/2018
    Father Jerry Bellamy 16
    Father Jerry Bellamy 17

Karen · Married on 12/27/2017

Father Bellamy did a fantastic job at our Santa Barbara Courthouse wedding in December of 2017. He created a mixed denominational service (Athiest and Catholic) and made suggestions with special touches to include our families. It was a first wedding for both of us so Father Bellamy's experience and easygoing personality really helped us to relax and create a wonderful service that everyone commented on positively. Thank you Father Bellamy!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Karen, thank you for taking the time to write this note. Your celebration took place a few months ago but I still remember all of you and the great spirit that surrounded you. Father Jerry