Stephina Photography

Stephina Photography

You're marrying your bestfriend, who better to capture those beautiful moments than two best friends

1233 Camino del rio south #275
San Diego, CA 92108 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Portraiture, Traditio...
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush ...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Quality of Service:
Responsiveness:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I chose Stephina photography after reading their awesome reviews. After our first meeting with Tina, we knew immediately that they were perfect for us! Our engagement shoot was so much fun, and us being a little nervous, Tina made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera. The engagement photos were phenomenal!!! Stephanie and Tina blew us away and we could not wait for them to photograph our wedding. Fast forward a couple of months to our wedding day and I was a huge ball of nerves. We decided to do a first look along with bridal party photos before the ceremony. Their humor and personalities really helped to calm the nerves as well as entertain our bridal party. Everyone loved them! When we saw the teaser photos we both had tears in our eyes. They are absolutely stunning. We could not have dreamed of pictures that capture the moments that these pictures do. I absolutely cannot wait to see the rest!!! Stephanie and Tina are the real deal and we are so thankful we found them!!!!

• Wedding: 10/12/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Oh my gosh where do I even start! Steph and Tina are seriously so awesome!! They have incredible personalities and are fabulous photographers!

I found Stephina Photography through Yelp (I think) or maybe it was WeddingWire, I don't remember LOL. Either way, my husband and I are SO glad we did! I checked out their website and loved their gallery of pictures, the style of photography and they even had posted a short clip video interview. I'm pretty sure this video sold the deal on making an appointment to meet them. They were clever and witty, but it really showed off their personalities. It helped to make things less awkward knowing they were outgoing.

We live in Orange County and made the drive to SD to meet them at their studio. A little nervous at first, they changed that right away. After talking and taking in as much info as we could, we decided to book them right then and there. Oh I forgot to mention, they were also the first photographers we met with!

Tina met us in San Clemente for our engagement shoot and although it was a very crappy foggy day, the pictures still came out awesome! She also did a walk through of our venue ahead of time (since they had never been before) to scope out all the awesome places to take pictures.

We got married at the end of August at Stone Gardens and they did an awesome job! They were on top of it, knew exactly what they are doing, know how to handle any size crowd, are fast but efficient and most importantly our wedding pictures turned out incredible!

Thanks Steph and Tina, you girls rock!

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We found out about Stephina Photography through their awesome reviews on Yelp. I checked out their website and was blown away by their talent. The photographs they captured, and their style of storytelling, was exactly what I had in mind. My husband was deployed when I went to meet with Stephanie and Tina for the first time, but I knew right away that he would approve my decision to have them capture the moments of our big day! It was a no brainer after meeting them because of their upbeat, fun, and humorous personalities. We had them shoot our engagement session, which turned out phenomonal, and we abosolutely love, love, love, love, love, our wedding photos from our July nuptials. I advise to future brides and grooms to be cautious with your photography choice, this is a huge decision, that requires the best of the best. Stephina Photography was our camera magic maker, and we couldn't be more pleased. We look forward to having little ones in the future, and will be working with them again!

• Wedding: 07/26/2014
Elizabeth
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot say enough great things about Stephanie and Tina! We hired them for our engagement and wedding photos and were not disappointed! Both Stephanie and Tina are funny, sweet and professional. They make you feel comfortable and we never felt awkward at all. It always felt like we were taking photos with friends and they turned out phenomenal. We never felt like they were bothering us but they still captured everything. Don't hesitate to hire them! I know we'll be working with them any and every time we need a pro photographer!

• Wedding: 07/20/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

These girls are beyond amazing!! They did our Engagement & Wedding Photos and thank them so much for all of their help, time and support!! We were so lucky to work with such wonderful people, and we are so grateful for them helping make our beautiful day complete!! They have been such a joy to work with and I am beyond amazed at what wonderful service they provided! Steph and Tina made our Wedding run so smoothly and were there to capture every second of it! Thank you so much and I would give them 100 stars if I could!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

I knew they were going to be our photographers after the first few minutes of meeting with them. They are fun, creative and professional... all the the things we want our pictures to convey. They makes us look good and somehow our lives appear so vibrant in their images. They have a keen eye for capturing significant moments. It's a pleasure to look back on important memories through their lens.

My husband and I were not naturals in front of the camera, but Tina's charisma during the first engagement shoot is contagious. She made us feel comfortable and brought out our personalities. After the first session, we felt like seasoned pros. We were definitely more prepared for the main event. During the photo editing phase, Steph is the go-to gal! She works her magic and makes us look like we get paid to do this. One of the things I appreciate most in a professional context, is responsiveness. These ladies are on top of it. I received timely responses to all my correspondence, usually within a couple hours, always in the same day.

