Wine Valley Catering

• Responsiveness:  2.0
  • Professionalism:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  3.0

Private User 2 Reviews
We had our wedding reception on Treasure Island through Wine Valley Catering. The beautiful weather on the day of the event enhanced the venue's atmosphere and view back across the bay in to San Francisco. Working with WVC's Production Manager was especially frustrating and stressful. Her responsiveness to email communication was poor and she was inconsistent with the statements she made when she did communicate. In her defense, she was new to the position when we started working with her but we'd recommend significant oversight until she had demonstrated an ability to meet her customer's needs. Thankfully we got a wedding planner who was able to serve as an intermediary two months before the event who saved us from getting too frustrated.
Wedding: Recently Married
  • Flexibility:  5.0
No need to look any further!! We used Wine Valley Catering for our July 19th, 2013 wedding held at Nicholson Ranch. I read all the reviews before choosing WVC, and I can say they live up to their name. Debbe and Bonnie are amazing women...so professional yet you feel as if they are your friends. Always answering your call immediately, always having an answer to your questions, and most importantly always laughing and having fun! You can tell they enjoy what they do and this is so important! We fell in love with our food choices (steak and crab stuffed prawn, chicken with parmesan polenta) and our wedding guests say it was their best meal ever not alone for a wedding. The service was 5 star, always at your side with wine or food or clearing a plate. I loved that Debbe and Bonnie checked in with me on the wedding day to say all is fine..no worries! Loved that, put me at ease. The tables were arranged exactly as I wanted and they looked so beautiful. I cant say enough about WVC...I hope to be able to use them again in the future! I miss Debbe and Bonnie already!
Wedding: 07/19/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
I can’t tell you how many guests raved (and continue to rave) about how good the food was at our wedding. We had people enthusiastically say it was “the best wedding food they have ever had!” We met with the best caterers in Napa Valley and picked WVC due to their quality food, consistency and personal touch. We never could have imagined that it would turn out so perfectly! We really enjoyed working with Debbe – she has first-hand knowledge of our venue and is a creative problem solver. She recommended antipasto centerpieces instead of flowers. We loved the idea as it was unique and saved us money. I highly recommend WVC!
Wedding: 06/01/2013
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Working with Wine Valley Catering was a great experience since the first email we sent requesting information. We worked with Sheila Moore who was always available to answer our countless questions, nice, professional and very understanding. WVC did an amazing job on our wedding, the food was fresh, delicious, healthy, the staff wore very professional and our guests loved the food and especially the desserts. I am from a different country and we use to pass a specific finger food on weddings, I talked to Sheila about this and they tried to make it for me; however, they allowed me to provide it. It meant a lot to me, excellent service!!
Wedding: 05/26/2013

Anonymous 5 Reviews
Food was such I'm important part of our wedding we wanted to make sure we had all our guest satisfied and the WVC did all we asked for and exceeded our expectations.
Wedding: 1+ year ago
4.9/5.0
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
We were so lucky to have found WVC - the team that works with each couple is incredibly hands-on and you feel so special from the very beginning.

We worked with Debbe Dillinger, Sheila & Bonnie. Debbie took care of us from the very beginning of our relationship. She set up appointments for tasting at their office in Napa - which seriously blew our expectations. However, we changed our minds from having a served meal to a buffet, so needed a second tasting (which is not common for caterers to provide complimentary). WVC pulled out all stops on the 2nd tasting - we like to keep our trips to Sonoma efficient - so we met up with Sheila at the rental company they had hired for our furniture/linens etc. Chose our style and saw the settings in person. Then drove to their office for our second tasting. By then, we were set! This was almost 2 months before the wedding. So it was nice to have that squared off at last and confirmed.

All our guests were raving about the food and service on the day. Their management of the bar was not the best however, but we should have discussed that in more detail prior to the event. Other than that, we loved working with Bonnie for the day-of coordination and management.

They are all super efficient, responsive and flexible to Bridezilla demands. And yet you know your limitations and they stick to your budgets. You can tell they all enjoy their jobs, which is why service is superb! We really enjoyed working with WVC from start to finish and highly recommend them for any type of event, especially weddings.
Wedding: 06/18/2011
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Expensive but worth every penny. The food is delicious and the service is amazing! My guests are still raving about the food saying it's the best they ever had. The staff at wine valley takes good care of your every need and executes flawlessly on your event day. Highly recommend wine valley.
Wedding: 04/29/2011
1.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  3.5
  • Responsiveness:  0.0
  • Professionalism:  1.0
  • Value:  2.0
  • Flexibility:  2.5
This review is for the SF team and the Casa de la Vista venue on Treasure Island.

While the food and service quality was high on the day of my wedding, I have serious doubts about recommending this catering company to anyone. Communicating with the staff throughout the year was extraordinarily difficult, due to extreme unresponsiveness, and from some individuals, coldness and thinly veiled irritation. In order to receive responses, I had to email the same question (noting table cloth, chairs, and menu selections, etc) to multiple parties about 4-5 times on average. Turn around time for a response was about 1.5 months. When I complained to the company owner, response time improved slightly, but allowed me to see how disorganized and inattentive WVC is until the absolute last minute, which for us was about a week before the wedding, when we finally received an updated contract totaling the event cost. For the months prior, the contract had been peppered with numerous errors, extraneous charges, etc., which stressed me out to no end (cf lack of responsiveness above).

