1415 Caminito Septimo, Cardiff by the Sea, CA 92007 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Great Woodland Photography

Great Woodland Photography is a wedding photography company in Encinitas, California. Owner Taryn has been passionately pursuing photography for 15 years, and doing it professionally for four. She captures the unique personality and relationships of each set of clients in all of her photos. Taryn loves getting to know clients while creating and capturing memories with them that will last a lifetime. Great Woodland Photography offers authentic lifestyle and natural light photography services all throughout southern California.

Great Woodland Photography has a natural style of photography, while also incorporating contemporary and photojournalism techniques to create clean, bright and high-resolution images for clients. This company can be there for weddings, engagement shoots, and even family/lifestyle shoots. Their photography services include, but are not limited to:

• Additional hours

Great Woodland Photography 2
Great Woodland Photography 3
Great Woodland Photography 4

Kathryn Capperelli · Married on 12/02/2018

The most fun and comfortable experience ever!

Where do I even begin to describe the love I have for Taryn and Great Woodland Photography?! It was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding.

As all couples who are getting ready to tie the knot know, vendors are necessary, and you need more than one. That means the costs add up. Prior to us making a decision on who we wanted to utilize for photography, Taryn and I had a FaceTime meeting. I learned about her style which was just like mine and she calmed my nerves when we discussed pricing. She is upfront and honest and very reasonably priced. Most photographers I spoke with charged extra for an engagement session, but Taryn includes this in her package and pricing which was so awesome! To be honest, I didn’t even think I wanted an engagement session, but she talked me into it and man, I’m so happy she did! She traveled to the location of our choice which wasn’t entirely close to her, and captured not only beautiful photos of us, but memories. They are hung throughout my house!

Our wedding day was perfect. No seriously, it was. Nothing went wrong! I arrived to Taryn already on property snapping away at the beautiful grounds. We chose to only have photography for 5 hours but I swear she was there earlier and even later! She’s a true talent and doesn’t miss an opportunity to capture something amazing. She made us both feel so comfortable which was especially important for my husband who’s a bit camera shy. You wouldn’t have even known that if you saw our pictures. We never felt posed, awkward or corny. Huge for me! I wanted to be as natural as possible. We were honestly so relaxed with her. Her suggestions were always accepted and appreciated. I truly can’t express how much we love her!

When we received our wedding photos I don’t think I stopped smiling and/or laughing. Laughing because she captured the most fun moments of the night...the dancing, singing, break dancing, etc! I just totally lit up because I didn’t even think we would be able get those photos due to our 5 hours, but she got em!

Brides, grooms...book Taryn with Great Woodland Photography. You will not be disappointed! I look forward to booking Taryn in the future for all other life events!!

Sent on 03/06/2019
  • Aly

Aly Holvik · Married on 12/01/2018

Best wedding photographer we could have asked for!

I literally don’t have the words to tell you how incredible Taryn is to work with – she was hands down our favorite wedding vendor. Taryn has both a keen eye/natural talent for photography as well as excellent professionalism that made her terrific to work with. She took the time to get to know me and my husband and our sense of style before our engagement shoot, and put us at ease right from the get go. She also spends several days before the shoots (both engagement and wedding) on her own time to scope out various areas, lighting at different times of day, etc. You can tell she’s very passionate and knowledgeable about what she does and wants to deliver the best work possible for her clients.
    Also, it’s no secret that I am SUPER picky when it comes to photos, and from the start I had many many requests for Taryn, as well as some requests for editing a few of the photos afterward (solely due to my own stylistic preference). Taryn was incredibly patient with all of these requests, and put in SO many additional hours of work to make sure I was satisfied. She just went above and beyond.
    My husband and I are floored by all of our wedding photos…Taryn captured so many beautiful moments that tell the story our day just perfectly. You NEED Taryn as your wedding photographer – trust me, you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 01/27/2019

Tiffany · Married on 10/06/2018

Taryn is amazing! We had our engagement session at Balboa Park and Coronado beach. She made us feel so comfortable and relaxed, walking us through the process and teaching us a few key poses (good life skills). We put our trust in her to see our vision come to life and we could not be more happy. We can't wait for the wedding!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Great Woodland Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,250.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,650.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Albums
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Great Woodland Photography 1
    10% off for Active or Retired Military
    My husband was in the navy so I understand the challenges of planning a wedding with someone in the Military. So to help out our military families I offer 10% off any package you choose.

• 1415 Caminito Septimo Cardiff by the Sea, CA, 92007 See on map