Throughout the entire wedding and the days following, we got so many compliments from guests about our photography team. The words delightful, efficient, professional, and legit are only a few of the many praises we heard about Steph and Tina. Our family and friends were thoroughly impressed with how everything was executed and how the pictures turned out.

I also planned most my wedding with their referral list. They know their stuff and can point you in the right direction, if you want quality service. We LOVE working with this dynamic duo. They will be our official photographers for every momentous occasion, as long as we're living in San Diego.

• Wedding: 07/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Steph and Tina are an incredible team.

Comms: From the start and throughout our contract communication was excellent. We spoke for about an hour the first time initially and I new just from our phone call that we were a great match. Any email I had, they returned them promptly. It was always easy.

Personality: They are both so down to earth making the entire process comfortable. Let's face it, posing for pictures can be awkward and unnatural. Some how they manage to eliminate to eliminate that feel. Did I mention they are comedians as well? I love that they can self deprecate a bit, while still being super confident in their skills. We have two crazy Labs and they got some amazing shots while be very patient. It was a blast!!!

Cost: I felt like I got a great deal for the quality of photos I got, plus they do some "tier items" (guest book, canvas photo, etc.) for you that are usually way more expensive if purchased separately. Ask for pricing. They make it really easy for you to pay in installments, which really helps when you are paying for your own wedding.

Quality: My pictures are amazing. I did some engagement photos where I wasn't too impressed with my makeup and they created gorgeous shots for me. It was cloudy and cold, the beach wasn't looking it's most gorgeous, but my pics were so pretty. They were so vibrant when needed to be and soft in others. They are truly talented ladies.

I hope this helps. It's worth spending money on photography. Just remember, some places are way more expensive due to just being around for so long, but not necessarily better photos. I liked their style. If you fit well with a photographer your photos will reflect that as well.

• Wedding: 06/21/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Stephanie and Tina are a BLAST to work with!!! The pics are AMAZING, they are on fire!! Love Love Love you guys. Thank you for making the best day ever even better!!

Tina did our engagement photos- she encouraged us to be...us. No uncomfortable posing, just let our personalities shine through. Fun times with great pics!!!

Stephanie and Ann photographed our wedding- and they were AMAZING! They kept everyone in line, took amazing photos and we got teasers in 3 days!!! They captured the most perfect moments during the wedding. They will forever be our photographers through our life events. Can't thank you enough!!!

• Wedding: 06/07/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

These guys are really awesome! Stephanie and Ann worked our wedding and they are so easy to work with and most importantly, take amazing pictures! We looked around at a lot of different photographers and could not be happier with our selection! Everything from the first meeting to the engagement shoot to the actual wedding went perfectly! They get 5 stars across the board, highly recommend!

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If there were 10 stars, I would give them to Stephina! Within minutes of first reaching out to them I received an email back from Stephanie about shooting my wedding which I was extremely impressed about. I knew immediately that I liked her and trusted her. She was so friendly from the very beginning.

Stephanie is extremely communicative when it comes to emails which I think will put any bride at ease. You never have to worry about asking her a question and not getting a response (we even had multiple email conversations going back and forth).

Stephanie did an amazing job on the complimentary engagement photo shoot for my fiance and I and Tina made a beautiful book for us. There were some hiccups with the actual production of the book but Tina took the time to help me fix it exactly how I wanted it. (I will say this was my fault for the hiccups and not Tinas fault at all!) It's so great being able to work with 2 of the nicest photographers!

On the day of the wedding (which was last night) Stephanie and her second shooter Ann showed up on time with smiles on their faces and they were ready to start the crazy day! They made my fiance and I feel so comfortable and put us at ease the entire time. They got everything on our list that we wanted and then some. They follow you around like Paparazzi all night which sounds like it would be weird but it was actually really helpful because you werent needing to search around for them to get a picture with your friends/family.

Stephanie is funny and sweet and has a great eye + sense of humor (which is important). Now, I havent seen any of the pictures from last night yet but just from our engagement shoot and everything I have seen from their Facebook page, I know I am going to love them and I cant wait!

Thank you SO much Stephanie! You are amazing!!

• Wedding: 04/26/2014
Marci
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I can't express how much I loved all the services I received from these two gals. From getting in contact with them to scheduling our photo sessions. We don't live in San Diego area, which can be hard with some vendors, but coordinating all our wedding details with Steph and Tina through email was super easy. The day of our wedding everything went so smoothly not to say how great the pictures came out. These two girls have so much fun with all your wedding party and of course the bride and groom. If you are looking for a photographer(s) who will make you laugh and make your smile look natural in your pictures, make sure to get Stephina Photography.

Thank you so much for the wonderful experience on our wedding day.
I am sure we will contact them for any future sessions!!

