Preferred Sonoma Caterers Reviews

30 Reviews for Preferred Sonoma Caterers

• Kelsey

Kelsey B. · Married on 09/01/2019

Absolutely perfect!

Amber and Edie were absolutely phenomenal to work with and I would recommend to anyone in a heartbeat! The food was absolutely delicious for the slightly lower budget I had and everyone was commenting on how good the food was the whole night. The night-of staff was so professional, kind and helpful, and as a bride, I didn't even have to think twice about anything that night. PSC was by far one of my best vendor decisions!!!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Tara · Married on 10/27/2018

Delicious Wedding Catering

Amber, Edie, and the entire PSC team were amazing from start to finish! Edie was so responsive and Amber really helped us shape the catering of our wedding! PSC is a preferred vendor for Gloria Ferrer for a reason! The food was amazing, everything was displayed beautifully, and they worked with the multiple sites within our venue with ease. We had several dietary requests that Amber was able to accommodate. The day of team did an amazing job! We also really appreciated that PSC provided displays for our dessert table with items from their shop and made it look lovely.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Marie · Married on 07/21/2018

SIMPLY AMAZING! We can't say enough praises on how wonderful Amber, Edie, and the entire team at PSC are. We got married at the Secret Gardens and knew that we wanted a caterer familiar with the quirky setup of the venue. This team is the one to hire! We knew we were in good hands from the beginning; Edie was super helpful and very responsive, and Amber made the entire process easy, seamless, and fun. In fact, they were so fantastic that we asked them to caterer our brunch on the bluffs the following day.

The FOOD! Our friends and family are still talking about how amazing the food was at the wedding. I work in hospitality and know how difficult it is to run a banquet event and to maintain the food quality. We had two passed apps, the bounty cheese & fruit display and added charcuterie; two types of salads family style, and a full buffet with chicken, braised beef, farro, veggies, and ravioli (these were mouth-watering). For dessert, we had their classy cups and s'mores, and asked that they assist to set up our cookie table (hometown tradition). Not only did everything look great, but it tasted even better. We've already had a couple of friends reach out for recommendations!

A huge THANK YOU to this entire team - you've exceeded our expectations. If we can give a better rating, we would. We highly recommend PSC, and suggest that you contact them if planning an event in or around the Sonoma/Petaluma/Bodega Bay area. They will be the first ones we call should we host an event that way again.

Sent on 09/18/2018
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin · Married on 06/23/2018

Amber, Edie, and the rest of the Preferred Sonoma Caterers team were absolutely amazing! From the first meeting with Amber, we knew we were in wonderful hands. When our wedding venue cancelled on us at the last minute, Amber and her team went out of their way to help us find a new location and adapt our plan to the new venue. Amber made phone calls to anyone she could think of, even though she was on vacation during the time of our venue canceling! Amber and her team were so professional and were always quick to respond to our emails and phone calls (and we had many)!!

The PSC team went above and beyond on the day of the wedding. It was a very hot day and when I (the bride) was about to take a car up to the ceremony site, one of the servers ran inside to get me a giant glass of water. The food and drinks were spectacular, and the service was even better. As the bride and groom, we were worried about having time to eat and visit all of our guests, but the PSC made sure we had food and drinks at all times without needing to go to the buffet. At the end of the night, they packed up any of the leftovers we had so that we could take them home and enjoy the delicious food after the wedding was over. We can't thank them enough for making our day so special! All in all, it was a wonderful experience with an amazing staff and we would recommend Preferred Sonoma for any event!

Sent on 08/05/2018

Amy · Married on 05/05/2018

Amber and the whole team at Sonoma Preferred Catering were absolutely amazing to work with! The food was absolutely delicious and the presentation was gorgeous! The entire team was incredibly professional and helpful throughout the entire planning process. They are so knowledgable and accommodating they made it a stress-free experience. They worked incredibly well with our planner and our venue, which made everything go very smoothly.
    Thank you so much!!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Karri · Married on 04/29/2017

What vendors you chose for your wedding can make or break your experience. Of course with a caterer you want someone who will provide the most delicious food for your guests - but it's more than icing on the cake to not only have amazing food, but also the sweetest people to work with. Amber and her team are the best! Our guests raved about how great the food was and how accommodating and sweet the whole team was during service. And I couldn't agree more! We wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 05/01/2017
  • User4520310 · 2+ years ago

This company is amazing. They are so organized, professional and flexible. They helped us stay with in our budget and are very easy to work with.

