Father Jerry Bellamy Reviews

Father Jerry Bellamy 3
Father Jerry Bellamy 4
Father Jerry Bellamy 5

Troy Quinn · Getting married on 07/05/2021

Fr. Jerry is the best in the business!!!

My wife and I got married on May 31st in Beverly Hills and we were looking for the ideal priest who would bring a religious aspect to the ceremony, as I am Catholic, but also balance our multicultural and inter-religious needs as my wife's family is Pakistani Christians. Fr. Jerry couldn't be more kind, genuine, or knowledgeable about the entire process. He worked with us in detail regarding the whole ceremonial process and was a true professional, listening to our needs and wanting to make this the perfect day that it should be. Do not waste your time looking for anyone else, Fr. Jerry is the best in the business!

Sent on 11/08/2019

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Troy, it was a great joy to plan and celebrate with both of you and your families. What I try to do is be a good mirror of my couples. So your kind words above are a reflection of your values and personalities, as was your ceremony. I try to accurately reflect all of the goodness in the ceremony. Come to Santa Barbara for a visit or concert. Father Jerry
  • Isabel

Isabel Gomes · Married on 11/11/2019

We love Reverend Bellamy!

As wedding photographers, we have worked with Rev Bellamy for many years. His ceremonies are always so touching. He infuses so much of the couples' personalities into them.

Father Jerry Bellamy 6
    Sent on 11/11/2019

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Isabel, it is always a joy to work with you. You are the best. You somehow capture great photos during the ceremony without me even being aware that you are there. Father Jerry

Karissa · Married on 09/29/2019

Incredible Service!

Father Jerry Bellamy is the absolute best! From the moment we met him, we knew he was the one we had been searching for, as he was an incredible fit for our personalities. He is kind, funny, laid back and yet, a true professional. During our initial meeting, he walked us through the entire process, explaining every step of the way. He saw our vision and brought it to fruition on the day of our wedding. He was well prepared and executed his duties with ease. Many of our guests later explained how his personality made the experience feel more engaging than any other wedding they had ever attended. I highly recommend his services and know you will not regret choosing him!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Karissa and Benny, what a great ceremony we put together. It was in English and Spanish and took place in the beautiful city of San Juan Bautista, North of Salinas. Remember to come back to Santa Barbara again for a visit.

Danny · Married on 09/28/2019

Tina and Danny

Father Jerry was great!
    We asked him to perform our ceremony at the Santa Barbara Courthouse and he knew exactly what steps we needed to take and walked us through everything like a true professional and friend. We highly recommend him for your special day!

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Heather

Heather Martin · Married on 09/28/2019

Great Officiant, Personal and Professional!

Father Jerry was great from start to finish. He was very responsive and worked with our tight timeframe and busy schedules. He sat down with us in person to plan the ceremony and provided insight and great ideas that we implemented during the ceremony. He was able to incorporate all of the elements we requested and kept it in the 15 minute window that we wanted. Guests and family members came up to us after the ceremony to let us know what a great officiant he was. Both personable and professional, I would highly recommend Father Jerry to officiate your ceremony!!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Heather and Joel - thank you for taking the time to send in this review. Your ceremony fit right into your 15 minute window and yet was full of memories. Blessings in your future and I am sure I will see you again at another ceremony somewhere between San Francisco to San Diego. Father Jerry
  • Frank

Frank · Married on 09/03/2019

Unforgettable ceremony

Father Jerry performed our 25th wedding vow renewal this past September in Santa Ynez and it was a ceremony my wife and I will never forget. Think of a perfect simple ceremony and that’s what Father Jerry performed that day. Easy to work with, very delightful attitude and easy going. Thank you very much Father Jerry. We love you and will will never forget the beautiful ceremony.

Sent on 10/21/2019

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Frank and Judy, what a beautiful gathering of friends of family in Santa Ynez that evening in September. Your 25 years together was the center of their celebration, and for good reason. Thank you, Father Jerry
  • Lucy · Married on 09/01/2019

Definitely hire him!

He is funny, charismatic, quick witted, bilingual, and such a pleasure to be around. The ceremony was by far the best part of our big day. We received so many compliments on how beautiful our ceremony was. Highly recommend!

Father Jerry Bellamy 7
    Sent on 10/05/2019
  • Andrea

Andrea Morales · Married on 06/17/2019

Father Jerry Bellamy 100% recomended

Father Jerry Bellamy is one of the best people we have met, he’s special and you can feel the good vibes when you talk with him.
    He definitely made our wedding more special than it originally was going to be.
    First of all, we were planning to do the ceremony at the Santa Barbara Courthouse with a small and quick speech with only 10 people. A very impersonal ceremony.
    When we explained to him our plan he changed it all. He proposed a new and beautiful place, that allowed us to invite all of our friends. He asked us about who we are to each other and about how we met. After listening to our stories, he asked us to write a letter about why we love each other and he incorporated those letters during his marriage ceremony. The communication with him always was easy and he was always available for any request.