1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I met with several photographers before our engagement/wedding photos. When we left our appointment with Steph and Tina and got in the car, we just looked at each other with huge grins on our faces and I even giggled with happiness. These two ladies are deeply genuine, refreshingly hilarious, and always seem to be able to maintain a fun and exciting professionalism. Basically, everything you want in the team who will be such a HUGE part of your wedding day.
Now, if you feel totally uncomfortable in front of the camera, believe me these are the photographers for you! We were both very nervous to be in front of the camera. Tina put us at ease throughout our engagement photo session. On the wedding day it felt like they were our best friends. They kept everything running perfectly, shouting out directions and joking with our extremely large family to capture the photos that had 4o+ people in them. I'm not kidding, there were a ton of people and Steph and Tina had COMPLETE control/command over the situation, managing to do so with an attitude that kept everyone laughing.
My husband and all of the groomsmen have told me repeatedly how awesome the photographers were. Tina even stepped in and saved the day tying a ton of bowties before photos! I loved the calm, yet energetic, directions they provided to me and all my dearest friends during the ladies' photos. Honestly their energy was fun and made me even more excited for the day. They worked so patiently with all of us and fit in so well with all the personalities in our wedding party, which ranged from super shy to loud and hilarious.
Obviously, as you can tell from this novel, I recommend Stephina Photography to everyone. My husband told me he wants to do all future photos with them because he really enjoyed being himself and not feeling weird (he was super nervous to take photos).
Good luck with all your wedding planning!

• Wedding: 04/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was in my friends wedding a few years back and she used Stephina Photography for her photos and I was highly impressed with their work. When I got engaged I set up a meeting with Stephanie and Tina and knew they would be a great fit for my wedding as well. They customized a package for me that included everything I wanted and within my budget. We first shot our engagement photos which turned out amazing! I knew I would not be let down for our wedding photos. Stephanie and Tina are such a great team!! They were so helpful with coming up with a timeline for my wedding photos to ensure we had the best lighting and enough time to get everything I wanted completed. I have seen our teaser photos from the wedding and I could not be more impressed! They are incredible! I would highly recommend Stephina Photography for any event you want photographed. I can not wait to see the rest of our photos and know that they are going to be just as amazing as the ones I have already seen. Thank you Stephanie and Tina!!

• Flexibility: 5.0

Stephanie was the photographer for our small intimate wedding. Steph was easily accessible and was on time to the ceremony and fun to be around. Their a la carte pricing was perfect for our quick event and the pictures are so amazing!! Even though we had bad lighting Steph found a way to take incredible shots! We are so happy with the quality of the photos and would highly recommend Stephina to others!

• Wedding: 09/27/2013
Natasha
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Stephanie and Tina own and operate this company (hence the “Stephina”), and you will be blown away by their talents when visiting their Mission Valley studio.

Tina is typically the main shooter, and Stephanie does the behind-the-scenes work with the editing to make their clients look extra-amazing. Both ladies have strong skill sets, and experiences with all sorts of different shoots.

I am American, and married an Indian man two weeks ago. We had a beautiful Hindu ceremony, and after seeing Stephina’s work, I knew that Tina was the woman for the job.

I am IN AWE of the colors and emotions that Tina was able to capture from our event. There was a lot going on – rituals from the ceremony, traditional dancing, lots of Indian food and general mayhem. Tina’s perspective from behind the lens was one of wonder and creativity, which really shine through in the photos.
Everything Tina directed us to do was so natural – there was no awkwardness, even with family photos! A stunning feat! She got unique posed and candid shots without having a “dictating” presence, which I have seen from other professional photographers, particularly at weddings.

I could not be happier with our wedding photos. My only complaint is that it is impossible for me to choose which of their photos to enlarge for our home.

THANK YOU, Stephina. Readers, do not hesitate to contact them! You will not regret it.

• Wedding: 09/14/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

these girls are amazing. We hit it off on our first meeting. Trying to decide vendors for your wedding is very stressful and it's really nice when you have the opportunity to find fun yet professionals to handle your wedding. Tina is such an amazing photographer and Steph does an awesome job editing photos, they both create such beautiful photos. Which is very important for me since photos are the things I'll treasure about our wedding and out future family will be able to keep. Not only are their skills awesome but they format their work so you see how much you're spending and how much you're saving. Honestly, it was such a good price for the quality you're getting. Anything of such type would cost over $$$, but they don't try to rob you, they love what they do. I got a package from them that included the wedding for 4 hrs, a boudoir session(with the whole 9 yards) and a trash the dress session (which we used as an engagement session) for a price that was really affordable. Like I said, anywhere else would cost you so much more for the same or less quality. Oh and did I mention that they were able to get our guest book within a week of our wedding? Only these amazing women can do such a miracles! They were so nice about it. Trust me, they will bring smiles and happiness when you book them. I really look forward to having them do our photos in the future.

• Wedding: 09/13/2013
619-573-3487
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire
Schedule Appointment