Sent on 02/20/2015

Courtney · Married on 06/06/2015

Amber and team were great to work with. We were planning our Sonoma wedding from Minneapolis, so it was important to have a caterer that was responsive. The food was AMAZING and our guests still talk about the "Sonoma Bounty" of fresh fruit and local cheeses. Amber and team were also great at coordinating all the day of set up and working closely with our venue to make sure everything was perfect. They did a great job and I highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Danica · Married on 10/12/2014

Preferred Sonoma couldn't have been a better fit for our wedding - from food selection, styling to the company's "Green" philosophy. When ever we would meet with or call Preferred we felt like we had there full attention. Having a wedding at an unfamiliar site - Amber visited the venue to walk through layout and meet the owners. As nerves build towards the final day - questions start to accumulate - Edie was always on top of answering them. And lastly during the wedding the staff always made sure me and the groom were taken care of. Having Preferred as our caterer I knew the event would go smoothly. Plus after talking with all the guest - they loved the food

Sent on 10/20/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 10/10/2014

If you are going to have an event in the Petaluma area, use Preferred Sonoma Caterers!!!!! I am in the event industry, so have A LOT of experience with caterers. Matt is a chef/ restaurant owner, so to say that food was going to be important at our wedding- is a huge understatement. In addition to phone conversations & emails to get specifics worked out, we met with Amber 5 days beforehand at the venue & worked out all of the details (as Matt & I had never seen the venue except online, this was VERY important to us). She was knowledgable, professional, efficient, and just wonderful all around. At our wedding, both the staff and the food was great. We could not have been more pleased!

Sent on 11/29/2014

Carol · Married on 09/27/2014

Not only our guest but also the venue staff complimented their service, taste and professionalism.

Sent on 01/24/2015

Deanna · Married on 09/22/2014

Finding a Sonoma caterer all the way from Texas was not an easy feat, but I am more than happy to have picked Preferred Sonoma Catering! They were incredibly helpful planning the menu and answering all of my questions throughout the planning process. I had a few guests with a gluten sensitivity and an allergy to red meat, and they figured out hors d’oeuvres, main course and desserts to accommodate everyone! I had multiple people come up to me during the wedding to tell me how great the food was – and it was truly delicious!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Monica · Married on 06/27/2014

We are so happy that we chose Preferred Sonoma Caterers. They "put on" a perfect wedding for us. Every detail was with our dream and wishes in mind. Then they added their exceptional service and tasty food to make for one amazing day! Every person that we met along the way was so friendly and helpful. This was a destination wedding for us and it was easy to plan, even from afar, with their guidance. Thank you!!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Pam · Married on 09/15/2013

Food was fantastic! Service was outstanding! They even made little to go boxes that were delicious for the late night snacking!
    At one multiple times during the evening, the staff would spot me and ask, do you need anything? Water? Wine? It was so kind because I didn't even realize how tired I was before the event even started, or that yes, I do want some wine ;)

Sent on 10/22/2013

Sarah · Married on 09/14/2013

I first experienced their service at a friend's wedding in Sonoma--everything was impeccable, food was delicious, and they were incredible with the guests. When my husband and I were planning our wedding for Napa, we did our research, interviewed many other caterers, but came back to Preferred Sonoma because of their excellent, local, fresh cuisine, amazing service, and family-run philosophy. I also loved that they coordinated your rentals as well. We wanted everything we served to be in-season…and our menu got rave reviews from all our guests: high boys filled with fresh heirloom carrots, tomatoes, radishes, salt, etc; chicken with peach salsa, trip tip, grilled summer vegetables, etc. It was a feast for the eyes! Wouldn't hesitate to work with them again. Would recommend them to everyone with an event in the area! Can't speak highly enough about this company, its delicious food, and incredible professionalism.

Sent on 04/01/2014

Jane · Married on 08/03/2013

I would give Preferred Sonoma Caterer 10 stars out of 5 if I could.

Amber and her team catered both our rehearsal dinner and the wedding reception (for 70 guests). Everything from the initial consultation to the wedding day was just so great. They are responsive, professional, and even handled all our equipment rentals. Amber in particular was just so great with menu suggestions; and the food, omg, the food was amazing. My husband and I are pretty particular about food, and we figured well you know catered food one can't expect too much but boy the food was GREAT. Amber came to the event herself and personally carved the delicious NY steak for all our guests to order.

The staff who did both our events were nothing short of amazing. The styling of the food was great, the service was beyond what I would expect, and every time you think you might want something it's already taken care of. For example, I miscounted the number of vegetarians we had and of course, they brought extra. Also, they put all our extra food from the wedding in cute meal-sized picnic boxes with fork/knifes in it so we could easily enjoy it the next day, it was so thoughtful!!!

You want your wedding vendor to anticipate your needs and then deliver beyond expectations, so you don't have to worry about a single thing. PSC does that and then some, all at very reasonable prices as well. I would definitely recommend them without any hesitation.

Sent on 08/21/2013
  • Francine

Francine · Married on 03/16/2013

I can't say enough good things about Amber, Edie and the Preferred Sonoma Caterers team! I was looking for a wedding caterer and did a lot of research online and via personal recommendations and these guys are hands down the best.

Every time I emailed with questions, Edie wrote back right away. Some caterers I wrote to would take weeks to respond. I got proposals from 4 different caterers for comparison's sake, and all of the other proposals included things we didn't ask for or need. Preferred Sonoma Caterers listened to what we wanted, and sent a well thought out and thorough proposal. More importantly, their proposal was 100% transparent, no hidden fees or unexpected costs. They have enough experience to know what you don't know, and are extremely helpful in customizing their services to your budget. We did a tasting and fell in love with Amber's braised beef short ribs and roasted red pepper halibut and we were sold.