In my case, I’m from Barcelona (Spain) he told me to write something for my family (they were not able to be there on this day) and this was very emotional for me.
    During the ceremony, (it was a Monday) and also was grey, but in the rose gardens of the Mission in Santa Barbara was sunny because Jerry was able to bring all of my family and the people I love at this moment with me using his words.

My husband and I are very unconventional and definitely our ceremony was unconventional. There were laughs, tears, kisses and a lot of hugs.
    The wedding was perfect.
    We will always be grateful to him.

Father Jerry Bellamy 8
    Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Denis and Jessica

Denis · Married on 04/20/2019

Amazing and Warm Service

Father Jerry was one of the best decisions we made. Getting married outside of the church wasn't an easy decision and Father Jerry worked with us every step of the way to deliver an absolutely perfect ceremony. He is down to Earth, witty and funny; we couldn't be happier!

Father Jerry Bellamy 9
    Sent on 12/06/2019

Denis:

Thank you for your review. Months have gone but your wedding at the Ebell in Los Angeles is still a vivid and great memory. Come back to Santa Barbara sometime for a coffee at the Belmond El Encanto. Father Jerry

Stephanie Tam · Married on 03/31/2019

Choosing Father Jerry was the best decision we made in wedding planning

Father Jerry Bellamy is outstanding– on so many levels. Quite simply, our review cannot do him justice. Father Jerry officiated our wedding in Malibu in March. From the moment we met him, he brought a positive energy – full of wisdom, to the planning and officiating of the wedding. His ceremonies are thoughtful in that he considers the personalities and needs of the couple and their families. For example, he asked us to write letters to one another for him to read. In doing so, my husband and I were able to be fully present – not needing to worry about nerves. Father Jerry thoughtfully planned every aspect of the ceremony from our self-selected readings; to acknowledging the importance of our guests in supporting us as a couple; to the flowers presented to our moms and step-mom; to putting my dad at ease with his humor when it came time to give me away. In short, Father Jerry is inspiring in the way he conducts himself; in his genuine concern and love for the couple, families, and guests; and in his ability to set the tone for the couple’s union. Meeting him and having him officiate our wedding was a true honor.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Stephanie and Chris - really your whole wedding day was amazing. All of the joy and celebration was a reflection of who you are. The three of us come from different religious backgrounds but your love bridged all of that. Just because someone is religious does not necessarily make them holy. It is only how loving a person is that makes them holy . . . . great job... Father Jerry

Steve Merritt · Married on 02/12/2019

Excellent!

The best decision we made in organizing our intimate wedding ceremony was involving Father Bellamy. Incredibly helpful, personable, Holy, and genuinely fun to be around. Father Bellamy made sure our ceremony was exactly what we hoped it would be and more. We couldn't be happier to have had Father Bellamy bless our wedding ceremony, a godsend.

Sent on 12/07/2019

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Steve and Dana, it was really great to meet both of you and celebrate your very small wedding ceremony. Regardless of how many guests are present at a wedding, it is really all about two people promising their love for each other for the rest of their lives. It is my job to take care of all of the guests and family members. It was your job to take care of each other. Blessings.
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 12/28/2018

Extraordinary

Father Jerry performed our wedding ceremony on the beach in La Jolla. He did an amazing job and brought a bit of each of us into the ceremony in a unique way that had all of our guests laughing/crying the whole time. Father Jerry’s attention to detail during our initial meeting translated into truly representing our dynamic throughout the ceremony.

Father Jerry Bellamy 10
    Sent on 01/05/2019

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Amber and Will, even though the air was very cool on the beach, the sun was bright and all of the guests warmed us up. Please stay in touch in the years to come. Happy New Year. Father Jerry
  • Raul

Raul Oropeza · Married on 11/20/2018

Very understanding and compassion

Me and my beautiful wife found Jerry online since we wanted to have our wedding at the Santa Barbara court house. We had our wedding on November 20th around 2pm. We had already decided to have it in the garden area where you didn't need reservations. He gave us great ideas and direction with the wedding. He also did it all over the phone wich was great for us since we live in Los Angeles. We had our ceremony up on the Bell Tower. Everything went smoothly. I would definitely recommend Jerry. He is accommodating and respects all views and beliefs.

