The Makeup And Hair Studio

The Makeup And Hair Studio

La Jolla, CA
760.889.6962
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Paula was a recommendation from a coworker of mine. As I looked online for other salons and wedding professionals, her name kept popping up and it was obvious that I needed to meet with her and have a trial run.

She was informative and spent quite a bit of time going over the look I was going for. My trial run was beautiful and I signed the contract on the spot.
I didn't need to keep the other salon appointments I made because I had found my artist!

The wedding day went smoothly and everything was perfect! I'm glad she was available on our date!

Everyone complimented me on my makeup and hair. Thanks again!!!

Profile Picture
Amanda
05/19/2012

TM&HS came to my rescue when my cousin who begged me to let her do my hair and makeup (I knew I shouldn't of said yes!)
pulled out 3 days before because our mothers got into a fight!

I called as asked if they cold save me and my bridal party with a late reservation, with only 3 days to go I didn't have the luxury of time. I found her threw a friend, I jumped online and read their reviews and decided to see if they would even be available.

Thankfully Paula was super nice and willing to make it happen. She got me in for a trial a day later, the night of my rehearsal dinner!

My wedding day was beautiful and even though it stressed me out, in the end I'm glad my cousin pulled out because I know she could have never made me look as good as they did!

Profile Picture
Amanda
05/19/2012

pulled out 3 days before because our mothers got into a fight!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I had a few trial runs with other salons before finding Paula & Anthony. Obviously I wasn't happy with the other looks I tried and I always felt like the stylist was rushing me out of her chair. One stylist I went to was running 30 min late and actually told me she only had 20min available for my trial including the consultation!
I went to Bridal Hair Divas as a last resort thinking that if they couldn't do something then I would just wear my hair down and do it myself. They booked me for an after work appt at 6:30 and I was the only one in the salon. WOW, compared how I felt about the other salons and stylist rushing me out of their chairs I was relieved. We talked about my wants for hair and makeup and I already felt like they were going to get it right just from the consultation they gave me. needless to say after and hour and a half my hair and makeup looked incredible, I felt at ease and I signed the contract. On the day of my wedding they did not disappoint! I wish I found them 1st instead of wasting money and time with the other salons but in the end I looked amazing and I've recommended them to a few coworkers. :)

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I went to Bridal Hair Divas (now The Makeup and Hair Studio) as a last resort thinking that if they couldn't do something then I would just wear my hair down and do it myself. They booked me for an after work appt at 6:30 and I was the only one in the salon. WOW, compared how I felt about the other salons and stylist rushing me out of their chairs I was relieved. We talked about my wants for hair and makeup and I already felt like they were going to get it right just from the consultation they gave me. needless to say after and hour and a half my hair and makeup looked incredible, I felt at ease and I signed the contract. On the day of my wedding they did not disappoint! I wish I found them 1st instead of wasting money and time with the other salons but in the end I looked amazing and I've recommended them to a few coworkers. :)

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Having Bridal Hair Divas come to my hotel was one of the best decisions I made about my wedding. I felt so relaxed, since we had over 500 people to worry about, it helped knowing they were there for my wedding party and only my wedding party! I'm glad I hired both of them for the day since I had so many dresses and looks. Driving back and forth between the different hotels could of been mayhem but they were so calm and professional. I loved my 1st. look with my elegant up-do and flawless make-up but I loved my second look even better! I felt so glamorous in my dress with hair & make-up completed. I'm glad Paula suggested extensions for length because it made a huge difference. My make-up was vibrant and beautiful, exactly what I wanted. I think I got a million compliments! My bridal party looked like they stepped out of a magazine. I wish I could hire BHD again for the day so I can feel like a princess again. Bridal Hair Divas has already done one of my friends weddings and I'm sure they will be doing a lot more! When I visit from Texas I'm going to make an appointment for my haircut. Thanks BHD!!!