On the day of the wedding, Preferred Sonoma Caterers made sure everything went smoothly, which was no small feat considering we ended up with last-minute changes to the schedule due to factors beyond our control (ceremony starting late, aunt deciding to say grace...). But for everything that popped up, Amber, Michelle and team just took care of it very methodically and professionally, and we didn't have to worry about a thing.

All of our guests told us they had never had such a delicious dinner at a wedding, and the appetizers were amazing both in presentation and in taste. The cheese and fruit table was a work of art, and showcased lots of local Sonoma artisan cheeses.

Preferred Sonoma Caterers, thank you so much for making our wedding day incredible!

Sent on 04/13/2013

Jill · Married on 04/28/2012

We had a small wedding, guest total of 24. The staff prepared a buffet of cheese/ fruit/ crakers and a full sit down dinner in 2 different locations on the Hills of Kunde Estate. They exceeded our expectations, they were there to take care of Jack and I the second we needed anything, before the wedding they helped Jack get himself organized, carried my flowers and other items over to the other hill for us(not their responsibility). The food is to "die for". Friendly, polite to everyone, and most of all went above and beyond their call of duty. They carried my gift for the groom, made sure the temperature was just right for dinner. Served the wine, the food, kept our glasses full, served our cake, I just can't say enough. I wish they were here in Dallas we would have them cater everything!

Sent on 11/27/2012
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 11/20/2011

Good food was one of the top priorities for our wedding and PSC were the ones who made it happen! After some research online for a caterer in wine country, we met with Amber for a tasting. We decided to look no further and went with PSC after that. The food was delicious, but most of all, we loved that Amber was down to earth and actually cares about what we want instead of just quoting us some minimum fee.

We worked with Amber and Edie via email during the 2.5 months of wedding planning, they were responsive and very flexible. Amber worked with us on our preferences and our budget. She also worked with my MOH on the linens and color scheme for the reception, everything turned out wonderful! And the food....VERY DELICIOUS and even better than we expected!! We never tasted our final entree selections prior to the wedding so we just trusted Amber, and we're so glad we did! Our guests told us it was the best wedding meal they ever had! :)

Thank you PSC and Amber for all your hard work!

Sent on 01/03/2012

Brook · Married on 10/01/2011

They made our day very seamless! They are so professional and really know our venue. I got to sit back and enjoy the evening. They are amazing!!!

Sent on 10/07/2011

Nicole · Married on 07/16/2011

The team at Preferred Sonoma Caterers did an amazing job at our wedding this month. We could not be happier with the food quality and service attention. Highly recommended for anyone getting married in northern California!

Sent on 07/27/2011

Allena · Married on 07/24/2010

WOW! Amber gave us all that we wanted and more. PSC was easy to work with throughout the planning process. When it came time for our wedding day, I had not worries. The whole staff that was present at our wedding did their jobs and went above and beyond every time I asked for help or for something to be done. Thanks a Ton!!

Sent on 08/11/2010

Tara · Married on 10/12/2008

I can' say enough good things about this company. We chose to do food stations for our wedding (Southern, Italian, and Wine Country) and Amber and Edie worked with us to create a perfect menu. There was more than enough food and with 3 food stations & 3 passed appetizers we paid less than what some companies quoted us for a simple buffet ($28.50 a head). They helped me adjust my menu and make slight changes for over a year and never complained about it. Amber met me at my site a few weeks before the wedding and did the entire site layout drawing for me and submitted it to the people who needed to do the setup.

Our banquet captian the evening of the wedding was WONDERFUL. He was so on top of it that his service rivaled that of my day of coordinator - in fact I almost felt as though I had two! I loved the fact that gratuity was not added into the invoice - you paid what you felt was deserved on the evening of the event. Most caterers have a set 18-20% and even if they are awful you have no recourse. We had emails and calls for the week after the wedding telling us that it was some of if not the best food the people ever had at a wedding. We like the ham on the Southern station so much we are getting one for Thanksgiving!

Sent on 10/28/2008

Andrea · Married on 06/02/2007

This catering service was excellent!! Not only were they a pleasure to work with, their food was amazing! We're still getting compliments after a year! Their prices were fair and they'll work with you to stay within your budget while still providing elegant service. At the reception, they took care of everything...tableclothes, napkins, china...everything! All 250 of our guests were pleased to sit down to a full meal :)

Sent on 10/30/2008

Sarah · Married on 09/30/2017

I cannot rave ENOUGH about PSC! We hired them because they gave us the cheapest bid, but god can I tell you that the food was incredible! We did the tasting a good 6 mo before the wedding and everything was DELICIOUS even my picky mom loved it. And Amber was so great about adjusting things to what we liked. The day-of, everyone was raving about the food (there were stations so everyone got to try everything). It was seriously so good, my husband and his entire family are very into good and they loved it! Amber was incredibly responsive, had great ideas for creative drinks we could do to make the wine more interesting, was incredibly accommodating, and set up all our tables and chairs exactly like we wanted (they handled our rentals as well). She did two walk throughs with us and answered all our emails promptly. Wish we could do it all over again!!

Sent on 10/09/2017