Sent on 11/28/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Brenda and Raul - the clock tower at the courthouse really turned out to be a beautiful location for your ceremony. Come back and visit SB. Father Jerry
  • Daniel

Daniel Cadena · Married on 11/16/2018

Father Jerry was great!

My wife and I could not have been happier with the experience we had with Father Jerry. We initially found his profile on wedding wire and decided to call since he had good reviews. Right from the very beginning we knew we had chosen the right officiant for our ceremony. Father Jerry is very funny, jovial and a very good story teller. He was interested in knowing our story to better accommodate us.

After our initial phone call with him, we setup a meeting in Santa Barbara (where our ceremony was held.) He was just as funny in person as he was on the phone. It was very apparent he had a ton of experience doing this. He walked us through what to expect but also kept in mind what we wanted. The meeting lasted about and hour and a half. By the end of it, he put us more at easy with the process. He heard what specific details we wanted and he was more than open to accommodate any requests.

We had a couple of changes as the wedding neared, and he was accessible and open to changing plans. We were very happy about that. On the day of the wedding, we both were nervous about how organized our ceremony would appear. We did not have a wedding coordinator, so naturally we did not know what to expect. Father Jerry took control the moment he arrived and the ceremony turned out great! Both my wife and I still talk about how awesome the ceremony turned out. Many of our guests loved the event as well. He got our guests to laugh several times.

I would recommend Father Jerry to anyone, including my closest friends and family. If you chose him, you will not be disappointed. Thank you Father Jerry!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Catherine and Daniel, you came from Long Beach to SB for all of the planning and ceremony. Both of you have great values and sense of humor and holiness. It was great to meet and work with you. Merry Christmas. Father Jerry

shelley · Married on 11/10/2018

Father Bellamy was a pleasure to work with and he gave us a wonderful ceremony.

Father Bellamy was very funny and personable to work with, but what we especially appreciated was the message that he conveyed during our ceremony. It felt sincere and personalized to our wishes for our special day! Would absolutely recommend to anyone.

Sent on 11/27/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Shelley and Codie: Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feelings. It was great to come to know and work with you. Father Jerry
  • Denise

Denise Perez · Married on 11/09/2018

Denise- married 11/09/2018

We were so blessed to have found Father Jerry to officiate our wedding ceremony in the Santa Barbara Rose Garden! I thanked GOD so many times for leading me to Father Jerry. I'm Catholic but my husband is not, and Father Jerry made us both feel very comfortable the entire time. We loved his sense of humor. He helped us plan our wedding and looking back, I would not have changed a thing. My husband and I are very thankful and pleased!! I strongly recommend Father Jerry!!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Caroline Ve · Married on 10/27/2018

Great person! Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without him!

Father Jerry was a joy to work with! he was so attentive, helpful, and really made our ceremony special. He made it entertaining and meaningful at the same time!

Sent on 03/07/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Loera · Married on 10/20/2018

Wonderful Experience

Father Jerry is a breath of fresh air. I’ll be honest - I was nervous about having a priest because my husband and his family are religious but I am not. We spoke with him on the phone and I was so relieved by his accommodations. He was so readily willing and able to tailor the ceremony to incorporate both of our wishes, and even say the prayers in Spanish! I felt we came to a really awesome compromise.
    The day of the wedding is, obviously, where he really shined and actually is the hero of this story, not my husband and I. As soon as the guests arrived, we were evicted from the house we rented. I needed a place to hold the ceremony and was not even able to think straight. Father Jerry suggested a nearby park he knew so we headed there and it was actually a nice place. I was surprised and how quickly I got a lump in my throat during the ceremony and refused to cry so I focused on Father Jerry. I loved how lighthearted he kept it. He was warm, witty and included sweet sentiments into the vows that included everyone.

Father Jerry Bellamy 11
    Sent on 03/31/2019

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Ashley and Mario, Thank you for your review. You guys were still the star of the day. I just played a small role. Yes, usually every wedding in perform in Palm Springs works out perfectly. The owner of the home was very unkind. But, God had a different, and better plan for us. Come back to Santa Barbara for a visit. Father Jerry
  • Uma

Uma · Married on 10/13/2018

Jerry Bellamy is the consumate wedding officiant.

