Sweet Temptations

Value
Flexibility
4.3
0.9

Cake tasted great the 2nd time it arrived. The 1st time it arrived it was the wrong color, the designs were sloppy and looked like a 4 year old did them, and the cake was damaged. The 2nd time the cake arrived in the middle of my reception, was the right color but the decorations were coming off, the design work looked like it was done in High School Home Ec and weren't uniform. It's sad because at my tasting I was treated well and the other pastry items were good, apparantly they are a good pastry shop but do not know how to decorate or transport a wedding cake. The worst part is not only did I have a horrible wedding cake but I had to field questions from the guests all evening regarding "what happend with the cake, etc."

3.2

I selected this bakery for my groom's cake as a surprise for my fiance at our rehearsal dinner. The cake, a strawberry shortcake, was dense, dry and not sweet. My poor guy could not even finish his piece. It was very disappointing. I emailed them about it when we got back from our honeymoon and I never received a response or acknowledgement.

Services Used: Unique Services (Other)

I need to contact this vendor to find out what happened, but my honest review is as follows:

I booked them through our caterer and was thrilled. The tastings were fabulous. I've bought *two* cakes other than the wedding cake from this bakery and ALL were yummy!!

For my wedding cake, and perhaps it was me, but the final design really was very different from what I believe we discussed. The colors were off too. Having said that, ONLY I, the bride, knew the difference. EVERYONE loved it and thought it was beautiful.

Now when we got into and tasted it - OH MY GOSH! It was better than I remembered.

So would I recommend this vendor? Yes I really would. My only side note to that would be to be SURE everything is well described with photos as possible.

4.7

The cake looked amazing, and tasted even better!

Profile Picture
kmbbc
09/12/2008

Our cake was absolutely gorgeous-- exactly what we wanted-- and many guests at our wedding told us it was the best wedding cake they had ever had. We are still enjoying refrigerated cake days later and I just can't believe how good it is, and I don't even typically like cake. They are highly recommended.

4.2

Our cake was beautiful and delicious. It was included in our catering package through Hunt Valley Catering.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Delicious and beautiful! All of my guests remarked about the flavor of the cake and everyone wanted a slice to take home! I havent stopped hearing about it yet! They offer any cake style you are looking for, from traditional to modern, chic to country. I recommend the almond with french cream!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Our guests are still talking about our wedding cake! Everyone loved the different layers and it was beautifully decorated with pink icing roses.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Upon first meeting Donna, it's clear she isn't big on pomp and circumstance. She's a down to earth no nonsense sort of person- and her cakes stand on their own. We had many compliments on the taste of our three tier cake. They did a great job bringing my design to fruition, as well.
The only downside was that the piping bled into the buttercream icing- which really detracted from the overall look of the cake as the day progressed- it was a pretty intricate leaf and vine design, and by the time the cake was cut, we'd lost a lot of the detail due to it.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

They delivered the cake a little later than we had hoped, but it was absolutely delicious and beautiful!