I understand that the wedding industry is a serious business--I don't think I even care about being made to feel "like a number," but at least be courteous and professional to your clients. If they point out a mistake on the contract or request a copy of a document, do not wait until the very last minute to change it or send it out, or claim never to have received an email request or phone message. Budgeting for a huge event is a serious time and financial investment, and I had to really be on my guard and pushy with these people in order to ensure my event ran smoothly, and that I didn't go over budget.

PROs: The site's inherent pros are that it is a beautiful location (though windy), no sound requirements, and fairly private.
Wedding: 08/28/2010

Michbunny 5 Reviews
For those of you who think that food isn't important, I ask you to reconsider. Trust me, your guests will appreciate a delicious meal! And needless to say, Wine Valley Catering was hands down, the best! From the welcome bar, to the appetizers, to the starters, to the main course, and finally to the dessert bar, they presented top notch food the entire evening. Not only were the dishes beautifully presented, but staff was extremely professional and attentive. If you're looking for quality food and a fun and professionalism team, then go with Wine Valley Catering!
Wedding: 08/20/2010
  • Quality of Service:  4.0
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Everything was delicious and great but they could have been a little bit more attentive to the bride!
Wedding: 05/21/2010
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Food was very important to us and we are so happy that we went with Wine Valley. The food was incredible! We were blown away with our food and working with Wine Valley was a breeze. Lisa and Sheila were amazing to work with both in pre-planning and on the day of the event. It was great working with them and knowing that everything was handled and under control. We are already looking at throwing another party soon just so we can have Wine Valley cater!
Wine Valley Catering responded with the following comments:
Thanks so much Niki... it was such a pleasure to be a part of your wedding day! I hope to see you both again soon!! ~Lisa
Wedding: 05/08/2010
4.9/5.0
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
My wife and I decided during our wedding "daydreaming" phase that the three most important things in our perfect wedding scenario would be the food, the wine, and the music. We wanted our guests to leave our wedding saying, "Wow! That was the best wedding food we've ever had!" Thanks to Wine Valley Catering, that's exactly what they said. Though working on a budget in wine country was anything but ideal, Debbe from WVC was a superstar! The presentation of everything from the welcome bar, to the buffet, to the dessert bar was exquisite. Debbe really listened to each and every detail we were concerned about and made sure our vision became a reality. The delicious buffet offered our guests a ton of variety and the food stayed warm until the last guest filled their plate...for a second time! The staff was friendly, extremely professional, and very attentive, especially to the family tables and my wife and me. Our water and wine glasses were never less than half full.

WVC really makes you forget you're at a wedding and makes you feel like you're at an intimate dinner with great friends. If/when I'm rich and famous enough to throw catered birthdays for myself and 200 of my closest friends, I look forward to hiring WVC again :) Until then, I hope you'll keep them busy. WVC rocks!
Wedding: 06/27/2009
4.7/5.0
  • Flexibility:  4.5
Food was one of the top priorities on our list and Wine Valley Catering didn't disappoint. We had planned to meet with a few catering vendors, but once we had our tasting at WVC, we were sold. Not only was the food oustanding, but the presentation was fabulous, allowing us to "eat with our eyes" first. Lisa worked with us throughout the planning process and despite numerous back-and-forth emails (from me, mostly!), she was always pleasant to work with and made sure to incorporate all of my ideas/suggestions. On our wedding day, the reception ran so smoothly because of WVC. Our guests were all astounded by the quality and beauty of the food, as well as the level of service provided by on-site staff. Many, many thanks to Wine Valley Catering for making our wedding day memorable!
Wedding: 05/03/2009
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Wine Valley Catering did a fantastic job catering our wedding. We worked with Lisa Freathy to create a special menu from the Lemonade Welcome Bar to the late night Snacks/Beers, all of the food WVC provided was incredible. WVC pays attention to the details, has a superb staff from the chefs to the waiters and goes the extra mile to present an extra special presentation. I can't recommend them highly enough.

We started the wedding with lavendar lemonade and ice tea, served in high ball glasses which we were expertly collected right before the ceremony. After the ceremony, my husband and I were greeted with an appetizer assortment on a silver tray just for us. Our guests were greeted with trays of wine and champagne and beer and passed appetizers - mini lamb burgers, smoked duck wraps, demi cups of bisque and stuffed figs. Heaven! Our dinner was expertly served: beet salad, filet topped with prawns atop a spinach mashed potato. Following the cake service and just before the last band song of the evening, WVC waiters took the dance floor with mini Coronas and trays of quesadillas - such a tasty and fun treat to an afternoon and evening of wonderful food.

Make sure you ask for Lisa when you call!
Wedding: 10/18/2008
3.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service:  4.5
  • Responsiveness:  2.5
  • Professionalism:  3.0
  • Flexibility:  4.0
Wine Valley caterering did a great job the day of the wedding. Our tasting appointment was also great. Everything in between was less than expected. They were hard to reach at times, continued to change the cost, and forgot about changes we made. Luckily, I had a wedding planner who was not willing to go along with their constant cost increases. If you go with Wine Valley, know the food and service will be great, but watch the ever-changing budget.
Wedding: 09/29/2007
  • Responsiveness:  4.5
  • Value:  4.5
  • Flexibility:  5.0
Just a wonderful and tasty experience. This was the first caterer we've tried and we didn't have to look anywhere else! Really impressive service and food! Simply fabulous!
Wedding: 09/01/2007
 707-256-2900
Please let this vendor know
you found them on WeddingWire