My daughter and son in law were unsure about who to use as an officiant since our families are of different faiths, cultures and in some cases, language. Furthermore, they already had a baby prior to marriage and did not want to feel judged in any way. They never had a moment's hesitation after meeting Jerry. He took his time getting to know them and he made them feel comfortable and at ease. The ceremony itself could not have been performed better by any other person: Jerry respected and included both cultures (he is bilingual, so he used both languages) and he spoke in a way that resonated with all people present, of all ages. The ceremony was outside, in a park, and while the surroundings were informal, and while Jerry has a casual style that fit the venue, his officiating and his message still felt important. We are all forever grateful that Jerry was a part of this special day. I cannot imagine any other bride and groom would not feel this way as well. He is the best!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Veronica Weber · Married on 10/13/2018

The perfect wedding officiant

Father Jerry was the perfect officiant for our wedding! He is a professional that made everything so easy and tailored our ceremony so it was a perfect fit for us. Going into it, we had little idea what we wanted and no idea how to organize a ceremony....1 meeting with him, a few emails, and our ceremony was all set! We got so many compliments from guests as the ceremony was all inclusive, focused on the importance of love....with great comedic timing mixed in! There were laughs, there were tears... we can't say enough about how special he helped make our day!

Father Jerry Bellamy 12
    Father Jerry Bellamy 13
    Sent on 12/14/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Veronica and Shaw, your wedding ceremony at the Cold Springs Tavern was so very unique. Everyone knows how historic, yet rustic, that location is and you converted it into a type of "cathedral of trees". The tavern, and all of us, are better for taking part in your ceremony. Father Jerry

Raul Ortiz · Married on 10/13/2018

Excellent, above and beyond!

Father Jerry is absolutely the man for the job. He puts his heart and soul into understanding each individual couple, where they come from, and who they are. My wife an I owe him everything for such a beautiful ceremony. He made our nerves go away completely and brought us back to what we were there to do in the first place; express our love and appreciation for one another. A truly wonderful experience would recommend to anyone we love you!

Sent on 02/27/2019

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Raul and Uma, both of you made your wedding such a success. It was an "ambush". Normally guests think that they have been invited to another "boring" wedding. You planned it to be an "ambush". Your guests were so surprised. What is so great is that we get to see each other at the family's Super Cuca's Restaurant, here in Santa Barbara. Father Jerry

Katherine Georgalos · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing Wedding Ceremony

We were so pleased with Father Jerry as our officiant for our wedding! From asking him questions before hiring him, to him meeting us in person for over an hour to plan our whole ceremony, to the actual wedding ceremony, he was a joy to work with during the whole process. The wedding day was such a whirlwind but I can honestly say the ceremony was my favorite part and the part that I am able to remember in detail the most! Father Jerry made sure to take pressure off of us and keep our nerves to a minimum. He added light humor to the ceremony and everyone raved about him and the ceremony after. He was willing to work with any ideas we had and he had great suggestions that we appreciated as well. I highly recommend him so you have the wedding ceremony that you want to remember forever!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Cat and Cole, your wedding ceremony was amazing. It really was the best part of your whole day. Because of the fun and holiness of your ceremony, the food tasted better, the music was more lively, the Coronitas tasted better, and Cole even danced better . . . Father Jerry

Ross · Married on 10/04/2018

Added a touch of magic to our wedding day

Father Bellamy exceeded all our expectations of what we expected from our officiant, he was the ultimate professional, and did everything we needed to ensure we had the perfect wedding ceremony. He took the time to get to know us both & managed to make our ceremony full of laughter & love. Myself and my new wife couldnt recommend him any higher.

Sent on 12/25/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Sarah and Ross, you came all the way from Dublin, Ireland, for your ceremony that took place in Pismo Beach. We certainly enjoyed the planning during the months before and then the actual day with everyone present. I am so happy that we found each other. Come to Santa Barbara for a visit, soon. Father Jerry
  • Daisy

Daisy · Married on 09/27/2018

Father Jerry was the best! He made the whole Ceremony special and in a unique way. My husband isn’t a religious person but i was raised Catholic so he made it so he wouldn’t feel uncomfortable. We met with him a few months before our wedding and planned out every part of the ceremony with him. He was easy going and a funny person to get along with. All of our guests had good things to say about father Jerry and the whole ceremony. I can honestly say Father Jerry was the best decision we made. Definitely will recommend him.

Father Jerry Bellamy 14
    Sent on 10/08/2018

Abigail · Married on 08/25/2018

Amazing ceremony

Father Jerry co-officiated an Interfaith wedding for us with Rabbi Barry Tuchman in August and the ceremony was incredibly memorable. We have had many comments on how beautiful it was, and a lot of our guests thought it was one of the best wedding ceremonies they'd ever experienced. The officiants used a perfect combination of humor and sentiment throughout, the passages that were read were on point and highlighted both my Jewish faith and my husband's Catholic faith. I would highly recommend Father Jerry for any wedding ceremony. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/16/2018

Father Jerry Bellamy's reply:

Abigail and Mike - your ceremony was one of the best ever celebrated at the Four Seasons in LA. You and your families are wonderful, what a holy hoot . . . . Father Jerry