Plated, Buffet, Stations, Family Style

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Preferred Sonoma Caterers

Serving Sonoma, Marin and Napa Counties
Preferred Sonoma Caterers is a full service catering company provid everything from taylored menus, experienced service staff, to rentals. We are also happy to provide event planning advice and suggest service providers we have had good experiences with.

Preferred Sonoma Caterers was founded by Chef Amber Balshaw. Amber apprenticed in Innsbruck, Austria, attended the Culinary Institute of America (our country's foremost culinary academy) where She graduated first in her class. While still in school she had the honor to cook for then Vice-President George Bush, and on another occasion with Julia Childs in the demonstration kitchen.

At the Ojai Valley Inn and Country Club, which is known for its attraction of the Hollywood elite, she had the pleasure to bake for a multitude of stars, three former U.S. presidents and many other dignitaries.

Founding PSC in 1992 the business has seen great success and some notable events. Among some of our more unusual events have been a 3 day long Millennium party for 300 guests. Provided catering on location for John Travolta. Catered for Emeril Lagasse during his San Francisco special.

Categories: Wedding Caterer

Mexican (1)
Gluten Free (1)
Lactose Free (1)
No Pork (1)

Amber and the whole team at Sonoma Preferred Catering were absolutely amazing to work with! The food was absolutely delicious and the presentation was gorgeous! The entire team was incredibly professional and helpful throughout the entire planning process. They are so knowledgable and accommodating they made it a stress-free experience. They worked incredibly well with our planner and our venue, which made everything go very smoothly.
Thank you so much!!

Profile Picture Amy, 5/5/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, American, Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Tastings, Vegan, Vegetarian

I cannot rave ENOUGH about PSC! We hired them because they gave us the cheapest bid, but god can I tell you that the food was incredible! We did the tasting a good 6 mo before the wedding and everything was DELICIOUS even my picky mom loved it. And Amber was so great about adjusting things to what we liked. The day-of, everyone was raving about the food (there were stations so everyone got to try everything). It was seriously so good, my husband and his entire family are very into good and they loved it! Amber was incredibly responsive, had great ideas for creative drinks we could do to make the wine more interesting, was incredibly accommodating, and set up all our tables and chairs exactly like we wanted (they handled our rentals as well). She did two walk throughs with us and answered all our emails promptly. Wish we could do it all over again!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/30/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Vegan, Vegetarian, Chairs, Tables, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, American, Asian, Local, Mexican

They were really good, the food was amazing I told exactly what I wanted to Amber on the menu. They spilled tomato soup on my grandma (87 years old) and cousin, which everyone knows does not come out. Also there was a form to fill out that stated who gets special left overs prior to the big event, it was my parents, my in-laws and my wedding coordinator, however no one on my form got left overs. Epic fail in my book.

Profile Picture BB, 9/30/17, 4 Reviews

220x220 sq 1250800690822 tentwithfloor
220x220 sq 1250800692557 tomatocapresemartini2
220x220 sq 1250800695072 vineyarddinner

1 ENDORSEMENT
We love working with Amber and her incredible team! They are always so helpful and amazing to work with. They make sure all the guests are attended to and always make sure our DJs eat too!

416 East D Street, Petaluma, CA 94952   See On Map